Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-28, 12:56   Link #421
Francismeunier
Banned

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I'm also with Guardian. I find his character very tolerable. I also think the story requires him to be in such display of his character to set up the dramatic new-look affect about him that sure to take place in the latter part of the series.
OP sequence pretty much gives away everything in regards to him where we see him bending a spoon without touching it. I think he is going to reach the god status pretty soon providing he stays away from Maya and from on-coming walls.
The only way I see Abe man upping is Mikaze or Maya being in grave danger in front of him and him suddenly getting his powers back in other words MIRACLE! That's it......I do hope Mikaze gives him a nice kiss and he's got his powers back with a upgrade......meaning he can bend in half the danger and kill it.
Quote:
Btw, she is my favorite right now.

Once I make GIFs of this episode you can save the one of her...I am sure you might want it of that part....maybe...I assume at most.
Quote:
Maya used to be the favorite, but boy does that girl needs some severe spanking. On another note, one of her punch cured that nasty bump Fumiaki had on his forehead which inspired the following theorem:

+ =
Well you can count on the punches being GIFs it's just I did not have much time since I am playing Lunar 2 on MEGACD and farming with making other series GIFs but it's more the fist punched back the skin into place....theory.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 13:38   Link #422
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Bump + Fist = No Bump

I think I'm onto something.
Are you trying to say that when he hit his head, he used psychokinesis to force the bump back into his head, like how when he fell down the stairs in ep 2 the brick automatically moved, and that Maya's constant beatings will eventually awaken Fumi's latent power? That's absurd !
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 14:02   Link #423
ueXia

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Are you trying to say that when he hit his head, he used psychokinesis to force the bump back into his head, like how when he fell down the stairs in ep 2 the brick automatically moved, and that Maya's constant beatings will eventually awaken Fumi's latent power? That's absurd !
What?! That's nonsense!! Who would ever something like that could be possible?
I mean ... PFFFTTT!!!
ueXia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 14:04   Link #424
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaboat View Post
I don't see how leaving someone to die is funny.
Perhaps you forgot this is a comedy...? Everything's funny. You want mindless bravado, go watch Bleach or Naruto...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
This comparison works, Shaggy has left behind the other members plenty of times. Speaking of Scooby-Doo, I thought the latest episode had Scooby-Doo vibes.
So...

Bunmei: Shaggy
Kozue: Velma
Maya: Daphne
Smile: Fred
JK: Scooby(?)

Maybe we need another gutless coward...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Then why did the male with the VP said he set the explosives like it was translated as....less the translation was bad.
Did no one else notice the person in dark slacks watching the explosion from outside the shrine entrance as they showed the various smoking blocked entrances? For the record, I'm pretty sure Mikaze was not wearing slacks...

Okay, scratch that... That was JK...
Old 2010-07-28, 14:58   Link #425
Blue Lagoon
Cocktail

Talking

My quick review on the story so far:

-I don't really like the two lead character, too much beating for Maya and for N°6, it's ok to be the pathetic hero but in his case, it's a bit too much.
Their relationship is kind of weird. Basically the guy is a young adult and he's getting abuse by a teenage girl?
By the way, how old is N°6?

For the secondary characters, on the contrary, they are quite good. The two guys are great, especially the goth guy with the "tonfas" and music, the VP make me laugh and Mikaze is definitly suspicious .

The story seems ok, i like supernatural plot and there is a lot of questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Loads of fun seeing everyone's knickers in a twist over Fumiaki (and the disagreement over what to call him). I guess I'm more tolerant of court jester types - he makes me laugh, and I forgive a lot for that....
And for the record, Maya was already abusing him before she had any reason to suspect he was either a coward or a liar. Can't blame her behavior on that - she's just mean and he was in the wrong place at the wrong time (as usual).
It's not really the fact that he isn't the strong and cool hero type that bugs me, we all knew he was the pathetic type, but more that he's a big liar and too much of a coward. The guy have no shame leaving people (2 girls) behind two times in a row, lying and taking credit for others achievements. Even for a humorous character, it's kind of hard to say that's ok, i understand his situation, he wasn't willing to be here in the first place.
Don't misunderstand me, i don't hate him and he still make me laugh, but if he happen to die in the next episode, i don't think at this point i will feel sorry for him ^^

It's the only time so far that i agreed with Maya reaction, disdain and pity was the best to show, much more impact than a simple beating.

But there is still a contradiction in his behavior, if he is such a coward, why in the first episode he appeared, he decided to check when he heard a broken window, with the possibility of being in danger?

for sick in a porshe :
Everyone can get sick when being in the passenger seat of a sport car with a pilot driving like crazy, so nothing abnormal here.

On a side note : Am i the only one who prefer him in his Hawaiian shirt, it gives the guy a better vibe with that , Maybe i can't stand his too short green trousers.

For Maya and her only dress, just ask Steve Job (apple CEO) what he thinks about it

my, my, long time since i used English, hope you will all understand what I'm trying to say

Last edited by Blue Lagoon; 2010-07-30 at 19:55.
Blue Lagoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 15:24   Link #426
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
It's not like Fukiami is trying to become the local hero through lying, he's just trying to impress Mikaze. It's a spurt of a moment thing, and one without malicious intents. His lies achieves nothing other than to satisfy what he believes to be Mikaze's perception of him, but it's pretty much given that she wouldn't care either way. It merely adds to the pathetic nature of Fumiaki's personality, as well as how spontaneous he is.

That said, I'm going to contradict myself and say that his second story about himself is also a lie. What kind of agency grabs a random bum from the streets? Fukiami will probably keep lying to fit around the circumstances.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 15:29   Link #427
chinaboat

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Perhaps you forgot this is a comedy...? Everything's funny. You want mindless bravado, go watch Bleach or Naruto...
Let's see, you have a character who treacherously lies to those who trust him, puts his companions in harms way then not only has no thought of their welfare plus denies any responsibility for their predicament, abandons people who are counting on him, who claims credit while defaming others - yeah, you're right, downright hilarious. - I must've missed those episodes where Shaggy acted that way.
chinaboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 15:39   Link #428
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvianWing View Post

That said, I'm going to contradict myself and say that his second story about himself is also a lie. What kind of agency grabs a random bum from the streets? Fukiami will probably keep lying to fit around the circumstances.

Maybe, just maybe, they knew about his exploits as a child celebrity spoon bender and subsequent downfall... who knows?

But it's also possible that since they have unlimited use of the teleporter and all the time in the world, they could throw whoever they could find into it, hoping that one of the bums could do it?
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 15:44   Link #429
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Fumiaki drove me crazy through that episode -- until he started lying to make himself look good, and became a comic character I didn't have to take seriously. The contradictions of levels of discourse -- from time-travel and threats to humanity to Scooby-Doo and outlandish comedy -- is frustrating but fascinating.

It's interesting to note that Mikaze's seiyuu, Chihara Minori, is billed third on the official site, after only the lead girl (Hikasa Youko) and guy (Mizushima Takahiro). So yes, she's important.

I also think the apparent bit characters are pretty important, because of the importance of the seiyuus who play them: J.K. is played by Koyasu Takehito and Smile by Takahashi Hiroki.

The show has a strong cast all around, with Takagaki Ayahi (Ami), Kobayashi Yuu (the vice-principal), and Yahagi Sayuri (young Bunmei-kun) there, as well.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 15:59   Link #430
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaboat View Post
Let's see, you have a character who treacherously lies to those who trust him, puts his companions in harms way then not only has no thought of their welfare plus denies any responsibility for their predicament, abandons people who are counting on him, who claims credit while defaming others - yeah, you're right, downright hilarious. - I must've missed those episodes where Shaggy acted that way.
Well...when you put it like that.. Yeah, it's still pretty damn funny. ^_^

I'd really like for the people who have problems with Bunmei-kun to enjoy the show, but you guys are seriously going to have to take the sticks out... Seriously...
Old 2010-07-29, 01:51   Link #431
chinaboat

I actually do see where you're coming from on this and can see your point, I think it's more that I find his character extremely irritating and, imo, doesn't fit with the other designs which I like. I assume he's being set up like a Don Diego/Zorro character, it's just that he's too over the top in that regard for my taste.

And speaking of comedy: a series with at least 280 episodes, all kinds of violent battles, people getting beaten to an inch of their life (only to show up the next week entirely healed), and where no one ever, not ever, dies - now that's funny.
chinaboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 16:43   Link #432
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Bunmei looks so pathetic right now. I wonder what kind of trauma did he get as a kid that made him like this.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 16:57   Link #433
Midonin
Last Engage

Being exploited on national(?) TV since he was a kid isn't a good place to start, coupled with the end of the world.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 17:10   Link #434
wingman32x

An okay episode I guess. Bunmei was annoying as hell, and Maya was annoying as hell, too. Bunmei for being a coward, and Maya for being a bigger bitch than the situation called for. Thankfully Mikaze, Smile, and JK made up for it and made the episode enjoyable for me.

That said, it was pretty funny to see Bunmei lying through his teeth at the end of the episode .
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 17:48   Link #435
JiGSaW
Boss Member

I watched all 4 eps and I tried to go through all the pages on this thread but can anyone explain how the brick moved by itself in episode 2 I think?
JiGSaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 17:51   Link #436
fukarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiGSaW View Post
I watched all 4 eps and I tried to go through all the pages on this thread but can anyone explain how the brick moved by itself in episode 2 I think?
My theory is that the conflict between Maya and the monster is close enough to the book that the book "activated", the brick moved is simply the effect of the book.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 18:18   Link #437
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
My theory is that the conflict between Maya and the monster is close enough to the book that the book "activated", the brick moved is simply the effect of the book.
I say its this if you ask me.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 20:08   Link #438
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Bunmei, you have disappointed me as well. However, your cool moments keep me interested.

And <3 Mikaze. If it weren't for her driving, I'd take a girl like that. Well, her assets may cause me to overlook her driving.
Old 2010-07-30, 22:32   Link #439
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
^ I'm sure WRC fanatics would love her though.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-01, 20:31   Link #440
OkamiNoKaze

Episode 4 was, interesting, Shaggy and Scooby prove to have a bigger back bone then Bunmei, maybe he needs a "Bunmei" snack. Best scene was Maya and Bunmei running between the caves behind JK and Smile, and Maya's (Three Meters!!!!) was icing on the cake. Mikaze continues to have fascinating driving skills. The place they were this episode, I think it's the same place that Chronos has it's base in the Guyver series,