Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-11-10, 06:34   Link #221
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

On the subject of the Typhoon...

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

The TSF's design is growing on me real quick! Including the Shiranui:

Images

Currently well on my way on collecting these Revoltech TSFs =)) Though they can be a pain to assemble...
Old 2012-11-11, 05:38   Link #222
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
On the subject of the Typhoon...

Images

The TSF's design is growing on me real quick! Including the Shiranui:

Images

Currently well on my way on collecting these Revoltech TSFs =)) Though they can be a pain to assemble...
Damn. The Shiranui. Valkyries. I want one now.

柚香マイワイフ!<3
issuzark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 23:27   Link #223
nexcal

My Type-00s finally arrived today. 3 more to go!

nexcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 00:42   Link #224
Dragonkid11
A random-man

My jealousy meter just blow through the top of the world
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 03:23   Link #225
calubin_175

I have a couple of questions regarding Muv-luv Revoltechs:

Are they mainly made of PVC or ABS as per usual?
If they're not painted, are they at least gloss coated? Which ones are actually fully painted?
Do the non-revoltech jointed knees get loose easily?
calubin_175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 04:06   Link #226
nexcal

Quote:
Originally Posted by calubin_175 View Post
I have a couple of questions regarding Muv-luv Revoltechs:

Are they mainly made of PVC or ABS as per usual?
If they're not painted, are they at least gloss coated? Which ones are actually fully painted?
Do the non-revoltech jointed knees get loose easily?
To be honest, I don't know the difference between PVC and ABS but most sites do list them as having both which I'm not too sure of. They are painted but definitely not gloss coated, except for the WF2012-exclusive Type-00A. The knees and joints seem pretty sturdy but I don't really play with them so I don't know how long they last. The good news is Kaiyodo sells spare parts so if your joints get loose you can get them replaced.
Old 2012-11-12, 05:17   Link #227
calubin_175

Wow, I've been so dumb. I've always thought that they were just molded in color so that's why I passed up on them.

The white version is said to have a pearl finished paint application.

I am still deciding between whether to follow Revoltech or Kotobukiya non scale. The latter does feel more complete as it does have full set of weapons and extendable weapon racks. The Takemikazuchi could also be repainted into the other colors without the need to look out for exclusives even though they exist. Though, Tsukiyomi's one does include the sniper rifle.
Old 2012-11-12, 06:00   Link #228
nexcal

Quote:
Wow, I've been so dumb. I've always thought that they were just molded in color so that's why I passed up on them.

The white version is said to have a pearl finished paint application.

I am still deciding between whether to follow Revoltech or Kotobukiya non scale. The latter does feel more complete as it does have full set of weapons and extendable weapon racks. The Takemikazuchi could also be repainted into the other colors without the need to look out for exclusives even though they exist. Though, Tsukiyomi's one does include the sniper rifle.
The problem with Revoltechs are the size while Kotobukiya has very limited models/variants. I have both of them but I kinda prefer the A3 Volks line coz they're not too small and there are around 50 models out so far.

As for the finishing, I'd suggest looking at pictures of Revoltechs online. Some of mine have smudges or colours spread out on adjacent areas. I didn't know the Kotobukiya 00F Mana custom came with a sniper rifle. I haven't opened mine yet.
Old 2012-11-12, 06:13   Link #229
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Wait,sniper rifle?

I never heard of TSF sized sniper rifle in canon before...
Old 2012-11-12, 06:24   Link #230
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Squad Support Gun to be exact. But yeah, it's technically a sniper rifle and only the Typhoon has it so far (both variants that is)
Old 2012-11-12, 06:55   Link #231
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Oh,the squad support gun,it's more like a battle rifle(or battle cannon to be precise)
Old 2012-11-12, 09:54   Link #232
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Actually Mana's one comes with the sniper varient of the SMG. The SSG is a wholly different beast.

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 15:31   Link #233
calubin_175

There is a subtle difference in the head sensor area between the Type 00R and Type 00F, but it won't be reflected in the Revoltechs.

Revoltechs seem to be dead at the moment after the Raptor, maybe their license expired or could not be renewed since Kotobukiya is at full swing at the moment and opt for exclusivity. Revoltechs do have poor finish quality though but it is a low budget economy line compared to Kotobukiya and A3.

Collecting and investigating about TSF's is almost the same for Mortar Headds of Five Star Stories. Both line of mechs have been extremely exclusive in terms of merchandising. Unlike Gundam or other anime exposed mecha characters, TSFs and MHs are very aesthetics focused, rather than on gimmicks or function. With Gundams(MS), people tend to decide on which character they like based on whoever has the spam cannon or insane speed. Whereas, since TSFs and MHs have homogenous weapons in their respective contexts(sword and shield; guns and sword), mecha enthusiasts like us would care more about the beauty of the mech and its background affiliation. It is more like looking at cars and planes as their function gimmicks don't really change.

Indeed, what an expensive hobby of the premium sub-mecha genre. i am sure these designs won't die for another decade.

I think I'll go with Revoltech and then just buy one Kotobukiya non scale for display. Kind of like how I have three Revo ZOE Jehuty's and one Kotobukiya one.
Old 2012-11-12, 20:27   Link #234
nexcal

Quote:
There is a subtle difference in the head sensor area between the Type 00R and Type 00F, but it won't be reflected in the Revoltechs.

Revoltechs seem to be dead at the moment after the Raptor, maybe their license expired or could not be renewed since Kotobukiya is at full swing at the moment and opt for exclusivity. Revoltechs do have poor finish quality though but it is a low budget economy line compared to Kotobukiya and A3.

Collecting and investigating about TSF's is almost the same for Mortar Headds of Five Star Stories. Both line of mechs have been extremely exclusive in terms of merchandising. Unlike Gundam or other anime exposed mecha characters, TSFs and MHs are very aesthetics focused, rather than on gimmicks or function. With Gundams(MS), people tend to decide on which character they like based on whoever has the spam cannon or insane speed. Whereas, since TSFs and MHs have homogenous weapons in their respective contexts(sword and shield; guns and sword), mecha enthusiasts like us would care more about the beauty of the mech and its background affiliation. It is more like looking at cars and planes as their function gimmicks don't really change.

Indeed, what an expensive hobby of the premium sub-mecha genre. i am sure these designs won't die for another decade.

I think I'll go with Revoltech and then just buy one Kotobukiya non scale for display. Kind of like how I have three Revo ZOE Jehuty's and one Kotobukiya one.
The last Revoltech they released was the Wonderfest 2012 exclusive Type-00A back in August. I suggest taking a look at this page for the full lineup coz Kaiyodo's website only has those that were mass produced for retail sales.

http://www.hobbystock.co.jp/muvluv/lineup/
Old 2012-11-12, 21:38   Link #235
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

... this thread is good for developing copious amounts of Jelly.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 01:12   Link #236
nexcal

If only I had the courage to open these.

Old 2012-11-13, 03:18   Link #237
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
As a F-22A TSF fanatic ,words cannot express the jelly.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 03:41   Link #238
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Remember to find a large enough glass cabinet to put those figures

Or else,you are going to spend a lot of time on cleaning the dust
Old 2012-11-13, 07:49   Link #239
nexcal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonkid11 View Post
Remember to find a large enough glass cabinet to put those figures

Or else,you are going to spend a lot of time on cleaning the dust
Not gonna open any of them coz I don't have any space in my cabinet and I'm planning to sell them off.
Old 2012-11-13, 17:53   Link #240
calubin_175

Question for folks who own any of the Kotobukiya kits. Which series is better, the Non-scale Takemis or the Shiranuis? The latter has ABS joints while the former has a few POM ones and are overall slightly taller in height and larger in volume.