AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 791 63.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 163 13.13%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 95 7.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 67 5.40%
6 out of 10 : Average 17 1.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 18 1.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 0.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-10-04, 06:09   Link #4001
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
You're just focusing on one battle which also happened last. Bismarck held his own at several points throughout the parts of the series he was in and showed his dominance as the Knight of One. He'd also been in many battles before that point.

As for the other Knights, does it really matter that much? Yeah they were more boss fights then actual characters for the most part, but is it really worth dwelling on? I've noticed you tend to focus only on the aspects of the series which you found to be weak or can nitpick to death, but I'd be curious to know what you found to be good as judging by the amount of negativity in your posts and pointing out every minor fault in the series you can come up with, I have to wonder why you even bothered to follow this show all the way to the end. Something must have kept you watching, so what was it?
The same thing happened in GSD, in case you haven't watched GSD I won't spoil it but it makes one side look like a complete joke.

because the best put up a crap fight they made the rest look worthless. Its not how you start its how you finish. Monica could have creamed the crap out of the Black Knights, and my opinion of her would still be that she's worthless.

By the end of the series the only Britannian soldiers worth their weight in crap was Jeremiah/Orange-kun, and Suzaku.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Well, Ranbal was thus:

* Far more awesome, especially for the quote you listed, part cut-off as it is.

* In an age where characters being aces meant characters being aces.

* Also in an age where filler characters got to show their stuff and survived mostly till the end of the series (though they were subjected to Kill 'Em All, the Shrike Team lasted until the final episode of V Gundam...or the second-last.). Even now, they still have 'em- several incarnations of the Black Tristars, the Astray Girls, Clotho, Orga and Shani...but I digress.
And we should accept that? The black tri stars from GSD came off as more competent than the entire Zaft army. In MSG, and Zeta Gundam when someone called you an ace it meant something. I look at Johnny Ridden, and I look at a badass. The KoR thing screams Taniguchi looking at GSD and deciding he had topped it.

Try to top Zeta or MSG first not the worst gundam series ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzia_n View Post
Carline's (the other princess, not sure of name) role was pointless as well take her away and take away her lines, absolutely nothing changes at least for the KoR if thy weren't there suzaku's level of haxness would be different
She did have a purpose by having Lelouch geass her, and force her to be a maid it made him look like a bastard.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 06:10   Link #4002
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Not forgotten. Just pissing people off with the pointless stalling. :P

As for Code Geass...eh. Season 1 was better. That alone will always stain the series' legacy. It's a great end, for sure, but you have to put up with a lot of mediocrity to get there (like so many other things...).
All dependent on one's opinion. I could easily look at a list of your favourites and tear it apart, as you would mine.

@Charred: Again, completely dependent on opinion. And I don't know what rock you've got your head under. FMA manga still sells big and the anime series is being redone. FMA forgotten - don't make me laugh.
Old 2008-10-04, 06:34   Link #4003
tzia_n
Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
She did have a purpose by having Lelouch geass her, and force her to be a maid it made him look like a bastard.
could have been done with just guinevere with the same effect
tzia_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 06:49   Link #4004
Ashura Shamshir
The Violin The Poets Hand

hah, erm...For me Code Geass was immensely enjoyable to watch, it had everything from comedy, romance, action, tragedy and finally most importantly some very likable characters. My favourite character in Code Geass was definitely Lelouche the guy was just too awesome, probably one of my all time favourites now. Even though you people say the impact of code geass will diminish over time within anime fans the initial majority reaction to the end of code geass will always remain when code geass is discussed.

Well, anyways if sunrise ever decide to make further additions to Code Geass I’d sure watch them, hell yeah bring them on! I still wish though that if they do, they somehow figure out an approach to bring Lelouche back into the thick of things, I don’t really want to see Suzaku’s descent into madness, we already know he’s a loon lol nah in the end he was ok, sort of.

That end track ‘’continued story’’ was really emotional, it fitted the final scenes really well, did anyone notice that it never said ‘’the end’’, or ‘’fin’’ at the end lol ah hell who am I kidding. So yah erm so I was saying continued story was nice, just like bratja is from Full Metal Alchemist, another of my all time favourites can’t wait till It starts man it’s going to be groovy. Peace ya’ll
Ashura Shamshir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 07:54   Link #4005
hero147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashura Shamshir View Post
hah, erm...For me Code Geass was immensely enjoyable to watch, it had everything from comedy, romance, action, tragedy and finally most importantly some very likable characters. My favourite character in Code Geass was definitely Lelouche the guy was just too awesome, probably one of my all time favourites now. Even though you people say the impact of code geass will diminish over time within anime fans the initial majority reaction to the end of code geass will always remain when code geass is discussed.

Well, anyways if sunrise ever decide to make further additions to Code Geass I’d sure watch them, hell yeah bring them on! I still wish though that if they do, they somehow figure out an approach to bring Lelouche back into the thick of things, I don’t really want to see Suzaku’s descent into madness, we already know he’s a loon lol nah in the end he was ok, sort of.

That end track ‘’continued story’’ was really emotional, it fitted the final scenes really well, did anyone notice that it never said ‘’the end’’, or ‘’fin’’ at the end lol ah hell who am I kidding. So yah erm so I was saying continued story was nice, just like bratja is from Full Metal Alchemist, another of my all time favourites can’t wait till It starts man it’s going to be groovy. Peace ya’ll
Bratja I must admit, was more awesome than Continued Story, the way they portrayed it in FMA. Are they making a sequel/prequel to FMA or just remaking it? If it is a remake, I doubt I would watch it again, unlikes most people, I enjoyed Code Geass and several other shows above FMA, which even though a great anime, didn't place in a very very high regard.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 08:00   Link #4006
tzia_n
Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
Bratja I must admit, was more awesome than Continued Story, the way they portrayed it in FMA. Are they making a sequel/prequel to FMA or just remaking it? If it is a remake, I doubt I would watch it again, unlikes most people, I enjoyed Code Geass and several other shows above FMA, which even though a great anime, didn't place in a very very high regard.
it is a remake, though i would advice you to watch it. from what i know, the anime diverted from the original manga story and most likely this remake would follow the original story. and fyi, i never watched the first FMA anime but am a fan of the manga so i'm really waiting for this remake

oh and btw, if anyone thinks the characters here are badass... FMA does better imho
tzia_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 08:08   Link #4007
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzia_n View Post
it is a remake, though i would advice you to watch it. from what i know, the anime diverted from the original manga story and most likely this remake would follow the original story. and fyi, i never watched the first FMA anime but am a fan of the manga so i'm really waiting for this remake

oh and btw, if anyone thinks the characters here are badass... FMA does better imho
We respect your opinion, of course. ^^
Droplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 08:15   Link #4008
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
All dependent on one's opinion. I could easily look at a list of your favourites and tear it apart, as you would mine.
Ah, right, you prefer the second season to the first. Mm, I suppose it does depend on subjective experience; Personally. Code Geass S1 was the first anime which had me dying for more on weekly basis, while R2 has never really come close. The memory reset, repetition of plot points, and introduction of far too many side characters to be properly developed probably held me back from embracing the beginning, but then again as far as I know it could've just have been that my priorities had changed.

As far as my favourites go however, I feel they're just about bulletproof: for the longest time it's been Haruhi, Code Geass, Mushishi, and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei in no particular order. Mushishi is quite simply beautiful, SZS doesn't take itself seriously enough to be criticized, and Haruhi is just extraordinarily meta. Code Geass feels like it's falling to the back of the pack, but it's still got its spot there in my top four. I'll certainly remember it as my most extensive stint as a shipper, at the very least.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 08:27   Link #4009
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Having preferences does not give anyone the right to one up someone else's preferences. This is to no one in particular.
Old 2008-10-04, 10:50   Link #4010
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Ah, right, you prefer the second season to the first. Mm, I suppose it does depend on subjective experience; Personally. Code Geass S1 was the first anime which had me dying for more on weekly basis, while R2 has never really come close. The memory reset, repetition of plot points, and introduction of far too many side characters to be properly developed probably held me back from embracing the beginning, but then again as far as I know it could've just have been that my priorities had changed.

As far as my favourites go however, I feel they're just about bulletproof: for the longest time it's been Haruhi, Code Geass, Mushishi, and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei in no particular order. Mushishi is quite simply beautiful, SZS doesn't take itself seriously enough to be criticized, and Haruhi is just extraordinarily meta. Code Geass feels like it's falling to the back of the pack, but it's still got its spot there in my top four. I'll certainly remember it as my most extensive stint as a shipper, at the very least.
This is going to sound weird but my feelings about R1 and R2 are exactly the same. I dont have this R1 vs R2 issue that almost anyone that watches it. I never got a different vibe from either. I always had the longing to watch more or found it hard to wait for the new episode, regardless of which series it was. I don't view it as two different seasons, to be honest. I found it to be fluent from start to finish and things made sense/were plausible. I have no nagging questions leftover.

Actually, I do have just the one - why have Viletta be the one character to have her breasts fully exposed if they weren't drawn properly? Honestly, they took so much more care whenever C.C., Kallen, Shirley or Milly were in those situations, but with Viletta, it just looked crude.

As for your other faves - no, I don't see anything wrong. I actually watched Mushi-shi in a non-stop frenzy on Thursday night into when it literally was Friday morning; it is epic, rates 5th on my all-time list. Haruhi I almost dropped after 4 episodes but after the 5th I found it watchable. SZS I can't watch, it's not my style. That's just me. Opinion will vary between anyone, no two people will ever agree on everything. That's part and parcel of being an individual and makes who we are. Something Charles could never get his big fat head and poncy locks around.
Old 2008-10-04, 11:08   Link #4011
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

I just thought about something, has SUNRISE ever killed off its main character?

I've been checking its past works and, (though I might not be looking hard enough), I think this is the first time SUNRISE has done something to give an impression that the main character is dead.

Also, how many times have we seen Lelouch riding a horse in the OP?

Just raising some issues on consistency. Could be useful information, or could be trivial.
Old 2008-10-04, 11:24   Link #4012
Salahuddin
Zechs is secks

Lulu is in C no Sekai, playing chess with Mao, and listening to CC's soliloquies. And we thought Suzaku had it harsh...

Hahaha regardless of whether he's alive or dead, it was a great memorable ending. I'd prefer to think he's dead, because it seems more eloquent, but if he's alive, he was a respectable character, so that's nice too.

"The heart has reasons the mind knows nothing of" -Pascal
Salahuddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 11:25   Link #4013
Yuudai-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droplet View Post
I just thought about something, has SUNRISE ever killed off its main character?
They did, actually. Cowboy Bebop for example.
Yuudai-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 11:29   Link #4014
Deliberation
I'm trying to find you..

Send a message via MSN to Deliberation
Spoiler for cowboy bebop:

Emperor Lelouch & Empress C.C ♠
King of Clubs & Queen of Hearts

Deliberation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 11:34   Link #4015
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

I also think that Spike is alive.

Spoiler for Why I also think that Spike is alive.:
Old 2008-10-04, 11:35   Link #4016
Dream_Traveller
Banned

And doesn't that sound AWFULLY familiar to SO MANY THEORIES about Charles' Code and the unconfirmed assumption that the Code activates after death, Droplet?
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 11:39   Link #4017
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

How about we just leave it as Sunrise will never conclusively kill off their main character in any series?

PS. Did anyone get a security flaw warning while viewing this page just now? I did.
Old 2008-10-04, 11:46   Link #4018
hero147

Does anybody know the approximate range of a whole box set, including all the episodes from season 1 and 2, would cost altogether? Meaning episodes 1-50...And hopefully, if you can, include when it would be out by? (In Canadian/United States currency)
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 11:48   Link #4019
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
And doesn't that sound AWFULLY familiar to SO MANY THEORIES about Charles' Code and the unconfirmed assumption that the Code activates after death, Droplet?
Why, that's just a coincidence.
Old 2008-10-04, 11:51   Link #4020
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Then why did C.C have so much blood on her after receiving her code? She having her period at the time of her receiving the code?
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote