AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-03-21, 22:39   Link #1
Haladflire65
*Artist

The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

Yeah, I know this is really early but I'm just way too pumped for the third Chris Nolan Batman film! We have confirmed cast members and filming is starting next month, who else is excited?

Spoiler:

Set for July 2012 release date
Anne Hathaway - Catwoman
Tom Hardy - Bane (!)
Joseph Gordon-Levitt - Johnny Blake

What will Bane be like? Catwoman? Would it follow the Knightfall storyline?

Last edited by Haladflire65; 2011-09-07 at 21:22.
Haladflire65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-21, 22:41   Link #2
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

So much bad guys in one movie hope it doesn't feel rushed
Old 2011-03-21, 22:44   Link #3
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
.... I'm having flashbacks of Halle Berry's Catwoman....

Once this movie comes out, I can forever forget that~
Old 2011-03-21, 22:50   Link #4
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Just think of Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman and you will feel better...or maybe that is a different feeling.
Old 2011-03-21, 22:51   Link #5
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
.... I'm having flashbacks of Halle Berry's Catwoman....

Once this movie comes out, I can forever forget that~
haha I remember as well!

Im super siked for this Movie!! I have a feeling its going to be just as good as the first Dark Knight movie, Bat Man is one of favorite Superheros. >.> wish some of my friends can feel the same way as i do... The only reason why they dident like the first Dark Knight movie was because too them it was long and was boring in alot of the parts.. too me I LOVE LONG movies! Thats just more Meat to the story!
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-21, 22:56   Link #6
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

At least by a quick image google, Hathaway is certainly attractive looking (apparently she looks magnificent without a bra) and we've had two good movies from this interpretation so far....

(edit: I simply don't know her or whether she's a good actress or not. So I have no opinion on her, just in case some Hathaway fans are confused.)

Last edited by Vexx; 2011-03-24 at 09:23.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-21, 23:19   Link #7
Lilithium
Banned

I really don't think we need another Bane appearance in a Batman movie so soon. There are plenty of villains from Batman's rogue gallery that would be better.
Lilithium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-21, 23:24   Link #8
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilithium View Post
I really don't think we need another Bane appearance in a Batman movie so soon. There are plenty of villains from Batman's rogue gallery that would be better.
But I think a Nolan/Hardy interpretation of Bane could end up being really quite something... Bane being intelligent and super-powerful, he might make a nice villain for Nolan to play with! And Tom Hardy is a great actor, too...

As for Catwoman, I'm wondering whether she'll play a straight villain part or have some twisty romantic subplot with Batman/Bruce? As it was mentioned earlier three villains is a lot for one movie... I'm not familiar with the comics, but doesn't Catwoman play other roles too (not just villain)?
Old 2011-03-21, 23:39   Link #9
Lilithium
Banned

Catwoman is more of an anti-hero in the DC Universe at the moment. A love interest for Batman every so often too! She's also been a socialite too, so just you wait! Catwoman sounds great, but I still have my reservations about Bane. Another villain, maybe Hugo Strange, would be awesome. :<
Old 2011-03-21, 23:48   Link #10
james0246

Quote:
Did I miss something? When did Bane appear last in a Batman film? Batman & Robin?

That being said, it's pretty obvious how Alberto Falcone and Selena Kyle will fit into the next film (the supposed last in a trilogy), so I am very interested in how Bane will fit in with the story (Knightfall seems a bit of a long shot (that would require 2 movies), so it'll probably be some sort of amalgamation of Knightfall and The Long Halloween/Dark Victory).

Last edited by james0246; 2011-03-22 at 00:29.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-21, 23:50   Link #11
Lilithium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Did I miss something? When did Bane appear last in a Batman film? Batman & Robin?.
Are you being serious? There are plenty of villains that would fit well into Nolan's movies that haven't been put in a movie yet. I for one was hoping for Victor Zsaz.
Old 2011-03-22, 00:01   Link #12
james0246

Quote:
Are you being serious? There are plenty of villains that would fit well into Nolan's movies that haven't been put in a movie yet. I for one was hoping for Victor Zsaz.
Personally I wished to see Hush or Hugo Strange...

That being said, Bane is one of the few rogue gallery that actually took down the Batman, so of course a legitimate storyline with the super-villain would be a better choice than just a raving lunatic like Zsasz.

Additionally, Victor Zsasz appeared, however briefly, in Batman Begins. He is still "at large" within the universe, so he could still make an appearance (especially considering he was one of Falcone's thugs in the first film, so he could still be in the new film), and since Zsasz does appear in Knightfall...well the connection is obvious.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-22, 00:01   Link #13
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I love what Nolan has done for the Batman franchise, but this one might suck..I'm callin' it...

Too many chefs...Now all these artsy fartsy actors WANT to be apart of this project because of the last movies' success and everybody and their mama are trying to be in it...There is gonna be like 8 A-listers in this joint, and if you ever watch movies with that many stars they tend to suck a bit because every actor has to have that spotlight scene...

One A-lister who sucks is Anne Hathaway...As Catwoman? Is being unattractive and overrated as an actress a prerequisite for leading ladies in this Batman franchise? (See Gyllenhall and Katie Holmes although I'd bang Holmes^^)...But the minute she got cast I started to sigh, now they're gonna throw Joseph Gordon-Levitt (who's great) as a random Mob bosses son...Really? The scriptwriters better have rocket suits on after they deliver the scenes to the actors...Christian Bale is gonna go night-shift clerk on somebody for stealing his spotlight...

Hope I'm wrong, but I rarely am^^...

Stay Tuned...
Old 2011-03-22, 00:20   Link #14
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
I love what Nolan has done for the Batman franchise, but this one might suck..I'm callin' it...

Too many chefs...Now all these artsy fartsy actors WANT to be apart of this project because of the last movies' success and everybody and their mama are trying to be in it...There is gonna be like 8 A-listers in this joint, and if you ever watch movies with that many stars they tend to suck a bit because every actor has to have that spotlight scene...

One A-lister who sucks is Anne Hathaway...As Catwoman? Is being unattractive and overrated as an actress a prerequisite for leading ladies in this Batman franchise? (See Gyllenhall and Katie Holmes although I'd bang Holmes^^)...But the minute she got cast I started to sigh, now they're gonna throw Joseph Gordon-Levitt (who's great) as a random Mob bosses son...Really? The scriptwriters better have rocket suits on after they deliver the scenes to the actors...Christian Bale is gonna go night-shift clerk on somebody for stealing his spotlight...

Hope I'm wrong, but I rarely am^^...

Stay Tuned...
We'll see what happens with Catwoman and Hathaway, but seriously, can't we place some trust on Nolan's casting decisions by now? People were moaning about Heath Ledger too, see how that turned out. But I do have to admit, the females have always been the weaker links in the franchise so far...

but how is Alberto Falcone random? This is going to tie into Batman Begins very nicely. Bale's also been the quiet weight of the films since the first one, I think he and Heath worked nicely together in TDK, complimenting each other's performances well.
Old 2011-03-22, 00:27   Link #15
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I don't know about her acting (since I don't watch a lot of movies), but she looks like she can be poured into Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman suit.
Old 2011-03-22, 00:52   Link #16
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Bane makes a great movie villain in my opinion. He's got interesting powers, without being too cheesy. Batman comics have a lot of cheesy villains that work well in the comics but would be weird in movies (Killer Croc, Clayface, Solomon Grundy, etc). Unfortunately his lesser known villains like Firefly would probably fit better on the big screen but don't have as much depth. The Mad Hatter would be an interesting choice though; could be a good trippy/psychological villain with special effects and such.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-22, 01:44   Link #17
delirium
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Bane makes a great movie villain in my opinion. He's got interesting powers, without being too cheesy. Batman comics have a lot of cheesy villains that work well in the comics but would be weird in movies (Killer Croc, Clayface, Solomon Grundy, etc). Unfortunately his lesser known villains like Firefly would probably fit better on the big screen but don't have as much depth. The Mad Hatter would be an interesting choice though; could be a good trippy/psychological villain with special effects and such.
I'm afraid they'll turn Bane's venom into something along the lines of steroids. He'll be some macho boxer or something along those lines in Gotham for a string of fights, and one thing will turn into another, and it'll just be a disaster.

I don't know if that's my distaste for Bane being reused talking or not.
delirium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-22, 03:36   Link #18
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
I'm gonna be positive neutral on this one, mainly because of Catwoman. Anne Hathaway is an incredibly gorgeous looking woman and a fantastic actress so to me, I would say she's a good choice for the part, as is everyone else. I'm assuming here that Bale is keeping the role of Batman for this one as well. While I do enjoy the new franchise (and believe Jack Nicholson's Joker was not as good as Heath Ledger's version), I still feel that Michael Keaton's Batman films were much better. I do hope they don't rush it but at the same time, I won't expect too much out of this. I will certainly see it at the theaters tho.

Spoiler for On a side note that's not neccessarily to do with this particular movie:
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-22, 05:08   Link #19
Aqua Knight

^
Surely Darth is way better

btw, Batman is still Christian/Christopher whatever Bale?
Old 2011-03-22, 07:27   Link #20
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

it was already announced that there wont be a MAIN bad guy but rather several

the ridler,Bane,Catwoman most likely the most realistic villians, unlike freeze or ivy