AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-11-28, 22:50   Link #1
Midonin
Last Engage

Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai

俺たちに翼はない
The announcement
The anime official site
The game's official website

From Navel (Shuffle!, Soul Link) comes a game that I don't know that much about, but it's a visual novel based anime airing this spring, which means I'm going to watch it anyway. Also has a ton of music released under Lantis already, so the music will likely come from there.

Begin the discussioning.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-11-29 at 00:10. Reason: fixed the title
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 23:11   Link #2
relentlessflame

*Administrator

This is a game that is pretty well-regarded in most circles for having good writing, in addition to the usual simple but attractive art that Aoi Nishimata is famous for. A fandisk was released earlier this year, and the original game was preceded by a "Prelude" release, so there are three related games in all. (Unfortunately the games are in my backlog, though I'll try to play before the anime airs.)

This is the director's second full eroge-based TV anime, with the previous being Shukufuku no Campanella (also produced by MMV). He was also the director for Omamori Himari, the D.C. if OVA series, and the Straight Jacket OVA series. The anime writer has done a lot of work for eroge-based anime, but is probably most noted in this context for doing the series planning on Lamune (which is a very underrated eroge adaptation, IMO). The character designer/animation director worked on Kurenai and the Rozen Maiden ainme series (in addition to a lot of other roles). It feels like Nomad hasn't done anime production on a series for a while... looks like their last full production was Kampher, but they do a lot of assistant work in a lot of shows all the time.

Anyway, with this being a MMV production, we can be pretty much assured that it'll be a 12 episode show, so I'm not sure just how much of the game's plot they'll be able to cover... I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Old 2010-11-28, 23:27   Link #3
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Huh, maybe this will at least give me a clue as to what the game's about. All I got from a random review was something about a dual-persona lead.
Old 2010-11-29, 04:01   Link #4
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
The anime will probably be terrible, though, with a director like that.
I don't know... was the problem really the directing, or is it the material he has to work with? I mean, I know that the Campanella anime was fairly true to the feel and flavour of the source material, even if it re-blended the plot to fit everything in one path, as you might expect. This is a different style of source material, so I'm willing to give the director a chance.
Old 2010-11-29, 06:57   Link #5
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

If the anime will be finished, we'll wait for a OVA episode since it's a MMV title.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 21:15   Link #6
Midonin
Last Engage

The website is go, in its preliminary form at least.

Looking over the information on Wikipedia, I can see this series either taking on the omnibus format or, more appropriately, the ef format. Looks like there are four heroines, but they each have their own hero to go with them. So it already comes packaged as several somewhat loosely connected stories. An anthology. This could work.

Last edited by Midonin; 2010-11-29 at 21:29.
Old 2010-11-29, 21:57   Link #7
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

Anyone check out the article on this over at ANN?
Old 2010-11-29, 22:00   Link #8
Midonin
Last Engage

ANN's articles are mostly redundant compared to MoonPhase and such, but this one part caught my eye.

Quote:
The January issue of Gakken's Megami Magazine is reporting on Tuesday that its readers can submit designs for the panties of Asuka and the other anime characters. The winning entries will be used in the actual anime, and the designers will be listed as part of the staff in ending credits. (The runners-up will receive prizes.)
That's one hell of a contest.
Old 2010-11-29, 22:04   Link #9
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I wonder if someone will do a pedobear panties for the lulz.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 04:00   Link #10
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Looking over the information on Wikipedia, I can see this series either taking on the omnibus format or, more appropriately, the ef format. Looks like there are four heroines, but they each have their own hero to go with them. So it already comes packaged as several somewhat loosely connected stories. An anthology. This could work.
Actually, given what i know of the story (Haven't actually played the game though, it is collecting dust in some far corner of my "on a rainy day" backlist ....might have to move it up a notch now though) i can't see what omnibus would accomplish here, i'd say it would be counter-productive even. But this isn't a conversation for this thread most likely.

I am not sure what you mean by "ef format" though - there wasn't anything peculiar about ef structure, given the linear nature of the storyline, so it was a pretty straightforward adaption of a straightforward story, without the usual dilemmas of route blending. Unless you mean splitting it in two seasons, but it would be too early to speculate that, in my opinion.

That aside, i am quite looking towards this. Lately we don't get much in terms of VN-turned-anime, so i am happy for each one we do get. I have heard some pretty good references about the title as well, which certainly doesn't hurt things. I am reasonably happy about the director as well (if nothing else, i found Straight Jacket a quite satisfying experience), so overall i am quite optimistic about the title. Of course, only time will tell.

Also ...
Quote:
The January issue of Gakken's Megami Magazine is reporting on Tuesday that its readers can submit designs for the panties of Asuka and the other anime characters. The winning entries will be used in the actual anime, and the designers will be listed as part of the staff in ending credits. (The runners-up will receive prizes.)
What in the world ...
Old 2010-11-30, 05:58   Link #11
Zexas

LOL this is interesting

I love all the protagonist except for one and he got the best heroine of them all Seriously first time in my life I feels like punching my monitor

LOL best quote from the best protagonist in the game :

Quote:
P5: I'm neither lolicon nor siscon! X so many times he denies it in the game

W: Uwaah you gross me out!

Y: I want to help but I don't want to come near you...

P5: aah thank you for your concern Pedo-shina-san, Loli-tarai-san (real name Yamashina and Watarai)
This is one game where I'd definitely vote for omnibus format. I won't spoil anything but it definitely a good game and if you had it play it now!
Old 2010-12-15, 04:59   Link #12
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Looks like AT-X is broadcasting the series. If this is an indication, there may strongly implied H-Scenes. With the new legislation, it will be a wonder if you can still have softcore scenes (well it is AT-X). So we may get something similar to YnS with it's approach to H-scenes (meaning we will either a) Get implied stuff, or b) a softcore h-scene
Old 2011-01-06, 17:32   Link #13
jhefty

Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai

Official: http://www.mmv.co.jp/special/oretsuba
Info: http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl...anime&aid=8112
jhefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 13:34   Link #14
Midonin
Last Engage

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=99382
Old 2011-03-03, 15:27   Link #15
Midonin
Last Engage

OP will be by Aki Misato, ED by Miyuki Hashimoto.
Old 2011-03-04, 18:45   Link #16
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
loved the game can't wait for a proper adaptation..

Spoiler for nsfw:
Old 2011-03-04, 20:57   Link #17
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Another successor of Yosuga no Sora after the stunts they pulled? xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-04, 21:37   Link #18
kyosak
poo

I really like the art in this one
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 17:07   Link #19
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Crunchyroll has picked this up

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...tsubasa-wa-nai
Old 2011-04-01, 19:35   Link #20