AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

View Poll Results: Boku wa Tomodachi... - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 21 27.63%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 27.63%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 23.68%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 19.74%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.32%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-12, 03:33   Link #101
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
@CrowKenobi/Haak: I did not perceive the post as rude or anything? Don't really understand why it got deleted? Anyway, I might have gone a little bit overboard myself when speculating, but nonetheless I do not really change my mind about the yuri/BSDM background building-up... and despite being doubtful myself that it would lead to anything (either in the anime or the novel, considering the audience), I can not ignore all the subtle clues presented
Old 2011-12-12, 07:13   Link #102
mironicus

Yozora takes all the opportunities she can get to tease others, so if you turn your back to her it's like an open invitation. And she finds pleasure in it.

You can't expect that the male protagonists chooses her in any way if she does not change.
Old 2011-12-12, 09:57   Link #103
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Why not? She never bothered him or his sister and he clearly doesn't have a problem with what she do- Are you sure you're not substituting him for yourself ?
Old 2011-12-12, 10:31   Link #104
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mironicus View Post
Yozora takes all the opportunities she can get to tease others, so if you turn your back to her it's like an open invitation. And she finds pleasure in it.

You can't expect that the male protagonists chooses her in any way if she does not change.
I wouldn't say she takes takes every opportunity that it thrown at her to tease the others. In fact, it's really only Sena and partly Maria that she teases. For Sena, it's simply because she is jealous of her because of her body and getting close to Kodaka. And for Maria, she's pretty stubborn when it comes to dealing with her, so Yozora needs to tease her at times so that Maria, who is the club advisor, allows them to use the room and similar things.

She doesn't tease Kodaka about being blonde. She doesn't tease Kobato for mimicking an anime character and dressing like one, she doesn't tease Rika for having a strange metal...robotic...fetish, she doesn't tease Yukimura for thinking that she's a boy.

Kodaka hasn't shown any signs of hating Yozora. He's never confronted her about messing around with Sena so he has no reason not to choose her yet, because he doesn't see her character as that much of a problem.
Old 2011-12-12, 10:46   Link #105
mironicus

Quote:
Kodaka hasn't shown any signs of hating Yozora. He's never confronted her about messing around with Sena so he has no reason not to choose her yet, because he doesn't see her character as that much of a problem.
So you think the way Yozora treats others does have no impact on Kodaka's standpoint about her? As long as Yozora does not hurt him or his sister, everything is fine?
Old 2011-12-12, 10:56   Link #106
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Quote:
So you think the way Yozora treats others does have no impact on Kodaka's standpoint about her? As long as Yozora does not hurt him or his sister, everything is fine?
Did I say it never had an impact on him?

I said he has showed no signs of hating her, but obviously, we can't go deep into the mind of an anime character unless the anime itself lets us.

Obviously in the episode when Yozora messes with Sena's new phone, he gives her a concerning look before helping Sena. But he hasn't confronted her about it. That means he's willing to give her chances, and that he hasn't been bothered too much by the things she's done to Sena so far, hence the reason to why he still hangs around with her, talks to her in a friendly manner, goes out with her.
Old 2011-12-12, 10:58   Link #107
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I don't think he gave her a concerned look. I just think he glanced at Yozora to make the connection that it was her.
Old 2011-12-12, 11:35   Link #108
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Considering that Yozora's treatment of Sena is clearly meant for comedy, Kodaka mostly sees it as something natural (he even said to Yozora that she knew what buttons to bush on Sena a few episodes ago like it was no big deal). Now, I really hate it when the Japanese try to push abuse as comedy and it fails (Nisekoi), but unlike most other comedies, Yozora always suffers for her actions in some form, so it's usually fine by me.

Also, regarding this episode, while we never saw it, Sena has also been doing the foot thing with the boys she hung out with. She's not exactly the hapless victim a lot of people seem to think she is, but because it usually happens offscreen, I think a lot of people forget this. Plus, she always suffers for her actions, especially her haughtiness.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2011-12-12, 14:24   Link #109
TJR

Quote:
So you think the way Yozora treats others does have no impact on Kodaka's standpoint about her?
It's merely a running gag (much like slapstick). Real-life logic doesn't apply here.
Old 2011-12-12, 16:51   Link #110
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Well can you prove otherwise? I've got 10 episodes of this show and I can count the number of time Kodaka step in to stop a tease, albeit lazily.

In fact, I could point out that Sena's harassment of his sister, and Rika's sexual harassment of himself having a greater negative effect than whatever Yozora does
Old 2011-12-12, 18:06   Link #111
mironicus

Oh, I just take this to seriously, it seems.

I have never been so captivated by a show like this in years.
Old 2011-12-12, 22:06   Link #112
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Overall, this episode was really fun! Rika's "Excalibur" scene was hilarious. Kodaka having to accompany everyone to the toilet was also fun and once again Rika stole the spotlight for me.
Old 2011-12-12, 22:35   Link #113
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I like how Kodaka played it cool when Sena lost her top. He actually seen a handful from the last episode and still manage to keep cool. Such a gentleman indeed.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2011-12-13, 00:55   Link #114
Rethice
Kingslayer

Send a message via AIM to Rethice Send a message via MSN to Rethice
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
It's merely a running gag (much like slapstick). Real-life logic doesn't apply here.
Disagree.

Use similar situation, Haruhi x Mikuru. That just started as a running gag, but Kyon did end up getting involved.

Kyon is also quite similar to Kodaka.

In fact, their whole chemistry is quite similar - with of course some slight differences. Their inner feelings, how much attention and importance they are portrayed with and some differences in level of extremety of character. Sena is quite a bit more arrogant where Mikuru was just not that bright, but that doesn't change the chemistry between the three of them.

Comparing that example, where Kyon does end up finally standing up for Mikuru, I would expect the same of Kodaka. Unfortunately, he lacks the balls of Kyon and would rather ensure the harem end by not getting between them.
Old 2011-12-13, 01:38   Link #115
VVolf
夜空派

I can't see Kodaka standing up for Sena against Yozora's teasing, at least not in the way Kyon reacted.

With Kyon, he has always been annoyed/mad with Haruhi's treatment against Mikuru. With Kodaka though, Yozora's teasing doesn't really bother him. The most he did was lazily say, "...That was a bit too much, eh?" afterwards, and that was mostly simply for "tsukomi" 's sake. He has never blow up in Yozora's face about it and quite frankly, probably never will.

It's not because he doesn't have this chivalrous mindset to stand up for others (as seen in the swimming pool episode with Sena), it's simply because he really doesn't think Yozora's teasing is that bad to begin with.

To me, Kodaka is only similar to Kyon in their role in the story, but their personalities/attitude are really different. Kodaka's more like a Kyon wannabe.

"Then, I'll treat you as more important than a hundred people. Even if there were a hundred...no, a million or a trillion people, even if it means standing against the entire world, I'll still be your friend no matter what." Taka (Kodaka) to Sora (Yozora), "Past", vol 1.
Old 2011-12-13, 02:23   Link #116
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
One the many differences between Kodaka and Kyon is that the later never liked or even appreciated Haruhi to begin with, on the other hand the former does both, if not more.
Old 2011-12-13, 04:12   Link #117
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
One the many differences between Kodaka and Kyon is that the later never liked or even appreciated Haruhi to begin with, on the other hand the former does both, if not more.
Are you sure....?

If one thing that we got from the Movie or even S2, it is: Kyon do like and appreciate Haruhi very much. On another hand i don't think Kodaka ever appreciate Sena's actions (may have to remind me on this)
Old 2011-12-13, 05:09   Link #118
VVolf
夜空派

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
On another hand i don't think Kodaka ever appreciate Sena's actions (may have to remind me on this)
I think he meant Yozora, of which Kodaka had thanked her for the wonderful time he had had with the club (end of volume 2, or episode 6 of the anime).

"Then, I'll treat you as more important than a hundred people. Even if there were a hundred...no, a million or a trillion people, even if it means standing against the entire world, I'll still be your friend no matter what." Taka (Kodaka) to Sora (Yozora), "Past", vol 1.
Old 2011-12-13, 05:57   Link #119
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rethice View Post
Comparing that example, where Kyon does end up finally standing up for Mikuru, I would expect the same of Kodaka. Unfortunately, he lacks the balls of Kyon and would rather ensure the harem end by not getting between them.
You mean like how he lack the balls to berate Sena for doing something stupid in the first swimming pool episode?

Just give it up already, the truth is Kodaka isn't concerned at all.
Old 2011-12-13, 14:54   Link #120
Vena
Carpe Diem

He doesn't have to do anything with Yozora, whereas Sena was going to get herself in serious trouble with people who are not her friends. He was right when he told Sena that he wouldn't be able to protect her always, can you imagine what would have happened to her if she'd not been scolded and did that alone somewhere? For Yozora, her actions are internal within the club (and with people who are not going to beat the crap out of her) and they teach the lesson themselves because every time she does something like that, she gets hit by karma in spades.