AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2007-02-23, 05:13   Link #61
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
well at first listening ~ its quite exciting...but imo i think its a bit long winded especially at the end ~ ofc the TV version wont be no where as long but still
The instrumental section at the end was drawn out because Nana-chan had to go to the backstage to get change into another costume. (I was at the concert).

Quote:
i duno...maybe when i see the OP sequence for strikers this song will get me hooked but im still in love with innocent starter ^__^
Same here, I think I will need to look at the opening to get a better idea.

When I heard it I thought it was a good song (screams Shikura as I've anticipated, as I'm pretty familiar with his music style), but I didn't think it was nearly as impressionable as Eternal Blaze, or for that matter innocent starter as well. Though it's going to be pretty hard to beat Eternal Blaze (Eternal Blaze is pretty much anisong of 2005) anyway so that's not necessarily a negative against Secret Ambition.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-23, 15:39   Link #62
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Nana Mizuki win again my heart *_*
This Song's rocks
Except the Hourra of the Public >_>
I can't wait the TV Size Song
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 08:48   Link #63
MeganeShounen
Huh?

After listening to that song, a thought occured to me.

The song's not really for Nanoha, Fate nor for Hayate.

It does seem like it's custom made for the newbie team... And perhaps not just for Subaru's future, but for everyone as well...

Anyway, can't wait until we see the full OP sequence, though I'm thinking that the screentime would be 40% Nanoha and the Aces, 40% Subaru and the newbies, and 19% for the rest of the cast, old and new.

What happened to the remaining 1%, you ask? It's for Yuuno, of course. He had little OP screentime in A's, the poor ferret... err, guy. ^_^
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 17:58   Link #64
Aisa

I've been having some trouble romanizing the lyrics haha. I'm not sure if it's just my own typos or the lyrics are a bit off. But if someone has some info that, that would be great ^^ I'd love to be able to actually sing the words with it when the official opening comes out in the TV version lol
Aisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 23:49   Link #65
Nagumo
Random Translator

A salute to our overly complicated and siscon Chrono...

He's a complicated little kid to translate. I'm not sure if I've got the translation right at all. Or at least captured the nuance of it.

09 - Nanoha & Fate, Chrono to
09 - Nanoha, Fate and Chrono

Chrono: Welcome home Fate, Nanoha.
Fate: I'm back.
Nanoha: Sorry to bother you.
Fate: Chrono, are you alone?
Chrono: Amy is giving Arf a walk. Then they're heading over to Alex for dinner. They've been eating nothing but instant food lately.
Nanoha: Oh...
Fate: I see.
Chrono: The admiral is at Fate's school meeting some teachers. However... You didn't hear/get involved in anything weird from Liese at headquarters did you?
Nanoha: Oh, heard something strange?
Fate: Like what?
Chrono: Those two are pretty skilled and do their work well but those two are cats when it comes to private things.
Nanoha: Oh they didn't say anything too weird to us. Right?
Fate: Right?
Chrono: If that's the case...
Nanoha: We were talking a bit about our future together.
Fate: According to Lieze apparently, I'm suited for executive officer work, and Nanoha is suited as a Combat Instructor for the Combat Division.
Chrono: Really, that's pretty upfront talk from those two... I wonder what they're up to. (bad translation)
Fate: What do you think Chrono?
Chrono: It's pretty accurate. It suits you, that is to say... Comparing all other qualities, it's a perfect match.
Nanoha: Really?
Chrono: Nanoha's combat ability is considerable. Your irresponsible reliance on your magic power complements your basic true character. (not well translated)
Nanoha: Er...
Chrono: Your extremely solid and quick to recover too.
Nanoha: Er... Are you praising me or are you insulting me?
Fate: Oh, he's praising you, really.
Chrono: Fate likes studying. You might even enjoy the difficult executive officer exam.
Fate: Hm.
Chrono: But whatever you decide, both are very difficult. The instructor training requires you to employ extremely high level magics. You need have the right attitude, all the more. The executive officer exam, even coming from me, the pass rate is very low.
Fate: So it seems.
Chrono: The administration is extremely undermanned. So skilled mages are always welcomed. Incidents of all sorts are always happening. Even as I'm overseeing the Yami no Sho case, there are things happening elsewhere. The main thing I keep in mind during these cases is to serve the law and people. To see them as equal despite practicality and contradictions of the situation dangling before you. I'm not saying that you should see yourself as justice itself or an overly rigid watchdog either. (bad translation)
Fate: I think I know what your saying.
Chrono: It's difficult. As long as you don't think of it, it's easy. But it's the type of job you can't help but think of it as your involved in your cases or fighting. So I'm going to be a little contradictory/selfish but I want my little sister and friends to have a more comfortable occupation than this. (bad translation)
Nanoha: That's rather complicated.
Chrono: Well, you two still have time. As I told you before Fate, you should at least stay until you graduate from Junior High school and get a general education in this world. You can even do this while your married too. You should take your time to think it over. Though right now, we need to concentrate on this case. (Whoa... did I translate you wrong Chrono?)
Fate: I guess so.
Nagumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 00:02   Link #66
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagumo View Post
Chrono: Well, you two still have time. As I told you before Fate, you should at least stay until you graduate from Junior High school and get a general education in this world. You can even do this while your married too. You should take your time to think it over. Though right now, we need to concentrate on this case. (Whoa... did I translate you wrong Chrono?)
Fate: I guess so.
I don't get what Chrono is saying. Does he encourage Fate to get married right after junior high? And keep working after that or what? Isn't it too young to be married right after junior high?
And thank you for your translation.
Old 2007-03-05, 00:04   Link #67
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Chrono: Nanoha's combat ability is considerable. Your irresponsible reliance on your magic power complements your basic true character. (not well translated)

Nanoha: Er...

Chrono: Your extremely solid and quick to recover too.

Nanoha: Er... Are you praising me or are you insulting me?

Heheh, brilliant...

'Complicated' is the right word it seems... After reading that, it makes me wonder how did he manage to attain the rank of 'Head Enforcer' at the age of 14...

@guest
He's just saying that there's no need to rush, you CAN wait UNTIL you graduate OR get married first...

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2007-03-05 at 00:37.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-08, 00:01   Link #68
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

edit: wrong thread. Taken to the "Nanoha Merchandise Thread".

Last edited by Shikimori Kazuki; 2007-03-08 at 14:35.
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 09:46   Link #69
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

I've managed to find what I believe to be a radio recording of Secret Ambition: http://www.qsztsur.com/blog/nana/sec...liegang249.mp3.

Compared to the live recording that I posted previously, this one is obviously much better.

What's your thoughts after listening? I think Secret Ambition has the potential to be better than Innocent Starter, which incidentally is my favourite amongst the many MSLN songs by Nana-chan .
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 10:31   Link #70
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

The only word I can use to describe this song: BADASS It just sounds more "hardcore" than even Eternal Blaze. Just hope the OP sequence matches the song in awesomeness

Btw, can anyone translate what they were saying at the end of the song?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 10:32   Link #71
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

My personal favorite is 'Take a shot', the insert song for the first season, it's a great song to gets you in the mood for action

'Innocent Starter' has a nice 'balance' to it, 'Eternal Blaze' is another song that gets you pumping, which fits the 2nd season as the action scenes were way better...

'Secret Ambition'... I don't know how to describe it... It gets you excited I guess , I'm judging it along the lines of 'Eternal Blaze' since it somehow reminds me of it ... It also has a kind of dark, mysterious feeling to it, during the verse. Before the start of the Chorus, I get a sense of...'Resolution' from the music... Don't know whether it makes sense to you guys

But if I have to be fussy, the only part that doesn't sound right to me is the tune near the end of the chorus, abit of a let down...

EDIT: But like what LoweGear said... The Chorus, which is my favorite part except the ending, could be best described as 'BADASS' with the caps
Old 2007-03-15, 10:40   Link #72
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Yep, Take A Shot rocks very hard, in fact the Book of Darkness punishment would've been better had it played instead of Brave Phoenix (not that I don't like the latter, just the Take A Shot is way more awesome XD).

And another thing about Secret Ambition: that dark, mysterious feeling you described, the song really does set up the assumed tone of StrikerS, which makes me even more excited on the countdown! XD

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-03-15, 10:49   Link #73
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Lol thanks... I'm now trying the impossible- Guessing the how the story would be from tune of this one opening song...

So far, I've only got the few mentioned above from memory of the poorer quality...

...Oh yeah, I share the same feeling as you about 'Brave Phoenix', by itself it's not bad but doesn't feel right...

Also, another reason why 'Take a shot' is better for that scene? It's literally what they're doing , our heroes are 'taking' shots, while the defence program is 'taking' them LOL
Old 2007-03-15, 11:00   Link #74
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Exactly XD

Although when I first learned of the song's title, and after listening to the engrish in the song, I thought Take A Shot was about basketball (I seriously thought I heard "Fade Away" in engrish, until proven otherwise )

Old 2007-03-15, 21:43   Link #75
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

wow SECRET AMBITION really sets out a different mood to what StrikerS would be like in about two weeks!!!
i really like the song
as what many of you have said already it does have that mysterious feeling
and the chorus is really good!!
the song still has that Nanoha feeling like all the theme songs had in the past two seasons
great song cant wait until two more weeks until episode one of StrikerS!!
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 21:19   Link #76
Nagumo
Random Translator

Well whaddya know. Yuuno isn't completely neglected by Nanoha.

Cellphones are indeed useful.

10 - Nanoha, Yuuno to Denwa
10 - Nanoha and Yuuno on the Phone

Chrono: Okay, take care Nanoha.
Fate: See you tomorrow.
Nanoha: Bye, bye!
Hm. I wonder if I can reach Yuuno-kun with my cellphone.
Hello? Yuuno-kun? Are you busy right now?
Oh, I'm glad.
How is it over there? Have you finally gotten into the Infinite Library (Archive)?
Oh, I see. It sounds difficult.
Oh I'm heading home right now.
Hm. We were talking about our futures and stuff. And I thought I would get the opinion of my magic teacher too.
Well, that might be true. Um, did you know? During that incident with Fate-chan... I thought, that's all there is to this. I didn't think about anything beyond collecting the Jewel Seeds with Yuuno-kun together in the beginning and then wanting to know more about Fate-chan... But... I feel that this incident is a bit different.
Oh I'm worried about Viita-chan and the others and about the Book of Darkness.
But I keep on thinking, these sorts of incidents are probably happening all over the world. And in each of these incidents, there are people like Yuuno-kun, Fate-chan and Prescia-san... There must be so many in trouble. Feeling sorrow. And making mistakes.
With all of this happening, what could I possibly do?
Oh sorry, sorry for calling you and talking about this so suddenly.
Thank you.
And so I thought, I wanted to talk to you and get your opinion Yuuno-kun. Oh it doesn't have to be right now or anything. Don't worry about it. When your not busy with work or on break, since I can finally get in touch with you by cellphone.
Right, so if Yuuno-kun has a problem you want to talk about too don't hesitate to contact me. You're familiar with the mail feature right?
Yeah, your right.
Hm. Haha. Thank you. I feel better now. Anyways, good night.
Talk to you again, Yuuno-kun.
Yeah, I'll do my best!
Old 2007-03-16, 23:38   Link #77
Nagumo
Random Translator

OI VEY!
Seven minutes of translation. I felt pain... lots of pain

01 - Hayate, Kitaku
01 - Hayate, Returning Home

Hayate: I guess it was the same as usual morning, I stayed over at a friend's house and was driven to my home.
I feel great.
Signum: Thank for your hard work, Master Hayate.
Hayate: To be thanked for 'my hard work' for staying at a friend's place. Signum, did you have any problems while I was gone last night?
Signum: No, not a thing. We happily ate dinner too.
Hayate: That's good.
Shamal: I've sent Noel safely back.
Hayate: Thank you Shamal. Oh, where's Viita and Zafira?
Signum: They're with the neighbourhood association. They said they'll be home by evening.
Hayate: I see.
Shamal: Viita's very popular amongst the grannies and grampies of the neighbourhood association.
Hayate: It was truly, a normal morning. Huh, Yami no sho is...
Shamal: Why is ir rushing around like that?
Signum: It still isn't activated. Seems to be in stand-by mode like before.
Hayate: I guess it's been awhile since I left it's side. Perhaps it was lonely. Come over here Yami no sho. What a good child... There, there.
Shamal: It seems like it has gotten really fond of Hayate.
Hayate: It's never acted like this with the other masters?
Signum: No, at least according to our memory.
Hayate: Oh, that tickles.
Shamal: Well, it's good that your getting along.
Hayate: Yup. There, there. Good girl.
I, Yagami Hayate, am a normal third grade girl. The only difference between me and other people is that I am currently using a wheelchair due to a disease. And due to the circumstances I'm taking a break from school. Oh and this child is the powerful other worldly Yaten no Madou Sho (Magic Book of the Night Sky) I inherited. In other words, I am the master (owner) of Yami no Sho. (badly translated in some places)
Sorry about that Yami no Sho, leaving you all alone. I would have liked to bring you along with me but when Suzuka-chan came over, you weren't on the bookshelf. You shouldn't be out and about too much either, Yami no sho.
Yami no sho had drained a great many mages of their magic and gathers them to fill it's pages as a source of power. An extremely powerful storage device. The way it goes about gathering it's power though is very rough though, so I haven't given it permission to go gather. So right now, this child is a completely blank (white page) book. Well, it floats here and there, and such though. Hey you can't do that.
Shamal: It acts just like a pet now.
Signum: Well, that's not such a bad thing.
Hayate: And the Yami no Sho guardian knights who protect and work to gather magic for it, are these children here. The Knight of the Blade, the Blazing (inferno, conflagaration, raging flame... think fire) General/Commander Signum and Knight of the Lake, the Healing Wind, Shamal. The others who are out is the Scarlet Iron Viita and the Azure Wolf, Zafira.
*Yawn.*
Shamal: Oh my.
Hayate: Ahaha... This isn't good, I spent so long talking last night that I didn't get much sleep at all.
Shamal: I see.
Hayate: Suzuka's bed was real soft so I couldn't really relax either.
Signum: I see, would you like to take a rest then?
Hayate: Hm, I don't want my exhaustion to bother me when I'm cooking and make everyone wait hungry. I guess I'll go and rest a bit.
Signum: Let me take you to your bed.
Hayate: Thank you. We have ground beef, so tonight we'll have hamburger.
Signum: That is good. Viita will particularly be happy.
Shamal: Yes. Signum, be careful.
Signum: Right...
Hayate: Okay. To bed, I go...
Shamal: Is Hayate-chan asleep already?
Signum: Shamal, blanket. Shamal, is our master only tired? Are you sure there's no influence/effect from Yami no sho?
Shamal: I just checked right now. There doesn't seem to be anything different from last night.
Signum: Nothing?
Shamal: Yes, Yami no sho is still eroding Hayate's body and linker core but it is still limited to her legs only at this moment.
Signum: So it slowed down a little? I know, don't worry Yami no sho. Our master is all right.
Shamal: She's all right, so don't worry.
Let's not bother her sleep. Let's leave.
Signum: Yeah...
Shamal: You too, Yami no Sho.
Signum: But there's one thing that concerns me though.
Shamal: What?
Signum: Last night as I talked with Master Hayate on the phone, the Master called me the Blazing General/Commander. The Blazing General/Commander of the Wolkenritter shouldn't be so depressed.
Shamal: That second title/name...
Signum: It's not a name that she would use for us. The only thing that calls me that... is the complete incarnation of the Yami no Sho.
Shamal: It can't be...

Hayate: Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's Sound Stage 02. Episode 6.5 [The distant light of the night sky].
Old 2007-03-17, 01:47   Link #78
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I knew it! Yuuno is still important! She's just too shy to let others know!

Hehe, picturing it in my mind, the Nanoha phone call scene was pretty sweet =)

Thanks for the translation!
Old 2007-03-17, 04:09   Link #79
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
The only word I can use to describe this song: BADASS It just sounds more "hardcore" than even Eternal Blaze. Just hope the OP sequence matches the song in awesomeness
im sure they will somehow make the OP sequence fit i can just think of how badass it would be to show the grown up trio firing a blast each to end the world
well listening to the song again shows some improvement...but still i love innocent starter as my number 1

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-17, 04:21   Link #80
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Personally, I find it hard to envision that Secret Ambition would have an unfitting OP video to go along with the audio. The studio must be drunk on stupor if they can't get it right. I thought that S.A may very well be one of the most OP video-friendly songs I've heard in a while, even when compared to friendly songs like Eternal Blaze and Innocent Starter. Well, at least when compared to songs like...Kaidoku Fuuno, COLORS, Heartbeat or D.Gray-Man's OP... this song feels so easy.

Like I said previously, the flow of the song is sang like it was made for an OP video. It has the pre-OP instrumental, the generic character flow showcase vocals, the fast-paced "dut DuT DUT" where we get 1 second flashes of potential villians/etc, the vocal-change-tone where it's normally adjusted for the traditional-action-in-the-OP video and lastly, the wrap-up.

It's the most standard method in OP-executions, but it works damn well.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
music