Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Tell me about it

Me: I am sorry to tell you that Okouchi has stated that Lelouch is dead
Fan in denial: Prove it
Me: I just did, Okouchi wrote and created Code Geass
FiD: Who cares what Okouchi did, prove it
Me: Why don't you prove Okouchi wrong
FiD: I don't have to, the anime proves me right, and so you have to prove me wrong
Me: Huh
you don't seem to understand,Lelouch(sama)is no any other anime character;he has long surpassed okouchi:don't you know what happenned to the auteur of sherlock homes when he tried to kill him?and sherlok didn't even have geass.
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 21:28   Link #3162
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by azziz View Post
you don't seem to understand,Lelouch(sama)is no any other anime character;he has long surpassed okouchi:don't you know what happenned to the auteur of sherlock homes when he tried to kill him?and sherlok didn't even have geass.
please tell me this is some kind of joke
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 21:37   Link #3163
Lelouch71
Black Angel

If Sunrise is greedy which they are they could always bring Lelouch back but set in a different universe or create a new main character who's very similar to Lelouch in personality. They have other ways around bringing Lelouch back without retconning the ending if they want to do it.
Lelouch71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 22:21   Link #3164
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
Quote:
please tell me this is some kind of joke
Random troll IMO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelouch71 View Post
If Sunrise is greedy which they are they could always bring Lelouch back but set in a different universe or create a new main character who's very similar to Lelouch in personality. They have other ways around bringing Lelouch back without retconning the ending if they want to do it.
We actually don't need another lelouch character or Lelouch himself.
linkinstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 22:23   Link #3165
stardrago

So, anything new about the next picture drama, or pictures yet?
stardrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-03, 22:22   Link #3166
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Can Code Geass be considered to be a masterpiece? It is great anime to watch but I feel as that it could have been especially with the other half of R2 and the characters themselves. I felt as though that Code Geass could have used some more character development especially with Marianne, Knight of Rounds, Suzaku, C.C. and Kallen but although the time slot conflict caused the story to be somewhat convoluted, I still think that it is a great anime but as a whole series I wouldn't consider it a masterpiece. I wish the director Okouchi has his way with the show and did it with the same flair as he did season one but that is story for another time I suppose.
Old 2009-01-03, 22:30   Link #3167
Haku-Men
Banned

Location: depths of Kagutsuchi where the Sheol Gate is located
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
Can Code Geass be considered to be a masterpiece? It is great anime to watch but I feel as that it could have been especially with the other half of R2 and the characters themselves. I felt as though that Code Geass could have used some more character development especially with Marianne, Knight of Rounds, Suzaku, C.C. and Kallen but although the time slot conflict caused the story to be somewhat convoluted, I still think that it is a great anime but as a whole series I wouldn't consider it a masterpiece. I wish the director Okouchi has his way with the show and did it with the same flair as he did season one but that is story for another time I suppose.
Code geass is a anime series with a very good idea, but totally ruined by marketing, fanservice, trainwrecks, a lot of secondary stories never closed and a lot of questions without answers. It's far from a masterpiece or great for that matter the best to sum it up is a guilty pleasure for that you can't stop watching but it'll be forgotten until the next BIG thing Sunrise can pull out of it's ass comes out. BTW Okouchi is the writer and Taniguichi is the director.
Haku-Men is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-04, 01:37   Link #3168
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Won't be a masterpiece considering the last half of R2 in general. It just didn't feel complete at the end. I remember watching the end of season 1 and I was expecting it to continue where it left off it. One of my friends were confused with turn 1 of R2. He thought he missed a few episodes. Many characters were just not handed properly. The two characters that were getting developed the most was Lelouch and arguably Kallen.

I think Suzaku's character was fine(though he was pretty one minded for most of R2) since season 1 did a good job on him. However, C.C definitely took a back seat in R2. What was up with that. The other characters like Marianne, Charles and Xingke needed more time, the KOR didn't even seem important at all really. There are many other things wrong with R2 like plot holes among other things but in general I thought it was a great anime. Not too many animes out there get me hooked nowadays.

Last edited by SonOfHeaven; 2009-01-04 at 02:46. Reason: grammar
SonOfHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-04, 01:51   Link #3169
Xander

I'm not going to argue it is a masterpiece, nah, but I don't feel "guilty" either. R2 turned out to be worse than it could have been, yes, but I think some people bash the show too blindly. Even in its current form R2 wasn't totally ruined, in my opinion that is an exaggeration from Mahakala.

Fanservice is a minor complaint, I don't think that really mattered in the long run. Marketing is a little more important, though that is something which affects other shows as well, but it did create problems, mainly because of the time slot move.

Most of the plot holes and twists are procedural problems (how X happened or why Y wasn't explained enough), not things of substance. I think that the secondary stories that mattered the most were in fact closed, with maybe one exception. Charles got plenty of time and I am fine with his character as is. Marianne's problem is that she came back and went out too quickly. Xingke should have been more active as a leader, especially during the final battle, but his own character arc was already finished. The only big deal left for him was, optionally, dying. The Knights of the Round could have been used more, but they were never important, I don't think they were necessary in the first place.

C.C. has less screen time too but her own plot line was also advanced in its own way and, together with her previous development, I think her relationship with Lelouch was fine. She was his partner and the person who, other than Suzaku at the end, understood him the most and she learned to appreciate her humanity. Keep in mind the ending of the series was never planned to be a "romantic end" or something.

The main plot, which was Lelouch's rebellion, is done and I am happy with its conclusion without having to speak of feeling "guilty" or anything like that. The questions left (C.C.'s name, the origin of Geass) are mostly due to the audience's curiosity and previous expectations. Geass was a tool for Lelouch, one which cursed him (or he cursed himself with it, to be more exact), but it wasn't the point of the show. That was his rise and fall.

Last edited by Xander; 2009-01-04 at 02:04.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-04, 02:09   Link #3170
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

I guess from my stand point. I agree with Marianne going out to quickly was the issue. With Charles I would have liked to know more about the geass from his POV. Since he would have to know a few things about it. Xingke, I was expecting to see more out of him ever since I heard he was like as smart and as good in a KMF as Lelouch and Suzaku. With C.C, like with Charles wanted more info on the origin of the codes and geass. I don't know who even was expecting an romantic end in this series. Wasn't a big concern for Lelouch himself.

But of course for Lelouch his story was resolved.
Old 2009-01-04, 02:44   Link #3171
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
Won't be a masterpiece considering the last half of R2 in general. It just didn't feel complete at the end. I remember watching the end of season 1 and I was expecting it to continue where it left off it. One of my friends were confused with turn 1 of R2. He thought he missed a few episodes. Many characters were just not handed properly. The two characters that were getting developed the most Lelouch and arguably Kallen.

I think Suzaku's character was fine(though he was pretty one minded for most of R2) since season 1 did a good job on him. However, C.C definitely took a back seat in R2. What was up with that. The other characters like Marianne, Charles and Xingke needed more time, the KOR didn't even seem important at all really. There are many other things wrong with R2 like plot holes among other things but in general I thought it was a great anime. Not too many animes out there get me hooked nowadays.
I do agree somewhat. Xingke seems unfinished for me. I mean he had a damn death flag for every episode this season, and yet mysteriously survived till the end without much fuss about his blood coughing thing.
Kallen too was promised a much more thorough background (her father was supposed to be a central figure in R2 but didn't appear at all). While it was good to see her developed much in R2 (to the fact that she finally got to see the real Lelouch vi Britannia and understood why he left her out at the end) there was much more that could have been done.
Trainwreck and all, it was a good series, but comparing to other series this season (for example 00), it could have been done better
linkinstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-04, 03:10   Link #3172
Nobodyman9
Banned

The thing about Code Geass is that when it's good, it's really good. But then sometimes it'll stink up the joint...well, at least it'll have somewhat nonsencial plot progression and lack of development for characters. Therefore, I too would not classify this as a masterpiece, but it's still a pretty great series. Animes that I would classify as "masterpieces" would include Cowboy Bebop, Neon Genesis Evangelion, and Dragonball. Death Note is close, very close, to being a masterpiece, but it loses some points for the second half. I'd say Code Geass is a step below Death Note in my book.

BTW, I can't help but think we might be going OT. Shouldn't this be in the Code Geass R2 Overall Thoughts thread?

Oh, and here's a question. Does anyone else think it's a bit odd that Nunnally didn't really Lelouch was Zero sooner? It's said that when a person loses one sense, their other senses become more keen to make up for it. And it's not like Lelouch made any major effort to disguise his voice. Plus, if Nunnally is intuitive enough to tell if a person is lying just by holding their hand, shouldn't she be able to recognize people by voice? Or am I missing something?
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-04, 03:16   Link #3173
stardrago

I realy do hope they make a new season/series, but that would take maybe 2-3 years for production or a green-light and maybe another 2 years to complete the episodes.
For me; the show starts 5 years after R2; a enemy appears and has a power that was an enemy to the Code/Geass long before CC knew about it and a revive Lelouch; but his soul is gone and replaced with the entity that faced the new enemy before and chosed Lelouch's body because his body had the Geass's full potential and has white hair (which was the original plan for Lelouch before they change it to black) and red eyes and maybe a bit more tanner skin.
stardrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-04, 03:58   Link #3174
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahakala View Post
Code geass is a anime series with a very good idea, but totally ruined by marketing, fanservice, trainwrecks, a lot of secondary stories never closed and a lot of questions without answers. It's far from a masterpiece or great for that matter the best to sum it up is a guilty pleasure for that you can't stop watching but it'll be forgotten until the next BIG thing Sunrise can pull out of it's ass comes out. BTW Okouchi is the writer and Taniguichi is the director.
That's my feelings as well

Okouchi and Taniguchi had a good idea, show the rise and spiritual fall of Lelouch Vi Britannia, while Lelouch becomes more and more powerful he does more and more horrible things to the point where in an attempt to redeem himself he orders his own death.

The problem is that they felt this need to make Lelouch EPIC! Instead of being an intelligent, competent leader, his a SUPER GENIUS whose the only thing stopping Brtiannia from WORLD DOMINATION! The only member of the Black Knights who isn't useless is Kallen, and the rest might as well not even exist since their only used as cannon fodder. When he does die his death is so EPIC that the entire world stops fighting, and embraces peace

Since Code Geass was popular they needed more EPIC MECHAS so its revealed that Britannia has an ELITE squad of the TEN BEST MECHA PILOTS in the entire Empire. Of course their simply used as Elite mooks, and by the end their not even that. The KoR never get any character development, so each of them can be described with "(adjective) Enemy" like how Gino is the Friendly Enemy, Bismarck is the Noble Enemy, or Dorothea is the Black Enemy.

They also created really idiotic fanservice, the worst being the scene where Villeta bitches about how she can't believe she let Shirley talk her into wearing a swimsuit that is basically a small piece of cloth and some string. It's basically the type of swimsuit you wear if your trying to have sex on the beach.

Its also got other moments of poor writing like the fact that Lelouch tops himself by GEASSING GOD! After that Schneizel stopped being seen as a threat. The only real drama in the final episode is the Kallen vs. Suzaku, and Lelouch's death.

In a couple of months we went from "Greatest Anime series of all times" to "its worse than the first season".
Old 2009-01-04, 04:07   Link #3175
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

I would think Nunnally should have realized that Lelouch was Zero much sooner. But I'll give her a benefit of a doubt I suppose since no one else realized it.

Regarding on a sequel. Depends whether or not Sunrise believes they need Lelouch in order to make a new CG series(this would have to get planned properly) or movie(I'm all for a movie) successful. They could just go with an AU of the series like the manga. Just keep all the MC's in character or more or less the same but in a different setting. And get rid of some of those minor characters while their at it (KOR in particular, they were ridiculous especially Gino).
Old 2009-01-04, 04:19   Link #3176
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
I would think Nunnally should have realized that Lelouch was Zero much sooner. But I'll give her a benefit of a doubt I suppose since no one else realized it.
Well that's just it. Nunnally especially should have realized it, being blind and him being the closest person to her. But I guess it's not her fault (it's the writers' fault)
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-04, 04:25   Link #3177
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Well that's just it. Nunnally especially should have realized it, being blind and him being the closest person to her. But I guess it's not her fault (it's the writers' fault)
That, and the fact that Lelouch Lamperouge, and Nunnaly Lamperouge look like a grown up version of the missing Lelouch Vi Britannia, and Nunnaly Vi Britannia, makes me want to choke the cast.

Especially Suzaku who spends the entire first half of season 2 wondering whether or not a guy who act, and sounds exactly like Lelouch is in fact Lelouch.
Old 2009-01-04, 04:28   Link #3178
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
I was thinking after turn 6 she could have somewhat realized Zero was Lelouch. Particularly when Suzaku rescued her and she looked back at Lelouch.
Old 2009-01-04, 05:28   Link #3179
azul120

Quote:
That, and the fact that Lelouch Lamperouge, and Nunnaly Lamperouge look like a grown up version of the missing Lelouch Vi Britannia, and Nunnaly Vi Britannia, makes me want to choke the cast.

Especially Suzaku who spends the entire first half of season 2 wondering whether or not a guy who act, and sounds exactly like Lelouch is in fact Lelouch.
Suzaku knew it was Lelouch. The only thing he didn't know was whether or not he had regained his memories.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-04, 06:57   Link #3180
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Suzaku knew it was Lelouch. The only thing he didn't know was whether or not he had regained his memories.
If Suzaku knew that Zero was Lelouch than it would be a given that his memories are back.

How else would Lelouch be able to lead the Black Knights?