AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-09-26, 07:13   Link #21
Shining Celebi
a

Long-haired Tobi (vis a vis Itachi and Kisame) is explained in this chapter.
Shining Celebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 07:35   Link #22
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarskylar View Post
it wouldn't be as intimidating since he probably didn't consider himself obito at the time, but more of the second coming of madara (even when he captures the kyuubi, he goes "i've been waiting so long for this" as if he thought he was madara)

and if he has a heightened intelligence from the zetsu brain, then it would be easier for him to train more efficiently and get better experience. because clearly he would have had to have gone on multiple missions on madara's behalf and succeed before madara would even consider sending him to capture the kyuubi

also, since he's wearing a zetsu body, i wonder if that's what gives him the power to slip into the earth just like zetsu does, and then he combines that power with kamui to slip into his dimension instead to create his slip through no jutsu

final point: just realized that the zetsu mentioned that madara's magic world would even let you revive the dead... cough cough obito's motive for helping madara is probably to bring back rin since he couldn't save her. he probably doesn't even care about who he kills because he believes he'll just bring them back in his new infiinite tsukiyomi paradise
man, you just made it a whole lot more complicated for me. it just seems too convenient, all you need is some zetsu and you become ridiculously powerful, experienced and intelligent. it could turn the dumbest person into a genius. i need to get me one of those!
Old 2012-09-26, 07:39   Link #23
Lunarskylar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
man, you just made it a whole lot more complicated for me. it just seems too convenient, all you need is some zetsu and you become ridiculously powerful, experienced and intelligent. it could turn the dumbest person into a genius. i need to get me one of those!
its the naruto world ritalin, amazing stuff
Old 2012-09-26, 08:08   Link #24
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarskylar View Post
final point: just realized that the zetsu mentioned that madara's magic world would even let you revive the dead... cough cough obito's motive for helping madara is probably to bring back rin since he couldn't save her. he probably doesn't even care about who he kills because he believes he'll just bring them back in his new infiinite tsukiyomi paradise
Yeah Marada has hinted at least twice that obito is up to something...

Considering the fact obitos hair grew quite a bit within this chapter, but we saw no other interaction with madara...then madara is in some sort of stasis?
Old 2012-09-26, 08:12   Link #25
thewupk

So is Madara already in control of the 4th Mizukage at this point? Since it seems it's the Mist ninja who are going to kill Rin. Fairly well constructed plan of Madara to convert Obito. The Zetsu's already planted the seed of being able to revive the dead so Obito will get on board to bring Rin back. Things are falling into place.
thewupk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 08:38   Link #26
Jpmartinez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo View Post
so maybe over time the skin obito wore to leave the building will mold into him.

so it would explain why now he is one with it instead of it just being like a suit of armor he can take off and put on but something that after many years it became him.

kimish never fails to disappoint me, I never would have guessed. I just assumed madara brain washed him with the sharigan and called it a day while having the zetsus train him but it got way more interesting.
A puppet Obito wouldn't had been nearly as strong. You see when you have an Obito doing things because of his own conviction then you have an Obito that will fight with all his might and progress over time while also having a notion of improvisation.
Jpmartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 08:40   Link #27
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
the comedy is killing me...not in a good way. What a waste of a chapter. I'm sure there is some redeeming value, but I'm too tired to think about it right now...
this
Old 2012-09-26, 09:28   Link #28
itachi-san314

there's still much more that needs to be explained about even revelations in this chapter. for one, obito merging with spiral zetsu doesn't totally add up because the tobi we have known takes off the spiral mask like an ordinary mask with a strap. it's not part of his body or even part of the zetsu body at that point. i could be wrong, but it looks like just a mask.

also, it does seem that obito grew his hair long enough to resemble the tobi that kisame and itachi met, but then what is the reason for him cutting it short again when he was still impersonating madara?
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 09:54   Link #29
Mists

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
there's still much more that needs to be explained about even revelations in this chapter. for one, obito merging with spiral zetsu doesn't totally add up because the tobi we have known takes off the spiral mask like an ordinary mask with a strap. it's not part of his body or even part of the zetsu body at that point. i could be wrong, but it looks like just a mask.

also, it does seem that obito grew his hair long enough to resemble the tobi that kisame and itachi met, but then what is the reason for him cutting it short again when he was still impersonating madara?
Could be Zetsu turns hard after a while when Obito takes over body...he keeps the mask to surprise his opponents of his other eye, just as a backup.

Obito now maybe has a 3rd eye lol.

I think the mask also serves for battle purpose and protection as well as hiding himself so he can masquerade as Madara.

Whatever the case, he CAN'T BE SEEN by Kakashi and Rin now, it would be too complicated and a huge plothole since Kakashi would've recognized Tobi..
Mists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 09:59   Link #30
james0246

Quote:
Doesn't he meet Itachi (with long hair) after the Kyuubi (which he had short hair for)?

Also, why can't Obito cut his hair? Even ignoring the multiple Zetsus hanging around (that could all cut his hair for him), isn't there something a chuunin-level shinobi can do about scruffy hair? This is especially weird since Obito was probably training the entire time, in which case having long hair is generally counterproductive...(This was a minor quibble at best.)

Additionally, just how long has Obito been underground that his hair has grown so long? It would take me well over a year for my hair to grow as much as Obito's did...

Last edited by james0246; 2012-09-26 at 10:17.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 11:22   Link #31
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Doesn't he meet Itachi (with long hair) after the Kyuubi (which he had short hair for)?
yes. that's why i used to think that tobi was 2 people (obito and madara). but now madara has grey hair and we see obito growing his hair out so i'm basically assuming that tobi is just obito at this point. i would prefer it if tobi was 2 different people for the long and short hair scenes though

Quote:
Also, why can't Obito cut his hair? Even ignoring the multiple Zetsus hanging around (that could all cut his hair for him), isn't there something a chuunin-level shinobi can do about scruffy hair? This is especially weird since Obito was probably training the entire time, in which case having long hair is generally counterproductive...(This was a minor quibble at best.)
of course he can cut his hair. my point was just that he has no logical reason to cut it if he's pretending to be madara. vice versa, he has no reason to grow it out unless he's pretending or planning on pretending to be madara.

Quote:
Additionally, just how long has Obito been underground that his hair has grown so long? It would take me well over a year for my hair to grow as much as Obito's did...
yea, i'm not even sure if my hair would grow that much in 2 years
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 11:28   Link #32
SimplyAJ

Saying two years isn't enough time to take on Minato doesn't really seem to count for anything, seeing as in two years Sasuke somehow fought against like all the Kages at once. So, regardless, worse things have happened.
SimplyAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 12:40   Link #33
Golos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
it would be kinda difficult to believe that a fairly ordinary ninja like obito could become so formidable in just 2 years.
Obito wasn't ordinary, he was a late bloomer. The evolution of his (formidable) Sharingan shows that.
Golos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 12:40   Link #34
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:

I agree Tobi is introduced to us wearing a mask. I see it like this...obito being the naive chap that he is, is quite possibly being manipulated right now. He just wants to help his friends. But he can't leave the cave he's in without this Zetsu armor that was conveniently ready for him. He hasn't become a loyal participant to Madaras plan ( i assume that happens when Rin dies) just yet. When he does that's likely when he will create his "mask" and assume his new identity. As of chapter 601 we can see that obito is not wearing any Zetsu armor

As for his long hair, I'm thinking that's a device to show a significant time has passed while being in Madaras care...I continue to believe that mizukage Madara (and ultimately the one that met kisamae) was the real one madara only because the eye we are shown during that chapter is a left one...obito is currently missing his. I'm not sure about the one that met itachi...
Old 2012-09-26, 13:44   Link #35
Suika-Esper
Sage Mode

Wow, somehow this is all coming together and making sense in a way. One thing bothers me though. More than anything else. They have the technology for ANDROIDS, but they don't have guns or cars? At least it explains the "recording" ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
I'm not sure about the one that met itachi...
Now that you mention the meeting with Itachi, wasn't that in a forested area with a similar rock cave to the one that collapsed on Obito?

Last edited by Suika-Esper; 2012-09-26 at 13:57.
Suika-Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 13:49   Link #36
Ero-Senn1n

This chapter suggests that Zetsu is an artificial creation, but how could someone like Madara create him? Madara had the plan of taking some cells from the 1st hokage while fighting, but it's hard to believe that he could do it alone. First, he was mortally wounded, otherwise the 1st hokage and the entire world would not believe that he died in the VotE, so how did he survive and hide (ninja also take the dead body to prevent secrets and sharingan eyes of being stolen). Second, he is not the scientist type who takes some cells and then grows them in some underground laboratory (like Dr.Gero in DBZ) and then finds a way to create life support and androids out of a few stolen cells. Black Zetsu might be the answer. If the bodies of these androids are based on the 1st hokage's cells then it can be that their minds were created by Madara's genjutsu, and in that case if Obito fused his body with an android that could also result in some level of mind fusion, which leads to Tobi's messed up personality that carries Madara's will layered over Obito's. This would also mean that if the upper Madara-layer is broken then Obito's original personality may break out and turn against Madara. But Kakashi is at his limit, it's difficult to imagine how he could break down Tobi's mind in a fight.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 14:06   Link #37
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
lol with the Obito + Sasuke team, they realize that Madara is a load of bull and thus they save the world. And another arc starts with Naruto as 6th Hokage.
Old 2012-09-26, 14:28   Link #38
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

"Android" is obviously a translation error. Probably read too much DBZ manga. Seeing how an Android is a humanoid machine, and Zetsu, well, just humanoid.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 15:26   Link #39
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

It could explain the shift from personalities from Tobi is a good boy to Uchiha Madara, the Tobi is a good boy bit was Obito allowing "Tobi" to move around and speak, then when he became "Madara" it was Obito moving and speaking.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 15:32   Link #40
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I don't think there is any reason to just assume that he's still wearing the armor to this day.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion