AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Kai Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 45 47.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 40 42.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 8.42%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-27, 10:18   Link #101
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah interesting how the Yamainu will be best to move after the festival. Guess it's entirely possible they will be busy with another objective. One would think it'd be best to take someone out then. Though Rika did convince them to beef up security for that festival so maybe they just don't have the time with the protection to focus on Satoko's uncle.

Certainly some pretty heavy scenes in this episode. Rika snapping in the clinic and Keiichi vs Shion standoff.Can't wait to see what comes out of next week.
Old 2007-08-27, 10:47   Link #102
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
I actually thought of that but then again the sub says the Yamainu cannot move until after Watanagashi. Takano of all people should know the best time to kill someone would be during Watanagashi, right? Could it be that the Yamainu have other targets planned for Watanagashi? Like Tomitake?
Not exactly. We can guess that the police will lift any mark ongoing, until they discover something as an aftermath of the festival. According a TIP, the police of Okimoniya track any strange incident down. and anything can after the festival as well (much like what we could see with the other arcs)
In fact, Ooishi and everyone else are convinced that something WILL happen, that's why the police is dispatched during the festival and afterwards.

EDIT: fount it : It's time for the festival

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-08-27 at 11:36.
Old 2007-08-27, 11:11   Link #103
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Through various difficulties i just sat down and watched episode 8 last night and of course i gave it a 10. Im still in awe over seeing Rika flip out like that and then to see her slide back into her depressing/giving up state was somewhat dishearting. But only to see her turn around and in an emotional plee say she is not ready to give up yet and want Keiichi to help Satoko. I happent to agree with Rika I dont think Rika will come across another world with more possiblites than this one and she is running out of time. I gave mad props to Keiichi in this one not only for standing his ground and willing to defy destiny again but for taking that chair shot like man.

I wanted to punch the mindless robot of a woman at the child protection agency, she was no help at all and didnt look she gave a damn. I do hope the gang finds a way to help Satoko without violence. Rena and Keiichi seem to have the most memories out of everyone flooding back to them, to me this is a good sign. But again HIgurashi is great at taking hope and smashing it to pieces to dramatic effect. Ill be holding my breath for the next episode plus we are getting closer to the watanagashi festival time is ticking for heros
Old 2007-08-28, 03:25   Link #104
Exilon
Philosopher of theories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I wanted to punch the mindless robot of a woman at the child protection agency, she was no help at all and didnt look she gave a damn.

I agree with you. Furthermore, if I was Kechii, I would have brought the baseball bat along with me. xD
Old 2007-08-28, 11:24   Link #105
Rias

There's not much the agency people can do. First off, Satoko has a bad history with them in the past. Also, there are pressure from the villagers.

The most important thing is of course, Satoko did not request help this time. As we learn from Tatarigoroshi-hen, that Satoko thinks the whole thing is a trial for her. Added on the guilt she feels about her ni-ni's disappearance, she thinks that she doesn't need any outside help.
Old 2007-08-28, 13:24   Link #106
Jaden

Good episode, we don't get as much clues as from the last episode, this one's mostly progression of events. Things are looking bad, but still salvageable. None of the good guys have been driven mad or murdered.

I considered Takano's talk about the yamainu a clue, though. We see that she is the one representing the organization more than Irie. She makes descisions, and is the one to "make some calls".

Some good points were given in this thread why the organization can't use yamainu to kill Teppei before the festival, but that's nothing conclusive. In my view, they just don't want to kill him yet, in preparation to whatever they're planning for the festival day.

Also they might be intentionally inducing the madness disease in some people. Allowing Teppei to abuse Satoko, and in the past chapters giving the scrapbook to Rena...maybe they even put the needle in Kei's dinner? :P
Old 2007-08-28, 14:18   Link #107
MrZombie

There was no needle in Keiichi's ohagi. It's been mentioned over and over, but the needle was actually hot sauce that his mind then turned into a needle.
Old 2007-08-28, 14:37   Link #108
Exilon
Philosopher of theories

And here I was thinking that the needle was accidently placed there by Rena. At least she's shown in tsumihoroboshi-hen sewing and using a needle, so I thought "what if.."
Old 2007-08-28, 17:13   Link #109
MrZombie

Well they did leave out a rather important line in the ohagi scene in Minagoroshi-hen. After he says "There wouldn't be any needle" he then adds (basically) "You're the type that'd put hot sauce in, never a needle."
Old 2007-08-28, 17:18   Link #110
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I think keiichi's memory in Tsumihoroboshi implied there was no needle as well. (not too sure about it. i should try to rehook the game i guess)
weirdly enough, DEEN still has shown the ohagi, with the needle, without the former "vanishing" in season 1 -___-

OTOH, the fact they leave the needle, as it was for Minagoroshi-hen, gives keiichi mure more impact on his trust to Mion.

but again, the lack of explanation is really silly :/
Old 2007-08-28, 17:32   Link #111
Exilon
Philosopher of theories

DEEN probably thought it wasn't that important...

Even with "you're the type who'd put in hot sauce" line, it'd be hard for watchers to figure out everything about it on their own, so that's probably why they left it out. xD
Old 2007-08-28, 17:54   Link #112
Kisuke06
I see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZombie View Post
There was no needle in Keiichi's ohagi. It's been mentioned over and over, but the needle was actually hot sauce that his mind then turned into a needle.
Was that really said on the anime? Or on the TIPS? I don't remember, but it's good to know.
Old 2007-08-28, 19:32   Link #113
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Wink

Oh my God! First Keiichi, then Shion/Mion, later Rena, and now Rika went psycho.

Rika's psychosis was terrifyingly wonderful for this episode it worked at every level on the visceral and the emotional because she knows what's coming and is getting frustrated that no one is setting up a solution that will save Satoko, and therefore prevent the disaster.

Spoiler:

People, seriously I have given serious thoughts after the interaction that Rika and Keiichi had sustained since Tsumihoroboshi-hen, and I have made by decision to say that those two make a perfect couple.

Rika X Keiichi forever.
Old 2007-08-28, 22:17   Link #114
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisuke06 View Post
Was that really said on the anime? Or on the TIPS? I don't remember, but it's good to know.
The pain was caused by tabasco. The red liquid was bean paste IIRC.
Old 2007-08-28, 23:40   Link #115
Richard 23
piko piko pikori

Someone has to convince Satoko to leave the Hojo house and return to Rika's home. I understand that Satoko feels that her suffering under Teppei's abuse is atonement for Satoshi's disappearance. But that's just wrong.

The theme of trusting and confiding in one's friends is very strong in this series. The resolution lies in Satoko herself, and not in the Child Protective Service (or whatever it's called).

The answer also seems to lie in Rika seeking out the help of her friends and not abandoning herself to her fate.

Trust in your friends. Don't keep your own misery to yourself. Your friends may have answers that you yourself are unable to see. Hauuuu.

Can you believe in it?
Old 2007-08-29, 00:12   Link #116
Richard 23
piko piko pikori

Needle?

There was no needle. Keiichi was paranoid at that point. He had also heard an urban legend as a child about a needle being in food. I remember reading that, somewhere.

Besides, even if the girls were playing a prank on Kei-chan they would not put in a needle. He was simply out of his mind.

He also saw a syringe where there was only a marker, the same punishment game as before as I recall.
Old 2007-08-29, 03:35   Link #117
Exilon
Philosopher of theories

What?! It was a marker?!

There's nothing that hints it as being a marker in the anime whatsoever... I thought the syringe was something that Irie gave them to calm Keichii down...

Wow. Anything else that we see through Keichii's mind that really isn't as shown?
Old 2007-08-29, 03:45   Link #118
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

err..
The anime clearly has shown it was a marker to begin with. In tsumihoroboshi-hen, when Keiichi has his breakdown with the Memories of Onikakushi-hen, while the ohagi didn't change, the syringe gradually became a marker, and Mion says "Get better quickly, alright?"

If you pay attention to what they were "saying" despite Keiichi's delusion, you can tell Mion wanted to cheer him up with a funny Batsu Game, and use the ohagi thing as an excuse to do so. (Since keiichi didn't answer who made which ohagi)
Unfortunately, the "batsu" (so punishment) mention and the shape of the marker completely make him run wild in his imagination, along with rena grip.

The reason why irie and his men removed the marker is probably because it might be troublesome if the police find out Keiichi was mad (since he claims the evidence was a syringe)

as for the "other" delusional visions, it is most likely each "Oyashiro-sama mode" (cat/lizard eyes): all of them are delusion, and their degree depend of Keiichi's state. (some case, like Rena's USODA, it is slightly changed, but some parts like Rena satlking with her cleaver is clearly a distorded vision of the reality)
Old 2007-08-29, 03:46   Link #119
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exilon View Post
What?! It was a marker?!

There's nothing that hints it as being a marker in the anime whatsoever... I thought the syringe was something that Irie gave them to calm Keichii down...

Wow. Anything else that we see through Keichii's mind that really isn't as shown?
It was shown in Tsumihoroboshi, episode 25.

Quote:
The reason why irie and his men removed the marker is probably because it might be troublesome if the police find out Keiichi was mad (since he claims the evidence was a syringe)
Keiichi rambling about Oyashiro-sama really existing and clawing out his throat is enough to think he's mad. If they just wanted to remove the link between a syringe and Keiichi's madness then why remove the marker? I can't think of a logical explanation, aside from "for the hell of it"

Last edited by MarthX; 2007-08-29 at 03:57.
Old 2007-08-29, 05:45   Link #120
Exilon
Philosopher of theories

I have to rewatch tsumihoroboshi-hen.. I get the feeling I missed some important stuff (even though they're small details). Anyway, I watched episode 25 and 26 again (I hadn't noticed that the syringe was actually a marker on the first watch) and noticed something. At the end of episode 26, when Rika's called by Oishii, is that a reference to anything or is it just there with no purpose at all?...
Closed Thread