AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-14, 10:42   Link #21
golgo13

Wouldn't be surprised if the G-5 marines are also ex-prisoners. Possibly with a similar device around their neck that the tenryuubito use for their slaves.
Old 2012-03-14, 10:44   Link #22
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
can't wait till luffy punches smoker with haki
I doubt Oda will make a big deal out of that punch,they're in new world,Smoker knows where he is(and it seems like he's had haki experience already judging by his new scar).
Old 2012-03-14, 10:47   Link #23
Rainbowman

Impel Down prisoners in ice? Maybe one of them is the prisoner with the tunneling Devil Fruit.
Old 2012-03-14, 10:48   Link #24
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post

Also, calling it now: Those frozen bodies Nami and Chopper found? I'm willing to bet that they comprise of those ID prisoners that Blackbeard busted out during the war.
to make matter interesting. probably where law get 100 pirate heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgo13 View Post
Yep it looks that way. They have similar outfits. How in the heck did they end up on punk hazard?

One thought: did Law great the liquid/gas "Master" by chopping him/her up to pieces?
it either Law found them. cut their heart and put it on punk hazard or punk hazard is temporary "jail" for WG

i assuming law power is that he capable to control everything as long it in the room

make me wonder if any haki user can capable to stop his power

Quote:
Originally Posted by unameit View Post
Law power should render useless against smoker, a logia.. unless he got haki, law would have no chance..
i am pretty sure he have haki now

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
can't wait till luffy punches smoker with haki
and luffy punch will have little effect on him since he have haki too

not to mention he also have that sea stone sword

Old 2012-03-14, 10:48   Link #25
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by unameit View Post
Law power should render useless against smoker, a logia.. unless he got haki, law would have no chance..

Now that we're in the NW, haki should pretty much be the norm amongst the top fighters so it's almost guaranteed that Law should be capable of using it now, as well. Likewise, the same should also hold true of Smoker (remember that it was even said that ALL marine VAs were capable of using using haki, so why should old Smokey be the exception?).
Old 2012-03-14, 10:50   Link #26
cj1277

Man Law's power always interest me even though we haven't gotten an absolute definition on what it is that room thing does. However the theory that the gas/goo guy changed his shape into Law is now out since that room ability is definantly his. But i do agree with the fact that Law didnt look exactly informed when the SH bust through the door but mad that they freed those giant little kids. Love this arc surprisingly (considering that alot is going on at once) cant wait to see what that gas guy is up to and a mini fight btwn Smoker and Law.
Old 2012-03-14, 10:50   Link #27
james0246

Franky steps in to save the day. His Super pose is still great, and seeing the kids, Sanji and Chopper all jump in on the pose was great. Law was also fun....
Old 2012-03-14, 10:56   Link #28
Undertaker

This is getting interesting too. If seem that Law didn't realize that it was SW that are in the buildings.

I'm still wondering how Law in involve in this place. Right it seemed that he could be the man responsible for all the mystical creatures with his surgeon skill, but what happened to his other comrades like Bepo, Jean Bart, Shachi, and Penguin?
Old 2012-03-14, 12:15   Link #29
unameit

Quote:
Now that we're in the NW, haki should pretty much be the norm amongst the top fighters so it's almost guaranteed that Law should be capable of using it now, as well. Likewise, the same should also hold true of Smoker (remember that it was even said that ALL marine VAs were capable of using using haki, so why should old Smokey be the exception?).

come to think of it, it's irrelevant whether he got haki or not because that power of his devil fruit is all about body parts separation and moving objects??.. since smoker is logia, he can recover easily.. he won't end up like that samurai..
Old 2012-03-14, 12:16   Link #30
Valky
Radioactive

I miss Bepo..

Law's ability zone seems wider. Perhaps it's the true limit of his ability.

Btw, I wonder if it was Aokiji who froze those criminals.
Old 2012-03-14, 15:44   Link #31
Jouten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
I miss Bepo..

Law's ability zone seems wider. Perhaps it's the true limit of his ability.

Btw, I wonder if it was Aokiji who froze those criminals.
Wondering the same things (don't miss bepo though, never liked that bear)

Man I really wish to see what Smoker is capable of now. I really hope Oda doesn't let me down in my hopes that Smoker is a complete beast now, not that he wasn't already before the skip. (Especially with the majority of One Piece fans thinking that Luffy could wipe the floor with Smoker, just because he knows the basics of Haki).
Old 2012-03-14, 16:17   Link #32
noktown

I also hope that Smoker will no longer be presented as *tough* because of his DF,although I'm pretty sure the Logia thing will be put behind and Smoker won't disappoint.
Old 2012-03-14, 16:21   Link #33
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 660
That was an awesome chapter. The next one will be interesting. Law's actions always seem to betray his name. I wonder if Law healed those kids? This is the 3rd time he has helped the Straw Hats. Smoker Vs. Law should be interesting. If Law does not have haki I don't see anything he could do to hurt Smoker. The only way Law can keep Smoker occupied is attacking the marines and forcing Smoker to protect them. In the same respect Smoker can not destroy Law because he is a Shichibukai. The WG has an arrangement with Law. Also there is the other Straw Hat crew who still has to fight with the CC Boss. Everyone of those people frozen in the Ice Tunnel look like prisoners. Smoker pulling his weapon seems pretty useless unless that weapon is made out of smoke, or reinforced with haki, or both. Law can easily destroy the weapon in Smoker's hand.
Old 2012-03-14, 17:11   Link #34
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
I'm sure Law has haki.
Old 2012-03-14, 17:30   Link #35
Undertaker

agree, because if not, he dead meat.
Old 2012-03-14, 17:42   Link #36
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Couldn't it also just be the room-room fruit (from the English "room", that is)? I think it still fits under the DF name pattern of 2 syllables, after all.....
No, as in the English word "room" would require stretch mark in katakana, effectively being the third syllable.
And that has never been used in DF name patterns.
It has always consistently been two simple quick syllables.

Heya IS room. And it fits the pattern perfectly.
If heya or room is to be used, there's absolutely no need for Oda to choose room instead, and break its naming pattern.

Although I think ope-ope no mi is more likely.
Old 2012-03-14, 18:32   Link #37
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
I'm sure Law has haki.
It is possible, although many shichibukai have not demonstrated a haki ability in the past, so I would not be surprised if he does not possess it. Looks like he was not able to "tell" the strawhat crew were on the island.

It's interesting to note that most shichibukai (all?) before the time skip where mostly active in the grand line and not the new world.
Old 2012-03-14, 18:40   Link #38
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

^
You took the words right out of my mouth. I was about the mention that same thing. Two Law did not catch the commotion behind him until they were in ear and eye distance and the marines started pointing things out behind him. The Straw hats were literally behind him and he didn't detect the presence. If Law does have haki he does not have mantra.

communication
I know it is a little late but I just realized the victims on the den den Mushi was a CC group member being cut down by the Samurai guy. Because in the last chapter the Big boss of the CC group mentioned about the samurai guy when the spotted Zoro and the crew crossing the water on the boat.
Old 2012-03-14, 18:55   Link #39
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgo13 View Post
It is possible, although many shichibukai have not demonstrated a haki ability in the past, so I would not be surprised if he does not possess it. Looks like he was not able to "tell" the strawhat crew were on the island.

It's interesting to note that most shichibukai (all?) before the time skip where mostly active in the grand line and not the new world.

I don't know about that, the only ones to be sure operating in front half are Moria and Croc. Moria because of the Thriller Bark and Croc, who himself mentioned before time skip that it's had been a while.

Other than that there is no hints to suggest either way. I mean Mihawk was shown in that meeting with Shanks who is in NW and we know at least Hancock has Haki and Mihawk is a good bet since Vista was shown be able to use.

But Shikibukai's job is to offer loots to WG. So instead of looting Yonkou in NW, first half of GL is definitely an easier place to make their money.

Haki is special, but not that special, I mean technically all VA and above knows Haki yet no one noticed Luffy's group in Summit War until until they are raining un top of them and same thing with BB when they showed up.

You have to have really master CoO to actually sense things that far unless you are special like Aisha or Otohime who are just gifted with that ability. It's not usually not an automatic thing considering that both Enel and Boa sister needs to concentrate to use it.
Old 2012-03-14, 19:17   Link #40
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
All the inhabitants of Amazon Lily had the ability to imbue weapons with haki, it is really not that special of a power, just allows you to stand a chance against logia.

Besides just because the old Shichibukai hadn't shown the ability to use haki doesn't mean that they aren't able to. There was no need for them to use haki against Luffy's crew now was there?

We know Hancock and Mihawk can, both Jimbei and Doflamingo most likely could. I'm guessing Law is one of the more powerful members of the Shichibukai considering his former bounty and his status as a former Supernova and fan favourite.

Moreover he would not have started a fight against Smoker if he did not have Haki.. hes not an idiot.