Old 2011-11-02, 14:54   Link #41
Kallen4life

pretty sure most PTS SPNovas would've folded before doped Hody
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2011-11-02, 14:55   Link #42
marvelB

Ah, thanks for clearing that up, Mr. Bluebeard. Well, at least that confirms that Hody would've had a pretty sizable price on his head if he ever got the chance to extend his holocaust to the surface world.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
If they want to write their own story, which is what's been happening frequently these past several dozen chapters, go ahead, but it doesn't make it canon.
Which reminds me: I wonder when we'll see those "enemies stronger than Hody" that Hachi supposedly mentioned?
Old 2011-11-02, 15:24   Link #43
Blackbeard D. Kuma

I'm also not convinced that Hodi is down. There's gotta be a reason why Oda showed him ingesting another batch of ES. Interesting to know that in toughness, Hodi is basically comparable to the pre-time-skip supernovas. If someone of that caliber fighting in their own element (water) is still no match for Luffy, it just goes to show how big of a power boost Luffy received over the last 2 years.

Let's see if Zoro is gullible enough to fall for Hyouzou's trap. He'll probably play along and slice up Hyouzou in retaliation.

This chapter also basically confirmed how Shanks got his scars. Blackbeard indeed used to carry a claw like weapon on his arm in the past. Neat detail there by Oda.
Old 2011-11-02, 15:24   Link #44
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 645
That was a good chapter. Hody was able to push out another attack. I thought he was done for in the last chapter. I guess there is no such thing has overdoing it when it comes to taking down Hody. Kinda of weird that he would be puking pills up whole. Is he eating the Pills? I will give Hody credit, he is a persistent one. At least he is defeated now. I mean it was getting pretty sad for the Fisherman Pirates. Especially Hodi, that guy is a lost cause. Luffy smashing the arch is impressive, that is a major power up. It looks like he has both arms in 3rd gear and armor haki. Chopper finally controlled his final form. He will be very powerful now that he is not mindlessly attacking everything in sight.
Old 2011-11-02, 15:43   Link #45
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
This chapter also basically confirmed how Shanks got his scars. Blackbeard indeed used to carry a claw like weapon on his arm in the past. Neat detail there by Oda.

Yeah, I thought that was a cool detail, too. Makes me wonder why we never saw him use it after ditching the old man.....
Old 2011-11-02, 15:58   Link #46
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yeah, I thought that was a cool detail, too. Makes me wonder why we never saw him use it after ditching the old man.....
Interestingly enough, we also see Marco wielding a sword back then.

The funny thing is that this still won't stop those theorists from insisting on Blackbeard possessing a Cerberus zoan.
Old 2011-11-02, 16:28   Link #47
Homura7

Quote:
IThe funny thing is that this still won't stop those theorists from insisting on Blackbeard possessing a Cerberus zoan.
Wait, what...!?
Old 2011-11-02, 16:43   Link #48
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
I'm also not convinced that Hodi is down. There's gotta be a reason why Oda showed him ingesting another batch of ES. Interesting to know that in toughness, Hodi is basically comparable to the pre-time-skip supernovas. If someone of that caliber fighting in their own element (water) is still no match for Luffy, it just goes to show how big of a power boost Luffy received over the last 2 years.
He ate the pills to recover from Luffy's blow, just like he did before with Zoro's slash. I believe the elephant gun put him down for good, at least I hope so. Seeing getting beat up senseless was funny at first but it's getting seriously old now. I gotta hand that to him - if noting else, he's probably one of the best punching bag of the OP verse.

The cover story was the best part of the chapter. So awesome.
Old 2011-11-02, 16:51   Link #49
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
Wait, what...!?
Oh, you've never read that theory? You see, people have made a correlation with BB's flag, Shanks' scars, and BB being able to possess more than one DF.

This chapter basically confirmed that Shanks' scars were caused by BB's claw weapon and not the claws on the paw of a cerberus. So that one is ruled out.

As you know, a cerberus has 3 heads; so by this theory it's possible that 2 of those heads ate the darkness fruit and quake fruit. BB has deliberately been hiding this ability, hence the reason for him not wanting anyone to see how he extracted the quake ability from WB's body.

Of course, there is reasoning/symbolism that debunks this theory, but it does have some merit.
Old 2011-11-02, 16:53   Link #50
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

It looked to me like Hody was coughing up the steroids rather than trying to consume more of them.

And it's awesome that Chopper can actually control his monster point now. I guess it's the only form he has that requires rumble balls now.~
Old 2011-11-02, 16:59   Link #51
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
It looked to me like Hody was coughing up the steroids rather than trying to consume more of them.
But it wouldn't make sense to cough them out whole. Once they're swallowed, they should deteriorate from acidity and water in the body.
Old 2011-11-02, 17:04   Link #52
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
But it wouldn't make sense to cough them out whole. Once they're swallowed, they should deteriorate from acidity and water in the body.
You're right, but Hody's a Fishman. How do we know his body works the same way a human's body does?

I'm actually guessing Hody will revert back to his original self after coughing too much of them up. Similar to how Cell did so in DBZ when he vomited up Android 18 because of Gohan's attacks.
Old 2011-11-02, 17:07   Link #53
Homura7

What the hell are you talking about? He wasn't coughing pills, he was shoving even more into his mouth, but he was so desperate and nervous he spilled some.

And fishmen bodies work the same as human bodies except for their capability to breath underwater.
Old 2011-11-02, 17:19   Link #54
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Yeah well, since the speech bubbles in the same panel were signifying he was coughing I came to the conclusion he was coughing them up, and it still looks that way to me.

And, you're not Oda so I have no reason to believe what you're saying about Fishman anatomy.

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2011-11-02 at 18:15.
Old 2011-11-02, 17:21   Link #55
Homura7

If you're still in doubt, then just read Aohige's very accurate translation and problem solved.
Old 2011-11-02, 18:10   Link #56
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Yeah well, since the speech bubbles in the same panel were signifying he was coughing I came to the conclusion he was coughing them up, and it still looks that way to me.

And, you're not Oda so I have no reason to believe what you're saying about Fishman analogy.
There's sfx of swallowing the pills, untranslated.

Do you make swallowing sounds when spitting something out?
Old 2011-11-02, 18:14   Link #57
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
There's sfx of swallowing the pills, untranslated.

Do you make swallowing sounds when spitting something out?
Okay then, that's all the proof I need.

I s'pose I didn't notice it as I tend to ignore SFX and their scanlation footnotes.
Old 2011-11-02, 18:25   Link #58
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Wow, I always had trouble deciding which of the Strawhats outside the monster trio was the strongest one. Now that Chopper can control his monster form though, I think I know the answer. Still, I could be wrong, and I love the possibility of it. Usually in Shonen power levels are far too obvious.
Old 2011-11-02, 19:29   Link #59
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Yeah, Chopper is a monster, but Robin could easily clutch him with giant hands... not that they'll ever fight
Old 2011-11-02, 19:56   Link #60
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Really liked this chapter was pretty good stuff.

Brooke was def the highlight here from the first moment where the merfolk question about him to his following scenes, Soul King indeed.

Firgured Luffy would destroy Noah in order to stop it, even despite what the Neptune said about it, Luffy has for the most part been about break things in most cases tradtion and lore.

Good stuff, the big wait is on once again