AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-02-26, 18:02   Link #81
grecefar

They must have been pretty bad for that reaction with the others. I was a good thing that the curse humble them, I wonder if their mother was like that too?

I didn't expect to see the blue demon girl so soon. Man, so many harem cadidates but no hope for it ;A;
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-27, 01:48   Link #82
Huh...?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-27, 12:03   Link #83
Frontier

So Rona and Shiki intrigue, Makoto and Eva, and...the "pervert dragon" pays a visit to Makoto ?

Also, Shifu in the bath with those boobs (no wonder Yuno is jealous) !
Old 2024-02-29, 10:11   Link #84
AndrewR5D4

If Makoto didn't hate hyumans, maybe he could have a harem. Not all of them appear to be obsessed with beauty and hateful towards demi-humans. The Rembrandt sisters seem to like Makoto despite his plain appearance (as evidenced by their desire to be his primary wives) and Toa has an elf and dwarf in her adventurer's party. Not to mention that girl from the beginning of season 2 was friends with a werewolf...

On a side note, his parents were also hyumans, meaning Makoto and his sisters are of the same race. Does he hate the species or just the toxic culture propagated by the Goddess?
AndrewR5D4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-29, 10:36   Link #85
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR5D4 View Post
If Makoto didn't hate hyumans, maybe he could have a harem. Not all of them appear to be obsessed with beauty and hateful towards demi-humans. The Rembrandt sisters seem to like Makoto despite his plain appearance (as evidenced by their desire to be his primary wives) and Toa has an elf and dwarf in her adventurer's party. Not to mention that girl from the beginning of season 2 was friends with a werewolf...

On a side note, his parents were also hyumans, meaning Makoto and his sisters are of the same race. Does he hate the species or just the toxic culture propagated by the Goddess?
Definitely the latter. He's fine with you if you're straight with him and not outwardly malicious.
Old 2024-02-29, 12:35   Link #86
Tenzen12

Not quite. He can accept hyuamans if they are part of his faction, but he wouldn't lift finger if millions unrelated ones were dying in front of him.
Old 2024-02-29, 19:02   Link #87
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Not quite. He can accept hyuamans if they are part of his faction, but he wouldn't lift finger if millions unrelated ones were dying in front of him.
I don't know if he would be completely unaffected if a bunch of people were dying in front of him...I guess it would depend on the context.
Old 2024-03-01, 05:16   Link #88
Tenzen12

I guess that's fair, but even if it depending on context tells lot.
Old 2024-03-01, 05:29   Link #89
scififan

Quote:

The information from the last season shows the goddess hates people who don't look beautiful, or human like creature. It is why all human in isekai look beautiful, and human kingdoms are at war with demon. Makoto's parents and sisters meet the standard of goddess, so they will be safe from the harm of the goddess. The curse of the goddess forbids Makoto to talk to human in isekai. The human fear Makoto because his power is too strong, as he is a demon god. In response, Makoto doesn't want to take side. He is certain his main enemy is the goddess. He sees anyone else not against him can be his friends. Even the guild master and his butler have dark past, they are Makoto's friends just because they are not antagonizing him.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-04, 11:34   Link #90
Frontier

You know it's serious when Lime is out of contact and they skip the OP (and ED!) !

Lime really bought off more than he can chew, encountering someone way above his weight class who can shrug off everything he throws at them and even dispell his telepathy...oh, and he's voiced by Yoshitsugu Matsuoka. Lime didn't have a chance .

But hey, there's worse things in the world than getting locked in a cell with Eva! Who was investigating the organization for her own purposes and just stumbled into helping (and getting captured with) Lime. And when Lime easily escapes, the pair stumble into the depravity and horror of the experimentation being perpetrated on Hyumans and Demihumans alike. At least Lime let them die in peace .

Dang, Shiki was all pumped for some solo revenge on his masters' behalf and Lime just casually strolls in and solves their problem .

Eva knew Makoto's parents!? He's the son of a noble and priestess who were about to be wed before the demons attacked the nation holding their wedding and they disappeared!? And Eva and Luria are both from said nation and were branded as cowards for abandoning their homeland to survive and have been living with that guilt and a desire to take back their home this whole time? That's why Eva was involved with the organization, though it doesn't seem like she was completely aware of what they were doing, she just knew they opposed the Goddess. That's a lot .

You know it's serious when Mio and Tomoe show up to back Makoto up...but Luto is all smiles and charm and just seems to want to get along...but he knows everything about Makoto, including his problems with the Goddess. Because he's not just some guildmaster, he's a greater dragon !

And not only that, but he...is also technically a she, having been a woman for a long period of time and even falling in love with a human (is this the same human Luto learned about guilds from?), which also means Luto is down for romancing and sexing up Makoto, either as a man or a woman, which earns Mio and Tomoe's ire. I wouldn't mind seeing more of Luto's female form .

Rona sizing up Kuzunoha? I don't think that will go as well for her as she thinks .

Huh, I guess a "level" is something that only a person who played video games would really think of, which is why it exists in the guilds. And not only do the levels give the Hyumans something to aspire too, but it helps with population control because they inevitably end up biting more than they can chew and dying in the process. An ingenious way of both giving the Goddess something she might want AND undermining her and the Hyumans at the same time .

So there's some kind of timey-wimey stuff going on with this Isekai and getting transported doesn't always coincide chronologically with where you are in Japan...which means it's harder, but not impossible, for Makoto to go back .

Tomoe for her part is sad at the prospect of Makoto having a human lifespan, but in a world where the two other Heroes have seemingly given up on going home and instead embracing this world, could Makoto be the one to find a way to go freely from both and embrace both worlds? Whatever the case, he'll always have Mio and Tomoe on his side backing him up .
Old 2024-03-04, 14:55   Link #91
AndrewR5D4

Makoto can't go back to Earth because of the divine contract his parents agreed to. They are only allowed to stay if one of their children remains in the Goddess's world. If he were to go home, it would mean either his parents would be sent back, or one of his sisters would be taken in his place.

That being said, the laws can be broken. The Goddess had no authority to summon two more humans from Earth as it was not in the contract, nor is the planet in her jurisdiction. I think Tsukuyomi also found a loophole by granting Makoto his blessing, indirectly meddling in her world without having to personally involve himself.

It's possible this was secretly a ploy to unseat the Goddess. He gave Makoto his powers and now needs to spend 100 years slumbering to regain them, meaning the boy literally has the powers of a deity even if he can't utilize them completely at this point. Tomoe stated his full power is comparable to the Goddess. If he learns how to unlock his full potential, it's possible Makoto will ascend and defeat her.

Since full-fledged Gods can transcend worlds, he could theoretically see his family again if he accomplishes this.
AndrewR5D4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-04, 15:23   Link #92
grecefar

I would like to see woman luto in the future.

It was an interesting conversation they had, good chapter. With all that said there is a chance that makoto can see his family again. Good to know.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-04, 15:54   Link #93
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Yeah I really wasn't expecting this deep of a lore on traveling between worlds and unseating deities on what is supposedly yet another generic isekai series, I've even forgot that he had all these powers because of another deity from the original Earth
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-04, 20:32   Link #94
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
Yeah I really wasn't expecting this deep of a lore on traveling between worlds and unseating deities on what is supposedly yet another generic isekai series, I've even forgot that he had all these powers because of another deity from the original Earth
All is an overstatement, his mana amount is because of his insane archery training and magic abilities are likely inborn, only the "kai" is from Tsukuyomi.

Btw, I hate this theme in JP fantasy about 100-year insurmountable lifespan. Seriously, you have a power fantasy with dragons changing into human bodies and infinite lifespan people, might as well make it so that either mana amount extends lifespan or there are for example ways to change race into a long-living one, why the cold shower of realism?
Quote:
Makoto can't go back to Earth because of the divine contract his parents agreed to. They are only allowed to stay if one of their children remains in the Goddess's world. If he were to go home, it would mean either his parents would be sent back, or one of his sisters would be taken in his place.
I don't remember this exactly, but wasn't it only "has to go to isekai" and not "stay"? After all, the meaning would be similar if he can't return on his own.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-04, 22:23   Link #95
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm surprised Makoto took a while to react to the whole video game thing. The conversation kept going for a while before he actually clued in that this didn't make sense. But I guess anyone can have a moment of not thinking clearly with that weirdo around.

Not sure what to make of Luto. What was the point and what is that dragon after? Is he just trying to make Makoto into some sort of god because he's just bothered with how the goddess has run things all this time? Maybe. Not like Makoto gaining supreme power will bring back the human Luto was close to originally. The guild thing was pretty messed up too. I wonder if the human Luto was close to understood what Luto was trying to accomplish with that setup or even pushed for it? A system that encourages people to aim for higher and higher only to eventually fall short and killing off humanity's strongest individuals. Though I guess if you are aiming for something like balance you'll end up with a lot of blood on your hands...so maybe that system isn't a surprise.

And for someone that was there to talk, Luto was outright trying to pick a fight as openly as possible. I salute the incredible self-restraint that Mio and Tomoe have picked up along the way. I mean wow. They actually held up from obliterating the town.

If nothing else Luto should be a good bit of drama that will push Tomoe and Mio further into action. They might get more desperate to "claim Makoto" before anything else happens.

I guess the strange passage of time would make things even more complicated when it comes to getting back. Though it doesn't seem impossible. Just very risky the way things are right now. But if Makoto keeps gathering power then anything might be on the table. It's a weird thing to push Makoto towards becoming divine himself. But if he reaches that level and gains the immortality such a thing would conceivably imply...that would be good for Tomoe and Mio.

My condolences to Lime. He ended up feeling down here, but he did a nice job in this episode. He got out of a pinch without any backup and even put a tracker on Luto. It gave them some warning ahead of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
All is an overstatement, his mana amount is because of his insane archery training and magic abilities are likely inborn, only the "kai" is from Tsukuyomi.

Btw, I hate this theme in JP fantasy about 100-year insurmountable lifespan. Seriously, you have a power fantasy with dragons changing into human bodies and infinite lifespan people, might as well make it so that either mana amount extends lifespan or there are for example ways to change race into a long-living one, why the cold shower of realism?

I don't remember this exactly, but wasn't it only "has to go to isekai" and not "stay"? After all, the meaning would be similar if he can't return on his own.
As for the contract, I'm pretty sure you are right. If she was that obsessed with the contract she would have sent Makoto back and demanded a sibling that wasn't "ugly". Instead she just dumped him in the wastelands and grabbed her own choices for heroes. If she was paying that much attention to Makoto's movements things would be far more problematic. Pretty sure if he did go back home she'd never even notice or care.

The lifespan thing is just good for drama so I'm not surprised they stick with it. Plus there's a sense of rationality to it. No matter how supreme a person is in terms of abilities human lifespan isn't something that can be overcome. That goes for athletes, geniuses, or any other supremely gifted person. Those don't make people live for thousands of years so not strange that writers would keep it the same with mana.

At the very least there's no reason to discard that source of drama so early. Much like there's not much point in making the character skip to the end of their journey at the beginning. And I don't think it's so much a JP fantasy thing...but stories in general. If you want a human main character you can't just discard all the basic things that make someone human.
Old 2024-03-05, 16:45   Link #96
Strahan

For claiming he wasn't there to fight, Luto sure liked to press their buttons heh. If I were Makoto I'd be like "well, if seducing me was your aim, should've stayed as a woman". The woman form was pretty easy on the eyes, lol. As a guy, I'd just want to punch him in the face for attacking one of my men. Hotties though; I'm open to consideration of mitigating circumstances, heh.

Speaking of attacking his men... what was the point of that anyway? I don't see what Luto got out of smacking Lime around other than to meet Makoto on antagonistic terms.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-10, 16:06   Link #97
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
For claiming he wasn't there to fight, Luto sure liked to press their buttons heh. If I were Makoto I'd be like "well, if seducing me was your aim, should've stayed as a woman". The woman form was pretty easy on the eyes, lol. As a guy, I'd just want to punch him in the face for attacking one of my men. Hotties though; I'm open to consideration of mitigating circumstances, heh.
He's open to whatever but he prefers homosexual male sex.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-11, 10:57   Link #98
Frontier

You may not like Rona, her devious tactics or her shameless outfit, but you can't argue with her results !

Rona for her part has accomplished everything she set out to do and is happy to leave, and with better respect for Makoto, even to the point of being willing to give him an audience with the Demon King! Though it's kind of funny how she warns him about his comrades when she still has no idea how powerful he is and just how well aware he is of everything .

Well, it didn't take long to deal with Bright! Makoto can agree with a lot of his and his organizations' goals and opinions when it comes to the Goddess, but he can't abide by their experiments. So Bright has to die .

Good for Makoto that now the Rembrandt sisters are warding off his other suitors, especially because they'll have to compete with them for him !

Ilum is still taking performance enhancing drugs and having the natural outcome of taking said drugs .

It's a shame "Karen" is gone, but it's nice to see the class working together to come up with strategies to take down Mr. Blue Lizard...of course then Makoto just brings in another Blue Lizard for them to fight to keep them on their toes and beaten on the ground .

But the class is so committed to getting stronger that they're willing to spend their Summer Break, and their own money, to get further trained by Makoto! And he's willing to keep up their training once a week, and make sure the Rembrandt sisters see their poor father !

They did it! They actually managed to make Mr. Blue Lizard kneel! Now it's time for them to face him with more of his actual power just when they were getting more confident .

Zwein is a delicate maiden! You shouldn't be calling her a "Jerk" !

"Not the face!" - she totally got hit in the face .

Abelia is head over heels in love with Shiki! And he is single, even if she's willing to settle for being 2nd or 3rd wife to be with him, which is very cute .

The class having a bit of a training camp out in the wild and fighting Demidragons they're underleveled against...but luckily Eris is fighting for banana's and shows up, kills the dragon, slaps some chests and pays off others, refuses to elaborate further..and leaves. Good on Makoto making sure someone is there to watch his class .
Old 2024-03-11, 17:42   Link #99
leongsh
Daijoubu!

It is very easy to manage Eris ("No banana, no life") - offer her bananas as reward. Makoto is the only supplier of it in that whole world (and demiplane). Smart move by Makoto to have Eris watch over his students. He put in effort teaching them and is not ready to lose them. It would also look badly on Shiki and him if they got hurt since it was Shiki who suggested the class go monster hunting in the wild.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-12, 01:03   Link #100
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well alls well that ends well. Bit off more than they could chew. But thankfully they did get a bodyguard assigned to them. The power of bananas is reliable if nothing else. Hopefully they gain something from all this summer training.

Poor guy probably thought they were in an age where you could call a girl a jerk and have it be acceptable .

It's interesting that Makoto figures it's all good if his students are beaten into a bloody pulp, but it's an issue if they have to face the news of a classmate passing away. In a world like this that shouldn't be overwhelmingly devastating. Plus...the girl Rona impersonated is dead. Not like Rona is going to show up in that guise again.

If nothing else this is making it clear that Makoto truly has the singularly greatest military on that planet. Not even a competition. The top end with him Mio, and Tomoe is beyond busted. But even the warriors from the demihumans are absolutely broken. At this point I think the Goddess herself is the only actual threat and even then she's not much of one since I doubt she'd want to get her hands dirty to that degree.