Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-01-28, 10:16   Link #41
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
Watch this only if you want to timepass.

The story isn't good or bad, while the Animation goes from average to horrible quite regularly.

Dialogues are cheesy as well.
I mean, the MC didn't want to create a Clan because he wouldn't have freedom or time to do any Adventure Work (making it harder for him to find the cure for his Sister), as apparently he believed that running a Clan is a Solo job, and asking someone else to help with his work would bother others.

I would have atleast understood that logic if MC was the type who did all the work in his previous party (like many of those Airhead jack-of-all-trade/housekeeper type MC's whose only work was support or solo management of the party).
But that's not the case here.
To be fair, they aren't asking him to make a party, or to make a normal clan. They're asking him to make a specialized clan to deal with the local labyrinth and protect the city from potentially dangerous outsiders. At least for the foreseeable future, his clan would likely be primarily focused on local work. A boss IS typically expected to do a lot, especially early on, so it is reasonable for him to think he'd be held down for some time. And considering that he doesn't really have any way of knowing when his sister's illness will take a sudden turn for the worse, or how long it will take to find a labyrinth containing the treasure he needs, any delay could be devastating.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-29, 12:20   Link #42
Rasty

I agree with the overall sentiment in the thread. The show isn't bad and I am sticking with it for the time being, but it's quite boring.

I also have a few problems with the MC. Firstly he is a bit too robotically "good". His main motivation is supposedly to save his sister's life by exploring labyrinths and finding a legendary thing there. However, when he gets thrown out of the "strongest" party that has the highest chance to find it he isn't sad, he isn't angry, he is like "Yeah, OK, good luck, I am gonna return home". That makes no sense considering how everything around him turns around saving his sister which from his perspective just became almost impossible.

The same with the new labyrinth. So a new labyrinth that can potentially have the cure inside appears right next to him. One would expect him to at least think straight away about exploring it, possibly to struggle with the decision of whether to risk leaving the sister alone is worth it. But instead, we see him saving random people around the town for weeks without even considering this. It just makes no sense.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-30, 09:49   Link #43
EroKing

NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2024-02-03, 20:33   Link #44
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Well, the bit with Kyglas was a surprise. I guess this is the rare Expulsion story where actually no one is an irredeemable bastard.
Old 2024-02-03, 23:38   Link #45
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Sister kissing salvaged the show for me at least this week. We'll see about next...
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-04, 00:16   Link #46
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm not entirely surprised by the Kyglas apology. Mostly since while he had attitude, his choice to cut Rud wasn't irrational. It was entirely possible that there was some inherent problem with Rud's skill that was making things dangerous for the party. While he could have handled things in a smoother way it wasn't a choice that was irrational. He's not the main character so the female cast won't give him any credit, but at least Rud was a good guy and accepted it.

Kind of agree with the show kind of being dull. Not awful, but just kind of "here". Which is better than being terrible to be honest.

It's just a bit too on the point with the cliches. Rud makes a completely sensible call to fall back. With how much they fought here they could absolutely draw up a better plan. But suddenly everyone is ready to roll over dead for Rud's goals to help his sister. Despite not knowing if anything in this labyrinth would help with that and despite most of them not exactly putting up a fight when Rud was fired in the first place. If they all love him this much why didn't everyone threaten to quit if Rud was fired ?

There was no ticking clock here. At the very least the show has made it really clear that while Manacia is "sick" she's not about to keel over anytime soon. She has way more good days than bad ones. She's honestly one of the most chipper and healthy characters I've ever seen that are dying of an incurable disease.

At least the twins making out helped bolster the episode.
Old 2024-02-04, 13:15   Link #47
Lex79

Wasn't expecting the hero to not be a complete scumbag, I don't tghink he'll stick around even if forgiven but who knows.
I also wasn't expecting they'd found the miraculous treasure this soon, but looks like more are needed so the quest is still ongoing.
We got the twins kissing, does this imply the imouto is a legit harem candidate?
Old 2024-02-04, 14:20   Link #48
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
Wasn't expecting the hero to not be a complete scumbag, I don't tghink he'll stick around even if forgiven but who knows.
I also wasn't expecting they'd found the miraculous treasure this soon, but looks like more are needed so the quest is still ongoing.
We got the twins kissing, does this imply the imouto is a legit harem candidate?
I think whether he'll stick around depends somewhat on how their skills work specifically. Both depend on shield points (I'm just going to call it that because it rather looks like it's something along the lines of a hit point layer above one's actual HP). Kyglas's drains what shield points are present to unleash a massive hit, while Rud's creates a hit with power based on the amount of shield points lost up to that point. If Rud's skill includes shield points drained for the sake of an attack, it would be beyond OP as Kyglas could just spam his finisher to charge Rud's. I doubt it works that way though, seems like it's limited to shield points lost as damage, in which case they'd be drawing from both sides: damage taken to increase Rud's attack would reduce the shield points available for Kyglas, and Kyglas's attack would reduce the number of shield points they could let enemies take to charge Rud's. In this case, working together weakens the both of them.

Then again, this all the more makes me want to see a story with someone like Kyglas as the main character. Something like this is really perfect for a story where the expelling party is the MC; could even to a dual story, on one side telling about the powerful tank who didn't realize how strong he was, and on the other side the fairly-strong fighter who overestimated his skills due to the tank's support, and both grow and become heroes and leaders separately. He's only on the border, but I think Kyglas could work as the hero on the other side in such a dual story.
Old 2024-02-04, 16:07   Link #49
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

I damn nearly fell off the couch when he gave the miracle thingie to his sister and then going went 'But now we need more', excuse me wasnt the whole point of your journey to find that wish granting rock (that he wasnt even sure it existed in the first place) to cure her, and it didnt even fully cure her?...
Old 2024-02-04, 16:29   Link #50
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
I damn nearly fell off the couch when he gave the miracle thingie to his sister and then going went 'But now we need more', excuse me wasnt the whole point of your journey to find that wish granting rock (that he wasnt even sure it existed in the first place) to cure her, and it didnt even fully cure her?...
Yeah, that was a "whaaaaaaa?" moment for me as well. Talk about stretching out the premise...
Old 2024-02-07, 03:42   Link #51
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I think whether he'll stick around depends somewhat on how their skills work specifically. Both depend on shield points (I'm just going to call it that because it rather looks like it's something along the lines of a hit point layer above one's actual HP). Kyglas's drains what shield points are present to unleash a massive hit, while Rud's creates a hit with power based on the amount of shield points lost up to that point. If Rud's skill includes shield points drained for the sake of an attack, it would be beyond OP as Kyglas could just spam his finisher to charge Rud's. I doubt it works that way though, seems like it's limited to shield points lost as damage, in which case they'd be drawing from both sides: damage taken to increase Rud's attack would reduce the shield points available for Kyglas, and Kyglas's attack would reduce the number of shield points they could let enemies take to charge Rud's. In this case, working together weakens the both of them.

Then again, this all the more makes me want to see a story with someone like Kyglas as the main character. Something like this is really perfect for a story where the expelling party is the MC; could even to a dual story, on one side telling about the powerful tank who didn't realize how strong he was, and on the other side the fairly-strong fighter who overestimated his skills due to the tank's support, and both grow and become heroes and leaders separately. He's only on the border, but I think Kyglas could work as the hero on the other side in such a dual story.
I think it's more likely their abilities are competing rather than synergic, so the hero will to stay in a different party. We'll see.
Following Kyglas while he seeks redemption in side stories might work, yeah.
Old 2024-02-10, 19:14   Link #52
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
In some ways it sure feels like the story is trying to backpedal on how bad it wants Kyglas to look. Even having this jerk admit to giving him the bad advice of getting rid of his tank. Obviously it was still his call at the end (and honestly I still think in that situation it wasn't objectively bad). But he's becoming less and less someone that needs redemption and just needs to get a break and start fresh.

Honestly I would be more interested in seeing the story focus more on Kyglas needing to pick himself back up and find a party composition that works for his skillset. I get his skills and Ruds not really working ideally together. Sadly only one of them can get a winning benefit from Rud's shield getting drained. And it's not unreasonable for Rud to want to keep that benefit for himself since it'd be adding an extra body for mostly the same results.

Sadly right now all Kyglas has going for him is the title of hero. He doesn't have a party, his health, or a good way to make use of his skill. Honestly I'm not sure how he's doing since I don't think he was mentioned in episode 6.

As for that episode, it was fine. Rud's situation continues to be a win. He gets an utterly OP ally that covers any attacking issues they could have. Plus the labyrinth is frankly broken as a concept. Can abuse Rud's own shield to create points, can get a variety of monsters that will be rotated as needed to keep this one of the most popular dungeons out there, and it won't be that much work either.

Lot of good stuff for Nin here. Got enough cute moments with Rud to keep her satisfied. And even got the satisfaction of Rud basically saying he wouldn't let anyone else have her. Clearing the labyrinth sounds like a major undertaking, except we haven't really gotten a feel for how busted this group is at present. With their current lineup they should be fine against most threats and able to handle further humanoid guardians.
Old 2024-02-10, 21:39   Link #53
scififan

Putting mosaic on a chocolate ice cream(?) is really unnecessary, unless they want to pull off some dirty joke prank.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-11, 10:31   Link #54
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
Putting mosaic on a chocolate ice cream(?) is really unnecessary, unless they want to pull off some dirty joke prank.
The common thought on Crunchy is that she was either eating a cockroach or something Mushroom shaped.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-11, 13:12   Link #55
Lex79

Seems like the two clans leader aren't also jerks but are willing to give Rud a chance of he can back his claims with his actions.
Nin is trying to claim the role of main romantic interest for herself, let's see if she'll have and easy win or she'll face competition in the next episodes.
I like that Rud doesn't act like a doormat even when in front of strong and influential people. Let's hope he will always stay this determined.
We know have to conquer another dungeon with a sentient guardian, I guess we'll soon meet the lady from the opening and Rud will soon have a new addition to his party.
Old 2024-02-11, 21:32   Link #56
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

I think the highlight of the episode was tryna figure out why they censored Nin's food, was she eating something phallic, was she eating something gross, why no one in universe acknowledge it, is it some random japan moral guardian thing that makes zero sense here in the west?
Old 2024-02-13, 19:08   Link #57
Strahan

Maybe they did it simply because they knew it'd make people be all like "wtf...??" lol
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-02, 14:56   Link #58
EroKing

Episode 9

Boss character before vs after you defeat them
Old 2024-03-03, 07:19   Link #59
EroKing

NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2024-03-03, 12:17   Link #60
Lex79

Got another dungeon guardian in the party and maybe another girl into the harem. Would've been better if both twins kissed him but it might be only a matter of time. Top bad Rud isn't interested in romance for now...but at least he has a motivation instead of simply being an annoying dense protagonist.