AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2009-05-05, 22:13   Link #121
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
Anyone else notice at the very end that they show a close-up of the sign at the "Time of Eve", and it turns out that the number 1138 is repeated over and over again? I assumed at first since it came after the comment about how Sammy only acts "that way" at the Time of Eve that it might be a number of different codes that would activate a different mode in robots... unless 1138 repeating has some special significance...
The first thing I think of with "1138" is a reference to the movie classic "THX 1138". It involved a lot of AI.

I'm not able to come with any other references either in computer, AI, or even the year....
Old 2009-05-05, 23:31   Link #122
Siegel Clyne

Some Japanese viewers at 2ch also think the number "1138" references the 1971 George Lucas film "THX 1138."
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 04:24   Link #123
Blaat

The number 1138 also appears in the various Star Wars movies and other movies by George Lucas (all of them references to THX)
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 15:11   Link #124
Starburst
Horo♥

Because of all this mention of THX 1138 I decided to start watching it.

Maybe just a coincidence but about 13 minutes into the movie they show a persons designation, and it's LUH 3417, and LUH 3417's mate is THX 1138. The model robot in episode 4 was LUH.

Maybe another reference to the movie, significant or not.
Starburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 22:18   Link #125
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'd say you spotted a ref .... its rare anymore for someone to make sci-fi film without easter egging little tidbits.
Old 2009-05-06, 23:39   Link #126
Starburst
Horo♥

Something else I thought curious. I watched through all 4 eps again today, and in ep 4 Masaki says he's never seen an LUH model before. However there's one carrying groceries in episode 1. If not an LUH model, a very similar one.
Old 2009-07-01, 22:00   Link #127
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Episode 5 has appeared on a streaming site, although not yet on the official site. Yet another great achievement. In 17 minutes, this gives us more than several episodes of most other shows, in thought and in feeling. More great camera angles and one fabulous bit of camera movement.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 01:42   Link #128
jonli
JONLIの憂'

I just watched episode 5.

Sammi is so cute, I really hope they give more chances for her character to interact.

Is the next one the last episode? It worries me because we have a ton of questions left to answer...!
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 01:57   Link #129
ThoHell

All of Tanaka Rei's characters are cute! Or so I think anyways.... Ep 5 was good. But hopefully we start to pick up soon and get some major development. OH WAIT, there's only 1 episode left huh? Dang....
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 03:03   Link #130
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
All of Tanaka Rei's characters are cute! Or so I think anyways.... Ep 5 was good. But hopefully we start to pick up soon and get some major development. OH WAIT, there's only 1 episode left huh? Dang....
I'll have to disagree, I despise Lacus Clyne and Mia Campbell too

(they're voiced by Rie Tanaka right? sorry if they aren't)
Old 2009-07-02, 20:42   Link #131
Starburst
Horo♥

Just watched the episode over on Crunchy Roll. I really wish there was more Sammy. She is indeed cute.

I also wonder how the series will wrap up. With such short episodes and only one more to go... I feel it can only have a very open ended finish to the series. And the next ep seems to focus on Masaki, so I'm not really sure.

Perhaps the last episode will be twice as long... I hope so.
Old 2009-07-03, 03:42   Link #132
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I don't remember when was the last time a series got better gradually at each passing episode. I've also noticed how little I've to say when I really enjoy an episode. Episode five was just......
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 14:16   Link #133
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starburst View Post
...I also wonder how the series will wrap up. With such short episodes and only one more to go... I feel it can only have a very open ended finish to the series....
I expect something open-ended and bittersweet. But I'm hoping the artistic success of this will get him backing to do a full series, if he wants.

I was looking at 2channel to find out how popular this show is among otaku (not especially) and discovered director Yoshiura Yasuhiro's own site. It has lots of news -- including the fact that he did a bit of work on the new Evangelion movie -- and a gallery of some of his drawing.

There and on the official site, there is also the info that there will be a Sammy image song CD, to come out on August 1, the same day that ep5 goes on sale, after its month of free streaming (on Yahoo, only in Japan). The singer, of course, will be Tanaka Rie.

Ep5 is on nicovideo now.

Here is an animated gif of Sammy from 2channel (2 megs). The poster wrote: "The moment when she became my waifu (jp.: ore no yome)."
Spoiler for animated gif from ep5:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 14:31   Link #134
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Here is an animated gif of Sammy from 2channel (2 megs). The poster wrote: "The moment when she became my waifu (jp.: ore no yome)."
Spoiler for animated gif from ep5:
See, this is why I think they're avoiding Sammy getting into a relationship with Rikuo. Consider that Sammy is technically Rikuo's father's property. How would his dad feel about his son "stealing" their servant? Not to mention how would he feel about his son getting into that kind of relationship? And yes, I think dealing with those issues could be very interesting - in much the same way as a drama set in the American South in the 1800's with the plantation owner's son running off with one of the slaves. But I suspect that would be a bit overt for what this series is trying to do...
Old 2009-07-03, 16:40   Link #135
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
All of Tanaka Rei's characters are cute! Or so I think anyways....
No it's the absolute truth! T Rie is a goddess!

And heck I love Sammy, whaaaa!

ep 5
Spoiler:

So would episode 6 mark the end of the series? NOOOOOOoooo...

@Kaoru Chujo ~ that Sammy gif...aghhhhhhh my nose is bleeding!

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 18:00   Link #136
ProdigalSon
Ragnarocker

Anybody else notice that title of the last episode?

Spoiler for Speculation:
ProdigalSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 00:20   Link #137
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigalSon View Post

Spoiler for Speculation:
Don't tell me he is.....actually @_@....
Old 2009-07-13, 15:56   Link #138
Mistypearl
Whack and Unwrap!

Wow that certainly would be a plot twist! Actually the more I think about it, that would be a really intriguing way to end the series, with
Spoiler:
I wonder how they would pull that off, I assume however that it will possibly deal with why he does have a robot at home, and maybe about his family's connections with robots and androids? Ahh I can't wait!
Old 2009-07-15, 16:57   Link #139
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I expect something open-ended and bittersweet. But I'm hoping the artistic success of this will get him backing to do a full series, if he wants.
Here's hoping that will be the case. I simply don't want this show to end just yet. >_<

Quote:

Spoiler for Speculation:
That would be really something alright!
Old 2009-07-15, 18:30   Link #140
Starburst
Horo♥

Quote:

Spoiler for Speculation:
Spoiler for episode 5:

Tags
sci-fi