AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Penguin Drum

Notices

View Poll Results: Penguin Drum - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 37 47.44%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 34.62%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 10.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 5.13%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.28%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.28%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-30, 11:56   Link #61
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
What exactly did he say that we can be sure only a boy was born?
You know, I'm not sure now. At first I thought he would use plural (tachi) if there were more than one boy? But now I'm not sure if the grammar would be correct in that case. We need someone with better moon here.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
I don't believe I posted this comment in this thread, are you sure its mine or made-up?
Sorry my mistake. That was posted by Shergal... I think.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2011-09-30 at 12:17.
Old 2011-09-30, 12:18   Link #62
Used Can

Basically, the conversation goes like this:

え、そうですか。生まれましたか。
男の子か。
それで、妻の方は?
母子ともに健康?はぁ・・・よかった・・・

So, I don't think he's specifying if there's only one child.
Old 2011-09-30, 12:23   Link #63
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
With all the supernatural bullshit, I'm expecting it to turn that Kanba and Shoma used to be one person but got split in two.
I wonder if i should place my bets on Shoma actually being related to the family, just not in the way you'd expect.
Old 2011-09-30, 12:40   Link #64
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
I wonder if i should place my bets on Shoma actually being related to the family, just not in the way you'd expect.
Not expected? How's about....Shouma is a child of Kan and Himari, who time traveled from the future? I don't think what in your mind can beat that

Or wait, i got another one, the reincarnation of Ringo and Himari's love child, who traveled here from the future
Old 2011-09-30, 12:50   Link #65
Kazu-kun

Quote:
the reincarnation of Ringo and Himari's love child, who traveled here from the future
I support this.
Old 2011-09-30, 13:39   Link #66
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Yuri is the Goddess. Calling it now.
Old 2011-09-30, 13:52   Link #67
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Or wait, i got another one, the reincarnation of Ringo and Himari's love child, who traveled here from the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I support this.
+1

Although that would lead to vertical incest if Shou and Ringo were to go further in there relationship. Whole new level of WTH, even by Ikuhara standards.
Old 2011-09-30, 13:57   Link #68
fukarming

Just a thing about the diary:

I think it is little girl (momoka) planning her future with Tabuki. Little kids like to play family and plan for the future.

Kinda like in Cross game, Wakaba writes down what she wants for birthday present up to 20 years old when she is only 10/11
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
Old 2011-09-30, 14:37   Link #69
ShiroiRyu

No one saw the reference at 3:00 ?
Dragon quest IV : 12 :

http://dragonquest.wikia.com/wiki/Maya
Old 2011-09-30, 14:54   Link #70
faburosumakusu

In the part where Tabuki hears about the terrorist attack and a white silhouette is shown behind him, didn't that remind you guys of the child broiler scene with Himari's fated one?
Old 2011-09-30, 15:05   Link #71
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
Just a thing about the diary:

I think it is little girl (momoka) planning her future with Tabuki. Little kids like to play family and plan for the future.

Kinda like in Cross game, Wakaba writes down what she wants for birthday present up to 20 years old when she is only 10/11
Thats my thoughts exactly , thanks for interpretation.
Old 2011-09-30, 15:26   Link #72
ookamigirl

This was a pretty interesting episode. It's amazing how by simple twist of fate Momoka ended up as collateral damage.
So Ken was giving his life force for his sister...
This sure is unusual anime, but it has its really intriguing moments.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2011-09-30, 15:35   Link #73
YayPepsi

I posted this on another message board but I thought I'd bring it here too:

I just have the feeling that maybe Shouma was an unexpected twin. He and Kanba look like twins. It could either be for normal reasons - mom didn't get an ultrasound, was just expecting one baby and then a few hours later gave birth to a second one. Or maybe (as weird as it sounds) Shouma was planted there unexpectedly by supernatural means after Kanba was born. (Or maybe vice versa, but I have the feeling Kanba is the older one.) Maybe he was in that "child broiler" or from "the destination of fate" and came to his mother when he wasn't there before. I know this sounds odd, but this series is odd. XD
Old 2011-09-30, 15:50   Link #74
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by YayPepsi View Post
I posted this on another message board but I thought I'd bring it here too:

I just have the feeling that maybe Shouma was an unexpected twin. He and Kanba look like twins. It could either be for normal reasons - mom didn't get an ultrasound, was just expecting one baby and then a few hours later gave birth to a second one. Or maybe (as weird as it sounds) Shouma was planted there unexpectedly by supernatural means after Kanba was born. (Or maybe vice versa, but I have the feeling Kanba is the older one.) Maybe he was in that "child broiler" or from "the destination of fate" and came to his mother when he wasn't there before. I know this sounds odd, but this series is odd. XD
Chiemi didn't have an ultrasound since Kenzan didn't know it would be a boy. So there is a chance they didn't know they were two, if we put aside the fact that a pregnant woman usually realizes such thing by herslef...
Old 2011-09-30, 17:48   Link #75
king12354

The episode itself was interesting but the symbolism blew me away. It feels like I'm watching a different show than the posters here. I have no idea what's really going on.
Old 2011-09-30, 18:47   Link #76
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Anyone think Yuri might be Momoka?
Old 2011-09-30, 18:52   Link #77
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
Anyone think Yuri might be Momoka?
Thats already one of the possibilities, the other is Himari is the reincarnation.
Old 2011-09-30, 19:49   Link #78
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

So that's like... ALOT of things are added to this already cesspool of mystery and metaphors Like the Penguins weren't enough, we got freaking evil bunnies playing the Devil.
Old 2011-09-30, 20:01   Link #79
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

- Momoka's body was never found. Looking forward to that becoming important in 5-10 episodes.

- Sanetoshi has Oompa-loompas. All arguments to the contrary will be met with chants of "I can't hear you, la la la la".

- The Mary story, and the sequence accompanying it were epic. The story has hints of Aesop, Prometheus, the tree of wisdom and original sin. Edit: Props to those who remembered the story of the Scorpion from Galactic Railroad. I missed that.

- Does Kanba's sacrifice fail? Or does the Princess (Himari?) refuse to take it? She seems legitimately tender towards him, and hesitant to take his life from him.

- Tabuki gets another piece of circumstantial evidence to suggest he could be an unassuming mastermind type of character: A motive for opposing the trio, or at least their family. Also, the other two factions each seem to want the diary to resurrect a loved one. I can think of someone Tabuki might want to bring back, assuming she's even dead.

- The subway attack was called a "survival strategy". There's still a lot more to it than we know.

Last edited by ThereminVox; 2011-09-30 at 20:11.
Old 2011-09-30, 20:03   Link #80
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post
Chiemi didn't have an ultrasound since Kenzan didn't know it would be a boy. So there is a chance they didn't know they were two, if we put aside the fact that a pregnant woman usually realizes such thing by herslef...
Actually I read that it has been known to happen where a mother did not know she was having twins. I guess it's really rare with today's technology but if they didn't have an ultrasound then I think it is very possible that they just didn't know there were two.

And the second child doesn't always come directly after the first.

Of course I am not really sure storywise it would matter if Shouma was a surprise child. Shouma being adopted seems like it would be more significant to the story.

But I am still struck by the fact that Shouma and Kanba have the same green eyes.

edit: I am also wondering if Momoka really died that day. Her body was never recovered and they are hiding her face. Well even if she is dead, I am sure there is more to her story.