AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-14, 19:29   Link #41
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
I don't know about that, the only ones to be sure operating in front half are Moria and Croc. Moria because of the Thriller Bark and Croc, who himself mentioned before time skip that it's had been a while.

Other than that there is no hints to suggest either way. I mean Mihawk was shown in that meeting with Shanks who is in NW and we know at least Hancock has Haki and Mihawk is a good bet since Vista was shown be able to use.

But Shikibukai's job is to offer loots to WG. So instead of looting Yonkou in NW, first half of GL is definitely an easier place to make their money.

Haki is special, but not that special, I mean technically all VA and above knows Haki yet no one noticed Luffy's group in Summit War until until they are raining un top of them and same thing with BB when they showed up.

You have to have really master CoO to actually sense things that far unless you are special like Aisha or Otohime who are just gifted with that ability. It's not usually not an automatic thing considering that both Enel and Boa sister needs to concentrate to use it.
I think the shichibukai are there for loot and to do odd jobs for the government and offer them additional military power against the pirates and the yonkou. Haki however is not that common among them, at least it isn't mentioned. List of shichibukai:

Donflamingo - CoA, since he was able to stop crocodile with his foot during the war.

Blackbeard - Have not seen.

Crocodile - Have not seen.

Hancock - CoC.

Kuma - Have not seen.

Jinbe - Have not seen. Not sure here.

Law - Have not seen.

Mihawk - Have not seen.

Moriah - Have not seen.

That being said, it is the New World so haki may be more of the norm since there will be more activity here. Mihawk did meet shanks regarding luffy's bounty increase.

Agreed with the point on "noticing" when people are around. Not noticing doesn't mean no haki. This is a specific type of haki, CoO I think.

Haki isn't necessary when fighting logia though, it depends on the type of power one possesses. Without a devil fruit its probably necessity. But with one, then it depends on your own power.
Old 2012-03-14, 19:31   Link #42
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Paradox 13
Your talking about an Island with people using it. How long have they been using it. We know law did not have Haki before the two years. Undertaker also mention that difficulty of using the Haki. If this takes time to use and understand then how far along is Law if he has it? Second Luffy already and natural talent for Haki and he had a teacher who had a solid understanding of haki. So his two years of training is reasonable. If Law did not have someone who trained him the he might be learning like everyone else, by experience.

Second It not weather Law is smart or not, its weather he has the luxury of avoiding the fight or not.
Old 2012-03-14, 19:33   Link #43
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
All the inhabitants of Amazon Lily had the ability to imbue weapons with haki, it is really not that special of a power, just allows you to stand a chance against logia.

Besides just because the old Shichibukai hadn't shown the ability to use haki doesn't mean that they aren't able to. There was no need for them to use haki against Luffy's crew now was there?

We know Hancock and Mihawk can, both Jimbei and Doflamingo most likely could. I'm guessing Law is one of the more powerful members of the Shichibukai considering his former bounty and his status as a former Supernova and fan favourite.

Moreover he would not have started a fight against Smoker if he did not have Haki.. hes not an idiot.
It's possible he has it, but its not necessary. His ability could give him an edge when fighting logias, so starting a fight with smoker doesn't mean he has CoA. Agreed haki is not *that* special but not everyone has to have it.

Most of the old shichibukai didn't demonstrate having it and yes with most of the action it probably wasn't necessary anyways. So maybe in the new world it becomes more popular, but I think those that possess it will need it to add robustness to their fighting options.
Old 2012-03-14, 20:01   Link #44
Jouten

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Paradox 13
Your talking about an Island with people using it. How long have they been using it. We know law did not have Haki before the two years. Undertaker also mention that difficulty of using the Haki. If this takes time to use and understand then how far along is Law if he has it? Second Luffy already and natural talent for Haki and he had a teacher who had a solid understanding of haki. So his two years of training is reasonable. If Law did not have someone who trained him the he might be learning like everyone else, by experience.

Second It not weather Law is smart or not, its weather he has the luxury of avoiding the fight or not.
I agree with this. If Law has Haki equal to or even better than Luffy we have been trolled, majorly trolled, because that would mean Luffy's whole training was pointless, if someone on about the same level can pick that skill up incidentally, Luffy would've been better off getting taught the basics of Haki within a few weeks and the immediately go to the New World and train his skills there. The most Law should have is a rough grasp what Haki is, but he shouldn't be able to effectivly use it in battle.

Law most likely doesn't posess Haki. He will have to figure out another way to beat Smoker. I think Law will figure something out, to get out of this, or he will be saved by some other disturbance.
Old 2012-03-14, 21:29   Link #45
AdventSleeper

Oh god, the Franky dance and the marines' reactions was just LOLworthy..

Fun chapter, looking forward to see the explanation behind this place.
Old 2012-03-14, 23:15   Link #46
Valky
Radioactive

I don't think Shichibukai job is to loot or do odd jobs.

Shichibukai is an elite unite for the WG respond only to the WG. The looting is more like a tribute/contribution the Shichibukai made to the WG so they could keep the Shichibukai title and privileges.

Well, aside from giving those contributions to the WG their other purpose is basically to maintain the balance between the three big forces ( Yonkou - Marines - Shichibukai ).

Although Kuma might be an exception since he was basically the WG pawn, presumably because of some contracts that was made.
Old 2012-03-14, 23:38   Link #47
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Good ol Smokey. This should be an interesting little quarrel, Smoker's true merit will be tested this arc, since I'm sure we will see him take a few haki blows, but like others have said, he probably knows how to use it as well and even if he doesn't, there's still the sea stone jutte he carries.

In fact, I could see Smoker ending Law's room with the Jutte if no one interferes before hand, or Law can't fend Smoker off himself.

Also... It seems inevitable now. Kung Fu Chopper vs Beppo!

Last edited by Tommy; 2012-03-14 at 23:49.
Old 2012-03-15, 01:49   Link #48
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgo13 View Post
I think the shichibukai are there for loot and to do odd jobs for the government and offer them additional military power against the pirates and the yonkou. Haki however is not that common among them, at least it isn't mentioned. List of shichibukai:

Donflamingo - CoA, since he was able to stop crocodile with his foot during the war.

Blackbeard - Have not seen.

Crocodile - Have not seen.

Hancock - CoC.

Kuma - Have not seen.

Jinbe - Have not seen. Not sure here.

Law - Have not seen.

Mihawk - Have not seen.

Moriah - Have not seen.

That being said, it is the New World so haki may be more of the norm since there will be more activity here. Mihawk did meet shanks regarding luffy's bounty increase.

Agreed with the point on "noticing" when people are around. Not noticing doesn't mean no haki. This is a specific type of haki, CoO I think.

Haki isn't necessary when fighting logia though, it depends on the type of power one possesses. Without a devil fruit its probably necessity. But with one, then it depends on your own power.
Which is true, yet at same time it also means that there is no proof that those Shikibukai do possess haki.

BTW, Hancock at least is confirmed of CoA as well when she kicked the crap out of Smoker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jouten View Post
I agree with this. If Law has Haki equal to or even better than Luffy we have been trolled, majorly trolled, because that would mean Luffy's whole training was pointless, if someone on about the same level can pick that skill up incidentally, Luffy would've been better off getting taught the basics of Haki within a few weeks and the immediately go to the New World and train his skills there. The most Law should have is a rough grasp what Haki is, but he shouldn't be able to effectivly use it in battle.

Law most likely doesn't posess Haki. He will have to figure out another way to beat Smoker. I think Law will figure something out, to get out of this, or he will be saved by some other disturbance.
That I would agree,

I doubt the level and mastery of Haki is definitely debatable.
Old 2012-03-15, 09:35   Link #49
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
No, as in the English word "room" would require stretch mark in katakana, effectively being the third syllable.
And that has never been used in DF name patterns.
It has always consistently been two simple quick syllables.

Heya IS room. And it fits the pattern perfectly.
If heya or room is to be used, there's absolutely no need for Oda to choose room instead, and break its naming pattern.

Although I think ope-ope no mi is more likely.

Ah, okay then, I understand. Thanks for clarifying that, then. In that case I'll take your word for it and assume that your name suggestions are more likely, as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
I'm still wondering how Law in involve in this place. Right it seemed that he could be the man responsible for all the mystical creatures with his surgeon skill, but what happened to his other comrades like Bepo, Jean Bart, Shachi, and Penguin?

Yeah, I'm curious about his crew, as well (especially Bepo). Moria and Hancock already proved that it's not necessary for a pirate to ditch their crew in order to be granted amnesty, so it's odd to see that Law is apparently alone so far. I mean, of course those guys could still be around the island somewhere, but one would think that they'd at least be close by, especially with all the crazy dangerous stuff going on at that place.....

As for the haki argument, I don't really feel like getting into that now (we have enough of those as it is), but as I said before, Law possessing it should be very much plausible since it's basically a "minimum requirement" of sorts for those who want to conquer the NW. That being said, just being capable of using haki alone doesn't guarantee a victory against Smoker (who, being a VA, should have acquired a certain degree of aptitude for that power, as well.....).

And back to the frozen prisoners: I think the idea of them being the pirates whose hearts were sent to the WG is an interesting idea as well, along with them being the level 6 prisoners from Impel Down. In fact, Law volunteering to hunt down those monsters would be more than good enough reason for him to be granted amnesty. Of course, that's only considering this theory is proven to be correct.....
Old 2012-03-15, 09:47   Link #50
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgo13 View Post
Doflamingo's foot clashed against Croc's hook, which doesn't really prove the former has CoA because the hook is tangible to begin with. His decapitation technique also didn't work on Croc's logia intangibility.

-----

Looks like Law really upgraded his "room" technique. Another thing to note is that he used the finger with "T" on it to use his "Tact" move. I won't be surprised in the slightest if he has a move for each letter of the word "DEATH".
Old 2012-03-15, 09:50   Link #51
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Looks like Law really upgraded his "room" technique. Another thing to note is that he used the finger with "T" on it to use his "Tact" move. I won't be surprised in the slightest if he has a move for each letter of the word "DEATH".

So.... what letter in "DEATH" does "shambles" start with?
Old 2012-03-15, 09:54   Link #52
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
So.... what letter in "DEATH" does "shambles" start with?
I thought about this too. Shambles could just be another move outside of Law's 5 main weapons of doom . Perhaps using his "Tact" move while lifting up his "T" finger is coincidental, but it's something to think about .
Old 2012-03-15, 10:08   Link #53
golgo13

Quote:
Doflamingo's foot clashed against Croc's hook, which doesn't really prove the former has CoA because the hook is tangible to begin with. His decapitation technique also didn't work on Croc's logia intangibility.

-----

Yep you are right about Doflamingo. Chapter 566, pg 7.

Not sure about the finger idea, what about the 'S' for Shambles?
Old 2012-03-15, 11:44   Link #54
Undertaker

Quote:
I thought about this too. Shambles could just be another move outside of Law's 5 main weapons of doom . Perhaps using his "Tact" move while lifting up his "T" finger is coincidental, but it's something to think about .
I was thinking the same thing. that frame realy seem to suggest that the power is connect to the letter.

BTW if that thought turns out correct, who wants to see him use the "A" finger?
Old 2012-03-15, 21:56   Link #55
golgo13

Anyone else notice Sanji wasn't holding the head when the crew + kids left the scene? Also no reaction to Law from the head..
Old 2012-03-15, 22:14   Link #56
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
He has the luxury; you may not have noticed, but Law is now a member of the Shichibukai. As a member of the Shichibukai, he is possesses immunity from assault from the Marines.

Quote:
If he didn't have haki he would not have tried to fight Smoker.
Old 2012-03-16, 10:43   Link #57
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
He has the luxury; you may not have noticed, but Law is now a member of the Shichibukai. As a member of the Shichibukai, he is possesses immunity from assault from the Marines.

It's not exactly absolute immunity, though. After all, if Smoker is able to confirm that Law is up to something fishy at PH (and frankly, it's hard not to suspect him of something considering all the strange stuff we've seen at the island so far), then he'll be be free to (pardon the pun) smoke him out as he wishes.....

BTW, something I meant to address before: I saw some people mention how strange it was that Law seemed unable to sense the Straw-Hats' presence at PH if he were capable of using haki. Thing is, Rayleigh already pointed out during his lecture that some people are better-adapted to one form of haki over another, so his CoO ability may not be all that great if he really couldn't sense Luffy and co. on the island.....
Old 2012-03-16, 14:07   Link #58
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

^
But in order to use it like Luffy, Shanks, Rayleigh, and other strong haki users, you have to know what you are doing, awareness of its existence, and have a concept of it. Luffy before his training used the king haki out of a fit. He didn't even know he had it. It would be like giving a medieval knight a gun and not telling him how to use it or what it is for. The knight might throw the gun at his enemy or charge and use it has a melee weapon. But if you train him and teach him how to hide behind the objects and shoot the gun then he becomes lethal. If Law has not had the extensive training or even aware of Haki that Luffy has had then I don't see Law pulling some major haki abilities unless he had someone with solid understanding in haki train him. If anyone among the Supernovas and the Rookie marines who going to be on par with Luffy with haki after the two year time skip I think Coby and X Drake will be.
Old 2012-03-16, 14:11   Link #59
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
If Law has not had the extensive training or even aware of Haki that Luffy has had then I don't see Law pulling some major haki abilities unless he had someone with solid understanding in haki train him. If anyone among the Supernovas and the marines who going to be on par with Luffy with haki after the two year time skip I think Coby and X Drake will be.
Again I reiterate that I believe Law can use haki to a certain extent, probably not on the same level as Luffy, but at least decent enough to be able to stand a chance against Smoker.
Old 2012-03-16, 14:16   Link #60
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

^
What evidence do we have that Law knows haki? Coby at least has Garp, X Drake was a former Rear Admiral in the Marines, and Luffy had Rayleigh. All the people I have named at least have resources they can go to. If Law has Haki it will not be has extensive or even effective enough to use in battle like Luffy's haki.
Closed Thread