AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-03-08, 12:45   Link #3701
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Can't really say that I'm swimming in credits right now, but I will say that the combination of the premium round discount AND credit bonus has made the M4 VERY profitable. Unfortunately, it also increases the chances of you being derped to death by other M4s for the weekend...
Old 2013-03-08, 13:26   Link #3702
Blaat

Got Locastan's HD minimap working on my game as well, as I suspected I had to manually move the contents of the zip to the 0.8.4 folder (WoT MOD installer installs it in the wrong folder)

Anyway I got a new pet peeve in this game: sniping heavy tanks. A sniping French heavy or Tiger I can accept (barely) but a sniping Churchill or KV-1S with the derp gun just pisses me off. Those people are a waste of team slots.
Old 2013-03-08, 13:28   Link #3703
Sumeragi
Banned

You know you have OCD when you HAVE to have all crew members have different names and faces.

Current plan: Get to 50% on the KT asap, then sell it and go down the Porsche line for a while.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 13:36   Link #3704
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
A sniping French heavy or Tiger I can accept (barely) but a sniping Churchill or KV-1S with the derp gun just pisses me off. Those people are a waste of team slots.
To be fair, you CAN snipe with the 1S's long 122mm, it's just that with the load time you're better off brawling instead. I mean, ask Touma just how many long-ranged kills I've had with it, heh.
Old 2013-03-08, 13:42   Link #3705
Blaat

I've had long range kills (across the map long range kills) with the 1S or IS but still that's more luck than actual aiming skills.
Old 2013-03-08, 13:44   Link #3706
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

The IS / KV-1S 122mm sniping can be pulled off, regularly. I've done many of that. Thing is, you need a good crew to pull it off consistently. The KV-1s has that advantage because it requires a crew of 5 as opposed to the IS' 4. With the initial 100%, BIA and other skills, you will find your crews to be very proficient in long-range combat with the mighty 122mm.

I suppose that is the reason why I eventually settled with the Soviet heavy line, after learning what crews can do with German tanks. Crew skills drastically minimize the default hardware deficiencies of any vehicle.

Just ask Wil what I've done with my IS-3 once from across the map

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 13:59   Link #3707
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Agreed. I know KV-1S-chan and IS-chan are meant for up close brawling, but if I can get a shot off at some exposed red in the distance, I'll take that shot and then move on. Yeah it might miss, but if it hits, oh boy does it hit!
Old 2013-03-08, 14:09   Link #3708
Sumeragi
Banned

I'll just settle for sniping you from 600 meters away.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 14:11   Link #3709
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
About time, Kamerad.
I would have gotten it earlier if it wasn't for midterms and the goddamn flu plague hitting me at the same time.

That being said: With this tank, though my credit reserves may be exhausted and my WR in decline, I am at peace with the world.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 14:17   Link #3710
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

hehehee, I don't really care much about WR, but I like being the one with a decent amount of battles with 53% WR in the clan, the only person that beats me is prolly UTE and ice. as far as I know.

but i'm sure they'll drop in due time.
Old 2013-03-08, 15:54   Link #3711
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
See? She does care
Old 2013-03-08, 16:10   Link #3712
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

yeah so hooked up Rei (no its not Teru) with 30 bux worth of gold, he's got the E2, and pz 4 S, 6 extra slots, with 600 gold to spare.

hopefully he'll get a tier VIII soon.
Old 2013-03-08, 16:22   Link #3713
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
yeah so hooked up Rei (no its not Teru) with 30 bux worth of gold, he's got the E2, and pz 4 S, 6 extra slots, with 600 gold to spare.

hopefully he'll get a tier VIII soon.
Free money gold!? Sign me up!
Old 2013-03-08, 16:36   Link #3714
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Free money gold!? Sign me up!
sry wil, u already have a tier VIII, I only help clan members below a certain tier.
Old 2013-03-08, 16:57   Link #3715
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Well, i don't know if i have the nerve to say "me", because i have another acc with tier 8 already althought isn't in the clan... anyway, that's the life of a free player (i spent almost a year to get to tier 8... i'm willing to spend another one to get to Tier 9) Lol

Soo... i'm currently downloading the mods i need, when i noticed the download speed i almost suffer a heart attack. 150mb total at 8 kb/s. Looks like i'll not enter on the game for a while... Anyway, i'll play civ V for a while. See ya.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 17:01   Link #3716
Tak

Quote:
Wow, 600 meters huh? I didn't know you were into voyeur

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2013-03-08, 17:08   Link #3717
Blaat

I managed to get a steel wall award on my Type 58.

I'm beginning to realise that the grind towards the final gun in the Hell cat is going to be long and painful. I'm doing 89 damage against Tier VI targets, and the crew member has the gall to say "That must have hurt". No, not really.

Oh... that was sarcasm.
Old 2013-03-08, 17:31   Link #3718
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

yeah its funny when they say that, also its funny when they say its barely pens it says "it didn't even scratch them"
meh

lol Q. well i still need to update my desktops with the new patch and prolly copy my WoT tanks folder to my external HD and post it in the mod folder. I'll prolly do it this Sunday or something.

8.4 needs to be fixed, the gui/map and settings got messed up. the only thing I like about the new patch is the swapping rounds before the round begins. I hate the Brit TD line and new TD for the Russians, there too OP. They should have tweaked the E5 to have the 155mm gun if they put in the brit tds, or maybe increase the hull armor values to 300 front armor, 150 side and 75 rear on the E5.
Old 2013-03-08, 18:09   Link #3719
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post

I'm beginning to realise that the grind towards the final gun in the Hell cat is going to be long and painful. I'm doing 89 damage against Tier VI targets, and the crew member has the gall to say "That must have hurt". No, not really.

Oh... that was sarcasm.
It is a painful grind but is worth it in the end.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 19:03   Link #3720
Tak

If anyone ever grind a high tier scout in the past, I don't think anything else would be remotely as daunting

- Tak

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks