AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-08-27, 09:43   Link #1261
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
*scratches head* All I'm reading is that Blizzard is still working on the case, and is looking at a way to keep things working in case of large tournaments or no internet.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 10:05   Link #1262
Nosauz

pardo basically said "There's a lot of people out there I think that are just afraid that they're suddenly not going to be able to connect to the internet tonight and they won't be able to play. I actually think that case is extremely rare, and I think we're going to be okay." He's implying that if you don't have an internet connection you won't be able to play any multiplayer whatsoever. It's inference but if you want to play ladder and online games, you naturally have to be online, and if you want to take advantage of the "psuedo lan" you have to be online to, so it is a concern. His statement does nothing to address the fact that if I don't have internet I won't be able to play multiplayer problem which is what I'm pointing out.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 10:10   Link #1263
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

"There's a few legitimate cases that we're going to try and address over time. Location-based tournaments, or let's say I'm in a dorm with a firewall or something like that, hopefully there's a way to determine that and maybe start a peer-to-peer game."

Yes he did. He did address the no internet issue. And also that they're looking into it.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 10:55   Link #1264
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
"There's a few legitimate cases that we're going to try and address over time. Location-based tournaments, or let's say I'm in a dorm with a firewall or something like that, hopefully there's a way to determine that and maybe start a peer-to-peer game."

Yes he did. He did address the no internet issue. And also that they're looking into it.
But I don't think he is addressing the issue of those who save up to buy the games they want. During this part of the year, I estimated that I need at least $700 to get the games I want to play. And I am known pretty well back in my school days for my ability to pick good games from the bad.

I understand they are protecting their rice bowl, but I hope that Starcraft 2 doesn't suck as much as its ancestor before Brood Wars.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 11:00   Link #1265
Nosauz

No he didn't address the issue that is what I'm concerned about which is whether or not you can play multiplayer without internet, which he does not answer but pretends to answer.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 11:19   Link #1266
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

How do you all feel about Sarah Kerrigan is now voiced by Tricia Helfer aka Cylon Number 6 from Battlestar Galactica?

My Answer: Awesome!
Old 2009-08-27, 12:17   Link #1267
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
How do you all feel about Sarah Kerrigan is now voiced by Tricia Helfer aka Cylon Number 6 from Battlestar Galactica?

My Answer: Awesome!
I'm pretty satisfied with it. Definitely a lot more so than the surprise after hearing Rayor's new voice for the first time. That was more "holy crap what happened Jim?"

Anyways I'm really looking forward to this. Honestly am interested the most in how the story is going to unfold here. I don't mind the multiple installments since each one will have a longer story than a single races campaign would have in the original.
Old 2009-08-27, 12:56   Link #1268
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'm pretty satisfied with it. Definitely a lot more so than the surprise after hearing Rayor's new voice for the first time. That was more "holy crap what happened Jim?"
Didn't you hear? They brought back his old voice.

Actually, it was funny how even James Harper himself (who you can tell just by listening to his voice that he was Mengsk and only Mengsk) believed IMDB and thought he was Zeratul.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 15:37   Link #1269
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

A preview on the map editor

Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 17:38   Link #1270
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

"Map" Editor....right.
Old 2009-08-27, 18:01   Link #1271
Proto

Well, more on what the map editor can do, rather than the editor interface, if that was what you were expecting...
Old 2009-08-27, 21:35   Link #1272
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Didn't you hear? They brought back his old voice.

Actually, it was funny how even James Harper himself (who you can tell just by listening to his voice that he was Mengsk and only Mengsk) believed IMDB and thought he was Zeratul.
Seriously? Wow it's good to know I apparently know nothing . I guess the voice I heard before was a fill in or something. It's definitely a comfort to have a familiar voice back since he was perfect in the original.
Old 2009-08-27, 21:53   Link #1273
CookieNinja

http://www.gossipgamers.com/starcraf...layed-to-2010/
One more delay and I'm giving up hope. >w>
CookieNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-27, 21:56   Link #1274
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Blizzard and delays are like hotdogs and mustard. They go hand in hand.
Old 2009-08-27, 22:20   Link #1275
Proto

Indeed. I've been watinig for the game for mid-2012 since they said it would be out by 2009. After Starcraft, Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3 I would have believed that everyone was used to it by now.
Old 2009-08-27, 22:34   Link #1276
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I personally thought of Xmas '09 as the earliest date possible. Now, make that Xmas '10.
Old 2009-08-28, 09:31   Link #1277
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
I personally thought of Xmas '09 as the earliest date possible. Now, make that Xmas '10.
Think on the bright side. You can save up for the limited edition.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 16:05   Link #1278
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Too bad for the delay, but really with Blizzard it's expected. It will just be a repeat since the last time I checked up on Starcraft. Just forget about it for a few months and see if anything has happened. All I hope is that I'm playing it within a year. Of course who knows .
Old 2009-08-29, 08:59   Link #1279
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Think on the bright side. You can save up for the limited edition.
I'm almost certainly NOT getting that. I go for the budget "chests": Warcraft III Battlechest and Diablo 2 Battlechest.
Old 2009-08-30, 18:24   Link #1280
Tr3adst0ne
Rogue Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
I'm almost certainly NOT getting that. I go for the budget "chests": Warcraft III Battlechest and Diablo 2 Battlechest.
Unless it comes with something the chests do not. Of course it has to be something justifiable.
Tr3adst0ne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, starcraft, windows