AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-08-22, 06:12   Link #101
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

You know, it's been a long while since I've played WoT, even after the US Heavy line update I was waiting for passed by. But now with the impending update 8.0 finally bringing the addition of enhanced physics to the game (and the following 8.1 introducing the British tank line), I was actually compelled to get back to it. Already got myself a Hellcat to ramp some air time on

Meanwhile, there's a Physics Public Test Server up, which is a truncated client (i.e. no gold, tech tree advancement etc...) that's only good for mucking around with the new physics engine. Still, all the LOLs to be had is worth a look:

Weeeeeeeeee

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 05:39   Link #102
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Gonna have fun with physics this weekend.

I wonder how many people here is still playing WoT?
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 14:31   Link #103
willx
Nyaaan~~

Thought I'd necro-revive this thread since there's some more interest in tanks recently from "Girls und Panzer" !
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 15:43   Link #104
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Thought I'd necro-revive this thread since there's some more interest in tanks recently from "Girls und Panzer" !
Hehe.

Actually saw two players with GuP handles today. One was a Nishizumi_Miho who blasted my Matilda (the UK credit version, not the Russian premium) with a Hetzer, and the other was an AkiyamaYukari, who was on our side with a StuG III.

Speaking of the Matilda, I like it out of all the Tier IV tanks I've tried out so far. Sure it's as slow as molasses, but it has incredible armor for a Tier IV tank that bounces just about anything in its Tier and even some Tier V weapons. Also, the QF 2-Pounder with the Little John Adaptor, while dealing below average damage, can penetrate even Tier VI armor with ease. Currently working on the Churchill Mk. I, though I'm debating keeping the Matilda just because it's so fun to use.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2012-11-03, 22:19   Link #105
Scarletknive
Meister

So I feel like checking out after I finish this semester's subjects... So here is a question.

I saw 2 server running... Which server you guys are playing?
Old 2012-11-03, 23:40   Link #106
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I kinda like the British tree, so I guess I'll try those out. My country's connection is screwed up recently so it's way too laggy, just right when the event is going on. What luck.
Old 2012-11-04, 10:19   Link #107
sa547
*Author

Amazing. Two pleasures for the price of one:
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-e...2747.html#more

Including an all-girls clan.
Old 2012-11-05, 05:43   Link #108
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

I hawked off my IS-3, Tiger and Tiger II this weekend.

Why? Well, I doubt I'll ever get to enjoy the kind of discounts for the IS-8 and the E-75 that the Golden Joystick Weekend offered for a very, very long time.

I'm also working on the British line; currently up to the A13 Mk II and the Matilda as well. The heavy line is because I want to play with the Churchills, and the medium line is mainly me hoping it will lead to the Sherman Firefly in the future.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 14:16   Link #109
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

So i decide to go back to this.

any TD advice and guide?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 20:24   Link #110
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Depend on which one. US' TD is abnormal if you ask me.
Old 2012-11-06, 05:41   Link #111
Scarletknive
Meister

A question: You guys play on the SEA server or the US server?(Planning to play the game during my break time, or holidays.)
Old 2012-11-06, 10:01   Link #112
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I'm playing on US server, even though I'm at Asia, since my brother and my friends are also on US server.

Wish there were cross-server feature.
Old 2012-11-06, 10:14   Link #113
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

NA server here as well. There was an option to transfer account to the SEA server a while back, but stuck on NA because I heard there were fewer players on SEA (which meant worse matchmaking).

Currently grinding up to the Churchill Mk. VII and the M103, though the latter grind is gonna be painful without premium.

Old 2012-11-06, 10:44   Link #114
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Seem like the anime actually did draw in a lot of returned players for this game
Old 2012-11-06, 11:02   Link #115
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Seem like the anime actually did draw in a lot of returned players for this game
Well, I got back in the game when I saw what they were adding for 8.0, since the improved graphics and physics looked so enticing, not to mention the chance to drive some tanks I'm never gonna be able to grind to on the Test Servers.

GuP is a fortunate coincidence

Old 2012-11-06, 11:19   Link #116
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I'm back on WoT and it was because of Girls und Panzer. First thing I did was go and get a Panzer IV.
Can't remember how the game was before But I got quite like the changes done in 8.0.

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 12:02   Link #117
Sumeragi
Banned

8.1 is even better.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 13:04   Link #118
Blaat

So I played the game because I checked out this thread and I horribly suck at it, do any of you have any good beginners tip?

Also is it better to upgrade the beginning light tank or should I simply tech rush to medium, heavy or TD and what should I upgrade first.
Old 2012-11-06, 13:09   Link #119
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

"Upgrade" is a misleading term in this game, since tanks are matched via the matchmaking system, and it ensures that all of your enemies are either 2 tiers or less above you, below you or both. This means that upgrading to a better tank usually leads to you fighting better enemies as well. It's a usual beginner's mistake to think that getting a higher tier tank means being better in matches.

That said, my personal rule in this game is that I only grind to get to a tank that I like, rather than what I need, the latter which as far as this game goes doesn't exist. It's all personal preference, and whether you can get used enough to your tank to figure out its individual quirks and work around them to your benefit.

Basically, if you like being at Tier I, then why go up? Grind to that higher tier tank because you want to.

Old 2012-11-06, 15:30   Link #120
Blaat

When I said upgrade I was more talking about getting the better engine, or tracks. After playing more I think upgrading the engine is probably the first thing you want to do.

Anyway following your suggesting I'm still only playing with T1 tanks, I'm particularly like the American T1 tank.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks