AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-04-17, 00:39   Link #5201
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Indeed. Getting to higher tiers is something that happens eventually. But it shouldn't be the sole reason to play.

Of course, random bad pubs can make a mess of anyone's day, but that's the chance you have to take with this game.
Old 2013-04-17, 00:46   Link #5202
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Still, you just have those matches where you have 0-10 on your score and things just go bad.
Old 2013-04-17, 00:55   Link #5203
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

what your WoT account? Tempester?
Old 2013-04-17, 01:21   Link #5204
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

take it from me, I got 3 tier Xs in 4 months and now i'm bored.

and thats saying alot. despite how many lines i've gone up, and stopped, mainly play US. also managed to tick UTE off today in vent, success.....

well thats enuf for being a prick today, i'm surprised he started to curse a bit, and surprised ES didn't curse much either..... you know that really sad when you need to start cursing in vent, its another thing if you curse in chat. I rather curse in chat, cuz then i don't have to hear your sorry @$$ voice cursing.

meh, i'll end up saying anger management much? just to add more to the fire.
Old 2013-04-17, 01:29   Link #5205
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Still trying to get used to the Hellcat. This little kitty is very fun to play because of its speed, but anything can and will pen you. The good side is that is a good sniper and it can relocate fairly quickly if there's incoming danger.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 02:31   Link #5206
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
50% crew?
Old 2013-04-17, 03:14   Link #5207
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Share it with us if you lose.
I'll give you the title: Elefant
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 03:29   Link #5208
Pen3

I been having some really bad games lately. It seems like every other game i get has Havok, Simp, or Anvil as opponent.

Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 03:34   Link #5209
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
I been having some really bad games lately. It seems like every other game i get has Havok, Simp, or Anvil as opponent.
Man, is it just me or did our platooning together shave off a good chunk from your WR? We had a really terrible losing streak...
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 03:40   Link #5210
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

mostly on crappy games becuz platoonin with the same tanks is a bad idea, especially KV 2s.

working on the last engine for the T69, and yeah T69 isn't so great... its not like the T71, where it pens almost anything. for the T69, needs more pen, the dmg is decent tho, I don't think i'll keep the T69, its more underpowered than the M10 Wolf.
Old 2013-04-17, 06:39   Link #5211
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Tip to RWBladewing and any other new users: don't rush up the tiers. Just because you researched the next tank in line doesn't mean you have to immediately jump into it and sell your previous tank.

Play a tank until you get comfortable with it. You don't even have to be good at it; just get a great battle and some medals now and then. Spending more time on a tier will familiarize you with the different enemy tanks you will face and make you better at countering them. I myself zoomed through tiers 2 and 3, and as a result I know very little about the tanks in those tiers and the strategies associated with them. Now, I've slowed down and I'm spending several weeks grinding skills on my favorite tanks in tiers 4, 5, and 6. It'll be quite a while before I seriously start battling with a tier 7 tank.

World of Tanks doesn't have to be a race to tier 10. Play for fun, force yourself to quit after a losing (or winning) streak, and improve on the tanks you like.
Yeah, I may suck at the actual game portion but the above is something I have implicitly understood from the beginning. My 5-6 years of WoW ensured I will never play a game to grind again. I've been playing this so much because I enjoy the battles, never to "advance" up the tech tree. My highest rank is a single Tier 3 medium and I rarely bother to use it because I keep getting matched against Tier 5s that I can't seem to do anything at all against.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 06:42   Link #5212
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

My suggestion is to grind until Tier 5 where majority of player play and where most people enjoy it

after that is up to you. you can grind other line if you want to

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 06:54   Link #5213
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I think I would rather not rush through 2-3 tiers without ever getting a grasp of what I'm doing just so I can spend more money repairing my Tier 5 tank that I also don't know what I'm doing with. Unless Tier 5 is just that much more fun and balanced that it's worth it?
Old 2013-04-17, 06:57   Link #5214
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Unless Tier 5 is just that much more fun and balanced that it's worth it?
Tier 5 is usually where you get a good grasp of what a country's medium line is good at. Plus it contains most of the recognizable iconics, like the M4 Sherman, the PzIV, and the T-34. It's also where the French line does pretty much an about-face, as its light tanks become speedsters with massive guns, and their heavies stop behaving like heavies and become mediums with bigger HP...
Old 2013-04-17, 08:25   Link #5215
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
50% crew?
Like I said completely stock ;D

It has my churchill VII crew in it now though I wasn't able to retrain them to 100% as I don't have gold but they're all sitting at around 87%

Since we're showing stats..

Still trying to get Ace mastery of the Hellcat although its proving more difficult than the TD's that came before it.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 08:43   Link #5216
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
I think I would rather not rush through 2-3 tiers without ever getting a grasp of what I'm doing just so I can spend more money repairing my Tier 5 tank that I also don't know what I'm doing with. Unless Tier 5 is just that much more fun and balanced that it's worth it?
tier 5 is where tanks start to fit their role, unlike tier 1,2,3 where light and medium tank work the same or tier 4 where light and medium tank have more armor than heavy.
Old 2013-04-17, 08:58   Link #5217
Gravitas Free Zone

Tier 5: Everything makes sense in Tier 5 and onward in terms of vehicles logically progressing from one tier to the next, since the vehicles stop being a hodgepodge of interwar experiments, or, in the case of the Chinese line, whatever was available that day. Though in many cases this means that the Tier 5 vehicle bears no relationship at all to what preceded it. (AMX 40 to ELC AMX, Pz38nA to PzIV, T-28 to KV-1, etc.)

Bonus item: "Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." (Direct link to gallery.)
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 09:02   Link #5218
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
tier 5 is where tanks start to fit their role, unlike tier 1,2,3 where light and medium tank work the same or tier 4 where light and medium tank have more armor than heavy.
Oh...well, I guess that explains many of the things that happened to me yesterday in this tier then. I've been feeling completely outclassed by light tanks in not just speed but every other attribute as well, bouncing shots off from every angle while being destroyed in 1-2 hits from the front, though I'd assumed that was just me sucking (I'm sure that's still part of it though).
Old 2013-04-17, 09:37   Link #5219
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

For dealing with lights I'd recommend damaging their tracks (or tracking as people here call it) once you've removed their ability to traverse they wont last long.

Which tank are you using at the minute ?

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-17, 09:38   Link #5220
Newhope

One of the main reasons I stopped playing was due to Tier 5 been spoilt by gold derp ammo and increasing numbers of Arty.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks