AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-10-17, 15:51   Link #521
ACEdigital

Quote:
Originally Posted by oDin01
There's no added nudity or anything really enhanced with the DVD's. Atleast the R2's doesn't.
Oh really? Awwww My friend told me there would be... awww.

Just a question about anyone reading mangas that have been brought over here:

Are they still kept in right-left orientation? I actually prefer that than left to right pages, just because I'm too used to flipping my pages with my left hand
ACEdigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 19:06   Link #522
Danger

dc comics is releasing the manga? under what label? DC? never seen that ever happen.

It'll probably be watered down too
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 14:45   Link #523
Rezard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACEdigital
Shin's suicide was the result of him and Mitsuomi's conflict. If Mitsuomi didn't fight Shin and if Shin didn't kill Mana, he wouldn't have killed himself.
You canīt think that way, because if you do, than anydoby could be guilty.

Examples:

If Maya didnīt exist Mitsuomi woudnīt figth Shin.
If Toudo didnīt make tournaments Mitsuomi woudnīt figth Shin.
If Mitsuomi's dad wore a condom than Mitsuomi woudnīt been born and he woudnīt have fogth Shin
If the police stoped the toudo from doing deadly matches, Shin would not die.
If the governament did fiscalize the police then Shin would not die.
If people voted for responsible politicians than they would fiscalize the police, and the police would stop mortal matches at the school, the school would use people to fiscalize the matches so anybody would ever die, the figth would be stoped before anything seriuos happened and Shin would not die.

As you see, the way you think isnīt valid or the entire world would be guilt for Shinīs Death.
Mitsuomi isnīt guilty for this death. The only guilt person here is Shin himself, he choose to die.
I belive Maya is crazy for blaming Mitsuomi

Sorry for the poor english. Iīm not american :P
Rezard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-20, 18:13   Link #524
BOZZY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger
dc comics is releasing the manga? under what label? DC? never seen that ever happen.

It'll probably be watered down too
It's being released under their subsidary called CMX... Expect TenTen manga to be read left to right as that is what CMX manga has been published like so far...
BOZZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-21, 01:48   Link #525
Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOZZY
It's being released under their subsidary called CMX... Expect TenTen manga to be read left to right as that is what CMX manga has been published like so far...

yeah i actually remember reading something about DC manga in a wizard issue i just bought, and didnt really retain it in my memory. Anyway i just saw a couple cmx mangas in the comic store today (wednesday = new comics day ) and saw how they looked like. My only question is will the TT series be released with a teen 16+ audience or something? or will they censor out the nudity?
Old 2004-10-21, 12:49   Link #526
ghdtpwls

tengo tenge

is there going to be more episodes on tengo tenge then 24????
ghdtpwls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-21, 17:13   Link #527
Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghdtpwls
is there going to be more episodes on tengo tenge then 24????
as far as i know the series is finished. They might come out with an OVA or something, but nothing is known. So far now, consider 24 to be the last episode of Tenjou Tenge.
Old 2004-10-21, 21:17   Link #528
ghdtpwls

pssh... thats gay...didn't really like the ending then....should of finished the series after the preliminaries....
ghdtpwls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-23, 01:47   Link #529
Mashimaro
q8D

LoL'z..Wow...that seriously was the last episode? Everything got rushed. The battle between Mitsuomi and Souichirou was pretty quick and not much..also with the whole aya thing. Ova or second season please!
Mashimaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-23, 12:15   Link #530
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashimaro
LoL'z..Wow...that seriously was the last episode? Everything got rushed. The battle between Mitsuomi and Souichirou was pretty quick and not much..also with the whole aya thing. Ova or second season please!
Agreed. The last episode sucked ass. Other than that though it was an enjoyable series.
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-23, 22:16   Link #531
Redscare

I cannot believe that this was the last episode. I registered just to express my utter disbelief (i know pretty pathetic huh?) Although I've only read probably 2 or 3 volumes ahead of where the story has left off on the anime, they couldn't not bring F into the mix and make nagi go all cool (won't say what in case some people don't know....)

yeah.... they better make more *growls*

</rant>

^_^
Redscare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 09:52   Link #532
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

only 2 years later and they all looked like they aged 10 years? bunshi even has white hair.

I finally understood why I hated nagi. He is the least developed character in the show (maybe after bob). When shin, mitsuomi or bunshi fought it meant something, when nagi fights he tries to make up some shit why he is fighting and it just didn't fly.

I thought it was ironic how he called mitsoumi brother a side character in the last episode and then continuied to demonstrate how much of a side character he was by fighting mitsoumi.
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 21:53   Link #533
kujoe
from head to heel

Actually, it can be argued that even Masataka was left somewhere in the sidelines too, since there's better focus on him after the events of the anime. (I'm sure Masataka fans fondly remember vol. 11 of the manga and a little bit of what comes after...)

The real stars of this anime season in my opinion are really the ones from the flashback episodes.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-25, 23:16   Link #534
Sokar

Anyone here think that the series would have been better off by just focusing on the past? I think a 12 ep series of just the flashbacks would have made this series borderline great, not to mention it actually would have had a semi-complete ending with Shin's death, but still left some issues open, like the relationship between Mitsumoi and Maya. The flashback's characters are much better than present ones since they actually had character development. There were pretty much no character development with Bob, Masataka, Nagi, Bob's girlfriend, and even Aya was developed poorly.
Sokar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-26, 06:41   Link #535
Sasuke.ExE

Send a message via MSN to Sasuke.ExE
hmmm

I've been watching tenjo tenge up to ep 8 does it get better????
Sasuke.ExE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-26, 10:43   Link #536
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke.ExE
I've been watching tenjo tenge up to ep 8 does it get better????
yes, the really cool part is just about to begin, meet Aya's brother, a real badass !
I suggest you keep watching TT becomes very good after ep 9
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-26, 10:54   Link #537
evilryu
Elite Member

I just finished the entire tenjo tenge series in one sitting, needless to say i'm very tired and I've missed 2 lectures..

Someone please tell me that there is an OVA or season 2??

Its a weird anime, it has comedy elements in very awkward moments and theres WAY too many blackflashes! However the characters are pretty cool and the storyline is somewhat unique - turning classroom/streetfighting into something epic and of mythical proportions.

I want to read the manga but I've heard its been licensed? I've scoured the net to buy them but not out yet I think.. Dont suppose someone would be kind enough to pm me a link to download the chapters where the anime left off?
evilryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-31, 13:42   Link #538
ACEdigital

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilryu
I just finished the entire tenjo tenge series in one sitting, needless to say i'm very tired and I've missed 2 lectures..

Someone please tell me that there is an OVA or season 2??

Its a weird anime, it has comedy elements in very awkward moments and theres WAY too many blackflashes! However the characters are pretty cool and the storyline is somewhat unique - turning classroom/streetfighting into something epic and of mythical proportions.

I want to read the manga but I've heard its been licensed? I've scoured the net to buy them but not out yet I think.. Dont suppose someone would be kind enough to pm me a link to download the chapters where the anime left off?
A friend of mine told me there is going to be a season 2, and AonE will be up on it (hope it's true). And yes, Souichiro and Bob were undeveloped characters, but they will have more development if the series were to continue. If you all remembered in the last 2 episodes, the Takanagi family controls the Flying Phoenix, composed of 12 highly skilled families (the White Feathers and Red Feathers). The story will focus about the Flying Phoenix, and Souichiro's Dragon Gate ability. Can't tell you more because of spoilers.

Well here is a little: Souichiro's hair turns black when he uses his ability.
ACEdigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-31, 14:05   Link #539
Sokar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACEdigital
Well here is a little: Souichiro's hair turns black when he uses his ability.
LOL, Super Saiyan Reversed!
Sokar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-01, 10:22   Link #540
kujoe
from head to heel

Has season 2 been announced already? I think it'll be a long while before something is made since there's not enough material to around with yet--and frankly, I think that's better than some studio coming up with their own ideas. The present story is already quite convoluted (or complex--depending on how you see it...) as it is at the moment.

For those who are wondering if it does get better after the events of the anime or if there's indeed more... All I'm going to say is--yes, some characters will be developed, but in varying degrees. And yes, the story does go beyond your typical high school fighting drama.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokar
LOL, Super Saiyan Reversed!
Actually, if I'm not mistaken Souichirou's hair is originally black. He just dyed it blonde.

Strange how these "hair color transformations" work, huh?
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, romance, seinen