AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2003-12-19, 13:03   Link #1
SpikeSpencer
Friendly Neighborhood Nub

Send a message via AIM to SpikeSpencer
Unhappy RahXephon The Movie

Did I miss something with this one?... I thought I heard that ADV licensed RahXephon The Movie, but did it even reach the subbers. I watch the RahXephon series when it was a fub-sub and loved that version too much to change the characters now by resorting to the dubbed verson (if there is one) of the extension of the series. Can someone let me know what happened here?...was I asleep and missed an opportunity at it? ANN has its birth date at 4-30-03 and I havent even come across a broken link for it..nothing
SpikeSpencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-19, 13:15   Link #2
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Why bother fansubbing a movie that was licensed before it even went into theaters?

Also, I don't think the DVD of the movie is out yet in Japan, so even if a fansub group wanted to do it, they wouldn't have any material to work with.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-19, 13:57   Link #3
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
too much to change the characters now by resorting to the dubbed verson (if there is one) of the extension of the series.

What on earth are you talking about?

There's a dub, there almost always is. And since Raxhephon is only on DVD, you don't even have to watch it dubbed. There's a sub track and Japanese audio, watch that if you want to.
microlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-19, 14:16   Link #4
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@

The movie is now out on R2 DVD. I even had a copy of the raw movie for awhile, but I never got around to watching it and just deleted it because I knew I would never get it all anyways unsubbed. My Japanese isn't that good yet. =p
DrWho2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-19, 15:41   Link #5
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWho2002
The movie is now out on R2 DVD. I even had a copy of the raw movie for awhile, but I never got around to watching it and just deleted it because I knew I would never get it all anyways unsubbed. My Japanese isn't that good yet. =p
The RahXephon movie is simply a rehashing of the episodes, with one character removed, and they also tacked on an opening and maybe an ending of new material. Sort of a summary/prequel added version of the series, if you will.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-04, 03:55   Link #6
roguenoir
Rogue Member

I managed to obtain a French sub of the Rahxephon movie. B/C of these language issues, I didn't quite understand the ending.. anyone care to post some spoilers?
roguenoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-04, 04:22   Link #7
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

RehXephon Movie?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-04, 04:23   Link #8
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Rahxephon The Movie is already licensed by ADV. Another thread already exists about this movie here.

Thread closed.
Old 2004-03-04, 04:36   Link #9
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Nyah! Nyah! Your moderating skills are weak!

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 21:22   Link #10
Silver_Scorcher

RahXephon: Pluralitis Concentio (Movie)

Has anyone seen it? I have the DVD and after I watched it, I asked myself, what the fuck just happened? While 75% of the animation is recycled from the TV series, it's a completely different story. Certain events that occured in the TV series are either re-written in the movie, or don't happen at all. Relationships between the characters are different as well, and certain characters who died at the end of the series don't die until Ayato tunes the world. Personally, I think if you haven't seen the series and watched the movie, you won't be lost at all. If you watch the movie after seeing the TV series, I guarantee you that you'll be wondering what the hell is going on. By far, RahXephon is my favorite series at this point, and while I liked the movie, I found the original story to be way better than the movie.
Silver_Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 21:30   Link #11
xDxpxOoO

hey... I really want the RahXephon files.... where can i get all the files to it???? i love it too....
xDxpxOoO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 21:38   Link #12
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDxpxOoO
hey... I really want the RahXephon files.... where can i get all the files to it???? i love it too....
http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/cat...em/63068/4/0/0
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 21:50   Link #13
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

to be honest, I don't like the RahXephon movie. I love the TV series much better. They buthered the love story plot in the TV series and put some very weird EVA clone stuff in the movie, and a lot of the new/modified elements in the movie are for the worse imo.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-12, 00:04   Link #14
kujoe
from head to heel

If you've watched the series, the movie would feel like a supplementary that filled in the holes of the series from a different perspective. You get to see some of Ayato's past more clearly, and you get to see certain events that are not in the series that could've happened. (just 1 or 2 I think...)

Anyway, I still like the series more despite the number of characters and subplots it had--but I also like the movie for its twist in the end.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-02, 01:04   Link #15
Fronzel
Schmuck

RahXephon Movie audio error

Anime on DVD's Glitch Disc segment lists this problem for RahXephon movie;

"On the Japanese 5.1 track for the first half or so of the movie, all the dialog was coming from the front right channel and not the front center channel. At chapter 5, the japanese audio sounded the way it should - dialog back to center and right surround back to the correct volume."

I have the movie, but I don't have any audio set-up of consequence. How can I tell if I have a flawed disc?
Fronzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-02, 02:01   Link #16
kujoe
from head to heel

Yes, I have heard of this and I did get the same problem, so I notified ADV and got a replacement for it. Heck, I'm surprised that they mailed me a copy since I live outside the US. I wish I could say the same about my GITS: SAC SE Vol.1.

From what I've heard, almost everyone--if not all--got the same glitch. If you are able to, you might want to play your copy on a friend's 5.1 setup just to make sure. However, it's also possible that they've remedied the problem by now, so if you bought your copy just recently then maybe there's really no problem. Don't take my word for it though.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-02, 06:19   Link #17
oDin01

I have the RahXephon Movie and you need an audio system to really tell that the Japanese audio is ****** up. I couldn't even finish the movie cause there was no way I was going to watch it dubbed. It's a good thing ADV's replacement program was very easy.
oDin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-02, 12:13   Link #18
Fronzel
Schmuck

I preordered it to get the new box, so I guess I probably have the bad disc. I guess I'll just ask for a new one.
Old 2004-11-02, 17:38   Link #19
philupthetank86

Send a message via AIM to philupthetank86 Send a message via MSN to philupthetank86 Send a message via Yahoo to philupthetank86
im going to buy this DVD, so it is relevent that i speak in this thread.

i bought the volume 2 of Rahxephon for 5 bucks at k mart.

and i listened to the dubbed version... its not that bad,,, even though i totally prefure the japanese voice talent.

right now im downloading the movie, ive seen half of it already, but if its good. then im going to buy it.
philupthetank86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-03, 00:04   Link #20
Fronzel
Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by philupthetank86
right now im downloading the movie, ive seen half of it already, but if its good. then im going to buy it.
Well, you didn't say anything relevent, and now you're downloading what you shouldn't.