AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-07-05, 06:12   Link #141
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Yes she is. She's called Shiori Teshirogi. Which is why it's no wonder that the character design tends to depict the males most as bishounen, hehe.
And I wouldn't say that there's a lot of "male-oriented" fanservice. If you had to consider it from a girl's perspective there's much more female-oriented fanservice considering the abundance of good-looking men, sometime engaging in "weird" discussions (think of Kardia's ones...).

Last edited by Shinndou; 2009-07-05 at 06:22.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 06:13   Link #142
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Just to let you know Albafica, even if it's in spoiler tags, manga spoilers aren't allowed. Please edit that post.
Old 2009-07-05, 06:24   Link #143
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Agreed, you're going a bit too far with the spoilers, Albafica.
Old 2009-07-05, 06:41   Link #144
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Oh sorry, I didn't know! Ok I must say that I didn't read rules ^^. I'm going too far in spoiler (and perhaps too far with these shi!?! images -_-), i stop it!

Yeah there are some bishonen in Lost Canvas, but there are some fanservice on female character too! But I hate that in a fight with a woman, we must see a shot with her boobs, her pants or other things like that , it killed the atmosphere! I'm ok with a bit fan service because it's cool to see boobs sometimes , but not too frequently

Well Shiori wants to have a larger readership (bishonen+ecchi=epic today no? >_<), but well i'm not fan of that!
Old 2009-07-05, 07:31   Link #145
Jehuty

Oh, I meant to say I saw it on this one:

Spoiler for I'll just post a link instead of the image itself:

if you notice it's all the way to the left. I think that's Cygnus!!

There's already some Lost Canvas Saint Cloth Myth coming out. I preordered the one of Tenma already. I have all 12 Gold Saints and preordered Shun's Kamui cloth. I have Seiya's too. I guess I'll just rename it to Tenma :P

Does anyone know why they switched Seiya's original Seiyuu (lol pun?) with Ichigo's? I mean, he's an okay Seiya... but nothing beats the original. Then again, he's also Casshern. xD
Old 2009-07-05, 08:48   Link #146
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Because the cast of the original VAs would be made of geezers?
Joking aside, I guess they took the opportunity to use the current good and "young" VA's for the saints in Lost Canvas. I would have done the same, honestly.
Old 2009-07-05, 10:48   Link #147
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Oh yeah, you're right about the image, it looks like Cygnus cloth ^^. Well, and you can saw an Indian Cloth .
When you look at this image, it looks like pokemons attack Shion...

About seiyuu in Hades Inferno/Elysion, it's because Kurumada changes the staff of Saint Seiya/Hades sanctuary. Like I said before, Kurumada didn't like Tenkai movie so he dismiss the staff and take a new for Saint Seiya Inferno and Elysion. So we have news VA for bronze saints. What an idiot... With Toei Unanimation, he killed his work! He took Masakazu Morita who does Ryuji Takane in Ring ni kakero. He took Marina Del Ray from Ring ni kakero to Hades Inferno/Elysion... What the hell is that .

VA of Inferno/Elysion is not very good in my opinion. Well Ichigo's voice is OK with Seiya but OMG with Shun's voice. I don't like him before, but with this voice, I can't bear him anymore.
Old 2009-07-05, 18:19   Link #148
Used Can

The original Saint Seiya didn't have too much fanservice either. Anyway, I think Sasha, Yuzuriha and Pandora are more than enough to please me.
Old 2009-07-05, 22:05   Link #149
solarknight123

You know I think it's cool that we see some girls get some cool action scenes in lost canvas, esp LC's Athena. It's too bad the original Saint Seiya didn't have that. There were some few (by that I mean like 2) cool females like Marin and Shina (wow those are about the only ones LOL), but they didn't get enough action. Let's hope LC will give these girls some more good action roles.
Old 2009-07-05, 23:31   Link #150
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

I have to say that The Lost Canvas has a better story from what I got in the manga. The story progresses instead of just having the saints fight their enemies to save Athena. The gold saints are considerably more interesting as well since they get a fair share of the spot light and the author goes pretty in depth about what they are like. Also, it can't hurt that Sasha is so much more pleasing to the eye than Saori XD
Old 2009-07-06, 01:04   Link #151
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albafica View Post
But you're right, in Lost Canvas, gold saints are given the respect they deserve. Well in Hades sanctuary, in a certain way, we can say that they are given this respect (Mu was incredible). Gold Saints fights for justice too in Saint Seiya G (Deathmask, Aphrodite no, of course ) but yeah it's quite different (chara design, plot).
Mmm... Actually they do fight for Justice (DM and Aphro)... even if it's not really the same one as the other gold saints, those two have they're own sight of Justice and followed Saga because they saw him able to lead them in that way.
Blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 03:07   Link #152
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
I have to say that The Lost Canvas has a better story from what I got in the manga. The story progresses instead of just having the saints fight their enemies to save Athena. The gold saints are considerably more interesting as well since they get a fair share of the spot light and the author goes pretty in depth about what they are like. Also, it can't hurt that Sasha is so much more pleasing to the eye than Saori XD
I agree, the story in LC is better than the original. Don't get me wrong I love the orignal saint seiya, but you have to admit it is repetitive when the 3 saga, (4 in the anime) were all about "rescuing athena"
Old 2009-07-06, 12:32   Link #153
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Yeah Saint Seiya original haven't fan service, it's cool. But there are no good female character in it, in my opinion. I like Pandora and Shaina but they don't do a lot of things. In Lost Canvas, female characters do more things, like Yuzuriha or Sasha (a bit...).

Yuzuriha is one of my best character of Lost canvas, she's cool, good nature, have nice technique (well with some fan service). I love her . But I hope her final fight will not be sully by too much fan service, it will killed the atmosphere and I don't like it! Like I said before, a bit fanservice is OK, but too much, NO NO NO

I want to see more female character in Lost Canvas, but there is no need of fanservice to be cool! Ok Yuzuriha is so hot... .
Stop that Shiori please!!

If you speak about the background of Saint Seiya original anime, I think it's deeper than the lost canvas background. If you take Asgard Arc, characters are awesome. I think they have the deeper background of Saint Seiya.
What I like in Saint Seiya original is his no manichaeism (in a certain way). In Lost Canvas, there is too much dualism: good (Athena side)/bad (hades side).

In Saint Seiya: arc sanctuary => there is good and bad in gold saints: Mu/Dokho/Camus and bad like Deathmask/Aphrodite for example.

Asgard arc => All characters of Asgard have his story which explain his behaviour. Look at Siegfried, Hegen or Mime (i love him)!

Poseidon: No comment, I hate this arc!

Hades/Sanctuary: Gold Saints vs Gold Saints...
Hades Inferno/Elysion: I hate this arc too ^^.

The line between good and bad is not as strong as it is in Lost Canvas in my opinion. Well in last chapters of Lost Canvas, it seems to change a bit...

About Aphrodite and Deathmask, you're right about their fight for justice. They have a different representation of justice.

Old 2009-07-06, 16:12   Link #154
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Albafica, please no more scans from the manga, they're spoilers.
Old 2009-07-06, 16:54   Link #155
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
I think that names and characters from LC most of you (including myself to be fair) are using in discussions should be wrapped in spoiler tags as well from now on, especially for ones who didn't appear in anime yet as it will ruin to those people who aren't reading manga.

In my opinion I mostly judge character by it's personality because strength isn't everything. I can favor a certain character in anime/manga even if he/she didn't fight well or at all, or simply didn't have any impact on the story. But their opinions on what is happening or just simply giving advice is good enough. That is why I liked Shaina in original Saint Seiya and besides she had good moves. Of course this doesn't mean I won't like a character because of his/her strengths and techniques as well.
Old 2009-07-06, 19:44   Link #156
beamknight87
Gold Saint

It is funny how popular the Asgard saga is and how well depicted its characters are if you take into account the whole thing was a filler in order to give the production time to animate the Poseidon arc lol.

Still eager to see the Odin's Robe in Myth Cloth format...
Old 2009-07-07, 11:56   Link #157
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Oh sorry I don't know that an image of a character that we saw on OP/official website/DVD was a spoiler.

She's here, and she's Yuzuriha! So people who buy the DVD to watch Lost Canvas know that the girl in the image is Yuzuriha o_O. So if you look at Yato/Tenma cloth, you saw that it's a spoiler, cloth changes...
Well, I really don't understand why it's a spoiler here. It's just a comparability about Lost canvas anime design and Lost Canvas manga design.

It's from DVD 1 booklet:

About Asgard arc, it's so cool .

I like female character, but I prefer if they are good, because female character in shonen are often not as good as male character, and I hate that! So I hope there will be some awesome female character in Lost Canvas! Shiori is a girl, why she's not doing that! >_<
Old 2009-07-08, 05:55   Link #158
klare

finally saw eps 1 and 2 in a row, the animation is better than i expect, movement of characters are smoother too

i am just amazed that some buildings still remain after seeing every fight surely destroy some pillars

i have to say this: i still feel the armor (especially the Gold and Hades) is not as well drawn as the old Seiya manga, maybe it is really hard to do it in anime

overall LC looks promising, hope the story will get more creative than the old Seiya ones
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 12:25   Link #159
Albafica
Pisces no saint

I agree with you about Lost Canvas OAV's gold armor, I have this feeling that they are no as detailed as Kurumada's manga. I want to say that Lost Canvas manga, Saint Seiya anime/oav are more detailed too in my opinion.
I can't describe it, but it seems that in Lost Canvas OAV, gold armor doesn't have the feeling of a gold armor (ok it doesn't help... ).
Well, that's not really a problem but it's strange...

Old 2009-07-08, 22:46   Link #160
klare

it is hard to explain, unless u look at one of the pics from the old Seiya manga, even tho they are in black and white, the armor/cloth have a very shiny feel

but this does not affect my intention to follow LC anime
klare is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen