AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-12-11, 08:38   Link #21
tatsit

Didnt ZAFT use N-Jammers to avoid another accident of bloody valentine, as it can suppresses nuclear fission.. How come EA is still able to use Nuclear weapons?
tatsit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 08:43   Link #22
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Because ZAFT built Neutron Jammers Cancellers to enable nuclear powered suits in Freedom and Justice in the first series. And suitably the information on their design and how to build them fell into the hands of Azrael and the Earth Alliance.
pyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 08:43   Link #23
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatsit
Didnt ZAFT use N-Jammers to avoid another accident of bloody valentine, as it can suppresses nuclear fission.. How come EA is still able to use Nuclear weapons?
They have N-Jammer Cancellers. They were given to Azrael at the end of SEED by Flay remember?
Old 2004-12-11, 08:45   Link #24
tatsit

Oh.. I remember.. Now i see why theres nuclear missles..
tatsit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 08:57   Link #25
DwArD
mAnIaC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkswy
I think the fake Lacus looks very different from the real one,especially the shape of their bodies. But why didn't Athrun recognize she is different,or even the red and English-speaking Haro?I get confused.
This is a anime dude....ANYTHING, yes, ANYTHING is possible, as much as I hate to admit it.....
Old 2004-12-11, 08:59   Link #26
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Well, they were given to him by Creuset, Frey was just the delivery device.

Destiny has so far been way, way WAY above my expectations, except for Shinn - sister complexes are creepy. It's still the Athrun Zala Show though, so no complaints from me.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 09:00   Link #27
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
I personally think Athrun knows the fake Lacus was definitely not the real McCoy. He's probably too surprised to exclaim "You're a fake!" to her.

And the real Lacus must have done a good job in covering her tracks if everyone actually believes this Lacus is the real one. Yeah, the fake one is addressed as "Lacus-sama" by a lackey...

Shinn has a ... little sister complex? Eh? The dream he had was way too disturbing in some aspects...
pyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 09:01   Link #28
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Fake Lacus was an obvious fake, mannerisms, way she talked, the Haro. No way Atrhun didn't pick up on it being somebody else...Think he was just so confused his brain shut down...Judging by the previews looks like she's gonna sing a more "pop" song than Lacus too.

Looks like Shiho may have gotten her Gundam Seed treatment in this ep. Think she's sitting in the first row far left in the scene w/ Dearka and Yzak watching the Earth Pres's speech in front of the troops. SOooo hoped she would launch right after Yzak and Dearka but...Denied!!

Murrue made Andy's coffee? Blasphemy!

Windams looked cool but the missile launchers looked kinda crappy from the side view, looked alright just before they launched though.

Can anybody tell what that damaged vehicle is that they show while the Blue Cosmos guy is talking?
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 09:09   Link #29
MeggieMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkswy
I think the fake Lacus looks very different from the real one,especially the shape of their bodies. But why didn't Athrun recognize she is different,or even the red and English-speaking Haro?I get confused.
Until the dialog gets explained a bit more in English, I'm not if Athrun fell for the fake Lacus or if he was just to thrown off guard by her appearence. That said, I thought he did seem to realize that the red Haro isn't one he made but that could just be a mis-interpretation of what went on.

On another note, are Andy and Murrue living together or something? I sure hope that it is a "or something" (like maybe some of the original group are living in a shared house) because I'm not exactly thrilled at the idea of Andy and Murrue getting together with little or no explaination . Plus, they aren't quite acting like a couple IMO and I thought the house they seem to be watching TV at (second scene thye were in) was rather large for either one of them to be living in on their own (well who knows with Andy - he's eccentric enough maybe he would own a house that big ).

Oh and Sanjuronord, to the comment you made
Quote:
Murrue made Andy's coffee? Blasphemy!
Hehehe - I had a similar reaction! Then I thought "maybe he made the coffee and she just brought him some?" Actually the way she gave him the coffee is what made me think they weren't a couple - she actually acts more like Andy's First officer (if they were still on a ship) than anything romantic but maybe I'm in denial .
MeggieMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 09:14   Link #30
sparkswy
Ace Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
キャンベル = "Campbell"

So her name is probably "Mia Campbell". And yes she's played by Rie Tanaka as well, though if you look at the way her eyes are drawn, she just screams "Flay" at you...

BTW, Mayu Asuka is *finally* revealed to be played by Maya Sakamoto (so I guess that site I put up before was wrong).

And an Easter Egg has the character "King T@ked@" being played by executive producer Seiji Takeda I believe he's that EA guy with the bushy beard...
Mia=Missing In Action! The DESTINY for the fake one?
sparkswy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 09:15   Link #31
bohemian
坂本真綾さん最高

Quote:

BTW, Mayu Asuka is *finally* revealed to be played by Maya Sakamoto (so I guess that site I put up before was wrong).
I figured that out in episode one that Maaya played the role of Mayu, her voice is definitely different from Fumiko Orikasa as I can tell. ^^ Finally someone proved that I'm not wrong on that one.

Now my RAW just downloaded, I'll go ahead and watch the episode.
bohemian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 09:21   Link #32
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
キャンベル = "Campbell"

So her name is probably "Mia Campbell". And yes she's played by Rie Tanaka as well, though if you look at the way her eyes are drawn, she just screams "Flay" at you...
Actually the way she yelled Athrun reminded me of Fllay yelling for Kira...that's just creepy...
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 09:27   Link #33
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
except for Shinn - sister complexes are creepy.
Is his sister complex worse then Judeau's?
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 09:28   Link #34
DwArD
mAnIaC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjuronord
Actually the way she yelled Athrun reminded me of Fllay yelling for Kira...that's just creepy...
Seriously. Still remember Seed? Even Lacus is not that excited when Athrun visited her. The fake Lacus is waaaaay too Fllay. Look at her expression! I remember the first time Lacus looked excited in Seed was when Kira saved Eternal in Freedom! Thats just too creepy.....I'm still thinking how that kid managed to sleep with Lacus. Is Kira really sleeping with Lacus in the same room? They looked as if they're sleeping in a seperate room. I'll go rewatch the episode again....

If Shinn keeps on like that, he better go consult a doctor or something. He's too obsessed with his own sis. He should also think of his mom and dad instead of just his sister! But then again, that will just make him even more depressed.....
Old 2004-12-11, 09:36   Link #35
Celes
Wanderer and oddball

In regards to the Fake Lacus (what is her name again?)...

Spoiler:
Old 2004-12-11, 10:13   Link #36
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
The Neutron Stampede is not like a portable Genesis, although the results look similar. Genesis was an electro-magnetic cannon, while Neutron Stampede looks like a kind of a neutron activator.

As in, it stimulates an uncontrollable nuclear reacton, making all the nuclear missiles explode. If you look closely, it was not the ship that blew up, or the Windams... it were the missiles (obviously taking the Windams and EA ships with them). Also, when they were targeting the Neutron Stampede, the targeted a very wide area, which was contrary to how Genesis was targeted (a precise strike).

Also, Mia Campbell seems to be playing the role of the real Lacus. Gilbert is probably using her as a national symbol, seeing how she is a war hero and everything. Probably no conspiracy there. Athrun & Co are probably simply not aware if it, and the citizens of PLANT were never aware that real Lacus is in Orb.

So, I don't see any evil plot on part of Gilbert.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 10:37   Link #37
Celes
Wanderer and oddball

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
So, I don't see any evil plot on part of Gilbert.
Oh come on, Gil's narrow-eyed smug smirk just screams "I know something you don't and it'll bite you on the ass at the worst possible time." It's too condescending to be a... natural expression (pun non intended).

Don't know exactly *what* he's plotting, but I remain firmly convinced that Gilbert is no saint at all.

This applies to Fake Lacus, too. No Coordinator could possibly truly be that vapid.
Old 2004-12-11, 10:44   Link #38
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Gilbert's been smirking in almost every single episode he is in. In fact, the couple of the first episodes all end with Gilbert smirking evilly.

Oh, I do not doubt that he is plotting something, especially if you trust the wild 2chan rumours. However, I think that fake Lacus is not directly part of his plots. She is just there because she is popular and Gilbert uses her to keep the people of PLANT happy.

I admit, she could be on to something, but her whole "Hello, I'm a Flay-like nutjob" expression just doesn't screem "EEBIL PLOT". It more likely screams of "I am a psycho and I'll screw you over, my dear Athrun". 8)
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 11:13   Link #39
DwArD
mAnIaC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
Gilbert's been smirking in almost every single episode he is in. In fact, the couple of the first episodes all end with Gilbert smirking evilly.

Oh, I do not doubt that he is plotting something, especially if you trust the wild 2chan rumours. However, I think that fake Lacus is not directly part of his plots. She is just there because she is popular and Gilbert uses her to keep the people of PLANT happy.

I admit, she could be on to something, but her whole "Hello, I'm a Flay-like nutjob" expression just doesn't screem "EEBIL PLOT". It more likely screams of "I am a psycho and I'll screw you over, my dear Athrun". 8)
Thats what I was thinking too at first, but animes like this usually have something 'deeper'.
Old 2004-12-11, 11:18   Link #40
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwArD
Thats what I was thinking too at first, but animes like this usually have something 'deeper'.
Like Rau and his let's-kill-everyone-off attitude?

Dammit, and my computer has to screw up so much, now I won't be able to watch the raw until I come back. =( I want to hear this Fllay nutjob!

And the executive producer doing a cameo voice, I wonder if we'll ever hear the director?