5 out of 10: Below Average... 7 12.07%
4 out of 10: Poor... 1 1.72%
3 out of 10: Bad... 2 3.45%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 1 1.72%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-11-07, 14:37   Link #101
justavisitor

watched it...that's the easiest gundam hack ever....Decil doesn't have to blow a hole in the door to get away...Diva's crew simply doesn't have a clue of what's going on...

and one thing I notice is that, Genoace custom was proved to be able to handle the gundam beam gun last episode, why Flit won't use the age-system to produce another beam rifle for his partner? Genoace custom still uses the regular rifle this episode...
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 14:39   Link #102
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
They really need better locks on these things.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 15:27   Link #103
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
and one thing I notice is that, Genoace custom was proved to be able to handle the gundam beam gun last episode, why Flit won't use the age-system to produce another beam rifle for his partner? Genoace custom still uses the regular rifle this episode...
I'm kind of wondering about that to especially given Grodek plan I mean what difference does it make if he can get additional MS it's still the Gundam vs. the UE base unless they get some beter beam rifles for the Genoace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
They should have Age system build them a MS version of the Club.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 15:31   Link #104
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Haha, it's true. If I were in the Gundam universe, I'd have a strong urge to steal a Gundam. Only problem is where to park it though. :S

And it might get stolen, again. I'll settle for any MS, really.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 18:23   Link #105
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
A good lock wouldn't do them any good if the key gets stolen too, as it did in this episode...
Old 2011-11-07, 18:55   Link #106
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
A good lock wouldn't do them any good if the key gets stolen too, as it did in this episode...
Even after stealing the key, it didn't look like there was any resistance at all to Desil taking the Gundam outside the Diva.

And it's kind of funny that Desil could've stolen it while they were outside the Diva and ran away. And then how would they start the Gundam?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 18:58   Link #107
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I can't really get on Emily's case at this point. Right now it sounds like a damn suicide mission. They seem determined to just make sure the Gundam has the only weapon that they've got that can even damage the UE units. 1 vs the entirety of UE sounds absolutely nuts. They don't even know how many are going to be there. At this point it's just a desire to keep someone she cares about from going out and getting killed (especially in a fight that sounds pretty crazy).

Now if it gets going too far then that would be bad. Fine if it takes some time for her to decide how to approach this situation and what she can do in support. Anyways she hasn't crossed the line to me yet. Hopefully though she takes some time to get her thoughts in order and talk to Flit.

And yeah Flit has got to be more careful. Talk about being easy enough to just steal a Gundam then return it without issue .
Old 2011-11-07, 19:32   Link #108
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
watched it...that's the easiest gundam hack ever....Decil doesn't have to blow a hole in the door to get away...Diva's crew simply doesn't have a clue of what's going on...

The Genoaces with Dods/Dots? rifles would equal the gundam, then it wouldnt be special, then kids wouldnt buy the Age-1 kit as much?

i bet the Genoaces are randomly going to show up with Dots/Dods rifles in one episode, just to have a new heavily armored opponent appear so the Age-1 can get a headstart again with a new Out-of-the-Age-Builder-Box weapon

edit

The entire Gundam-Jack in the episode was horrible. -5

giving this episode a 3.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 22:00   Link #109
GundamFan

Quote:
Haha, it's true. If I were in the Gundam universe, I'd have a strong urge to steal a Gundam. Only problem is where to park it though. :S

Wouldn't we all settle for any MS besides some of the none Gundam MS are pretty good especialy the Seed Astray custom models like the Civilian Astray 0 Custom.
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/MWF-JG7...stray_0_Custom

I wonder if Flit will freak out and start living in the cockpit now afraid that if he gets out someone will steal it.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 22:19   Link #110
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Well, you can always use the nearby forest or hills. Also, if you worry so much that it might get stolen, you can always sell it like what Garrod Ran (almost) did.

As for this ep. of AGE, yeah, there's a lot of leaps of logic and plot holes. Like the aforementioned issue why AGE builder didn't make more Dods rifles for Genoaces, the too-easy nature of the Gundam jack, and some men who actually wearing black coats/robes and mask in the middle of a clean and sterile environment (If subtlety & stealth are the purpose of the clothes, wouldn't that will attract more attention considering the environment?).
Old 2011-11-07, 22:34   Link #111
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
I also find it weird when people defend Turn A that it shouldn't be judged based on its animation, but there are some people who judge Gundam Age by its animation. Well, I know you're talking about the story, but I'm just adding.
It's a big difference...If you hated Turn A and never watched it because of the animation you prolly missed out on the depth of character development and plot and genre bending aspects that gives Turn A it's stand-alone flare...Many people (atleast where I've read) that were highly critical about AGE's character designs, were willing to look past that if the show incorporated something great in-terms of storytelling or plot or character development...While 5 episodes isn't the end all be all, I guarantee you after 5 episodes of Turn A you saw much more telltale signs than you are seeing here in-terms of creativity and depth...

You hear alot of stories about people who never watched Turn A because they hated the designs...You don't hear too many people say they watched all of Turn A from the start and just got through it eventhough they hated the character designs...

The people who are hating on the designs (like myself) want the aspects we are disappointed in to be cushioned by things we enjoy, whether that be philosophy, worldveiw, politics, focus on military tactics, hardcore death, or what have you...To make an argument stating that a Gundam show shouldn't have to have any of these things is to make a case against Gundam IMO...

Perhaps Gundam AGE can somehow pick up it's ability and give naysayers some elements that might make our surface criticisms easier to swallow, but episodes like this one and ep 4 appear so linear and base in it's storytelling it's gonna be difficult...Flit does enter the colony next week, so maybe there is an opportunity to atleast give some of us a worldveiw to consider, but devoid of that if all we have to fall back on is the animation, it's where we'll fall upon...
Old 2011-11-07, 22:45   Link #112
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
The Genoaces with Dods/Dots? rifles would equal the gundam, then it wouldnt be special, then kids wouldnt buy the Age-1 kit as much?

i bet the Genoaces are randomly going to show up with Dots/Dods rifles in one episode, just to have a new heavily armored opponent appear so the Age-1 can get a headstart again with a new Out-of-the-Age-Builder-Box weapon

edit

The entire Gundam-Jack in the episode was horrible. -5

giving this episode a 3.
but then I will have to list the "Genoaces without Dots" incident as plothole XD...I don't wanna do that since I still want to give this show a chance, maybe Genoaces will have a new rifle next episode

But seriously i will be so pissed off if I were that pilot of the Genoace custom...there is a war out there and I am not being equipped with a up-to-date rifle that can be made in a matter of seconds...what gives!!

Ironically, so far it's not the gundam that is needed (aside from gathering info for the age-system), what they really need is everyone to have a better gun, but no, Flit wants to keep the new toy to himself only
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2011-11-07, 22:57   Link #113
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
It's a big difference...If you hated Turn A and never watched it because of the animation you prolly missed out on the depth of character development and plot and genre bending aspects that gives Turn A it's stand-alone flare...Many people (atleast where I've read) that were highly critical about AGE's character designs, were willing to look past that if the show incorporated something great in-terms of storytelling or plot or character development...While 5 episodes isn't the end all be all, I guarantee you after 5 episodes of Turn A you saw much more telltale signs than you are seeing here in-terms of creativity and depth...

You hear alot of stories about people who never watched Turn A because they hated the designs...You don't hear too many people say they watched all of Turn A from the start and just got through it eventhough they hated the character designs...

The people who are hating on the designs (like myself) want the aspects we are disappointed in to be cushioned by things we enjoy, whether that be philosophy, worldveiw, politics, focus on military tactics, hardcore death, or what have you...To make an argument stating that a Gundam show shouldn't have to have any of these things is to make a case against Gundam IMO...

Perhaps Gundam AGE can somehow pick up it's ability and give naysayers some elements that might make our surface criticisms easier to swallow, but episodes like this one and ep 4 appear so linear and base in it's storytelling it's gonna be difficult...Flit does enter the colony next week, so maybe there is an opportunity to atleast give some of us a worldveiw to consider, but devoid of that if all we have to fall back on is the animation, it's where we'll fall upon...
This is actually fairly well expressed criticism and POV.

If it's a world view you're looking for the next episode looks like it might be heading in that direction with what looks like a colony ghetto and some possible class warfare type stuff emerging.

Me, I like to give shows time, at least half the run before I really come down on them for lacking in character and story if necessary. We're still not done even introducing all the factions and characters yet and usually something like that takes about half a shows run as do things like setting up a particular tone and themes. Still way to early to be sure about that sort of thing. Actually I've always argued that the only proper way to watch a Gundam series is to marathon it, just because you manage to cut out all the waiting week to week that way and can get to the meat of the story faster. Watching Gundam 00 Blu-Rays for....totally different experience from watching week to week while it was airing. I was amazed by how well it actually flowed and built it's story and characters up without having to wait a week between episodes.

Quote:
but then I will have to list the "Genoaces without Dots" incident as plothole XD...I don't wanna do that since I still want to give this show a chance, maybe Genoaces will have a new rifle next episode

But seriously i will be so pissed off if I were that pilot of the Genoace custom...there is a war out there and I am not being equipped with a up-to-date rifle that can be made in a matter of seconds...what gives!!

Ironically, so far it's not the gundam that is needed (aside from gathering info for the age-system), what they really need is everyone to have a better gun, but no, Flit wants to keep the new toy to himself only
That's kind of how it went in 00 wasn't it. Before the Earth powers got their hands on the GN-Drive technology there was just nothing they could really do other than try to slow the Gundams down. It's kind of turned on it's head here though and chalked up to a lazy unprepared Federation. Kind of reminds me of that gap between Char's Counterattack and Gundam F91 where the Federation just completely stopped upgrading their mobile suits and battleships and thus were still stuck using Jegan's and Clop class ships against the Crossbone Vanguard's modernized and scaled down mobile suits that they couldn't even hit.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 23:12   Link #114
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Sama
Me, I like to give shows time, at least half the run before I really come down on them for lacking in character and story if necessary.
Did you do that with Guilty Crown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post

As for this ep. of AGE, yeah, there's a lot of leaps of logic and plot holes. Like the aforementioned issue why AGE builder didn't make more Dods rifles for Genoaces, the too-easy nature of the Gundam jack, and some men who actually wearing black coats/robes and mask in the middle of a clean and sterile environment (If subtlety & stealth are the purpose of the clothes, wouldn't that will attract more attention considering the environment?).
Not even trying to rip AGE, but when I saw those guys in cloaks all I could think of was the Marik Arc on Yugioh where he possessed all those guys in the hoodies...They looked pretty dark magiciany...

Celestial Being agents and their androgynous outfits don't look as bad right now^^....
Old 2011-11-07, 23:13   Link #115
maknaedik

Quote:

Yes, its an anime and animation is a criteria for judging. Correct, yehey! But like what I've said, I'm criticizing those who've said "Don't judge Turn A Gundam just because of its animation" while they criticize Gundam Age's animation ALONE, ehem. Let alone your judgement on its animation be used to identify how its animation fared, but not the anime as a whole. Animation is just part of the anime, it comes with other elements y'know. If the animation suck and still you find the story the same, then you're cleared to criticize Gundam Age animation and story. Licensed approve

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 23:14   Link #116
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
That's kind of how it went in 00 wasn't it. Before the Earth powers got their hands on the GN-Drive technology there was just nothing they could really do other than try to slow the Gundams down. It's kind of turned on it's head here though and chalked up to a lazy unprepared Federation. Kind of reminds me of that gap between Char's Counterattack and Gundam F91 where the Federation just completely stopped upgrading their mobile suits and battleships and thus were still stuck using Jegan's and Clop class ships against the Crossbone Vanguard's modernized and scaled down mobile suits that they couldn't even hit.
I am afraid that is completely different...in here, all Flit has to is to press a button, and Genoace will get its new toy after about 30 secs (let's say XD). This is a lot easier than 00 where ppl has to face a technology that is out of their reach..

I still hope Genoace will get a better gun...otherwise this is getting ridiculous...Gundam can enjoy the one-shot-kill while Genoace's gun can't even hurt the UE one bit...and we all know from last episode that Genoace can use the new rifle as well
Old 2011-11-07, 23:40   Link #117
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Not even trying to rip AGE, but when I saw those guys in cloaks all I could think of was the Marik Arc on Yugioh where he possessed all those guys in the hoodies...They looked pretty dark magiciany...

Celestial Being agents and their androgynous outfits don't look as bad right now^^....
Agreed. Hooded black robes in urban setting looks ridiculous at best. They can get away with it in medieval & Arabian/desert settings, NOT modern, let alone futuristic setting of AGE.

Btw, Dark Magician (Black Magician in the original ver.) doesn't wear hooded black robes as you can see on my sig.
Old 2011-11-08, 00:44   Link #118
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik
Yes, its an anime and animation is a criteria for judging. Correct, yehey! But like what I've said, I'm criticizing those who've said while they criticize Gundam Age's animation ALONE
How can you be sure though? Before my rebuttal you'd probably think I was one of those guys based on a random post...I doubt seriously someone is saying straight-up, "Don't judge Turn A Gundam just because of its animation" and out of the same side of their mouth dissing AGE as you say...Gotta be more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Agreed. Hooded black robes in urban setting looks ridiculous at best. They can get away with it in medieval & Arabian/desert settings, NOT modern, let alone futuristic setting of AGE.

Btw, Dark Magician (Black Magician in the original ver.) doesn't wear hooded black robes as you can see on my sig.
Don't test my Yugi (or Yugi abridged) knowledge, I'm gonna embarrass myself if you do...I know who everyone in your siggy is and your username...Aslong as you hated the Oracalkos arc we're cool^^...Dark Bakura is easily more menacing than anyone in this show...Actually he's a stellar villain for kid's show...Ready for an AGE villain to appear (personified)...
Old 2011-11-08, 01:02   Link #119
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Aslong as you hated the Oracalkos arc we're cool^^
We're absolutely cool, then.
Old 2011-11-08, 01:23   Link #120
maknaedik

Quote:
How can you be sure though? Before my rebuttal you'd probably think I was one of those guys based on a random post...I doubt seriously someone is saying straight-up, "Don't judge Turn A Gundam just because of its animation" and out of the same side of their mouth dissing AGE as you say...Gotta be more...

Probably, but not..

I saw some people who does that, it's not important if I saw them here or somewhere else. I had this ok face and said to myself, "go ahead, I hope you realize what you're saying", LOL!

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion