AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-01-09, 09:12   Link #41
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
i still don't know why there's fujoshi watching this show...
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 13:32   Link #42
cohen

From what I am seeing of the rules today, this card game could be interesting.
Old 2011-01-09, 14:16   Link #43
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
Because Kai and Aichi are an obvious couple. Kai's actions in the ED only bolsters that coupling.
Old 2011-01-09, 14:31   Link #44
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
If there's at least two good looking guys in it, that's more than reason enough for them...
Old 2011-01-09, 16:23   Link #45
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Oh Kai what a big pack you got there. I'll show you my special card if you like. It's right there, on my silk bed. Come in and let's lock the door so nobody will see us.

Ok Aichi. I will shuffle your deck hard. I will open up your booster pack and customize your inner workings. Hopefully your trigger won't mess with my forceful entry into your field.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-09, 17:11   Link #46
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Just saw the first episode. I thought it was going to be a cheap Yugioh knockoff, but I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was quite interesting. Not just Yugioh, but I was strangely reminded of Beyblade. The rules sound interesting, it makes for a rather fast paced game. It's still the first ep, so I'm sure the rules and cards will evolve. However, I doubt it can really rival Yugioh, it's just too popular.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 21:02   Link #47
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Alright, done with the second one...

Spoiler for Episode 2:
Old 2011-01-14, 21:31   Link #48
cohen

I hate cards that save you even when you have lost. It is no wonder not a single Yugioh card that does this in the anime has made it to real life (still waiting on Morphtronic Light), it is a cheap thing. Drvie Triggers show off how much this game relies on luck.

So far, I'd take Eyeshield 21 from just the first two episodes, dubbed, over this.
Old 2011-01-14, 23:21   Link #49
bayoab

どれから突っ込めばいいよ?

I've going to take an even more negative view about the rest of the episode. Outside of the battle, the rest of it felt tacked on in an effort to fill up the full 24 minutes. It was just pointless filler, even for a kids show. They just show him sitting around.

The card game... what? That made so little sense. If you can knock cards off the field and do damage why didn't he? Okay, that's being unfair. It mostly made sense. The problem is they've shown little to nothing resembling strategy. Just luck and stuffing the deck with the strongest cards wins. The cards on the field didn't seem to matter beside the Vanguard. And yes, the cards are still a Yugioh ripoff design wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
As it stands now, it's too simple to catter to the audience who enjoy(ed) Yu-Gi-Oh!.
Since it is region blocked on nico, I can't see what the reaction there is, but I get the sense that simplicity isn't an issue. What nico liked about Yugioh is how silly it was compared to real life. "It's just a card game." "Yes, yes, cheating." This seems too based in reality. I don't think absurdly good luck gets as interesting as something that can only be considered possible through cheating. It's not over the top enough, despite the obvious meme setups. ( Berserker Soul wants its ability back. Or maybe that was ずっと俺のターン. )
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 23:37   Link #50
cohen

The Yugioh fans at Janime are eating this horribly thing up like it was gods desert. It is sad that they feel so strongly against Zexal to be liking this.
Old 2011-01-14, 23:49   Link #51
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

@bayoab I didn't quite mean that regarding the shows, but more like the actual game. I'm going to believe they intend to sell this game, but unless the actual thing plays completely different, I can't see it being very successful. Then again, funny to see that is how the japanese guys look at Yu-Gi-Oh!, haha. I personally liked the actual game, and the fact it actually some style, what with the whole Egyptian thing. It's actually what sets DM apart from the other seasons to me, as well.

And well, from the first chapter alone of ZEXAL, they do seem to be trying to recreate DM. The question is whether or not that will succeed. It worries me that the whole "precious" thing (which reminded me and everyone else of the puzzle and all that) will end up wasted in a high school dueling setting. DM had little of it, and no matter how ridiculous it might have been fighting for one's life with cards, that cheesyness was also what made it enjoyable. Independently, though, it certainly shows more promise than this show at the moment, simply because the game is the tried and tested YGO with new mechanics to spice it up.
Old 2011-01-14, 23:56   Link #52
cohen

I just don't like how the entire fight was decided on two luck draws. First was the luck save, and the second was the luck drive. A fight should not be decided purely on luck like that.
Old 2011-01-15, 03:32   Link #53
roriconfan
Banned

Please try to remember that the initial YGO episodes were full of crappy mechanics as well. Remember how you could summon Blue Eyes White Dragon without tributes? Or how Mirror Force and Monster Reborn turned the tables around just like that? Most don't remember because the rules changed later.
Old 2011-01-15, 06:51   Link #54
cohen

Yeah, but the card game is already being advertised in Japan to have these exact same rules. When Yugioh first started in Japan and America, the card game was not made in those areas.
Old 2011-01-15, 13:54   Link #55
roriconfan
Banned

So what? Monster Reborn, Mirror Force, and Black Hole were legal at first too.
Old 2011-01-15, 14:02   Link #56
cohen

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
That is progression of the card game. But all three of those are still legal now.
Old 2011-01-15, 14:06   Link #57
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
@bayoab I didn't quite mean that regarding the shows, but more like the actual game. I'm going to believe they intend to sell this game, but unless the actual thing plays completely different, I can't see it being very successful.
Ah, I see what you meant. It is probably too simple for the standard card game crowd. Maybe they are trying to aim to a lower age group and keep the complexity low?
Quote:
The issue is that the show is trying to sell the game and the rules presented are going to be the same ones that will exist when you buy the packs. That wasn't true for Yugioh. Even the basic rules that it started with are very different from the make them up as you go (俺ルール) in the show. Unlike when they were few card games out there, they don't have the chance to go back and make massive rule changes after it comes out as they did with Yugioh and Magic.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 14:13   Link #58
cohen

You know what, I wonder why CR chose to simulcast this. I cannot find anyone discussing it at CR forums.
Old 2011-01-15, 15:06   Link #59
roriconfan
Banned

^ Was there anything else to talk about after so many card game anime?
Old 2011-01-15, 15:23   Link #60
cohen

Quote:
^ Was there anything else to talk about after so many card game anime?
I asked the question why, that is another question which doesn't answer my question.

Tags
card game, cardfight vanguard