AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-25, 16:35   Link #41
Tamekichi
流離っている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamekichi View Post
Updated with Ch. 5
Old 2008-04-27, 21:27   Link #42
Operation Shoestring
Brigade Logistics Officer

Title: Elect of God
Author: Artistshipper aka Satori aka Operation Shoestring
Fandom: Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi
Rating: PG
Pairing/Characters: Asahina
Genre: Backstory
Summary/Hook/Blurb: Asahina wasn't sure she was the right person for the Job. But you can't argue with being chosen by God.
Story: A hop and a skip and away we go

Title: Thine is the Kingdom
Author: Artistshipper
Fandom: Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi
Rating: PG
Pairing/Characters: Ensemble
Genre: Angst/Philosophical
Summary/Hook/Blurb: You'd think people would notice the end of the world immediately. But it just sort of crept up on us. Even though we were expecting it, really.
Story: Follow the Bouncing Ball
Old 2008-04-28, 00:07   Link #43
Tamekichi
流離っている

Quote:
z0mg Chapter 6 update.
Old 2008-05-04, 23:14   Link #44
Tamekichi
流離っている

Quote:
Chapter 7 has been added.
Old 2008-05-15, 21:40   Link #45
Tamekichi
流離っている

Quote:
Well, I didn't post in here when I ujpdated with Ch 8.

But now I've updated with Ch 9, bringing the story to almost 50,000 words.

The lull of the end of the year is allowing me to write more.
Old 2008-09-18, 04:41   Link #46
Sol Falling

Ah, since I haven't posted in the Haruhi forum for a while; and also because most of the discussion I'm seeing has been season two speculation; here's a pretty good fanfic which I've found.

This author has produced what is far and away the best Suzumiya Haruhi fanfiction I've seen around:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3521048/1/Architecture

Tsuruya-centric, this piece posits a scenario where our favourite Honourary Brigade member has been made a puppet of the MSQE. Begin here, then proceed to "Elusive Dominion". Finally, the multi-parter "Ten Hundred Thousand Suns Rising to Hail You" awaits you, which is nearing completion.

Although the vocabulary is oblique, this series provides some fascinating characterization for several underdeveloped characters (Tsuruya chief among them) and a compelling storyline centered upon the new antagonists introduced in Volume 9, which I have found infinitely digestable as I wait for the official continuation.
Old 2008-09-21, 14:28   Link #47
Tunafishisgood
Tuna Lover

-_- there is Haruhi in this crossover story... Beginning section.
from http://worldsofharuhi.nkru87.com/wiki/Main_Page

Spoiler for The Story:

Last edited by Tunafishisgood; 2008-09-21 at 20:51.
Old 2009-01-16, 07:25   Link #48
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
I suppose you could call this a necro-bump, but I've recently dived into writing fanfics in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, which has a fandom that I'm relatively impressed by. Most of the fanfiction I would say has some merit and is very entertaining to read.

I'm a fan of drama, and Haruhi really works well with drama, so I would say that if you are searching for a nice story to read, you should look at these two in particular.\:

Unmasked Eyes, a story about Koizumi reflecting on his true purpose in the Brigade.

and

The Death of Haruhi Suzumiya, Self-Explanatory, but amazingly entertaining

Stories on humor or romance are more common though, so if that floats your boat, that's fine. Currently, I'm working on my own story in the genre. I'm trying something rather different and rare compared to other writers. There is an original character but I do believe that shouldn't ruin your reading experience. And this is a series I think that works well with original characters since interaction plays such a strong role in anything that happens.

The Cracks of Broken Mosaics
Old 2009-05-09, 09:53   Link #49
OkamiNoKaze

Anyone know if there's a decent Haruhi/Dr. Who Crossover? I think it would be hilarious
Old 2009-05-09, 10:58   Link #50
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Itsuko was the first who recovered and said with the usual trademark style of talking, "Sorry, I can't tell you yet. The time is not yet ripe." (lol I'm having a hard time rewording this according to how Koizumi will say it. (It took Kyon a few episodes before they [Nagato, Asahina, Koizumi] started revealing their identities.)
Old 2009-05-09, 15:21   Link #51
ijuinkun

Well, considering that as a Time Lord, The Doctor combines elements of Alien, Time Traveler, AND Esper, I am certain that he would interest Haruhi.
Old 2009-05-09, 15:39   Link #52
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Also slider. Pretty sure there was an alternate dimension story or two.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-05-10, 13:27   Link #53
Aebliss
Story Master

Send a message via AIM to Aebliss
Can you imagine how threatened the other members of the SOS-dan would feel? "What's supposed to happen to our characters now? He can replace all of us by himself!"
Old 2009-05-10, 13:35   Link #54
Aebliss
Story Master

Send a message via AIM to Aebliss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunafishisgood View Post
-_- there is Haruhi in this crossover story... Beginning section.
from http://worldsofharuhi.nkru87.com/wiki/Main_Page

Spoiler for The Story:
Okay, so Haruhi is Haruhi, Fuko is from Clannad, Konata is from Lucky Star, Shana's herself ... but who is this Alan?
Old 2009-05-15, 00:26   Link #55
OkamiNoKaze

How about a Haruhi/Fullmetal Panic crossover, Souske (sp?) could replace Itsuki as the "Strange transfer student" or even more hilariously Kyon, the fight with Ryoko would be epic.
Old 2009-05-15, 00:40   Link #56
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aebliss View Post
Okay, so Haruhi is Haruhi, Fuko is from Clannad, Konata is from Lucky Star, Shana's herself ... but who is this Alan?
Not meaning to be rude, but... the link above it leads to a wiki. If you went there and checked the List of Characters page, you'd know Alan is an original character...
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-06-21, 21:07   Link #57
SuperLAActor101

Quick question before I post something significant Can I or anyone else pitch ideas of fanfics on this board?

Anywho on the link below you will find really REALLY good fanfics on our beloved Haruhi.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...HaruhiSuzumiya
Old 2009-07-01, 00:01   Link #58
wittyusername
GRADE 8 NIGHTMARE VORTEX

I desire criticismmmmm

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5176599/1/With_You

I want to write more, but I feel like before I attempt that I should find out what I'm doing wrong (i.e. too many things), and what I'm doing right (if anything).

Can anyone review it, if they have time to read a crappy little oneshot? I'm happy with any kind of response, and I'd probably be happier to get mean-sounding reviews than nice ones, so don't be afraid to break my first-time fanfic writer heart.

Last edited by wittyusername; 2009-07-01 at 11:14. Reason: I can't type coherently between midnight and 8 AM.
Old 2009-07-01, 00:15   Link #59
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
Anyone know if there's a decent Haruhi/Dr. Who Crossover? I think it would be hilarious
I'm making one, actually. Well, I'm not sure about the decent part, but it's a Haruhi/DW crossover.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijuinkun View Post
Well, considering that as a Time Lord, The Doctor combines elements of Alien, Time Traveler, AND Esper, I am certain that he would interest Haruhi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Also slider. Pretty sure there was an alternate dimension story or two.
That was my entire original motivation, and yes, there's the alternate universe known as Pete's World.

Last edited by Joe4evr; 2009-07-01 at 00:26.
Old 2009-07-01, 16:00   Link #60
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

Send a message via MSN to Jonbob0008
I may as well shamelessly promote my fic.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4994973/..._the_Suzumiyas

It's about Kyon moving in with Haruhi to avoid moving up north with his family. He meets Haruhi's parents in the process and...more misery comes for our favorite ordinary human. It's also a Haruhi/Kyon pairing fic.

I suspect that many of you will scutinize it much more hashly than most people on the site. That's fine with me. I just want to know what you guys think.

As for Wittyusername, I'll restate as I did in my review to your fic that it's an excellent one shot and a really good piece of work for a first time fanfic writer. So please do go ahead and write more.

Last edited by Jonbob0008; 2009-07-01 at 16:13.
Closed Thread

Tags
fanfiction