AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-13, 14:25   Link #41
Scy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'm fairly disappointed they keep *re-inventing* Junichi's personality for the different arcs. He really isn't the same guy even from the beginning of each arc. What I was hoping for is to watch the "same guy" evolve to a different Junichi in response to the changes in events and moments of fate that have him ending up with such different sorts of females. Ah well... too much expectation from disposable entertainment.
The problem with anime fans: everyone expects one-dimensional characters with cookie cutter personalities that's easy to figure out. And when someone like Junichi appears the concept that someone can be both awesome at times and pathetic in other times seems foreign, and people can't learn to like him for what he is: a funny pervert who can be badass at times.
Old 2010-10-13, 16:19   Link #42
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandchaosSR View Post
I agree 100% with what you said. Most people don't realize that Junichi worked hard in order to make a feasible relationship with Haruka. Junichi gets bashed for acting like a puppy or roleplaying but if you think about it he is just "going with the flow" with Haruka whims and quirkiness. And his "foolishness" was able to make Haruka notice him, later made her fell in love with him and finally they get married. Junichi was also very decisive in that arc. When Haruka let her guard down a little bit, Junichi acted quickly so that he can create favorable situations.

Junichi in other arcs have a much easier time. He doesn't even have to do much because the girl liked him first.
Thats probably why everyone likes the Haruka Arc the most besides the adorable presence of Haruka herself.
Old 2010-10-13, 16:21   Link #43
Mairsile
Athletic girls are sugoi!

I think Junichi's personality makes for one of the better protagonists in this genre. His blunt nature and random antics provide many awkward "omg" moments, yet he shows his maturity and charm when it counts in short 4-episode arcs to help deepen the relationships. Considering the short amount of time he has, I feel the actions he takes to accomplish that are quite admirable and redeeming to his character. For instance, what he's done for Ai thus far - tutoring and giving advice regarding her brother - is a pretty clear demonstration of that. Considering most other male leads run away when given the chance to get closer to the girl they like, I certainly will take Junichi's brazen archetype over the norm any day.
Old 2010-10-13, 23:34   Link #44
grandchaosSR
Servant of the Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mairsile View Post
I think Junichi's personality makes for one of the better protagonists in this genre. His blunt nature and random antics provide many awkward "omg" moments, yet he shows his maturity and charm when it counts in short 4-episode arcs to help deepen the relationships. Considering the short amount of time he has, I feel the actions he takes to accomplish that are quite admirable and redeeming to his character. For instance, what he's done for Ai thus far - tutoring and giving advice regarding her brother - is a pretty clear demonstration of that. Considering most other male leads run away when given the chance to get closer to the girl they like, I certainly will take Junichi's brazen archetype over the norm any day.
Junichi's personality is wwaaayyy better than most male anime leads.

Its annoying whenever a male character ruins a romantic situation for petty reasons which IMO is only made to prolong the story.
Old 2010-10-14, 00:42   Link #45
Knightrunner

Can people name other male leads that are worst than Junichi?
Old 2010-10-14, 02:47   Link #46
Keio
Serious Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
Can people name other male leads that are worst than Junichi?
Makoto - School Days
Old 2010-10-14, 03:04   Link #47
Mairsile
Athletic girls are sugoi!

I'm not sure if that is a serious inquiry but Junichi is leagues ahead of the average male protagonist in comedic romances. But Kio from Asobi ni Iku Yo! takes the cake as being the most utterly useless and pathetic male lead in a comedic romance. The guy was completely devoid of a personality, displayed absolutely zero interest in girls, was completely clueless to the girls' feelings and intentions, and contributed very little to the story as a whole. I asked myself at the end, "What did the females see in this worthless loser?"

I measure a male lead according to his believability factor. In short, does he have the traits that could win over the girls in the series? Does he create opportunities to bond with the girls? Do his actions help deepen the relationships? The answer to those questions is undeniably yes when the subject is Junichi. Every male lead has a "flaw" that makes him a bit of an awkward character - for Junichi, its his extreme boldness which he sometimes displays too openly. Despite this "flaw," he actually comes across as more of an average guy than many other male leads.

Last edited by Mairsile; 2010-10-14 at 03:16.
Old 2010-10-14, 09:58   Link #48
milkyjing
TCSub dev.

I think he is a cute guy. I mean he is more pure than erotic (some scenes could be considered erotic xD~, anyway...). Sometimes we find he is a little child-like, but he is also a mature guy who is always considered reliable by the heroins. ^ ^
Old 2010-10-14, 16:53   Link #49
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keio View Post
Makoto - School Days
Defiantly the worst male lead of all time....

Quote:
I think he is a cute guy. I mean he is more pure than erotic (some scenes could be considered erotic xD~, anyway...). Sometimes we find he is a little child-like, but he is also a mature guy who is always considered reliable by the heroins. ^ ^
Thats the lovable part of Junichi
Old 2010-10-14, 17:44   Link #50
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Defiantly the worst male lead of all time....
& from certain points of view, he's one of the greatest of all time.
Old 2010-10-14, 18:23   Link #51
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
& from certain points of view, he's one of the greatest of all time.
Yeah... But he really messed up in his anime which lead to... What happened next to him.... But he did have a great free-run....
Old 2010-10-15, 02:20   Link #52
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Quote:
Yeah... But he really messed up in his anime which lead to... What happened next to him.... But he did have a great free-run....
At least he got a nice boat.

:3
Old 2010-10-15, 03:02   Link #53
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I heard in School Days HQ, it's going to be a nice train.
Old 2010-10-15, 06:23   Link #54
Keio
Serious Business

It looks like we're getting pushed a bit off track here.
Old 2010-10-16, 09:23   Link #55
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I heard in School Days HQ, it's going to be a nice train.
The series that shall not be named. *cough*

He may be an idiot but he does display the right amount of dedication/sincerity when it counts.

When he isn't acting like a perverted monkey but that's kind of what makes him funny.
Old 2010-10-18, 02:09   Link #56
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Well since time repeats itself everytime a new arc starts, I'm sure Junichi cannot mess up in anyway with the other girls, when he is chasing after a certain girl. (to get us back on-topic)
Old 2010-10-24, 07:07   Link #57
JokerD

Anyone notice he got a perfect score in the shooting game back in ep 15? Maybe that's why he got into the police (Haruka arc) Sharpshooter
Old 2010-10-24, 17:04   Link #58
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
Anyone notice he got a perfect score in the shooting game back in ep 15? Maybe that's why he got into the police (Haruka arc) Sharpshooter
Junichi being a sharpshooter will be very surprising to see
Old 2010-10-25, 03:41   Link #59
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Junichi being a sharpshooter will be very surprising to see
Why would it? It was already shown that he was good in episode 15.
Old 2010-10-25, 04:09   Link #60
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Too bad he doesn't shoot very sharply where it matters.
Closed Thread