AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-02-21, 03:04   Link #41
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
http://www.d-black.net/staff.html

YOKO KANNO CONFIRMED! AND THE WORLD REJOICES IN HARMONY!

*DANCES AROUND LIKE CRAZY POSSESSED RABID BABOON FROM SOME REMOTE PART OF AFRICA*

I love Japanese 4-letter phrases. So here's a suitable, fangirl-inspired one:

視聴決定

Knowing my luck with series, it'll probably end up being stupid halfway or really cliche or boring, but hey - give me Kanno and I'm more than satisfied. That's how brainless I am...

And MrP, you're looking at the wrong scan.

Anyway. Thanks to this news I'm decimated. Oh maaaaaan. Those 2ch folks sure as hell guessed right (or again, a staff member popped in...)
Old 2007-02-21, 03:37   Link #42
kujoe
from head to heel

What little I've seen so far has piqued my interest. It gave me a R.O.D vibe, just more stylish and less over the top. The fact that Yoko Kanno is involved just made the deal sweeter. And it's by BONES. Does it get any better than this? Well okay, it could still fail horribly, but I'll be watching out for this one that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Knowing my luck with series, it'll probably end up being stupid halfway or really cliche or boring, but hey - give me Kanno and I'm more than satisfied. That's how brainless I am...
Same here. At the very least, hopefully I can place this under my "guilty pleasures" category.
Old 2007-02-21, 09:21   Link #43
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

HAH! I knew it!

I mean, hearing the music of that short trailer, the instruments, that rhythm, that style. It had to be Yoko Kanno.

I am even more looking forward to this.
[fanboy]Heck I'll almost probably end up watching the whole show regardless of its plot or animation quality just to get to hear more of Yoko Kanno's wonderful soundtracks[/fanboy]

I've been loopin' Aquarion's OSTs so much these past weeks.
Old 2007-02-21, 13:55   Link #44
Mareel

Send a message via AIM to Mareel
I think the "C.C. Clone" bears a decent amount of resemblance to Anemone from E7. I can vaguely see how you might see CC in her, but the vibe the character gives me is totally different, and I think she gives off a more freakish disturbed vibe like Anemone.
Old 2007-02-22, 12:31   Link #45
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I just uploaded the new teaser!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llSFjvFunoY
Old 2007-02-22, 12:44   Link #46
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
I just uploaded the new teaser!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llSFjvFunoY
Cool, is that the one that aired after Code Geass 18?

BONES are really going for brooding and violent this Spring
Old 2007-02-22, 13:39   Link #47
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
It'd call it more of an "action adventure" series rather than brooding and suspenseful. At least, this latest trailer definitely looked like it belonged on an unban fantasy series, a la X.

BTW, am I the only one hearing Read Or Die in the music that Kanno wrote?
Old 2007-02-22, 16:08   Link #48
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
BTW, am I the only one hearing Read Or Die in the music that Kanno wrote?
That's what I thought after the first teaser. And it's got secret operatives of some sort in the spotlight as well.
Old 2007-02-22, 22:26   Link #49
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
View Post
http://www.d-black.net/staff.html

YOKO KANNO CONFIRMED! AND THE WORLD REJOICES IN HARMONY!
OH MY F*CKING GOD!

I think I just pissed my pants from the emotion >.<

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-03-01, 11:28   Link #50
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Bumping it up, website updated.

Airing date seems to be April 2007.

Old 2007-03-02, 07:28   Link #51
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

A new and rather superb 3mins PV is now online. Some more Kanno, more action and a better look at the animation/backgrounds (both being pretty impressive in the details). If anyone needed convincing DTB is a must-see this should probably do it.
Old 2007-03-02, 07:45   Link #52
wao
OK.

Uooaaahh!!!!

Man, I'm sorry I'm such an immature little fangirl, but that trailer definitely had me excited alright.

I haven't had this real, true sort of "wow I am really looking forward to see this" feeling in me for quite some time now, and...

Well, I could say that the trailer and ep 1 of Noein still had me more excited and stuff. But hey, it's not just Kanno's music - this proves like it could be bucketloads of fun after all; while I'm still not completely sold on all of the character designs at least they're putting in clear effort into the layout and animation (...is dat sum Yutaka Nakamura? YES PLEASE - actually, considering his history he's probably very likely to turn up in this show... which is, of course, awesome. )

And I guess I'll just be honest and straightforward about it - I fell for the main character :/ I know, I have this stupid soft spot for all them coldhearted guys with high collars (cough hack), but I think it must have been that shot with him in his normal clothes.
Nothing excites me more than the hardass coldfaced killing machine sort of guy who occasionally shows emotions and has a plainclothes life as well! Even if it's been done loads of times.
(This is why I need to get my ass off and watch Ghost Hunt one of these days.)

Definitely much more interested in this than I was in the beginning. And I guess I will be a fool and end up following this all the way through just because of Kanno, BONES and possibly because of Hei (and Kirihara seems interesting too) ... even if it turns out boring or sloppy or whatever. 8D

*goes to watch it again and act like a gibbon*

Well, I hope to be able to enjoy this anime normally.
Old 2007-03-02, 08:21   Link #53
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Oh, wow, the trailer looked really-really promising.

I LOL'd at the cat called "Cat" (mao), but the rest of it was pretty serious. The animation of the fight scenes reminded me of Cowboy Bebop movie (another BONES production), while the cars and other 3DCG were quite reminiscent of Ghost in the Shell SAC style.

I do not doubt that what we've see are the prime cuts and the rest of the series would hardly be able to stay so cinematic, yet I am heartened by the fact that the very best they can offer is so damn good.

It sets the right kind of high bar.
Old 2007-03-02, 10:57   Link #54
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Someone please, please upload the new PV on youtube, the freaking page tells me that I can't view it with my PC (and it won't tell me what the actual problem is)

Old 2007-03-02, 11:32   Link #55
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Here's the link to the stream and if that doesn't work try this (the .wmv source for the stream). Hope that helps
Old 2007-03-02, 12:21   Link #56
wao
OK.

You need to watch it using IE when accessing the webpage, or it won't work. And in WinXP.

But I guess Sonhex's links are helpful too... anyway, the page does tell you what's wrong, except you have to click to another page to view the "viewing requirements".

P.S. You can see a 500k/1MBps stream of it at anime nifty, follow the link on the trailer page to ttp://douga.nifty.com/cs/story/title/21450002/1.htm
Old 2007-03-02, 12:24   Link #57
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

I have FireFox. Had no problem watching it using WinAMP (I hate WMP for streamed video, but winamp works like a charm).
Old 2007-03-02, 13:01   Link #58
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

It didn't work for me in Firefox at all. Odd. So I had to use the dread IE to watch it. I would have Youtubed it, but it's a WMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
...Definitely much more interested in this than I was in the beginning. And I guess I will be a fool and end up following this all the way through just because of Kanno, BONES and possibly because of Hei (and Kirihara seems interesting too) ... even if it turns out boring or sloppy or whatever. 8D
I feel much the same way, although not about Hei but Kirihara (she's had more impact on me than Yin so far). P.S Go watch Ghost Hunt, it's great fun and you can join the Naru fanclub too

Incidently I quite like the way BONES are marketing DTB. They're showing these PVs after (or during) Code Geass and releasing them to a regular schedule to build up the expectation. They're targeting the intended audience straight off and clearly don't want to be vague about who it's aimed at. I guess they can't afford two Ayakashi's in a row (more for their reputation than money). Oh and I can also see Skull Man being over-shadowed by DTB, even though it's also got potential.
Old 2007-03-02, 13:01   Link #59
7Th
Mixtape

Now, that was some good editing. Japanese anime trailers are usually pretty boring and disgracefully expository, although that's understandable since most non-movie advertisements have actually little footage of the animation itself, but this was actually an example of how to create real interest in the plot of the show. Even if technically it hadn't been of that high quality, which it is although it was merely above average for some minor segments, I would still have been quite excited for this production on this video alone.
Old 2007-03-02, 15:44   Link #60
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

The trailer doesn't work for me. It give me an error: the protocol isn't supported :s
Closed Thread

Tags
action, supernatural