Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-08-22, 01:05   Link #2081
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
What were you expecting? This isn't a fairy tail. The world isn't miraculously going to be saved through heroic resolve. Love doesn't conquer all. Hard work and dedication isn't guaranteed to lead to success.
I expected it to live up to its slogan, "Save in the name of true love" and "a very big, a very small, fairy tail of love"

They outright lied to me

I am actually okay with that.. but you're not fooling me again Age.

Quote:
It's depressing as fuck but at least it's far more believable and compelling than the predictable generic 'high school boy, strongest in universe, beats up evil and scores all the chicks' schtick.
I prefer the kind of drama and depression in Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 07:48   Link #2082
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I expected it to live up to its slogan, "Save in the name of true love" and "a very big, a very small, fairy tail of love"

They outright lied to me

I am actually okay with that.. but you're not fooling me again Age.
Muv Luv Alternative did live up to it, from a certain point of view. To the girls, they gave their lives to protect the one they love without expecting to be loved back, saving in the name of true love. And the whole story which allowed the earth to be saved revolved around the love of a single girl, a very small, yet very big, fairytale of love.

Its the side stories that have no place in the muv luv name, even more so since they went all aged platonic love crap... and taking the 'she died in my arms' drama way too many times. If someone doesn't sacrifice themselves in the last installment of TDA i'm going to be surprised.

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 05:31   Link #2083
Key Board
Carbon

It's funny how the only way they can troll us is for TDA to NOT end horribly
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-08-23, 07:53   Link #2084
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

Somehow I don't want to know what happens in TDA 03.

柚香マイワイフ!<3
issuzark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 08:01   Link #2085
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Humanity destroys the underwater hive, destroys each other, and Hibiki walks alone across another desert to this song

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 09:20   Link #2086
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
Humanity destroys the underwater hive, destroys each other, and Hibiki walks alone across another desert to this song
Where to? Heh.

柚香マイワイフ!<3
Old 2013-08-23, 15:20   Link #2087
LystAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
If I recall, the BETA problem in TDA isn't only the underwater hive; it's also the Hive which sprung up around the USS Kennedy that's growing at a abnormal rate.

Thinking on it, I would bet that the USS Kennedy's "special" cargo was the Yokohama Reactor, which would explain why the BETA were so attracted to it in TDA 0 and why the Hive is growing so fast (as a stage 4ish reactor). Maybe a certain former prisoner of the BETA got included as well, and we're due for another "fun" reunion in TDA 3 .
LystAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 19:34   Link #2088
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LystAP View Post
If I recall, the BETA problem in TDA isn't only the underwater hive; it's also the Hive which sprung up around the USS Kennedy that's growing at a abnormal rate.

Thinking on it, I would bet that the USS Kennedy's "special" cargo was the Yokohama Reactor, which would explain why the BETA were so attracted to it in TDA 0 and why the Hive is growing so fast (as a stage 4ish reactor). Maybe a certain former prisoner of the BETA got included as well, and we're due for another "fun" reunion in TDA 3 .
Not another one....

柚香マイワイフ!<3
Old 2013-08-23, 21:20   Link #2089
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Look like no one could explain Ĺge and their logic...
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 01:05   Link #2090
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Look like no one could explain Ĺge and their logic...
The way they go out of their way to fool Suzumiya Haruka that 3 years have not passed was hilarious
Old 2013-08-24, 07:24   Link #2091
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
The way they go out of their way to fool Suzumiya Haruka that 3 years have not passed was hilarious
I pity Haruka though. Sad case is sad.

柚香マイワイフ!<3
Old 2013-08-30, 16:01   Link #2092
LystAP

Here it comes!
LystAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 18:21   Link #2093
ServantOfPriss
Slowpoke

What happened to the huge posts I saw here before?

Anyway, I'm having this feeling Kouki will imitate Shin Getter Robo in the latter part of the story regarding TDA. I wouldn't be surprised if they even ended it like Armageddon.

It'd be totally rad, if you ask me.
ServantOfPriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 18:26   Link #2094
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ServantOfPriss View Post
What happened to the huge posts I saw here before?

Anyway, I'm having this feeling Kouki will imitate Shin Getter Robo in the latter part of the story regarding TDA. I wouldn't be surprised if they even ended it like Armageddon.

It'd be totally rad, if you ask me.
Why is it not even weird.

柚香マイワイフ!<3
Old 2013-08-31, 23:55   Link #2095
calubin_175

So we should get ready for G elements Getter(not F91 Daigaioh) fighting giant space Beta and calling the multi dimension Takerus to help.
calubin_175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 11:20   Link #2096
ServantOfPriss
Slowpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by calubin_175 View Post
So we should get ready for G elements Getter(not F91 Daigaioh) fighting giant space Beta and calling the multi dimension Takerus to help.
That, and have the VOTOMS and Layzner OPs as background music.

Spoiler for for people who haven't watched Shin Getter Robo Armageddon:
Old 2013-09-01, 19:12   Link #2097
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ServantOfPriss View Post
That, and have the VOTOMS and Layzner OPs as background music.

Spoiler for for people who haven't watched Shin Getter Robo Armageddon:
What is this W40k ending.

柚香マイワイフ!<3
Old 2013-09-01, 20:41   Link #2098
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Bah, give me Valkyries.

Like I mentioned last year, the anime that would have the best chance of easily curbstomping the BETA is Macross - well, at least post-Macross Plus. A single Uraga-class or Saratoga-class carrier battlegroup - hell, a single Saratoga itself! - could cleanse Earth of BETA, because all they would need to do is get into high orbit, and then fire beam cannons at the BETA hives. At the ranges normal Macross ships fight, orbital fires out of the range of Laser and Heavy Laser-class BETA is a trivial excercise.

And again, for Wild Weasel missions, every production Valkyrie after 2040 came equipped with a pinpoint barrier - even the grunt mook VF-171 Nightmare Plus in Frontier has a PPB equipped. Given the high speeds VFs fly at, the PPB would be able to give enough protection to survive several hits from Laser-class BETA, particularly when we consider that a Laser-class is going to take several seconds to kill you.

Of course, VFs have issues with ammo storage - a single TSF assault cannon magazine has more ammo than a Valkyrie carries - but they've also got faster turnaround time than TSFs, so that's an advantage. It's basically combined arms, really.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 22:05   Link #2099
ServantOfPriss
Slowpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by issuzark View Post
What is this W40k ending.
Haha, you're not the first person to call it that.

See for yourself. I personally love that ending.

Spoiler for Ending of Shin Getter Robo Armageddon:

Getter always liked being "hardcore" for some reason. It's part of its charm.
Old 2013-09-01, 22:18   Link #2100
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

So, Getter and Gunbuster, which would you choose?

Oh, and we already have an Axe Murderer, just have to change her into Tomahawk Murderer!
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eroge, military science fiction, yuimoto