Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-07, 00:04   Link #101
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
Yes there is, but the number is in hundreds, not thousands like Hitman Reborn, Gintama, and Code Geass. The problems with MSLN in Korea is that they just can't seem to overcome their real arch-nemesis, Shana.
See, now we're at a point in Moé contests where there are more rivalries than Suiseiseki vs. Shana. And I'm pretty sure these contests will miss the famed rivalry, but there will be others to come.
Old 2008-05-07, 01:33   Link #102
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

If there's a new JC Staff series that would do well in j-moe, it would be Potemayo. Lots of lolis running around, on top of the Potemayans (or whatever they're called). I bet Guchuko would sever a lot of heads before going down herself, if not being the champion.

That said, I <3 Nene. Another one of those who can tango with childhood friends moe, which considering me, is saying a lot. Best Kugimiya character EVA.

Only problem is that it's been a while since the show aired, and it neither got any attention in either 2ch or any other BBS/forum I know of. Hopefully that works in their favour, as they might pull another Chikaru.

@qtip
Yes, do us all a favour and please watch eps 3 of Kyouran Kazoku Nikki now. Apart from KholdStare and me, I bet Xellos and DKZ would heartily encourage anyone to watch that particular episode. Go Senko!

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-05-07, 04:41   Link #103
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I bet Guchuko would sever a lot of heads before going down herself, if not being the champion.
May your words become reality!

I mean, my top favorite is not gonna go anywhere, so I may as well start cheering for the second one.
Old 2008-05-07, 09:32   Link #104
EternalNite
Devil Of The Nite

Send a message via MSN to EternalNite
Er...Yuki Cross anyone?! But i really duno if the new series will do good in their 1st try in Saimoe...Any one wanna analyse??
Old 2008-05-07, 09:45   Link #105
Fynal_Fyre
Inactive Member

Quote:
If there's a new JC Staff series that would do well in j-moe, it would be Potemayo. Lots of lolis running around, on top of the Potemayans (or whatever they're called). I bet Guchuko would sever a lot of heads before going down herself, if not being the champion.

That said, I <3 Nene. Another one of those who can tango with childhood friends moe, which considering me, is saying a lot. Best Kugimiya character EVA.
Potemayo eh?

Well, JC staff has churned out relatively heavy hitters in Saimoe before, so I'm not that surprised, but I suppose I should watch it before I make any judgement.

But a Kugimiya character eh? That has more than already piqued my collective interest.
Old 2008-05-07, 11:04   Link #106
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalNite View Post
Er...Yuki Cross anyone?! But i really duno if the new series will do good in their 1st try in Saimoe...Any one wanna analyse??
Whats Yuki Cross?
Old 2008-05-07, 11:33   Link #107
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ Yuki cross from Vampire knight.

She is a nice character but I doubt she would make it too far. As far as I can see, her moe-ness is limited.

And Potemayo? lol...I would be sooo depressed if my favorites were knocked out by fluff balls
Quote:
@qtip
Yes, do us all a favour and please watch eps 3 of Kyouran Kazoku Nikki now. Apart from KholdStare and me, I bet Xellos and DKZ would heartily encourage anyone to watch that particular episode. Go Senko!
Funny thing is, people actually think that my avie is gin sama

She's a clone I tell ya!

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-05-07, 11:52   Link #108
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
^ Yuki cross from Vampire knight.

She is a nice character but I doubt she would make it too far. As far as I can see, her moe-ness is limited.
i couldn't even make it through he first 10page of the manga

Quote:
And Potemayo? lol...I would be sooo depressed if my favorites were knocked out by fluff balls
haven't seen the anime but jokes aside those things (whatever they are) are cute.

Quote:
Funny thing is, people actually think that my avie is gin sama

She's a clone I tell ya!
As long as he isn't up against Fate or Nanoha she will get my vote. Go Gin-sama clone

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2008-05-07 at 12:07.
Old 2008-05-07, 11:59   Link #109
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Yuuki Cross? As much as I love her character (she's my avi/sig after all), she's not loli enough for 2ch lol. Probably only the likes of me would actually find her truly moe, unless we have some closet vampires here, as Yuuki's neck is so damn delectable....

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-05-07, 15:43   Link #110
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
I think it will come down to Nanoha, Higurashi, or Clannad. My hope is that Amu and Utau pull off major upsets and one of them wins it. Amu is cool and spicey moe
Old 2008-05-07, 20:17   Link #111
EternalNite
Devil Of The Nite

Send a message via MSN to EternalNite
My fingers cant wait to vote for Saimoe'08...ARRRRR!!!!
Old 2008-05-07, 21:16   Link #112
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
I think it will come down to Nanoha, Higurashi, or Clannad. My hope is that Amu and Utau pull off major upsets and one of them wins it. Amu is cool and spicey moe
Clannad will probably sweep the first few rounds, but will probably get hate-voted out just in time for them to miss the top 8.

I'd say Lucky Star, Higurashi, Hayate, Nanoha, and any characters Yukari Tamura happens to voice will be strong. Horo will probably do well, and hopefully Shana will at least top 8.
Old 2008-05-08, 00:02   Link #113
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
Clannad will probably sweep the first few rounds, but will probably get hate-voted out just in time for them to miss the top 8.

I'd say Lucky Star, Higurashi, Hayate, Nanoha, and any characters Yukari Tamura happens to voice will be strong. Horo will probably do well, and hopefully Shana will at least top 8.
I'll swim the Yangtze River if Shana makes top 8. There's no way that will be happening...
Old 2008-05-08, 01:33   Link #114
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
I'll swim the Yangtze River if Shana makes top 8. There's no way that will be happening...
I give 30% odd that Shana do make top 8, thus recording this statement.
Old 2008-05-08, 01:38   Link #115
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
I give 30% odd that Shana do make top 8, thus recording this statement.
Uh-oh... better save money for that trip to China...

But the odds really depend on the pairings. So if Shana gets an easy route, I might as well take swimming classes. But If Shana gets paired up with... oh, let's say Hinagiku or Kagami, it's possible that Shana may not even see the top 16, much less the top 8.
Old 2008-05-08, 02:00   Link #116
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Uh-oh... better save money for that trip to China...

But the odds really depend on the pairings. So if Shana gets an easy route, I might as well take swimming classes. But If Shana gets paired up with... oh, let's say Hinagiku or Kagami, it's possible that Shana may not even see the top 16, much less the top 8.
Shana made top 16 last year, losing by 18-odd votes to Nagi, which means that she was heavily hate-voted.

So yeah, I'm hoping she hits no Lucky Star, Hayate, or Higurashi until the top 8, whereafter I'll be completely satisfied.

What did happen to Kagami last year?
She raped the preliminaries, but I don't remember when she dropped out.

And yes, I'll watch KKN 3 sometime soon.
Old 2008-05-08, 02:23   Link #117
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
Shana made top 16 last year, losing by 18-odd votes to Nagi, which means that she was heavily hate-voted.

So yeah, I'm hoping she hits no Lucky Star, Hayate, or Higurashi until the top 8, whereafter I'll be completely satisfied.

What did happen to Kagami last year?
She raped the preliminaries, but I don't remember when she dropped out.

And yes, I'll watch KKN 3 sometime soon.
Last year, Kagami lost to Rena in the round of 32. The score was 1901-1768, which was completely insane...
Old 2008-05-08, 03:30   Link #118
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

If I recall right then Kagami got a HUGE number of fake votes to deceive eventual Kagami voters by creating the illusion that she would already lead by a huge margin.

Or maybe I am just in the wrong year.
Old 2008-05-08, 03:45   Link #119
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I thought that was the Nagato-Desu fight.
Old 2008-05-08, 03:50   Link #120
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Last year, Kagami lost to Rena in the round of 32. The score was 1901-1768, which was completely insane...
Seriously?
That's like 2.5 times the voter turnout of some of the top 16 matches of the same year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
If I recall right then Kagami got a HUGE number of fake votes to deceive eventual Kagami voters by creating the illusion that she would already lead by a huge margin.

Or maybe I am just in the wrong year.
That would make sense.

Kagami was only in one year though, but it would be the wrong year if it really was the desu vs. robot match.

You know, I'm actually under the impression that Sola was pretty popular (at least among otaku) by the end of 2007, so they might do well based on troll votes this year.
Closed Thread

Tags
saimoe