AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-12, 06:27   Link #20181
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It might be fine for the people on the science side, but what about those Magician who had devoted their entire life to their craft? Not all of them are sociopaths and some of them can do good.

The change in political power, you don't think countries that are supported by magic would be thrown into chaos?

What about sentient supernatural creatures? Would you purge them as well?
Tch, aw, at least let me say that and continue laughing like a mad man. Sometimes I just want to say that.

Well, Touma knows his limits. Otherwise Hyouka might as well be a goner by now...

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2012-10-12, 06:30   Link #20182
desrtsku
Nympholept

Yeah, he'd never do something that'll make a friend with a nice body disappear
Old 2012-10-12, 06:30   Link #20183
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
There there, the science side might suffer a little too. Academy City would lose its purpose (unless it turns into a 100% cutting edge technology developing city that is), some young espers might contract chuunibyou after the sudden loss of their powers. Though I do agree, the magic side will be totally doomed.

Even if Academy City loses it's Esper Program, they still provide top of the line education with High standards of living, and yes the sales of advance technology as well. Though a sharp drop in numbers, there will always be people willing to sign up as students.
Old 2012-10-12, 06:34   Link #20184
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Got the book.

Regarding what Ollerus said about Imagine Breaker and the Distortion of the world, I must say Fiamma is right all this time. And if anything, reveal the purpose of the Aeonic shift.

Spoiler:
How did Ollerus learn this?

So the whole aim of Aleister is simply to start over from a clean slate?
Old 2012-10-12, 06:34   Link #20185
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Even if Academy City loses it's Esper Program, they still provide top of the line education with High standards of living, and yes the sales of advance technology as well. Though a sharp drop in numbers, there will always be people willing to sign up as students.

And here I thought you'd be interested in the chuunibyou topic *sigh*

oh, the idea of them shifting into a normal educational program didn't come into my head, that can actually make a pretty good setting. And perhaps instead of espers they might start transforming the students into cyborgs instead (at first in the background of course)
Old 2012-10-12, 06:37   Link #20186
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post

So the whole aim of Aleister is simply to start over from a clean slate?
Quite the opposite, I'm betting Aleister wants to control what is Natural... Remember his plan involves 'purifying' the power of the Right Hand in a 'Temple' and all that Jazz about being similar to Fiamma?
Old 2012-10-12, 07:07   Link #20187
zaeraal

Quote:
Some young espers might contract chuunibyou after the sudden loss of their powers.
Going mad is one thing, but if all the level 0 does not get wiped off somehow, then entire Railgun manga would turn into the most hilarious Rape Doujinshi I could imagine.
With all the levels 4 - 5 introduced in the manga (both males and females) getting a censored...
Quote:
Quite the opposite, I'm betting Aleister wants to control what is Natural... Remember his plan involves 'purifying' the power of the Right Hand in a 'Temple' and all that Jazz about being similar to Fiamma?
Yeah, Fiamma wanted to correctly fix it (+- some fire element) and if Aleister is similar to her, he will most likely "fix it the way he wants it to be fixed".
Though it can still be something else.
Keep in mind that there are way more elements in Aleister plan than it was in Fiammas.

BTW: how many there are? Accel, Kakine, IB, Hyoka, Sisters, Aiwass...
And what is the TEMPLE in his case? AC, City of Shimmers, Sisters network?

Or is he planning to go for something extreme like "literally" building a temple out of bodies of the espers? (Something like Fiamma did with the parts of the temples?)
Old 2012-10-12, 07:56   Link #20188
Breidaluk

I don't think he will do that. He probably want to use the Misaka Network to bring Aiwass to the world so he can make use of him. He wanted to accumulate the esper power and concentrate in a single point using the Sisters.
Old 2012-10-12, 10:29   Link #20189
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Though I do agree, the magic side will be totally doomed.
-gulp-
K- Kamijou would never do such a thing (to us)
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2012-10-12, 10:54   Link #20190
Acer
Death to the infidels!

not consciously.
Old 2012-10-12, 11:07   Link #20191
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Aleister's temple is the AC.
By Ollerus's statement that multiple basis points had existed. And if we assume Holy Right serve the same purpose as IB. Then we may say Aleister had such a problem against Fiamma because Fiamma posses a different blue print then the one Aleister is trying to use.
The process of refining the right hand in the temple would likely be the process to update or perfect the blue print as the primary law of the world.
Could this be what Aleister really means by Fiamma used a outdated format? That Fiamma used a Christian refinery when he could have expand on Holy Right's potential if a better refinery is used?

Quote:
How did Ollerus learn this?
Ollerus only knows the about the distortion and the basis points. And then he conclude that IB is one of those basis points.
Then from there I deduced the rest from what we already know.

Last edited by shmaster; 2012-10-12 at 11:48.
Old 2012-10-12, 11:08   Link #20192
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Can we also take this as confirmation that other Right Hand powers, aside from the two we already know of, exist in the World?

Like say, a random example, maybe somewhere out there there's a Right Hand power that allows the user to pull weapons out of people.
Old 2012-10-12, 11:18   Link #20193
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ I've never heard of such power before, it must be awesome to see that in a story where the plot is good.
Old 2012-10-12, 11:20   Link #20194
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

^
Yeah, I bet the owner of such a power would be a badass Mofo right from the start to the end.
Old 2012-10-12, 11:21   Link #20195
Sumeragi
Banned

For some reason I would think there are three Right Hands, for the Trinity.
Old 2012-10-12, 11:23   Link #20196
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Like say, a random example, maybe somewhere out there there's a Right Hand power that allows the user to pull weapons out of people.
Oi oi oi oi oi.

Quote:
^ I've never heard of such power before, it must be awesome to see that in a story where the plot is good.
The last time I heard of that kind of power in a character, said character makes Hamadzura look like the most badass manly man in the world, such as Kenshiro (Hokuto no Ken), Touma as God, and Accelerator as the Devil.

Quote:
^
Yeah, I bet the owner of such a power would be a badass Mofo right from the start till the end.
If only. Oh, not to forget in the "requirements criteria," with attitude. Being cool and walking with an air of swag is a definite bonus.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2012-10-12, 11:23   Link #20197
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
By Ollerus's statement that multiple basis points had existed. And if we assume Holy Right serve the same purpose as IB. Then we may say Aleister had such a problem against Fiamma because Fiamma posses a different blue print then the one Aleister is trying to use.
The process of refining the right hand in the temple would likely be the process to update or perfect the blue print as the primary law of the world.
Could this be what Aleister really means by Fiamma used a outdated format? That Fiamma used a Christian refinery when he could have expand on Holy Right's potential if a better refinery is used?
So why was IB able to crush Holy Right back then? IB was nowhere near refined or anything. Is it then that its blueprint is superior?

Quote:
^
Yeah, I bet the owner of such a power would be a badass Mofo right from the start till the end.
*Ahem*Lost Christmas....
Old 2012-10-12, 11:35   Link #20198
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
For some reason I would think there are three Right Hands, for the Trinity.
That would be all right I guess.

Quote:
So why was IB able to crush Holy Right back then? IB was nowhere near refined or anything. Is it then that its blueprint is superior?
Was it Imagine Breaker? Or that something else?
Old 2012-10-12, 11:53   Link #20199
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Was it Imagine Breaker? Or that something else?
hmm, "something else" is actually a good name for it too
Old 2012-10-12, 11:55   Link #20200
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Why do I envision a shota representing a certain secret soceity getting balsted to piece by Aleister...?

Quote:
We'll have to wait to find up exactly which Aeon IB belongs to.
If we can have a clear cut answer on that, a lot of the question can be answered.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen