AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-01, 21:48   Link #241
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
LL is doing okay. They're about where I expected them to be anyway. Of course, personally I don't know the strength of each individual LL girl (to the point that I don't know who's their "top gun", Umi?)
By Saimoe standards my guess is Kotori or Honoka. Don't think Maki is the top gun she did worse than Niko-Niko-Nii and Kotori.
Old 2013-08-01, 21:49   Link #242
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
GuP might be suffering from what I think hurt IdolMaster - Too many major characters, not enough clear focus on anybody or any group in particular.

Saki also has a lot of characters, of course, but the original cast was built up in one show while the Achiga-hen cast was built up in their own show. So each cast was manageable in its own show, and had a chance to shine in its own show.
I guess another factor is the fact that Saki is a 2-cour series (As much as the 2nd cour of the original Saki being, well, original) and has a "2nd season" (Achiga-hen). On the other hand, though, Miho, Akiyama-dono, and maybe Mako (Okay, I admit that I'm biased since Mako is my personal favorite) are all still waiting their turn...

P.S. Speaking of Saki, we should see them going 1-2-3 with ease in Group 10...seriously, that group is a joke.

EDIT: Looking at past LL vote result and average them out myself...Honoka, Niko, Umi, Kotori, Maki, Nozomi, Rin, Hanayo, and Eri is the order. Using Niko (137 votes, 7th place) and Kotori (125 votes, 4th place) result, I would say LL is right now more on the pretender side (aka those series that will win a few rounds but not go into Final 8 or even 16). On the other hand, Honoka's and Umi's result should give a full picture as to where LL girls are (since 14 and 16 are the two strongest group IMO).

Last edited by ion475; 2013-08-01 at 22:06.
Old 2013-08-01, 22:08   Link #243
Team Rocket Elite

Comparing the side casts of other series to Saki's side characters doesn't really work. In Saimoe, the Saki series is completely unmatched when it comes to building up side characters. However, to win you only really need a handful of aces to do well (or even just one!). Madoka dominated two years ago but the Saki series probably has something like 40 or 50 characters that can beat Madoka's 6th best. Madoka was dominant because the 5 they had were simply unbeatable that year and that's all you need. However, it's not like Saki is just about having a bunch of characters. They have their own aces as well.

So far it doesn't really feel like there is a big standout series. Pretty much every group winner so far has had a character from a different series not too far behind them. Also there's a fair amount of diversity among the series that finish near the top.
Old 2013-08-01, 23:18   Link #244
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
Comparing the side casts of other series to Saki's side characters doesn't really work. In Saimoe, the Saki series is completely unmatched when it comes to building up side characters. However, to win you only really need a handful of aces to do well (or even just one!). Madoka dominated two years ago but the Saki series probably has something like 40 or 50 characters that can beat Madoka's 6th best. Madoka was dominant because the 5 they had were simply unbeatable that year and that's all you need. However, it's not like Saki is just about having a bunch of characters. They have their own aces as well.
I guess the whole point about Saki is not their ace being extremely strong (Nodoka and Koromo alone never won...it took Toki winning the whole thing in a QF that have 6 Saki girls and 2 Kugyu), the list of "2nd tier" girls is just HUGE, though...

Speaking of single ace, Taiga won the whole thing in 2009 against K-On and Saki, so would this year be a repeat of 2009? That would mean you've the like of Rikka winning the whole thing.
Old 2013-08-02, 00:01   Link #245
timbits
Harem Lead

Shinka beat Kyouko even though Homu was in the same group. Looks like I called her being Chuu2's hidden ace. Tacos, Hisa, and Hina did about as well as you would expect, with Hina continuing the freefall for Hayate. Cure Peace is still surprisingly strong, and Kurugaya just manages to sneak in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
In Saimoe, the Saki series is completely unmatched when it comes to building up side characters.
Hey, you got to admit, that's one of the best parts of the show. That's why you have people cheering for Stealth Momo and yelling SHINDOUJI FINDS A WAY even outside of Saimoe.

Today is Ayase's to lose. Looks good so far.

Spoiler for Prelims 1-9 Picks:

Oh boy how many votes will Konata get for a cameo appearance? Will she even get to 2nd prelims?
Old 2013-08-02, 00:21   Link #246
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbits View Post
Spoiler for Prelims 1-9 Picks:
Wait, what? Did I just see that correctly? Nyarlko-san?

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
Old 2013-08-02, 04:45   Link #247
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbits View Post
Hey, you got to admit, that's one of the best parts of the show. That's why you have people cheering for Stealth Momo and yelling SHINDOUJI FINDS A WAY even outside of Saimoe.
I like Momoko though she isn't even in the Preliminary Round(correct me if I'm wrong. I didn't see her name at all). D:

Come on, Saki girls isn't that bad. The girls are very moe. I don't see why there's so much hate for them.
Old 2013-08-02, 06:30   Link #248
Hachiko
The Akita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subayai View Post
I don't think there's an official saimoe tournament twitter account. That twitter feed on the website displays all the tweets containing #saimoe. They can be written by anyone.
That will be the last time I even take those twitter results seriously from now on. Ugh.
Old 2013-08-02, 07:00   Link #249
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
I like Momoko though she isn't even in the Preliminary Round(correct me if I'm wrong. I didn't see her name at all). D:
I think timbits is just listing Momo as an example of "secondary character". She's not eligible this year.

Quote:
Come on, Saki girls isn't that bad. The girls are very moe. I don't see why there's so much hate for them.
Only some people here "hate" them b/c they simply dominate the tournament every year ever since they're eligible. They didn't won in 2009 but they did won 4 groups while 2 girls lose to Group Final (The other 2, well, both are Toradora v. K-On). Last year pissed some people off b/c of the fact that they won 6 groups almost without even trying.

And the fact that even now all the more popular Saki girls are consistently in Top 5 of prelim group. While you have other series that do just as well (Yuruyuri, Chuunikoi, MadoMagi), they simply doesn't have the sheer number.

Last edited by ion475; 2013-08-02 at 08:48.
Old 2013-08-02, 09:25   Link #250
chaosprophet

Results for Prelims 1 - Group 9
Spoiler for P1G9 Results:

Last edited by chaosprophet; 2013-08-02 at 10:26.
Old 2013-08-02, 09:50   Link #251
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
WARNING: Those results aren't confirmed yet (although if not it will likely be very close), but as i have to go out for a bit I will leave those here. Confirmation will be late because some servers problems in 4chan. When I'm back later and it's confirmed I will take out this notice.
I can say it's confirmed. I believe the lower vote total than usual is because of the server error...
Old 2013-08-02, 12:26   Link #252
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Picks
Yamane Byouinzaka @ Dansai Bunri No Crime Edge
Android 18 @ Dragonball
つまんねー事聞くなよ!@ Joshiraku
Nozomi Toudou @ Love Live!
Honoka Yukishiro @ Pretty Cure
Ako Shirabe @ Suite Pretty Cure
Syrorin-er I'm mean Syrup @ Zettai Bouei Leviathan
Rei Kuroki @ Vividred Operation

Last edited by Ichuki; 2013-08-02 at 13:12.
Old 2013-08-02, 13:14   Link #253
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Results doesn't seem to be out yet on their main page so for now I'm posting what I voted for Group 10.

Spoiler for Preliminary Round 1 Group 10 votes:

I hope at least 5 make it through the next round. Am praying hard for Misaka 10032
Old 2013-08-02, 14:36   Link #254
scineram

Well, the picks:

Syrup @ Zettai Bouei Leviathan: <<シロップ@絶対防衛レヴィアタン>>
Undine @ Yondemasu Yo, Azazel-san: <<アンダイン恵@よんでますよ、アザゼルさん。Z>>
Dominator @ Psycho-Pass: <<ドミネーター@PSYCHO-PASS サイコパス>>
Akane Tsunemori @ Psycho-Pass: <<常守朱@PSYCHO-PASS サイコパス>>
Raika Oda @ Papa No Iu Koto O Kikinasai!: <<織田莱香@パパのいうことを聞きなさい!>>
Nonoha Itou @ Phi Brain ~Puzzle Of God~: <<井藤ノノハ@ファイ・ブレイン 神のパズル 第2シーズン>>
Saki Mizukoshi @ Natsuiro Kiseki: <<水越紗季@夏色キセキ Festival -15回目のナツヤスミ->>
Marii Buratei @ Joshiraku: <<蕪羅亭魔梨威@じょしらく>>
Yamane Byouinzaka @ Dansai Bunri No Crime Edge: <<病院坂病子@断裁分離のクライムエッジ>>
Mikako Minamino V @ AKB0048: <<南野美果子(5代目峯岸みなみ)@AKB0048 シリーズ>>
Old 2013-08-02, 14:58   Link #255
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

I'm surprised Tokido Saya isn't doing well D:

Hope she fare better in Preliminary Round 2.
Old 2013-08-02, 16:39   Link #256
ion475
にこにこにー

7-2-1 round. Ayase won as expected. The total number of vote is a little bit screwy due to server problem but overall order are mostly as expected anyway.

Onto Group 10, by far the weakest group...

<<松実玄@咲-Saki- 阿知賀編 episode of side-A>>
<<松実宥@咲-Saki- 阿知賀編 episode of side-A>>
<<鷺森灼@咲-Saki- 阿知賀編 episode of side-A>>
<<西沢歩@ハヤテのごとく! シリーズ>>
<<水瀬伊織@THE IDOLM@STER シリーズ>>
<<堂島菜々子@Persona4 the animation>>
<<御坂妹(ミサカ10032号)@とある科学の超電磁砲S>>
<<妹達(シスターズ)@とある科学の超電磁砲S>>
<<三谷歩夢@恋と選挙とチョコレート>>
<<丸山紗希@ガールズ&パンツァー>>

I just don't see any method which Saki won't go 1-2-3...
Old 2013-08-02, 17:05   Link #257
Subayai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
I just don't see any method which Saki won't go 1-2-3...
Yes, that's the most likely outcome.
But I wish it'd go 2-1-3 though.
This group is so warm...
Old 2013-08-02, 17:07   Link #258
Team Rocket Elite

7-3-0

Spoiler for Preliminary 1-9 Results:

My Top 10 for Preliminary 1-10:
Spoiler for Preliminary 1-10:

Nice job by Ayase. I didn't think she would do it after Kirino choked and Kuroneko fell short of beating Toki.
Old 2013-08-02, 23:48   Link #259
timbits
Harem Lead

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
Wait, what? Did I just see that correctly? Nyarlko-san?
I copy pasted from the english site. Sue me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanbeKotori View Post

What? I love Saki. I don't know what gave you the impression that I didn't.

So Subara's popularity seems to be sky high for her role in the series, ditto with Ayase. I'm surprised Miu has maintained her popularity so well despite only qualifying on an OVA (I believe).

And for today, we have the incredibly boring group with both Matsumi sisters. Do they even have to try? On the other hand, Hamster is in this group. Refer to my signature. Ayumu is an amazing and beautiful person who deserves Saimoe glory. I'll be cheering for you Ayumu!

Spoiler for Prelims 1-10 Picks:

Oh hey Elise is in this group too. Not like she'll get in anyways. ;_;
Old 2013-08-03, 09:18   Link #260
chaosprophet

Results for Prelims 1 - Group 10
Spoiler for P1G10 Results:

Tags
2013, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament