AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-18, 10:34   Link #281
Inuhami

Hi, there no possibility of the epilogue?
Old 2013-08-18, 10:37   Link #282
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuhami View Post
What do you mean by that?
Old 2013-08-18, 10:39   Link #283
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
What more epilogue? You want a 12.5 or what
Old 2013-08-18, 10:55   Link #284
Inuhami

Sorry, I use a translator. I mean: Is there going to be a sequel to the light novel or anime, or even an epilogue to see if in the future Kyosuke returns with Kirino, or if he goes with other women ... And to see the reaction of Ayase ^ ^
Old 2013-08-18, 10:57   Link #285
Wilshere

Quote:
Sorry, I use a translator. I mean: Is there going to be a sequel to the light novel or anime, or even an epilogue to see if in the future Kyosuke returns with Kirino, or if he goes with other women ... And to see the reaction of Ayase ^ ^
Not really, the LN ends there since the author couldn't elaborate on the ending the way he wanted. All routes been cut down so I don't see the point.
Old 2013-08-18, 11:01   Link #286
Inuhami

Hmm ? " the author couldn't elaborate on the ending the way he wanted", what do you mean ?
Old 2013-08-18, 11:06   Link #287
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Hmm ? " the author couldn't elaborate on the ending the way he wanted", what do you mean ?
Due to regulations of the publisher he couldn't make this into a full incest ending to make it simple. He stated that the current one was the most he could do under those regulations and still achieve a Kirino ending.
Old 2013-08-18, 11:12   Link #288
Inuhami

Ok... Thanks.
Old 2013-08-18, 14:09   Link #289
seangel92

I want the scene where Kyousuke buys another ring to kirino D:
Old 2013-08-18, 14:15   Link #290
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by seangel92 View Post
I want the scene where Kyousuke buys another ring to kirino D:
Yeah, I was sad this one was left out (and the hand-holding scene prior to their meet-up with Saori and Kuroneko). Especially since this is a meaningful scene for the interpretation of the ending.
Old 2013-08-18, 14:26   Link #291
Wilshere

I wish Volume 11 was animated as a whole to include Sakurai. Really, they needed to cut the game-center zone because she was not there, adding it would have made it clearer for us that there is no ambiguity is left for interpretation of whom he loves, like his monologue that he ''will come back and tell her about the love that he had no regret in rejecting her for''.
Old 2013-08-18, 16:58   Link #292
taichi-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Due to regulations of the publisher he couldn't make this into a full incest ending to make it simple. He stated that the current one was the most he could do under those regulations and still achieve a Kirino ending.
I guess the japanese don't know the meaning of fiction
Old 2013-08-18, 17:11   Link #293
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
Fiction or not, this is still a story deal with lots and lots of incest hint. Not really safe to go all out thought
Old 2013-08-18, 17:15   Link #294
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
Fiction is also regulated.
Old 2013-08-18, 21:02   Link #295
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

I wonder if the Bible is banned in Japan now, because dude, Lot's daughters. And technically Adam and Eve were siblings.

And the Arturian Mythos? For funk's sake, those Arthur and Morgan!

Are Ultimate Marvel Comics forbidden there too? Because Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch!
Old 2013-08-18, 21:03   Link #296
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Yaraon (maybe NSFW Ads) is carrying an interview today with comments from the original author about the anime ending, and he has two interesting complaints regarding Episode 16 in particular:

First, he says that personally he would have preferred for the final kiss to have been on the lips (although this is a matter of opinion).

Second, he says that he would have liked to have seen Kirino and Manami in their new hairstyles, as it was in the novels.

A little discussion followed where they various people at the roundtable talked about the kiss decision, and basically there were difference of opinion about how to do it given that it was after the point they had gone back to being "normal siblings", and they said there were basically pros and cons for both.

--

I actually can personally see the pros and cons myself. The pro of the lips is that it makes it even more clear what Kyousuke's intentions are. The con of the lips is that he can't very well argue that it's okay for siblings (particularly when they skipped the first half of the epilogue with the ring to tie to it). Sort of similar but in reverse for the cheek: the pro is that it should be okay for siblings even though Kirino doesn't take it that way, and the con is that it doesn't convey as powerful a message about Kyousuke's intention.

But it does answer the question that, according to the novel author, that kiss at the end is on the lips in his view of it.
Old 2013-08-18, 21:08   Link #297
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

If it's the original author's intention, I think it actually should count as the canonical interpretation, even if I dislike Kirino.

Edit: Doesn't this open declaration basically beat the purpose of the incest ban, though? Of course, no one should forbid him from speaking his mind in a free country, but this spotlights just how pointless the ban was in the first place.
Old 2013-08-18, 21:15   Link #298
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
Edit: Doesn't this open declaration basically beat the purpose of the incest ban, though? Of course, no one should forbid him from speaking his mind in a free country, but this spotlights just how pointless the ban was in the first place.
Well a kiss on the lips isn't illegal even for siblings, it's just highly unusual. But even then, it still would have been a "suggestive" ending because you don't know clearly what happens to them. A kiss on the lips just pushes the interpretation forward slightly compared to what was already there anyway.
Old 2013-08-18, 21:19   Link #299
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
I wonder if the Bible is banned in Japan now, because dude, Lot's daughters. And technically Adam and Eve were siblings.

And the Arturian Mythos? For funk's sake, those Arthur and Morgan!

Are Ultimate Marvel Comics forbidden there too? Because Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch!
Almost all mythology deal with incest, one way or another. Since most started with a very small number of god/goddess, it's the only way for them to increase their kin. Japanese, for example, had Izanagi and Izanami.
Old 2013-08-18, 21:37   Link #300
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Yaraon (maybe NSFW Ads) is carrying an interview today with comments from the original author about the anime ending, and he has two interesting complaints regarding Episode 16 in particular:

First, he says that personally he would have preferred for the final kiss to have been on the lips (although this is a matter of opinion).
Second, he says that he would have liked to have seen Kirino and Manami in their new hairstyles, as it was in the novels.
ambiguity! mmmm i don't think so anymore
Closed Thread