AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-02-18, 12:42   Link #19041
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Special chapter from Jump SQ19 is out...

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 12:45   Link #19042
Tachibana
タチバナ

Man, just 13 days until the raws for 40 is out, time seems to fly nowadays...

hopefully Ch40 will be at least almost 40 pages long...
Old 2011-02-18, 12:51   Link #19043
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
Man, just 13 days until the raws for 40 is out, time seems to fly nowadays...

hopefully Ch40 will be at least almost 40 pages long...
At least it's not an entire month of waiting anymore, although we might need to some time for the translated chapter to appear...

And it seems that the reason why chapter 39 was shorter then usual was because Ikeda was simultaneously doing a special chapter that has just been released in the latest Jump SQ.19 magazine, which means that chapter 40 should be a little longer then chapter 39 (probably having the usual length of a R+V chapter) , since I don't think that Ikeda is going to be releasing "special chapters" each month...
Old 2011-02-18, 12:58   Link #19044
Tachibana
タチバナ

Yeah, usual chapters lengths are above 40 to almost 50, the time between the translated chapters and the raws are usually a span of 2 and a half to three weeks, something i really don't mind.

But kinda glad that they arn't a month long either, i agree with you on that one.

The special chapters are after every 4 to 5 chapters of the series itself, so it's rare to see these...
Old 2011-02-18, 13:02   Link #19045
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Spoiler:
Figured that was common knowledge amongst the thread. Although To Love Ru was a normal chapter lengthwise even though it got a special chapter as well. Jipped is the word I'm looking for that scenario...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 13:06   Link #19046
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Figured that was common knowledge amongst the thread. Although To Love Ru was a normal chapter lengthwise even though it got a special chapter as well. Jipped is the word I'm looking for that scenario...
Well, I agree with you on that, but it might be possible that Ikeda isn't just used to simultaneously working on two different things ... or just wanted to take a break from all the work . It's not like we can do anything about it, so let's just hope that the next chapter of R+V is going to have it's usual chapter length and that it's going to be an interesting chapter as well...
Old 2011-02-18, 14:35   Link #19047
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Yare yare.... that special... Seems the whole Moka arc of the full manga is taking it's toll.
Spoiler:
Old 2011-02-18, 14:54   Link #19048
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
Yare yare.... that special... Seems the whole Moka arc of the full manga is taking it's toll.
Spoiler:
Spoiler for special:
Old 2011-02-18, 17:28   Link #19049
darksoulrosario

were do u find the special chapter?
darksoulrosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 02:05   Link #19050
Chris38

Going back to some kind of manga related discussion, I have been thinking about how the ritual is going to affect Tsukune...

Well, I know that I said that it's better to leave this topic alone, until chapter 40 comes out, where we would probably learn more about Tohou Fuhai's human modification technique, but I think it's a good idea to review what we know about Tsukune's condition in the first place...

In the first place, I think that the reason why Tsukune's power's would go out of control, if he removed the Holy Lock, is a mental problem - in my opinion the reason why Tsukune is at a risk of degenerating into a Ghoul is basically because his human mind and mentality isn't suited to controlling the power of a vampire, which is why when Tsukune's powers go out of control, Tsukune's vampire blood slowly destroys Tsukune's mentality, leaving only a vampire's thirst for blood a slaughter ... which is basically the "foundation" of Tsukune's "berserk state"...

Of course, due to wearing his Holy Lock and using his vampire abilities Tsukune's mind is slowly getting used to controlling his vampire abilities, reducing the chance of Tsukune's mind being overcame by his vampire blood, and I think that Tohou Fuhai's ritual might assist Tsukune in that, by forcefully getting Tsukune's mind a bit more suited to using his vampire powers, but I don't think that Tsukune's consciousness can be "modified" a lot, since if he does that Tsukune could lose his awareness off himself altogether ... or some other mental problem might emerge as a side effect of his mind being modified too much by Tohou Fuhai.

The reason why I think something like that is possible for Tohou Fuhai to do, is because Tohou Fuhai is using the human modification technique to allow Tsukune to use youkai techniques, so in my opinion it would be strange if the modification technique didn't affect Tsukune's mind as well - after all, one of the steps that Tohou Fuhai is probably going to need to do, is transfer the knowledge of how to use youkai techniques into Tsukune's mind, and it might be possible that he is going to make a few minor alternations within Tsukune's mind as well, that will allow Tsukune to better control his vampire abilities...

The second thing that Tohou Fuhai's ritual might modify is Tsukune's physical body, but since we don't know much about the physical changes made to Tsukune's - original human body, after he aqcuired Moka's blood, it's probably a good idea to leave this part of the discussion until we learn more about the physical changes made to Tsukune's body, which I hope is going to be mentioned in chapter 40...
Old 2011-02-19, 06:46   Link #19051
Tachibana
タチバナ

Well, since Touhou is going to forcefully reconstruct Tsukune's body, which no doubt applies to Tsukune's entire body, in order for him to use youkai techniques (Youjutsu).

Of course the consequences of this ritual going wrong is death, which is good this proves that the ritual will be very intense.

My thoughts on this is that he will give Tsukune an ayashi body born from his human linaege, and the Shinso blood would play a role in this no doubt. This "new body" could also help him a lot in controlling his Shinso powers and keeping his sanity intact.

But i do agree with you that it's the mental problem.

However, after witnessing what Touhou is going to do, it wouldn't be only his mind but it's Tsukune's body as well. Interesting enough the only other person who had gained a lot of blood inside themselves and went berserk and became a killing machine is none other than Alucard himself, it's strange that Alucard and Tsukune had the exact same fate as this, even though Tsukune's berserker state isn't permanent like Alucard's.

This lead me to believe that even ayashi minds are just as frail as human minds, if this were to be true than it can be assumed that it's more of he body than the mind.

I'll stick by what you say, that we should wait until 40 before we discuss more on this topic.
Old 2011-02-19, 08:56   Link #19052
Chris38

Quote:
Spoiler for snip:
Well, the only discomfort that I have with you're theory Shinso Tsukune is that I don't think that Tohou Fuhai's human modification technique is powerful enough to be able to create a new aysahi body for Tsukune based upon his origanal human body and even if it where we don't even know if Tsukune would be capable of surviving that...

Not to mention, like I said in my earlier post Tsukune's problem isn't that his body isn't capable of releasing the full extent of his Shinso vampire abilities, after all if you remember during Tsukune's ghoulification incident, Tsukune's berserk state demonstrated regeneration abilities that certainly aren't something a normal vampire would be able to do...

Further more I think that Tsukune already underwent physical changes that would allow him to use the full extent of his Shinso vampire abilities, so in my opinion the problem isn't that Tsukune is physically unable to use his Shinso abilities, but that Tsukune isn't capable of mentally controlling the full extent of his powers yet...

In my opinion the only deliberate physical alternations to Tsukune's body that Tohou Fuhai is going to make during his human modification are going to be made to allow Tsukune to use youkai techniques and while it's probably going to affect Tsukune's current physical state as well, I think that this part of our discussion should be left alone, until chapter 40 comes out, where we are probably going to learn more about what Tohou Fuhai is actually going to do to Tsukune's body...
Old 2011-02-19, 10:26   Link #19053
Tachibana
タチバナ

Knowing how intense the ritual will be, there are a lot of possibilities of what could happen.

But your right waiting until 40 would be best, so that we can get more information before we discuss any futher.

I wonder what we could discuss till then.....?
Old 2011-02-20, 01:22   Link #19054
Chris38

Quote:
Knowing how intense the ritual will be, there are a lot of possibilities of what could happen.

But your right waiting until 40 would be best, so that we can get more information before we discuss any futher.

I wonder what we could discuss till then.....?
Well the only thing that I could find for some kind of discussion, is trying to predict what chapter 40 is going to be about, besides Tsukune undertaking Tohou Fuhai's ritual, and in my opinion - well first of all I think that Kurumu is going to be reassured by Gin in some way, and keep perusing Tsukune despite the fact that she dosen't have much chances of capturing his heart - since it has been already taken over by some other girl that Kurumu has a friend - rival relationship with

I hope that we will also get some update on Moka's current situation - for example that Moka fells something from her blood bond with Tsukune, while he undergoes Tohou Fuhai's ritual and we get a shift of focus describing her current situation... probably to give the reader's some information about Fairy Tale's headquarters and the organization...

Not to mention I could also see Ikeda making a scene where Akua tries to remove Moka's Rosario to release Inner Moka - and obviously failing to do that in which Outer Moka is going to slip the information that only Tsukune is able to remove the Rosario and also saying to Akua (as a result of felling Tsukune's current emotions through their mental connection), that Tsukune is probably preparing to get her out of Fairy Tale's headquarters, which is probably going to spice things up in the confrontation between Akua and Tsukune...

At least that's my opinion on what chapter 40 might be about, besides Tsukune undertaking Tohou Fuhai's human modification technique...
Old 2011-02-20, 08:57   Link #19055
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Not to mention I could also see Ikeda making a scene where Akua tries to remove Moka's Rosario to release Inner Moka - and obviously failing to do that in which Outer Moka is going to slip the information that only Tsukune is able to remove the Rosario and also saying to Akua (as a result of felling Tsukune's current emotions through their mental connection), that Tsukune is probably preparing to get her out of Fairy Tale's headquarters, which is probably going to spice things up in the confrontation between Akua and Tsukune...
I'm truly looking forward to Akua's and Tsukune's confrontation and after, i wanna see those two get ot know eachother.

After getting to know Tsukune, i can imagine Akua being "possessive" of him just like Moka, because of that sister complex of hers, something like that would be very comical.

Shes going to make a very interesting sister-in-law for Tsukune.

I could imagine Omote-Moka giving Akua the information that Tsukune is the only one that can remove the Rosary, if this were to happen than Akua would not only like to know why that is, but to want to meet Tsukune, personally.....

Thats going to be very interesting to see, can't wait.

Last edited by Tachibana; 2011-02-20 at 10:23.
Tachibana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 12:50   Link #19056
Chris38

Quote:
I'm truly looking forward to Akua's and Tsukune's confrontation and after, i wanna see those two get ot know eachother.

After getting to know Tsukune, i can imagine Akua being "possessive" of him just like Moka, because of that sister complex of hers, something like that would be very comical.

Shes going to make a very interesting sister-in-law for Tsukune.

I could imagine Omote-Moka giving Akua the information that Tsukune is the only one that can remove the Rosary, if this were to happen than Akua would not only like to know why that is, but to want to meet Tsukune, personally.....

Thats going to be very interesting to see, can't wait.
Well, that's only if she will survive till Tsukune finally get's together with Moka, since after all currently we still don't know what kind of plans Ikeda has for Akua...

Certainly with the Fairy Tale organization being destroyed, which is what I think is going to happen at the end of the rescue Moka arc, her role as an antagonist is going to be over, but whether or not she will be able to survive Tsukune's raid on the Fairy Tale's headquarters is another matter, which probably depend on the actions that Hokuto and Kiria are going to take during Tsukune's invasion on the Fairy Tale's headquarters, since even if the headquarters of Fairy Tale go down, I believe that Hokuto's and Kiria's first subdivision will still be a threat - and, in my opinion some new kind of enemy is going to emerge as well ...

Furthermore I have been thinking that it might be possible that this new enemy is going to mostly consist of humans - probably having some kind of supernatural powers as well, but unlike Hokuto or Tsukune the source of their powers wouldn't be from having ayashi blood in their veins but something entirely ... different then that.

Of course it's only speculation on my part, but having humans as enemies, could once again bring us back to the topic of humans and ayashi coexisting with each other in peace (which is one of the themes of the R+V manga) , not to mention lead to Tsukune having a opportunity for some interesting developments regarding what he actually has became, after getting involved with Moka and the other members of the Newspaper Club...
Old 2011-02-20, 13:31   Link #19057
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Well, that's only if she will survive till Tsukune finally get's together with Moka, since after all currently we still don't know what kind of plans Ikeda has for Akua...
Since Tsukune is Akua's opponent, at least we know she'll be just fine, but of course not without a good fight with Tsukune first, i mean we know itle take a while before both Mokas and Tsukune get together, but even before that happens i can imagine Akua supporting this after getting to know Tsukune.

Still something like this would really be comical.

However, Akua will be Tsukune's first true female opponent that he fights, which is also interesting...

Quote:
Furthermore I have been thinking that it might be possible that this new enemy is going to mostly consist of humans - probably having some kind of supernatural powers as well, but unlike Hokuto or Tsukune the source of their powers wouldn't be from having ayashi blood in their veins but something entirely ... different then that.

Of course it's only speculation on my part, but having humans as enemies, could once again bring us back to the topic of humans and ayashi coexisting with each other in peace (which is one of the themes of the R+V manga) , not to mention lead to Tsukune having a opportunity for some interesting developments regarding what he actually has became, after getting involved with Moka and the other members of the Newspaper Club...
Fairy Tale also gets it's support from human yakuza and human terrorist organizations as well this much we do know, so seeing Hokuto's rogue side of the organization being composed of humans with powers wouldn't be a surprise, most likely hybrids just like the ones Tsukune encountered at the Youkai Academy.
Old 2011-02-20, 14:02   Link #19058
Chris38

Quote:
Since Tsukune is Akua's opponent, at least we know she'll be just fine, but of course not without a good fight with Tsukune first, i mean we know itle take a while before both Mokas and Tsukune get together, but even before that happens i can imagine Akua supporting this after getting to know Tsukune.

However, Akua will be Tsukune's first true female opponent that he fights, which is also interesting...

Still something like this would really be comical.

Fairy Tale also gets it's support from human yakuza and human terrorist organizations as well this much we do know, so seeing Hokuto's rogue side of the organization being composed of humans with powers wouldn't be a surprise, most likely hybrids just like the ones Tsukune encountered at the Youkai Academy.

Regarding Akua, well I have my doubts if her accepting Tsukune is going to be as smooth as you think, considering her yandere behavior foreword Moka ... at least it won't be something involving a lot of sparks, as well as taking a lot of time, before she will be able to accept Tsukune as Moka's partner - of course if she survives till that time, since even if you say that Tsukune isn't going to kill Akua - and I agree with that, since killing doesn't suit Tsukune's character, but that doesn't mean that she won't be killed by someone else...

Of course, it's not like we can get into an agreement on this, at this point, so we just need to wait and see what is going to be Ikeda's take on this matter...

Regarding my theory on the human enemies, I didn't mean that they are going to be ailed with Hokuto's first subdivision, but a so called third side of the conflict opposed to both Hokuto's and Kiria's first subdivision as well as Youkai Academy having powers that are going to be different then the ones we have seen before...

Meaning that they won't have any relation with Fairy Tale or Hokuto and Kiria's first subdivision and having powers that aren't related with ayashi as well... since they are going to be strictly oposed to anything that is related with ayashi...

The reason why I think such a side might appear , is because from the start of the R+V series humans have been referenced by ayashi as enemies, which I found strange considering the fact that in general ayashi are hiding their existence from humans who shouldn't be aware of their existence...

Which is the reason why I think that not all the humans are unaware of the existence of ayashi , and that the existence of such humans is going to be revealed near the end of the rescue Moka arc...

Of course, it's just speculation on my part, and we will see if Ikeda has been planing to do something like that in the future chapters of the R+V manga...
Old 2011-02-20, 14:16   Link #19059
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

You guys really need to use VM, PM, or IM.
Old 2011-02-20, 16:05   Link #19060
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Regarding Akua, well I have my doubts if her accepting Tsukune is going to be as smooth as you think, considering her yandere behavior foreword Moka ... at least it won't be something involving a lot of sparks, as well as taking a lot of time, before she will be able to accept Tsukune as Moka's partner - of course if she survives till that time, since even if you say that Tsukune isn't going to kill Akua - and I agree with that, since killing doesn't suit Tsukune's character, but that doesn't mean that she won't be killed by someone else...
Yeah i agree, i know itle be a while before Akua accepts Tsukune as Moka's destined one, Tsukune will besides Akasha, be the one to show Akua true compassion, even though in the past Akua was more brutal about it when Akasha did it, this time itle be different.

Akua and Tsukune will have plenty of time to bond, if something "bad" were to happen to Akua, like you say. Of course all the girls in the past that have tried to harm or hurt Tsukune, bonded with him (with the exception of Kahlua, while their confrontation was brief, itle happen sometime in the future, no doubt), but it's Akua's turn, but yeah like you say, itle be a while...

That reminds me, i'm still looking forward to a Kahlua X Tsukune fanfic.....

Last edited by Tachibana; 2011-02-20 at 18:38.
Tachibana is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire