AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2007-11-30, 05:40   Link #1581
Acseru

Send a message via MSN to Acseru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Into English? I really want to play, but my grasp of kanji is quite pathetic, and I don't feel like trying to play the game with a dictionary in hand the entire time...
Yeah, they're transling it into english. The anime was so good that I'm having high hopes for this one.
Acseru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-30, 12:00   Link #1582
Suuyin
iluvshotanfuta

first off, isn't it "Asu no Kimi to Au Tame ni", since the short form used on the game website is "Asukimi"? .__.
this is the guy (group?) responsible for the OP movie. though i have no idea whether there's any link between him and Shinkai. couldn't dig up much info on him/her...
the dude sure loves putting words all over his works though. if anything, i'd say the OP feels closer to that Yogurting video "Always", since that one has lots of funky colors too <.<

just installed ExE, probably gonna start on it during the weekends where there's no projects and assignments to disturb me.
by the way, has anyone played FlyingShine's "Kaiware" before? i'm kinda interested in that one for some reason (._.)
Suuyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-30, 15:53   Link #1583
Chewy

For those who can read Chinese, KeyFC has released their Tomoyo After Chinese patch. You can find it on their bbs.
Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-30, 16:52   Link #1584
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suuyin View Post
first off, isn't it "Asu no Kimi to Au Tame ni", since the short form used on the game website is "Asukimi"? .__.
Why do you think it's "asu" in the abbreviated title instead of "ashita"? Because "asu" is shorter than "ashita". It's the same word, two different pronounciations, afaik.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-30, 18:44   Link #1585
shadowplay
passive observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suuyin View Post
this is the guy (group?) responsible for the OP movie. though i have no idea whether there's any link between him and Shinkai. couldn't dig up much info on him/her...
the dude sure loves putting words all over his works though. if anything, i'd say the OP feels closer to that Yogurting video "Always", since that one has lots of funky colors too
I think you're wrong, they made that first trailer for the game (I thought it was OP at first when I posted youtube link weeks ago) that's probably done in After Effects, and not the new fully-animated Shinkai-like OP we're talking about atm.
shadowplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 01:07   Link #1586
Suuyin
iluvshotanfuta

oh wait it's the nudie anime OP, not the psychedelic one.

yeah now i feel stupid for not checking properly which OP was being discussed before making a reply. sorry about that guys

and i guess i just took the shorter reading "Asu" because the title didn't say "Ashita"
Suuyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 01:17   Link #1587
Oppius
Banned

Can anyone here suggest any eroge that have psuedo-incest(stepbrother + stepsister) here like Crescendo and Hitomi My Stepsister?

Don't get me wrong.I'm not pro-incest.I'm just into their relationships.
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 05:54   Link #1588
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

You asked?

Here you go:

D.C. Da Capo
Wind ~a breath of heart~
Canvas2 ~Akane iro no PALETTE~ (I can't remember the romanization for the jpn pronouciation of it)
Gift
Crescent Love (The original Japanese title is WAY TOO LONG for me to remember)

The first 3 either have an english patch released or such a patch is currently in development.

I could list more but it's currently 6AM where I am and I haven't had any sleep in 18 hours.
Old 2007-12-01, 06:43   Link #1589
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amex_Yohko View Post
Can anyone here suggest any eroge that have psuedo-incest(stepbrother + stepsister) here like Crescendo and Hitomi My Stepsister?

Don't get me wrong.I'm not pro-incest.I'm just into their relationships.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaR32 View Post
D.C. Da Capo
Wind ~a breath of heart~
Canvas2 ~Akane iro no PALETTE~ (I can't remember the romanization for the jpn pronouciation of it)
Gift
Crescent Love (The original Japanese title is WAY TOO LONG for me to remember)
Ah, Da Capo. The undyling love between Junichi and his "not related by blood-sister" Nemu. Quite an example.

Anyway, I'd be recommending Shuffle!'s Kaede path (yeah, that Kaede), even though the TL patch for it is still in the works (and is it still being worked on, atm?)...
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 07:22   Link #1590
luckyovermind
hungry~

I am surprised that no one has mentioned kana little sister yet
Old 2007-12-02, 02:07   Link #1591
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Got another one. The original Canvas. The main character and one of the heroines (Ren Sakurazuka) are stepsiblings.

Here something interesting. Go through that list I just posted. 3 of the games share something in common. Naru Nanao was a character designer for DC and Canvas2, while Mikage (scenario writer for CIRCUS) was the storywriter for DC and Gift.

Last edited by HashiriyaR32; 2007-12-02 at 03:13.
HashiriyaR32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 10:00   Link #1592
shadowplay
passive observer

Managed to finish Asuseka, and well... nice game but didn't have that much of emotional or any other impact on me after all, game's epilogue 'After' was surprisingly short but it did add bit more depth (or meaning) to the whole thing. Liked Aoba's route the best, especially when she was exposing her more feminine character.
Anyway now moving onto Asukimi...

Btw. lot of these new games are getting really high scores on EGS, I kinda want to play that new Liar Soft game too, really interesting art and plot.

shadowplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 13:18   Link #1593
Acseru

Send a message via MSN to Acseru
Man, I wish there would be a easy way to learn japanese, so I could play all the newest eroges when they come out.
Acseru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 14:11   Link #1594
User35785

Can somebody suggest me a PC/Windows eroge fun to play (comedy), with full voice acting (or not too much text to read) and not too long to finish?

So far I've played Shuffle, Fate/Stay Night and School Days (I didn't complete every possible path/ending, though). I've also tried Touka Gettan, but gave up quickly since I found it boring for my tastes.
I liked the anime version of FSN, but the game was way too long and with really too much to read. About the other two ones, I didn't like much the anime version (not at all in the case of SD) but I enjoyed the game versions much more, also because unlike FSN there was full voice acting.

I'm somewhat new to erogames and next time I would like to play something good before watching the anime version, if there is or there will be one.
User35785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 16:18   Link #1595
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Ummm... Why don't you try Bra-Ban? All the routes are pretty short, compared to other games, fully voiced (except for the male lead of course) and it also has lots of pretty fun moments.

I would not know what else recommend you. I started reading bishoujo games one years ago when I found out about FSN and the kind of games I like are all long ones with lots of text.
Old 2007-12-02, 22:50   Link #1596
Chewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay View Post
Managed to finish Asuseka, and well... nice game but didn't have that much of emotional or any other impact on me after all, game's epilogue 'After' was surprisingly short but it did add bit more depth (or meaning) to the whole thing. Liked Aoba's route the best, especially when she was exposing her more feminine character.
I finished Minami's route first and was a bit disappointed. I think I set my bar a bit too high for this game and had already formed an idea of what I wanted to see, so I was disappointed that the scenario wasn't written as I had expected. That's not to say there weren't great moments, but I guess I just expected something different. Both the music and artwork are amazing though.
Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 23:18   Link #1597
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Quote:
Originally Posted by User35785 View Post
Can somebody suggest me a PC/Windows eroge fun to play (comedy), with full voice acting (or not too much text to read) and not too long to finish?

So far I've played Shuffle, Fate/Stay Night and School Days (I didn't complete every possible path/ending, though). I've also tried Touka Gettan, but gave up quickly since I found it boring for my tastes.
I liked the anime version of FSN, but the game was way too long and with really too much to read. About the other two ones, I didn't like much the anime version (not at all in the case of SD) but I enjoyed the game versions much more, also because unlike FSN there was full voice acting.

I'm somewhat new to erogames and next time I would like to play something good before watching the anime version, if there is or there will be one.
Apparently, what you are looking for are AVG/ADV games, not Visual Novel games.

AVG games are those with dialogue text in boxes that cover the bottom part of the screen. Examples of AVG games are Shuffle!, Da Capo etc.

Visual Novels are the ones with text that cover the full screen, with the pictures faded in the background. FSN, To Heart games are examples of Visual Novels.

Anyway I digress. A game that I recommend is Happiness! I went to play it after watching a little of the anime fansubs that were out this year. It's comedic so you should like it.

Another game you might try is Kimihagu. I haven't played it yet but the character designs are nice and the story doesn't sound tragic (not tragic = comedic?)

I've stopped playing erogames for quite a while so I don't know what's currently nice and not.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-05-31 at 20:54. Reason: edited user name in quote
musashiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 23:59   Link #1598
luckyovermind
hungry~

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay View Post
Btw. lot of these new games are getting really high scores on EGS, I kinda want to play that new Liar Soft game too, really interesting art and plot.
Yes, interesting art, but I heard that the story was a bit boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
I finished Minami's route first and was a bit disappointed. I think I set my bar a bit too high for this game and had already formed an idea of what I wanted to see, so I was disappointed that the scenario wasn't written as I had expected. That's not to say there weren't great moments, but I guess I just expected something different. Both the music and artwork are amazing though.
Are you expecting something like Infinite Ryvius?
Old 2007-12-03, 01:15   Link #1599
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by musashiken View Post
Anyway I digress. A game that I recommend is Happiness! I went to play it after watching a little of the anime fansubs that were out this year. It's comedic so you should like it.
Actually, that and Windmill's latest (Tsunagaru Bangle) are what immediately came to mind for me as well. Very enjoyable light-hearted comedies which a touch of drama and conflict for good measure. They're both fully-voiced (minus the male protagonist, of course) and very full of life.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-03, 12:56   Link #1600
User35785

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnishida
Ummm... Why don't you try Bra-Ban? All the routes are pretty short, compared to other games, fully voiced (except for the male lead of course) and it also has lots of pretty fun moments.
The artwork is good and sounds interesting, maybe I will give it a try later.

Quote:
I would not know what else recommend you. I started reading bishoujo games one years ago when I found out about FSN and the kind of games I like are all long ones with lots of text.
I understand. My problem is that I'm not 100% proficient at Japanese (I frequently use a dictionary - EDICT with JWPce in my case) and for me reading all that text is rather hard and tiring (but in the long term I tend to learn much from this). Also, I don't have much free time and visual novels long like FSN are maybe too long for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musashiken View Post
Apparently, what you are looking for are AVG/ADV games, not Visual Novel games.
Maybe you're right. What does AVG/ADV stands for?

Quote:
AVG games are those with dialogue text in boxes that cover the bottom part of the screen. Examples of AVG games are Shuffle!, Da Capo etc.

Visual Novels are the ones with text that cover the full screen, with the pictures faded in the background. FSN, To Heart games are examples of Visual Novels.
I see, then I've played both genres.

Quote:
I've seen some episodes of the anime but I dropped it after a while. The game should be fun to play though.

Quote:
Another game you might try is Kimihagu. I haven't played it yet but the character designs are nice and the story doesn't sound tragic (not tragic = comedic?)
I'll give it a try. Anyway, what about writing the titles in kana/kanji or linking directly to the official site? I've had a hard time figuring out how some other titles are written in japanese.

This is the official site of きみはぐ : http://xoops.frontwing.jp/product/kimihagu/

Quote:
I've stopped playing erogames for quite a while so I don't know what's currently nice and not.
I see, thanks anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Actually, that and Windmill's latest (Tsunagaru Bangle) are what immediately came to mind for me as well. Very enjoyable light-hearted comedies which a touch of drama and conflict for good measure. They're both fully-voiced (minus the male protagonist, of course) and very full of life.
Good. If it's new and/or it hasn't yet an anime version it's a plus for me.
ツナガル★バングル : http://windmill.suki.jp/product/7th/7th_frame.html

Last edited by User35785; 2007-12-03 at 13:08.
User35785 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel