AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 07
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 35 23.33%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 49 32.67%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 37 24.67%
7 out of 10: Good... 14 9.33%
6 out of 10: Average... 5 3.33%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 2 1.33%
4 out of 10: Poor... 2 1.33%
3 out of 10: Bad... 2 1.33%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 1 0.67%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 3 2.00%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-08-22, 12:10   Link #261
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
Until of course Asuna checks her friend list and sees that Kirito and Liz--who have both lied to her about where they are going--are together under a bridge, and then murders them both in a spasm of jealous rage!
Actually, their friend list most likely only shows the current location of the player, as in floor and general area (city/forst/etc).
When Sachi hid herself, Kirito used his Tracking Skill to locate her. If the friend list showed the exact location, her guild members wouldn't have had to go out looking for her.
Old 2012-08-22, 12:53   Link #262
Trajan
Six Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Actually, their friend list most likely only shows the current location of the player, as in floor and general area (city/forst/etc).
When Sachi hid herself, Kirito used his Tracking Skill to locate her. If the friend list showed the exact location, her guild members wouldn't have had to go out looking for her.
I was just joking, but in fact I think the "friend tracker" is more accurate than that. After all, Kirito was able to gallop right up to Yoruko's location with Asuna b/c Yoruko and Asuna were friends.

And according to information others have mentioned from the LN, Sachi couldn't be located because

Spoiler for LN:

Last edited by Trajan; 2012-08-22 at 13:30.
Trajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 12:56   Link #263
chaos_alfa

Quote:
That's not how it works actually.

Spoiler for Light Novel Quote From Red-nosed Reindeer:
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 14:26   Link #264
Awrya
U mad?

Thanks for clarifying, since in Ep.5 Kirito talked about fairness in SAO, so I thought that pinpointing a player's location, even your friends, is a bit too much.
Old 2012-08-22, 23:05   Link #265
Scarletknive
Meister

Gee... Is that dragon a boss monster or what? Seems tough.

If because of the CG(3D animation) that it is a boss monster, I am scared of playing an MMORPG game where look-alike boss monsters are 3D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
That's not how it works actually.

Spoiler for Light Novel Quote From Red-nosed Reindeer:
Hmm, so what if you lost track of your party member in the map and "Track" skill does not work in that particular map?
Old 2012-08-22, 23:23   Link #266
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Until of course Asuna checks her friend list and sees that Kirito and Liz--who have both lied to her about where they are going--are together under a bridge, and then murders them both in a spasm of jealous rage!
Kirito is still stronger than her so she'd fail there.
Old 2012-08-22, 23:53   Link #267
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Except that they're in a town, and players can't take damage in a town. Her spasm of jealous rage would have to last long enough for her to get them out of town.
Sute443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 02:07   Link #268
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Spoilers
Spoiler for Episode 7
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
That, and the fight scene could've been better. I wish it was a bit longer too, but the episode was still entertaining to watch nonetheless.

I really like the part where Kirito ran vertically, and fell. It was rather cute how he emerged from the hole where he fell, and explained that he could've succeeded if it wasn't for the limited space. What a cute kid.

Ah, Asuna. Her scenes were short, but it was a blessing to see her in the episode. Her interaction with Kirito was just amusing to watch. haha
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 04:28   Link #269
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
That, and the fight scene could've been better. I wish it was a bit longer too, but the episode was still entertaining to watch nonetheless.
Do note that this happens in the 55th floor, the front line is quite a few floors up.

Just the scene of the dragon's breath attack being deflected by Kirito using a simple sword skill is enough to show that his level (which by now should be over 80) gives him an overwhelming advantage.
Old 2012-08-23, 06:10   Link #270
anigu
Game maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post

Hmm, so what if you lost track of your party member in the map and "Track" skill does not work in that particular map?
If it was me, my first thought would be to go check the death list to see if that member still alive or not.
anigu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 09:13   Link #271
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by anigu View Post
If it was me, my first thought would be to go check the death list to see if that member still alive or not.
Okay... So you looked at the death list and found out he is not dead yet... What do you do?

Wheres the preview for episode 8?
Old 2012-08-23, 09:36   Link #272
Krono

Quote:
It's already been posted in a couple places:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...41#post4315441
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 17:23   Link #273
lightbringer
M9000

They are saving the budget for fights in the actual main story. At least I hope that's what's happening

It's still better than the tab-based "click 1 2 3 5 3 rinse repeat" combat that is prevalent in MMOs today though (though we're now starting to see action game mechanics at least partially in MMOs like Tera/GW2/TSW/Raiderz and "pretend MMOs" like Vindictus/D9)
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 22:18   Link #274
dragonroots
Carefree Dragon

@lightbringer I wish there were more MMO's like Dragon Nest, i love the combat system in that MMO. It's main issue is that in order to efficiently play it you have to buy more storage and stat increasers with real money (or overpay in game money massively).
Old 2012-08-24, 03:41   Link #275
ginger02

This was the first episode i saw after the first episode. I really like the music. I wonder how long they've been stuck in the world though.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 05:07   Link #276
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger02 View Post
This was the first episode i saw after the first episode. I really like the music. I wonder how long they've been stuck in the world though.
It started in November 2022, by episode 7 it is June 2024, so a ~20 months.
Old 2012-08-24, 06:01   Link #277
anigu
Game maker

Quote:
Okay... So you looked at the death list and found out he is not dead yet... What do you do?

In that case, I will check our usual meeting places such as a bar or more luxuriously, a home. No result then I'll gather a search team back to that area (no, I won't go by myself, too dangerous). If we have searched for one day and one night, then I'll call the whole thing off. After a systematic search, if we still couldn't find him it only mean either he's dead or hiding. With the latter, no point to worry about that guy.

And I assumed by "lost track" you mean I also couldn't chat or mail him.
anigu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 11:40   Link #278
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
They are saving the budget for fights in the actual main story. At least I hope that's what's happening

It's still better than the tab-based "click 1 2 3 5 3 rinse repeat" combat that is prevalent in MMOs today though (though we're now starting to see action game mechanics at least partially in MMOs like Tera/GW2/TSW/Raiderz and "pretend MMOs" like Vindictus/D9)
Lol at that mmos. When I see games, characters where you "press 1 to win" I just lolz.
I remember my Wow TBC lock sl/sl arena times, had like 60 buttons configurations to remember. With macros that were used for 3-5 targets/situations. Every button had modificators, not to mention managing 2 targets and their pets, yourself your healer and your pet XD. Managing 5+ targets in real time, fun times it was.
Or you could go Stormherald warrior and just press 1 2 3 to win ^^.
Old 2012-08-24, 11:58   Link #279
ginger02

Quote:
It started in November 2022, by episode 7 it is June 2024, so a ~20 months.
Okay thanks. Wow that's a bit of time to be stuck there. But they managed to make it all the way to level 55 so i guess they are progressing. I really like Kirito's friend that he made in the first episode, so i hope we see him again.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 12:57   Link #280
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Quote:
Okay thanks. Wow that's a bit of time to be stuck there. But they managed to make it all the way to level 55 so i guess they are progressing. I really like Kirito's friend that he made in the first episode, so i hope we see him again.
Why did you jump from episode 1 to episode 7?

And the current frontline is somewhere around floor 70 not 55.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion