Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-03-26, 22:45   Link #941
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Usagi still scares the crud out of me here, that little giggle just makes me shiver.
And to think Ioryogi contemplated kidnapping that thing. Ushagi would've smacked him around a bit with her cannon flower.

Spoiler for ep24:

So overall, Kobato was a nice series that started out a little slow, but gradually grew on me until I started looking forward to it every week. Just thinking back to all the laughs and the tears accumulated through the episodes makes me wistful. I'm going to miss this series, most of all Kobato and that ever-radiant smile of her's.
Old 2010-03-26, 22:49   Link #942
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
And to think Ioryogi contemplated kidnapping that thing. Ushagi would've smacked him around a bit with her cannon flower.
I thought that was a Wish reference actually, the Usagi (or maybe there's more than one?) was held captive for a little bit. It actually didn't do anything but look creepy so I think Ioryogi would've been fine.

I also liked the art in this series for a lot of it, especially the Valentines Day episode with all the bright backgrounds. Still trying to figure out why it was advertised that Kobato would have a different outfit each episode and that never happened, it's certainly not like CCS where they were running out of designs.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 04:35   Link #943
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Still trying to figure out why it was advertised that Kobato would have a different outfit each episode and that never happened.
It was just a blatant lie.
Old 2010-03-27, 16:57   Link #944
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Watched the last episode... and yes, although it's a little cliched, it turned out nicely... and rather emotional. Something like after 3 years or something after what happened... and yes, that flashback did come true...

Overall, they did a good job except a few episodes that I felt that were rushed and stuff. I give this a 8.7/10. Enjoyable and heartwarming, but not flawless.
Old 2010-03-27, 20:42   Link #945
Casshern

I was hoping they'd give a bit more back story on the main characters, especially Ioryogi, and I was hoping there would be some resolution to his own sub-plot. Still, overall it was a nice series. Loved the soundtrack.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 22:06   Link #946
Strygwyr
Attention Queen killer.
*IT Support

great series 9/10. Ending was cute .
Old 2010-03-28, 00:52   Link #947
karinvampire
Ka Ra Ku Ri

The first anime in history to actually make me cry at the end lol

when you can do that to me you get a....

perfect 100000/10 great series
karinvampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-28, 04:05   Link #948
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoguht View Post
Just one question, which follows on from Kobato looking (and sounding) quite a bit younger at the end. Fujimoto studied law, which is a long course, plus he may have only been doing it part-time because he needed to work so much to fund his studies. Then he was working at the law company for 4 years after he qualified. So, on the assumption that when Kobato vanished in Fujimoto's arms she was at that moment reborn, how old would that make her now?

Spoiler for About the ending:
Old 2010-04-11, 05:21   Link #949
ohtori_akio
Gold Saint of Pisces

Just watched the first episode today and was left very unimpressed. Does it improve vastly from here on or should I not bother watching more?
ohtori_akio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 08:39   Link #950
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohtori_akio View Post
Just watched the first episode today and was left very unimpressed. Does it improve vastly from here on or should I not bother watching more?
First ep is merely an introduction to the main characters. Judging this show by that alone isn't doing it justice. Just like many other CLAMP shows, it takes a while for things to get underway.
Lord of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 09:15   Link #951
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Just like many other CLAMP shows, it takes a while for things to get underway.
Well it doesn't help that this wasn't really a CLAMP show.

But yeah watch a few more episodes to see what you think. It's nothing special, and if you want more magic to the series, read the manga.
Old 2010-04-21, 18:10   Link #952
Velsy

I just finished it.

Well 3/4th the way throught I was thinking around a 7 - 8. Now that I have finished it, I am going to be pondering on a 8 or 9. Will decide later when I think on it more I guess. I really liked the ending to be honest. It was heartwarming.

Would of liked to see more story on Ioryogi, what he was actually trying to do and more on his friends roles.

If you had watched the ending credits, you'll see that the bear, bird and whatever that thing was with the eye patch stayed the same because Ioryogi decided to stay in the human world and watch over the new Kobato as the same blue pushie/stuffed animal.

Thats all ^_^

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 04:01   Link #953
Skull Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Basically the writers didn't know what to do, so it left them out of the finale and focused on Kobato and Fujimoto. What we're meant to believe at the ending is that they all stay with their current life.
It's also possible that in another cliched turn, they wouldn't want to separate Ioryogi and Kobato. So they needed Ioryogi to reprise his role as Kobato's guradian. After all, he had grown exceedingly fond of his ward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Or gone back in time to when the granddaughter was conceived and got born into this world. Kobato has to be a minimum of 20 yo to inherit without a trustee imo.

Now the thing with Fujimoto is that he was already in law school during Kobato's 4 seasons. From this directory, it looks like Japanese law school starts in the university after high school. So he graduated at age 22, passed bar, 2 years of extra training (now 24 yo), pass another exam, and worked at a firm for 4 years (now 28 yo if he wasn't special and got out fast).

Lookin' good for an old man.
What about if Kobato was reborn the way she is ? We met her as she was in ep 1, all grown up. The only difference now is that she already has memories. You might think of it as a "reverse" of what happened when Kobato vanished --- her image on the pictures were gone, and all those who she helped don't remember her.

Now being reincarnated, everyone whom she should had a past, had their memories implanted, and their pictures inserted with Kobato. =)

Last edited by Pellissier; 2010-05-05 at 11:27. Reason: please use the "edit" or the "multiquote" button instead of double posting
Skull Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 12:18   Link #954
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post

Spoiler for ep24:

So overall, Kobato was a nice series that started out a little slow, but gradually grew on me until I started looking forward to it every week. Just thinking back to all the laughs and the tears accumulated through the episodes makes me wistful. I'm going to miss this series, most of all Kobato and that ever-radiant smile of her's.
I finally finished the series today, and agree pretty well with your thoughts on the ending, and series since I'm very glad my anime club tried xD, it was enjoyable. So even if it was bit cliche, it was still a great ending I give a 8/10 for being a solid series. I'll miss Kobato her cuteness, smile, and antics for sure.

Also I heard the second ED song's full version is coming out in a week, or so, anyone know if that's correct?
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 12:22   Link #955
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Also I heard the second ED song's full version is coming out in a week, or so, anyone know if that's correct?
Yeah it'll be featured on Megumi Nakajima's fist album which is released on the 9th.
Old 2010-06-23, 14:42   Link #956
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Just finished it. Although the series had a lot flaws, Kobato alone was enough for me to overlook them. God, she is just too adorable... she never failed to bring a smile to my face, and an anime that can make me smile so much (a rare occurrence) is a good one in my book. I'm going to miss her...

My thoughts about the ending are the same as Eater of All. Even though it was predictable, it was still quite moving. I could honestly care less about Fujimoto, but seeing Kobato happy makes me happy.

PS: Loved the twins too!
Old 2011-05-01, 11:23   Link #957
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

And licensed!
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 21:05   Link #958
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

This is so good its even worth it getting it sub only but it really needs to be dub
Old 2011-05-02, 20:38   Link #959
Kyuu
=^^=

If only Kobato wasn't so dimwitted... her character made this series comparable to trying to swallow bad medicine. And I haven't even finished yet.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-03, 11:22   Link #960
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
If only Kobato wasn't so dimwitted.
To me episode 13 was a gamechanger because it was kind of a wake up call for Kobato and that episode started a turnaround where she evolved a bit in the second half.

Tags
adventure, clamp, comedy, fantasy, romance, shounen