AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 104 69.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 22.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 6.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.67%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-05-10, 22:11   Link #61
Haigon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
...You still remember what it looks like ?!
That Gregorian chant was one of the most beautiful (at least for me) animations of the first season. That is hard for me to forget the building
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 22:12   Link #62
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Oh my God that was absolutely perfect. I am so sorry for doubting you JC staff I shall never do so again. 10/10

Accelerator was so perfect this episode. He's easily the best character in the series. Even when he's systematically murdering people I can't help but love him.

[mod edit: removed spoilers]

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-05-11 at 14:27.
Ilidsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 22:21   Link #63
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I haven't watched this, but I don't think I'd be ready, let alone write about one of the deaths with the biggest impact in the Index series.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 22:31   Link #64
Shadrala
Level 5 Railgun Stalker

Does anyone know what the new ending music was?

Shadrala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 23:22   Link #65
HandofFate

Even if deep down Accel knows murder is wrong, given his personality, he doesn't care.

Even afterwards, his personality was twisted as well. He's the same as the thug lv3 ability users that try to bully lower levels or level 0s. Only he's in the godly lv5 tier and had the backing of the shadows of the city.

Ending of episode 5 was great. Probably be rewatching the index portion once this is all over to see touma punch that punk in the face. At least 9982 got a last meal.

Wish Railgun would actually zap someone for real for once. Not the holding back on random thugs, but actually aiming for real. malformed monsters don't count. Just blow someone's head off! Guess that's Accel's job.
Old 2013-05-10, 23:32   Link #66
Raisingfalcon
Class minus 13

Beautiful, completely loved this episode! That ending was amazing, I acutally got goosebumps.

Seeing Accelerator be such a douchebag was awesome! I actually wanted kakine to come out of nowhere and put accelerator down for misaka xD
Old 2013-05-10, 23:39   Link #67
Sandinwater

This episode was pretty f*ucking good. But I mean I haven't read the novels(I'm reading through Volume 1 right now its as good if not better then what I have heard about it) but this isn't has dark and gory as everybody makes it out to be. I was expecting to see body's chopped up and flying everywhere. See hearts ripped out/skulls smashed and you could see everything lol I mean I have seen worse in real life then everything I have seen and heard about the Sisters Arc. I wish they could of made it as dark as everybody makes it out to be.
Sandinwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 23:41   Link #68
Tranhieu

Spoiler for Comparison to the manga:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-05-11 at 14:28.
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 23:47   Link #69
HandofFate

Imagine if Misaka got touma's dna map and did the same trick, and made an army of 20,000 toumas equipped with imagine breaker.

After killing the sisters, accel walks off.

Then terminator music starts playing.
And you see an army of 20,000 toumas walking towards him.
Old 2013-05-10, 23:49   Link #70
Sandinwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Imagine if Misaka got touma's dna map and did the same trick, and made an army of 20,000 toumas equipped with imagine breaker.

After killing the sisters, accel walks off.

Then terminator music starts playing.
And you see an army of 20,000 toumas walking towards him.
I am imagining and for Mikoto its a great world ha.
Sandinwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 00:17   Link #71
touge-n00b
ZC6 Eishi

I thought the censoring would massacre "that" scene in the end, but it was surprisingly brutal. I mean, you actually see Accelerator holding the limb, didn't except that. I think the way the scene was presented here was perfect given television censorship now days, illustrated perfectly just how brutal the world Mikoto is getting herself into.
touge-n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 01:02   Link #72
backbone
Banned

OK, so from now on, it's basically EXP-grinding time for Accelerator?

I just can't believe that he's the very same Accelerator who has done many heroic deeds in Light Novel
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 01:04   Link #73
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Well what can I say, I honestly love accelerator and not because he is a murder but because he pretty much got into the worse crap of the world and is now trying to change and make as much good as possible before he goes to hell :P

Also people are to hard *then again certain character from tale fo the abyss was almost that bad for me
Phibrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 01:51   Link #74
eiyuu99

Accelerator took the wrong one-way street, no thanks to the dark side of the academy.
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 02:02   Link #75
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It's a bit horrifying to just consider the previous experiments. I mean there's no way they could even just limit it to once a day. Or else to get to this point it would have taken over 20 years. Have to think on occasion they just drop him into a room like we saw before with dozens if not more of them and just has him do a mass slaughter.
Old 2013-05-11, 02:08   Link #76
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

We saw that room 9982 had to clean up in the previous episode. Full of MISAKA bodies, so I imagine what you're suggesting has happened.
Old 2013-05-11, 02:08   Link #77
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Oh boy.

Rejoice, for this is the end of fun and games for Toaru Kagaku no Railgun!

Dat orchestral ED. OMG.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 02:14   Link #78
SasamiJurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
It's a bit horrifying to just consider the previous experiments. I mean there's no way they could even just limit it to once a day. Or else to get to this point it would have taken over 20 years. Have to think on occasion they just drop him into a room like we saw before with dozens if not more of them and just has him do a mass slaughter.
My first post, but I've been lurking for years. Apologies for my sharp tongue.

My gripe with this is that they should just show the blood and realistic gore. Making this a clean experience is wrong. Show the lifeless eyes, moments of death etc. If people enjoy watching little girls die, and it is necessary for a convoluted plot (which I think is not necessary at all) people should "enjoy" the death aspects too. Sanitising it is wrong as it presents a false picture. Also show how the processing of the corpses is done. These clones are after all real little girls and the guy who came up with this storyline IMHO has some issues. Not showing them how they die whitewashes the whole thing. Killing should not be easy. Especially killing of little girls like these Biri Biri look alikes.

Maybe a series of official posters of dead little Biri Biri clones could be released by the producer. A PVC figure of a lifeless Misaka clone as well with Accelerator with his foot on her neck would sell too. They should popularise that as well. Sometimes some extremes are needed to draw a point as to what is and what's not sensible and moral.

If however NOT, and I would agree all of this is too evil for words (and I speak as a person who has seen a fair share of dead children as part of my work) if this is not justified to create a convoluted and pretentious storyline because someone got in their head this idea that this is the way to show a particular set of moral conflicts, then don't do it. Anyway my 5c.

Maybe the producer thinks this is semi-OK because these are clones. Not really real girls. Oh well.
SasamiJurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 02:36   Link #79
Hamster

My main gripe about Accelerator is that he has no reason to do the experiments in the first place. He never suffered because no one can hurt him and he has no reason to believe that anyone ever will. And yeah, I agree, his main reason was bloody retarded.
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 02:45   Link #80
MogMoogle1
Idol Power!

This episode felt like season 1 of Index for me, full of awesome and the animation was great. Makes me wanna watch that arc again.

Tags
clone abuse, despair