Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-06-25, 17:33   Link #101
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuki` View Post
I wonder though, how long before they'll announce the air-time of the new episodes. As of yet, there's still only 13 episodes scheduled on television, right?
Er, isn't episode 14 scheduled to air normally on the 12th of July? I could even find its title. Since we're getting a new OP/ED set soon, it's probably safe to assume that at least 24 episodes are scheduled. Unless I'm missing something...
Old 2007-06-25, 20:56   Link #102
leongsh
Daijoubu!

I've recently picked up the manga. Following the story as it is now, Episode 12 is likely to end with the team arriving at the stadium for opening festivities while Episode 13 is likely to end with the start of Nishiura's first round match. If they are going to stop at Episode 13, it would be one of the worst places to stop.

I suspect that there's 26 episodes of Oofuri that have been confirmed. The hint that I'm getting of that is via the DVD release. The first volume DVD has 2 episodes and subsequent volumes announced, i.e. Volumes 2 and 3, have 3 episodes each. For a 26-episode series, that means a 9-volume release (1x2 episodes + 8x3 episodes).

Assuming that the first round match starts towards the end of Episode 13, there should be enough episodes to complete the first round match as that match took up roughly the same amount of manga volumes/chapters that got them from the start of the manga to the starting point of the match. (Yes, the match is going to be of epic proportions )
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 17:10   Link #103
Katapan
俺様祭り

Wow, episode 14 was wonderful. Not only does it bring a new opening that I totally love. but the excitement factor is definitely back and stronger than ever (that's at least how I feel it). We're in for a truly great ride.

I first wanted to comment all the scenes that felt very strong in the new OP... but there are so many, I'd have to describe the whole thing. Seeing all the players running towards the field before the title appears must be my favorite part, though. I can't help but feel excited for the whole Nishiura team.

Spoiler for small spoiler up to episode 14:

The new ED is rather good, though the best thing here must be the stills of all the Nishiura players going home. The song is just ok, I guess. Wait, actually I take that back, it's already growing on me.

Spoiler for ep14:

Last edited by Katapan; 2007-07-12 at 18:53.
Katapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 15:16   Link #104
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
Wow, episode 14 was wonderful. Not only does it bring a new opening that I totally love. but the excitement factor is definitely back and stronger than ever (that's at least how I feel it). We're in for a truly great ride.
Oh, yes, most definitely. Recently read the manga up until the latest chapter (#46). The match ends in an earlier chapter, mind you, but it does go for easily 3 full volumes (starts right from the beginning of Volume 5) - this match is epic. Won't say anymore. I'm loving this show a lot.

Quote:
Spoiler for ep14:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler for ep14:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-07-20, 11:55   Link #105
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Since getting my hands on Episode 15 I have watched it about 5 times already. There's so much to like as this episode begins with Nishiura's turn to defend the bottom of the 1st inning with Tosei now at-bat. The spoilers contain a bit of description of what happens, so open those at your risk.

Spoiler for Bottom of the 1st inning:

There's a good atmosphere to the game in this show as they do give time to the cheering teams with their cheering and the band play in the background enlivens the game. We cannot forget that this show does give us a bit more understanding of the tactics and thoughts of the catcher (Abe in this case) which is not often done as most baseball anime shows tend to focus on the power play of the star pitchers.

Spoiler for Top of the 2nd inning:

Loving this episode and this show a lot. It may not be the best show this season but it has burrowed deep into my heart as the most enjoyable show this season for me.

The accompanying soundtrack to the show is quite effective in setting the mood and the tension. The CD of soundtrack #1 (yes, that means there is a 2nd soundtrack CD) is officially to be released on 12 September 2007 (and safely pre-ordered to get the first press edition that will come with a baseball card or two).

I love the 2nd ED song. It just captures the soul of the show so well. Coupled with the visuals as they show the team leaving together after practice at night on the bikes and you can feel the close camaraderie they have with each other, it feels so natural and heartwarming.

p.s.
Excuse me, Seleria, while I move ahead for the time being.
Old 2007-07-28, 23:03   Link #106
Gankutsuou

I have been watching the raws. I can easily say that this is one of the best anime series this year. It's so addicting!

But it worries me that the anime is catching up with the manga so quickly. What will happen once it caught up with the manga? Will they end the season and then wait for more material to make another season? And the fact that Oofuri is serialized in a monthly magazine is a problem.
Gankutsuou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 03:27   Link #107
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gankutsuou View Post
I have been watching the raws. I can easily say that this is one of the best anime series this year. It's so addicting!
However, it's mostly ignored by the general anime fan visiting the forums here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gankutsuou View Post
But it worries me that the anime is catching up with the manga so quickly. What will happen once it caught up with the manga? Will they end the season and then wait for more material to make another season? And the fact that Oofuri is serialized in a monthly magazine is a problem.
It's looks very likely that there's only going to be 26 episodes for the time being. If so, the anime will not catch up with the manga. 16 episodes in, they are at about early Chapter 13 and the manga is at Chapter 46 as of to-date. If it does continue past episode 26, there's enough material to have 52 episodes of the anime as it catches up closely with the manga which would also have moved on a bit with another 6 chapters or so from where it is now.
Old 2007-08-04, 21:16   Link #108
totalnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongsh View Post
However, it's mostly ignored by the general anime fan visiting the forums here.
One of the problems is this very dialog/thought intensive anime. So lot of people could only watch the fansub version. Right now the fansub is only up to episode 5.

One thing I love about this anime is that it's really about a baseball team. Unlike other baseball manga/anime, where they focus exclusively one character. But in real life, team win games, not one player. I know the anime do something focus on Mihashi, because you need to good pitcher and all. But you need other players to get hits and runs to win games.

Hey, no one has die in this anime yet. Name another baseball mange/anime where someone didn't die.
totalnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 22:41   Link #109
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalnet View Post
One of the problems is this very dialog/thought intensive anime. So lot of people could only watch the fansub version. Right now the fansub is only up to episode 5.
Yeah, it is dialog/thought intensive. Point definitely conceded.

Quote:
One thing I love about this anime is that it's really about a baseball team. Unlike other baseball manga/anime, where they focus exclusively one character. But in real life, team win games, not one player. I know the anime do something focus on Mihashi, because you need to good pitcher and all. But you need other players to get hits and runs to win games.
And which they do very well in Oofuri. They have players with good abilities and in Tajima, a talented clean-up batter but one that is not strong enough to hit home runs. The team need to function as one and play smart to win. In the recent episodes (i.e. Episodes 15 to 17), there's bags of courage too. The fight is getting tougher as Tosei has started to figure out Nishiura.

Quote:
Hey, no one has die in this anime yet. Name another baseball mange/anime where someone didn't die.
Hmm... most will not have a player die. It's usually a parent, friend or surrogate parent. I can easily name another baseball manga/anime where someone doesn't die, e.g. Captain (based on the manga of the same name) and its sequel, Play Ball
Old 2007-08-05, 13:46   Link #110
totalnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongsh View Post
Hmm... most will not have a player die. It's usually a parent, friend or surrogate parent. I can easily name another baseball manga/anime where someone doesn't die, e.g. Captain (based on the manga of the same name) and its sequel, Play Ball
For some reason I have forgotten about Captain/Play Ball. Looking it up on AniDB.net, it seems the fansubbers had also forgotten about.

When I tried to think of the different between Ookiku and other baseball manga/anime, I comparing it with Touch, H2, and Major.

Another thing is that real about Ookiku is that Mihashi is not a good hitter. As in real life, most pitchers are not good hitter. Hey, the whole reason for the creation of the designated hitter was so that pitcher don't have to hit.

BTW, anyone know why baseball cap has the UN letters for Nishiura? What does the letter U stands for?
totalnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 21:15   Link #111
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

hey all, seems like there is really little love for the show. In real life, the pitcher is definitely one of the weaker hitters, and the DH position is placed just for that.

To add, on a rush of the moment, I did a summary of Episode 18 of Ookiku Furikabutte as well as making a little short summary of the earlier episode 17. Hope that it is useful
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 21:26   Link #112
Ashlotte
Clockwork

*hides eyes from any spoilers*

Just wanted to say so far this is a really wonderful sports show. Oddly enough so far I think its done a better job of fleshing out real emotions and relationships better then most of the "Romance" shows ive seen in recent memory and we get great baseball action to boot.

Also much thanks to saizen for the awesome subs thus far.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 21:55   Link #113
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
I guess to me oofuri is more of a team sport, and it's more emotional and i guess dramatic than other sports anime.
Thank you Saizen for subbing it
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-12, 00:14   Link #114
Major1138

I like Ookiku Furikabutte because it treats the game differently than other sports anime (Major comes to mind). Major takes the "star player fighting against incredible odds" approach, while OF goes for more of a "team-as-family" feel. I like both series though - Major has it's "hell yeah!!!" moments and OF makes you smile as the boys continue to pull together as a team. Looking forward to seeing more of the series.
Major1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-14, 14:20   Link #115
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

I have no idea this has turned into an anime... it was one of my fav manga in afternoon. Now that Koshien season is upon us, I have to watch this anime!
AVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-19, 20:42   Link #116
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Series continues to intrigue me especially with all the psychology they put into it. So cute to see everyone sitting in a circle just before practice...Defiantly a different approach heh.

Abe and Mihashi still feel more like a couple then a battery, but in a good way I guess haha.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-19, 21:15   Link #117
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Now why the hell would Tajima want to sunbathe Can't wait till they start their tournament as i don't watch the raws for this series although I might start
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 08:19   Link #118
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
*hides eyes from any spoilers*

Just wanted to say so far this is a really wonderful sports show. Oddly enough so far I think its done a better job of fleshing out real emotions and relationships better then most of the "Romance" shows ive seen in recent memory and we get great baseball action to boot.

Also much thanks to saizen for the awesome subs thus far.
Wahahaha, it's time to scar you more with more spoilers then. I guess the relationship wise in the series is really good in my humble opinion, and I am enjoying the friendship from the team surrounding Mihashi.

To kill off Kimichi totally (heh heh), Here is the episode summary and screenshots of Episode 19. Have fun :P
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 22:46   Link #119
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Last edited by Maids! Maids! Maids!; 2007-08-24 at 15:03. Reason: Removed ecchi-er than usual image
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 11:38   Link #120
FireDetei
Online Gamer.

lol maids, is she rummaging in her pockets in the 4th pic?
FireDetei is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baseball, seinen, sports