AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2010-03-05, 17:01   Link #1241
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
I think they could make good use Yui's character by using her in place of the male foil, or as Keima's non-romantic companion. That could provide some interesting interactions there.
He's a dating sim god. She's a martial artist drummer. They fight crime capture spirits.

Last edited by KaneDragon; 2010-03-05 at 17:26. Reason: Oops, wasn't paying attention.
KaneDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 17:04   Link #1242
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Yui is the drummer, former yamato nadeshiko converted bokukko.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 19:03   Link #1243
babohtea

If they ever animate Kaminomi, Yui is one of the voices I want to hear

Also, anyone else think that the person who caught the spider monster was El's sister?
babohtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 20:12   Link #1244
blade82

yeah i think too it may be her sister and she said (i may be wrong) that her sister was the best in their world but she was missing
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 01:21   Link #1245
ImAKami
Paragon of Ero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Makes things more interesting since it throws the "first girls wins" cliche out of the window.
The circumstances surrounding the "first girl" is debatable, too. It all depends on the person's conditions as to what defines the "first girl". Most of the readers are lead astray by this apparently simple cliche.

It would be valid from the reader's episodic perspective that Elsee is the "first girl", but that is erroneous in regards to the actual chronology of the Kaminomi world. With that being said, the true "first girl" in accordance to the timeline would be Tenri Ayukawa who have made her first appearance 10 years ago as Keima's osananajimi. Elsee is the "first girl" that Keima meets in the publication of the manga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babohtea View Post
Just a question though: I just finished chapter 74...
Does Nora like Keima? I'm seriously confused, I assumed not, but Nora's portrait was shown in the panel with the three girls and the text "love triangle".
You have misread it, it is "Long live the trainee!"

As for Keima's character discussion:
From the beginning, at the base of his subconsciousness, Keima is warmhearted and is capable of expressing humane emotions to others in the climax of his interactions with the capture target girls and other various instances. Throughout the "short stories" of individual characters and Kaminomi's (in)famous fillers, Keima undergoes a slow-and-steady character development, if not refinement. As the plotline progresses, we can notice the subtle and apparent changes in his behaviours and thought patterns that deviates from the the norm he set for himself earlier in the series. But... until the end... Kami-sama will be Kami-sama, and it will be a long ride before we can see the final result of his involvement in this whole ordeal.

Last edited by ImAKami; 2010-03-06 at 01:51. Reason: Forgot this is not Wiki or TVtrope, and I should check for spelling errors...
ImAKami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 11:05   Link #1246
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAKami View Post
You have misread it, it is "Long live the trainee!"

As for Keima's character discussion:
From the beginning, at the base of his subconsciousness, Keima is warmhearted and is capable of expressing humane emotions to others in the climax of his interactions with the capture target girls and other various instances. Throughout the "short stories" of individual characters and Kaminomi's (in)famous fillers, Keima undergoes a slow-and-steady character development, if not refinement. As the plotline progresses, we can notice the subtle and apparent changes in his behaviours and thought patterns that deviates from the the norm he set for himself earlier in the series. But... until the end... Kami-sama will be Kami-sama, and it will be a long ride before we can see the final result of his involvement in this whole ordeal.
Ohhh you're right! No wonder, hahahaha

I notice a lot of people are already making judgements or ruling out certain girls regarding the goddesses based off of previous interaction after the capture. I just want to throw it out that perhaps the goddess is just too weak to influence the girl enough to show full recognition?
Old 2010-03-06, 12:15   Link #1247
ImAKami
Paragon of Ero

Well, that has been suggested (on the MF forum) but most people are going for the instant recognition/complete memory right after the capture.

I would prefer it to be those girls that aren't close to Katsuragi already – which are Ayumi, Chihiro, and Kanon, who are in the same class.

And for those who are wondering about the female galge characters on this filler episode for Keima's ED theme
"The Dream Traveler of the Integrated Circuit", here is an image for it:

*Credits to s280, ImAKami, Sama_al_Azraq

Last edited by ImAKami; 2010-03-06 at 12:58.
Old 2010-03-06, 13:22   Link #1248
babohtea

What's "MF"? Sorry >.<

Can somebody explain to me the whole "if they had a weiss they might have a goddess" logic that Diana seems to have? I don't recall Tenri ever being actually possessed by a Weiss at all, so where does Diana get this idea?

Also, do Goddess also hide in the "cracks" of the heart, or do they simply pick a heart and live next to it? Does the girl need to give permission, or did Diana simply wait until Tenri's O-K on the basis of morals?

It seems like Diana is really bound to Tenri's heart. Do you think this is because she can't leave, or leaving would endanger both her and Tenri?
Old 2010-03-06, 14:20   Link #1249
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
What's "MF"? Sorry >.<

Can somebody explain to me the whole "if they had a weiss they might have a goddess" logic that Diana seems to have? I don't recall Tenri ever being actually possessed by a Weiss at all, so where does Diana get this idea?

Also, do Goddess also hide in the "cracks" of the heart, or do they simply pick a heart and live next to it? Does the girl need to give permission, or did Diana simply wait until Tenri's O-K on the basis of morals?

It seems like Diana is really bound to Tenri's heart. Do you think this is because she can't leave, or leaving would endanger both her and Tenri?
MF = a site I'm hesitant to mention due to it containing scanlated licensed material. Sorry.

One of the things we know about capturing runaway souls is that the memories of the host are altered to remove any reference to the supernatural. Tenri did have a runaway soul inside her (one Diana grabbed when she entered Tenri for camouflage during the escape of the souls) that was taken by Nora. That should have caused Tenri's memories to be altered, but they were not, presumably (according to Diana) due to the presence of a goddess, whose memories could not have been altered. The assumption is that any of the other girls who had runaway souls may have also had a goddess, and as a result may have also not had their memories altered.
Old 2010-03-06, 14:55   Link #1250
babohtea

I see. I still am curious as to how a Goddess is allowed access to a girl's heart; anyone have any ideas regarding that?

Also, I assumed that having memories wiped was the doing of the demon capture squad. It seems that it's more like an inherent side effect of having a demon?
Old 2010-03-06, 15:00   Link #1251
ImAKami
Paragon of Ero

No, there isn't any known information in regards to it. Diana asked for Tenri's consent 10 years ago... This would either mean the remaining Goddesses have either occupied one of Keima's captured girl's heart at the same time of The Great Escape or they have wandered around for 10 long years until now.

It has been noted throughout the series that the Hades Government has divisions for memory modification, and that they do possess the technology.

Last edited by ImAKami; 2010-03-06 at 15:11.
Old 2010-03-06, 16:13   Link #1252
babohtea

Then there would be no way Tenri's memory would have been wiped out if a demon didn't do it? I'm assuming that when a Weiss leaves, it takes some of the memory out with it.

Maybe the memory wiping divisions are there to fix up anybody else in the area?
Old 2010-03-06, 21:16   Link #1253
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
I see. I still am curious as to how a Goddess is allowed access to a girl's heart; anyone have any ideas regarding that?

Also, I assumed that having memories wiped was the doing of the demon capture squad. It seems that it's more like an inherent side effect of having a demon?
According to Word of God, there's a division of New Hell that specifically handles that. Judging by the girl in Chapter 87, they do a fairly sloppy, if somewhat effective, job.
Old 2010-03-06, 22:47   Link #1254
babohtea

That can't be the only source of it though. Think about it: There was no demon involved in Tenri's capture; only Diana was responsible. If there was no memory-wiping demons involved, then Diana's belief that a Goddess-inhabited girl would retain their memories is completely misplaced.
Old 2010-03-07, 00:13   Link #1255
ImAKami
Paragon of Ero

Nora reported Tenri to the Hades Government of New Hell as a possessor of kaketama. So even though the kaketama did not influence Tenri is any way, the memory modification divison of New Hell carried out their task regardless. Although this "division" is never shown in the manga, it is apparent that they do exist. So in the end, Diana's belifes are correct: Those girls with a Goddess will "retain" their memory about Keima.
Old 2010-03-07, 00:27   Link #1256
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
That can't be the only source of it though. Think about it: There was no demon involved in Tenri's capture; only Diana was responsible. If there was no memory-wiping demons involved, then Diana's belief that a Goddess-inhabited girl would retain their memories is completely misplaced.
Wouldn't sending in a bunch of visibly obvious demons kinda blow the whole "removing references to the supernatural" part? It's done in such a way that we don't see it. Maybe they're ninja demons. Or demon ninja...

Don't overthink it. It ruins the fun.
Old 2010-03-07, 00:31   Link #1257
babohtea

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Wouldn't sending in a bunch of visibly obvious demons kinda blow the whole "removing references to the supernatural" part? It's done in such a way that we don't see it. Maybe they're ninja demons. Or demon ninja...

Don't overthink it. It ruins the fun.
Gotcha. Over thinking almost has to happen in future speculation though...

Oh well, speculation doesn't really make a manga more enjoyable anyhow.

Last edited by babohtea; 2010-03-07 at 00:49.
Old 2010-03-07, 23:37   Link #1258
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Gotcha. Over thinking almost has to happen in future speculation though...

Oh well, speculation doesn't really make a manga more enjoyable anyhow.
I respectfully disagree. It's by no means necessary, but speculation and analysis of a work can definitely add to the enjoyment. You just have to keep from getting too engrossed in detail, and keep hold of your suspension of disbelief. Sometimes in order to make things work a certain way in the story the author has to get logic to turn its head for a bit. As long as it's not too glaring, it's okay. And "it's magic" can be a pretty decent "catch-all" excuse when not overused. ^_^
Old 2010-03-10, 10:21   Link #1259
ellifeedn
Thinker

New chapter is out.
Spoiler for 90:
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 14:52   Link #1260
Freeter
beyond

Spoiler for flag 90:

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen