AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-25, 23:59   Link #121
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Interesting, can't wait to see this new story first hand. Hikari sort of reminds me of Ai from Amagami but only a bit nonchalant compared to the upbeat tease that the latter was.
Old 2012-06-26, 01:56   Link #122
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Found the webcomic for Love Album!
http://ct.webcomic-eb.com/viewer/EB/...ex.html#page=1

And also found characters introduction, though most characters have appeared on Sweet Snap. Below is not the translation of the image's texts, mind you

Maeda Kazuya
MC. On this manga he decides to join Photo Club after he meets and talks with Hikari, not because Kudou and Katsumi force him to choose like on Sweet Snap and the original game.

Sanehara Hikari
Photo Club member, first year student. Likes to take picture of landscape, a quiet girl.

Kanon
MC's little sister. Still the same like on SS.

Kurebayashi Katsumi
Third year student and also the club leader of Photo Club, same like on SS.

Narita Ruu
Volleyball Club member who very, veeery adores Katsumi so she also joins Photo Club to be close with Katsumi. She is one of the sub-character who has her own story and ending on the original game.

Kudou Hiromichi
Third year student and also a classmate of Katsumi. Club leader of Photography Club and has an ideal that ero photos are the true beauty; same like on SS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
Interesting, can't wait to see this new story first hand. Hikari sort of reminds me of Ai from Amagami but only a bit nonchalant compared to the upbeat tease that the latter was.
Yeah, Hikari kinda looks like Amagami's Ai. Though Ai gets soft and become more...... dere fast. Compared to her Hikari takes longer before she gets soften up with Maeda (faster on her story H though).
Old 2012-06-26, 06:45   Link #123
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Thanks for the info bakAnki. Too bad I can't give you any cookie from your post
Old 2012-06-26, 10:40   Link #124
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Just wondering but any of the stories have Katsumi as the main heroine?
Or will there be a chance we'll see one?
I hope Yuzuki does her route as well, do love me some deilcious Yuzuki art.
Old 2012-06-26, 11:10   Link #125
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Just wondering but any of the stories have Katsumi as the main heroine?
Or will there be a chance we'll see one?
Do you mean on the game or on the manga anthology? I don't know if there's a chapter focused on Katsumi on the manga anthology, but she didn't have her own route on the game. If you/Maeda joins Photo Club but didn't get any girl, she will comforting you/Maeda after the school festival, telling him to not give up and do better next year.

Well there's a little bit of her past told on Narita Ruu's mini-story, I'll put it behind the spoiler tag.
Spoiler for Katsumi's past:
Old 2012-06-28, 06:38   Link #126
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

RAW for Photo Kano Your Eyes Only chapter 8 has been released.
When I see its cover page, I noticed the news on the upper left. It said that there's yet another manga for Photo Kano, to be exact another Photo Kano Your Eyes Only but will be serialized on Young Animal Island magazine (original YOE is on Young Animal). The new YOE, that will be released tomorrow on Japan, will be on omnibus format, but still handled by Nylon, original YOE author.

On Young Animal Island website, there's a teaser cover for the magazine and there's information that the first heroine for this new YOE will be the "gakuen no yome" (more or less it means 'wife of the school'), the dojikko with huge big bang, Yunoki Rina aka Rinappai

As for the chapter 8 of original YOE, to my surprise it's yet another chapter focused on Aki, they didn't do the usual rotation for Haruka-Aki-Mai.
Spoiler for Aki, little bit NSFW:

Not really a wimp anymore, is he?
Old 2012-06-28, 07:09   Link #127
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Not bad for a wimp eh
Old 2012-06-29, 15:10   Link #128
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

He's always finding new and unique ways of "bribing" her into doing what he wants, not bad! I have to give him props.

So the "school wife" is getting her own manga. Can't wait to see it, I really want to know/see more of her.
Old 2012-06-29, 21:04   Link #129
NeutralZero

School wife? You mean Hikari?
How did she became the school wife?
Old 2012-06-29, 22:36   Link #130
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
School wife? You mean Hikari?
How did she became the school wife?
I was talking about Rina Yunoki.

Last edited by Kirito; 2012-06-30 at 12:06.
Old 2012-06-30, 12:05   Link #131
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Yep, "the school's wife" is one of Yunoki Rina's nickname among the boys (another one is Rinappai, from Rina+oppai ) since she gives adult/wife-ish aura for her cooking club is open for everyone (read: Maeda and the other heroines ) to relax and eat snacks+tea she made on the evening and she also likes to take care of sunflowers on the school's garden. She herself doesn't know about those nicknames though
Old 2012-06-30, 12:08   Link #132
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

So is she a natural airhead or just someone who's totally oblivious to many situations? I really want to know more about her since she's like an onee-san figure to many people judging by what you've put out.
Old 2012-06-30, 12:28   Link #133
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
So is she a natural airhead or just someone who's totally oblivious to many situations? I really want to know more about her since she's like an onee-san figure to many people judging by what you've put out.
Don't think "Onee-san" would be the word to use here, in fact I'd say best words to use would be what is already said, "school wife" would probably be best.
If theres a onee-chan to the series I'd peg Katsumi to fill that role.
Old 2012-06-30, 12:41   Link #134
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Good point, but give me time because I'm still new to this series and I'm slowly learning the characters. Isn't Katsumi the member or president of the photo club the main dude joins?
Old 2012-07-01, 10:01   Link #135
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Hmm, it's more of the former. How should I put it. Rina is kinda like Amagami's Rihoko. She has fair amount of her klutziness shown on the game, I mean the first time Maeda met her was when she dropped her bag full of oranges and tried to collect it back. She's also bad at sports, once she tried to kick a ball but instead slipped and the ball didn't even move But it's not like all she did turn into chaos, she's really good at cooking after all.

Another trivial things about her, hmm..... She is really good at cooking because she has done it since she was little and really have fun while cooking, she's also good at playing piano and insisted to come to Maeda's house so she can hear Maeda's playing guitar because he told her he played guitar once. And she has a little sister named Erina.

And yeah, "onee-chan" type of character is more fit for Katsumi, the Photo Club leader. She is often asked by girls from various sport clubs for her advise and input even though she already retired from Volleyball club.

Btw, read a short Japanese entry about the new Your Eyes Only manga, it said that it's a only a one-shot for each girl story :\ But then again, Young Animal Island (the magazine that published the series) is released every 3 months or more

And Nylon posted sketches of Aki on Twitter: https://twitter.com/nylon100per/stat...051904/photo/1
Old 2012-07-01, 11:09   Link #136
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Thanks, I will and sorry for my noobish questions and answers. I'm still new to this series and I still don't know most of the other characters pretty well. I'm keeping a close eye on SS and YEO, and I'm looking forward to the others ones soon.

I'm going to go back and reread SS and YEO, and the raws too. Excuse me.
Old 2012-07-01, 12:20   Link #137
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Thanks, I will and sorry for my noobish questions and answers. I'm still new to this series and I still don't know most of the other characters pretty well. I'm keeping a close eye on SS and YEO, and I'm looking forward to the others ones soon.

I'm going to go back and reread SS and YEO, and the raws too. Excuse me.
Ah no, I meant it was me who just read the blog entry about YOE, I didn't mean to tell you to read/re-read all the manga so you can answer your question yourself, sorry for the confusion ^^;;
I didn't mind the questions, I'm more than happy to answer question if I'm able to. It's not like I understand all the stories and tidbits even I've played the game though, since I didn't completely understand it. My Japanese is far from perfect

Btw, found this. Looks like a pre-order bonus for Young Animal Island #19 from certain online shop...

Spoiler for and bit more :3:

Last edited by bakAnki; 2012-07-01 at 12:31.
Old 2012-07-01, 21:55   Link #138
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

I really can't wait to see Rina because she looks cute and interesting, plus it'll be great to see another heroine focus. I also want to see a Mai focus because like Usami Masamune, I like twin tailed heroines and she looks like an interesting character to observe and focus on, but that's just me though.
Old 2012-07-02, 02:10   Link #139
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
I really can't wait to see Rina because she looks cute and interesting, plus it'll be great to see another heroine focus. I also want to see a Mai focus because like Usami Masamune, I like twin tailed heroines and she looks like an interesting character to observe and focus on, but that's just me though.
I want to see all the routes adapted into the manga soon too. Tough luck that the omnibus YOE released every 3 months At least Mai is one of the three focused characters on the normal YOE, and it's released every 2 weeks so it's much faster. Even though the translation is currently stuck at chapter 4

Compared to Mayochiki's Usami though, aside for their twin-tailed hairstyle, they are very different. Mai isn't a tsundere, she is more like innocent, cheerful, cute kouhai type character. Ah, in fact it makes me realize there isn't any single tsundere character here on Photo Kano XD

Also there is Photo Kano internet radio program with Hisako Kanemoto (Mai's seiyuu) and Mariya Ise (Kanon's seiyuu).
http://www.onsen.ag/program/photokano/index.html
Never listened to this myself though...
Old 2012-07-02, 08:33   Link #140
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

So translation of the other works are going to take awhile. Oh well, I hope YEO picks up because Sweet Snap is amazing but the main guys actions in the current chapter really upset and depressed me.

I know Mai isn't a tsundere. I was comparing the fact that they're heroines with twin-tailed hairstyle. I really like those kind of heroines, plus the two of them are really cute.

There are so many characters that I'm growing to love, but Rina, Haruka, Mai, and Nonoka have peeked my interest.