Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-11-26, 03:37   Link #481
JKL
Kyuuketsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameraBaenre View Post
Um.. what do you mean LE? These are the recasts of the kit from Bubba.
Erm..that's what I meant. In any case my question has been answered.

Be sure to post the finished result!
JKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-26, 09:37   Link #482
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Hey, that's a nice figure that's some serious eye candy pictures not so bad, either. Hmm, /me saves lol

That, and, something new I'd like to report. Bandai seems to have made a very interesting figure. See it here: http://animesukimangatron.blogspot.com/ The thermos girl post

Comments welcome.
The creativity of these Japanese, and their ability to cater to otakus, amazes me everytime.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-26, 15:35   Link #483
koishii

Send a message via MSN to koishii
Question MONSIEUR BOME figures

Does anyone here know anything about the US release of the MONSIEUR BOME anime figure collection? I'm sure some of you have seen them popping up in Suncoast and comic book stores or other places... What I'm wanting to know is, are they going to release the whole collection in the states? I've had my sights set on the Chidori/Tessa (Full Metal Panic!) set for quite some time and it's quite hard to find a place that actually has it in stock for under $70. Anyone know who is distributing it here, or have ANY info that would be helpful?
koishii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-26, 17:55   Link #484
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
The creativity of these Japanese, and their ability to cater to otakus, amazes me everytime.
While it isn't an old thing, I see more PVC figures with optional clothing accessories. Oh, how I long to see the anime girl figure with complete accessories

(Thank you so much Megahouse Corp )

Quote:
Originally Posted by koishii
Does anyone here know anything about the US release of the MONSIEUR BOME anime figure collection? I'm sure some of you have seen them popping up in Suncoast and comic book stores or other places... What I'm wanting to know is, are they going to release the whole collection in the states? I've had my sights set on the Chidori/Tessa (Full Metal Panic!) set for quite some time and it's quite hard to find a place that actually has it in stock for under $70. Anyone know who is distributing it here, or have ANY info that would be helpful?
While I don't know the status of Kaiyodo releases in the U.S., I do know that there are differences between US releases and JP releases (Emmy being a notable one). Now, as for your first question, I do know that retailers are probably like the way Yamato is set up, with retailers mostly being private, or smaller businesses. In this case I do know about TFAW, as you mentioned Suncoast (have seen at Suncoast myself), some small shops (as in California), with also a quite high number of private sellers, most notably those on eBay. As with the whole collection, I do know that all 17 Volumes have been produced for the US market, as one can tell with the english language used on the packaging, with some US exclusives around, most notably the SDCC event only releases.

I guess, what I'm trying to say is your best bet would have to be eBay, since most of the private sellers are actually eBay sellers. For, US releases anyways

Although, maybe Suncoast has an ordering service?
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-27, 09:04   Link #485
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
If it can profited, then it can be marketed. Oh Tah Kus, they are the cows that companies milk for moneyy. ^_^

Just don't exxessively buy, that's the moral.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-27, 09:14   Link #486
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
While it isn't an old thing, I see more PVC figures with optional clothing accessories. Oh, how I long to see the anime girl figure with complete accessories

(Thank you so much Megahouse Corp )
Actually, that'll be good because it would cater to the people who like fapping on their PVCs, and other people like me who prefer decently clothed figures, if only to allow me to actually keep them in the house.
Old 2006-11-27, 18:56   Link #487
GameraBaenre

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKL View Post
Erm..that's what I meant. In any case my question has been answered.

Be sure to post the finished result!
They're both done
http://www.gamerabaenre.com/1_7_haruhis.htm

Now if I can only get my mind away from FF12... I can get to working on some other figures
GameraBaenre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-01, 08:49   Link #488
JKL
Kyuuketsuki

Ha ha! The Gundam's a nice touch!

Those look as good as the promo pics IMO.
Old 2006-12-02, 03:32   Link #489
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:
Actually, that'll be good because it would cater to the people who like fapping on their PVCs, and other people like me who prefer decently clothed figures, if only to allow me to actually keep them in the house.
"vommit!" That's very disturbing.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Old 2006-12-03, 07:56   Link #490
Lost

I kid you not...
Old 2006-12-07, 04:05   Link #491
Question
Crossdresser

Anime figurine scales : price ratio

Does anyone have any idea how much a certain figurine scale costs?

Like 1/8 Usually costs ???? dollars.
Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 05:54   Link #492
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

This would probably go better in the figurine thread...but...

It depends on the type of figurine, the quality, and actually what show the character belongs to.

I've seen 1/8th scale resins range quite wildly from one another, I've actually seen one for as little as $10 new painted all the way up to $400.
Old 2006-12-28, 13:30   Link #493
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Anime figurine Question.

I am looking over ebay on some of the prices for Figurines and I notice that Figurine form Bome generally cost less then form other companies. Anyone know what the reason is for that?

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2006-12-28 at 14:20.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-31, 20:56   Link #494
JKL
Kyuuketsuki

That depends where you buy it from.
Old 2006-12-31, 22:52   Link #495
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

The 1/8 PVC scaled Figurines I buy are usually around $49.99 USD. I try to buy from merchants within the US so i save on HK fares, which runs usually around 20USD$

Old 2007-01-03, 17:05   Link #496
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

If this came up before I apologize but i am too lazy to look through all the pages. I basically have 2 questions.

1. Which company usually produce the better products in terms of quality. I see a lot of Alter products are they the best ones? What are your experience with products form other companies?

2. What i a good place to buy Figurines in the US? I found several shops through AOD but thier selection is limited althought Right Stuff usually have the most in terms of selection but not price.
Old 2007-01-03, 17:28   Link #497
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Let's see... The GoodSmile Fate I have is good quality, although someone else and I both noticed a small flaw on her cape, like a small scratch that needs coloring, but it's really minor, and I'm pleased with the overall composition and paint quality.

The Toys Playing first edition Housen Elis I have... Well.. There seems to be something wrong with the way her legs are made regarding the base. I don't know if it's just me, but if you put try to put the base as it should, she's leaning in a very unnatural position. After tweaking here and there I managed to solve it and she stands upright because her feet more standing on the stand receptions than locked on them. And they could have done better with the hair composition, but other than that, her likeness and the rest of the figure was good. But yeah, I'd think twice before getting from TP again.

My Maxfactory Kotori and Aisia from Da Capo are extra cute, no problems anywhere, flawless design and the likeness is very good (and I value resemblance to the actual character quite a bit).

So far, I think MaxFactory has the best record for me, but that doesn't stop me. I don't buy anything without seeing a pic first, and if the pic is non-existent, blurry or I don't like the product for whatever reason, I don't buy it. GoodSmile's Fate is however of very good design, even with that half centimeter long scratch, which can be painted (but I'm too bored since a. I don't look at the back of her cape and b. the cape and be taken of, so it's really minor). At least, Hobbylink has a disclaimer for that, so there's always the small risk of having to perfect a figure when it arrives.

My Goodsmile Nanoha, Alter Karen (F/HA), TRA Komaki Manaka (To Heart 2), Solid Theater Haruhi (Happiness) and a Bandai Asuka (NGE) figure are underway, so I can't comment on those. And my GoodSmile Shinku and Kotobukiya Louise (ZnT) will hopefully have arrived by spring. (Yes, that was my Christmas shopping, better late than never )

I buy most of my stuff from Hobbylink Japan (www.hlj.com), although I got my Aisia figure and some cds from CDjapan (www.cdjapan.co.jp). But then, I'm not from the US The worst thing is EMS cost of course... Damn
Old 2007-01-03, 18:01   Link #498
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
What type of figurines are you looking for PVC (cheap manufatured figurines) or Resins (aka. Garage kit). Resins are the highest quality of figurines (great details, quailty, cost in the hundreds, build it and paint it yourself statue). I have a Ah My Goddess Garage kit that cost me as much as a Wii and I still haven't fully piece it together yet (it's been over 5 years already, incomplete project). But it's fun, like building those Gundam models. You'll feel connected through the sweat and tears you put into it.

There's a great company in CA that have a lot of selection. Here's the Website http://www.hobbyfan.com/ sell both pvc and resin.
PVC of course. I have neither the time or abiliy to do a garage kit.
Old 2007-01-03, 20:52   Link #499
ando

Or you can take into account the sculptor who makes the model of the figure; for example, the sculptor of both the GoodSmile Fate and Nanoha is Kawasaki Kazushi, and the MaxFactory Kotori and Aisia is Kuroda Masanori. If the same sculptor makes the models, you could expect the same quality.
ando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-03, 21:09   Link #500
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ando View Post
Or you can take into account the sculptor who makes the model of the figure; for example, the sculptor of both the GoodSmile Fate and Nanoha is Kawasaki Kazushi, and the MaxFactory Kotori and Aisia is Kuroda Masanori. If the same sculptor makes the models, you could expect the same quality.
That only applies to designs. The actual production of the Figurine falls to cheap labor. It comes down to which company has better quality control. Form what i heard form several people Bome had serious problems in this regard. What i like to fine out is which company better reputation when it comes to their production and quality.