AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-03-16, 20:33   Link #241
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direwolf18 View Post
The raws are all out! Yay!
Sweet perhaps the best news iv heard yet
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 21:12   Link #242
cyberdemon

once 36 is out, maybe scanlations can finally get started up again.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 18:04   Link #243
Direwolf18

oh its out, my guess is the guy uploading just missed a chapter.
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-28, 19:55   Link #244
Tri-ring

No discussion after all the raws been announced?
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 13:38   Link #245
Direwolf18

Am excited about them, but you do a good enough job giving us a summary that there weren't any real revelations, especially cause I cant read Japanese. Am really just waiting for new chapters to start up again on April 10th.
Old 2009-04-01, 08:55   Link #246
recursion
running out of stack

Pretty much the same here. The raws were nice, but without knowing what the characters are saying it doesn't add much to the basic information you've given us, Tri-ring.

When the translations are out, I'm sure I'll have something more to say about character motivation, etc.. Hard to know about the subtle stuff from just the illustrations.
recursion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 11:11   Link #247
Direwolf18

Chapter 36 is out! FINALLY!
Old 2009-04-05, 17:36   Link #248
Dark Mage

Just read chapter 36 and Soyogi coming out in a towel was awesome. But it still seems to me that out of all the girls Soyogi is stil too formal with Nagi and still fails to see him as a person and still calls him dragon god whereas both Shizuku and Karin love Nagi as a person first and then Dragon God. So Soyogi is still far behind in the competetion. Its mainly between Shizuku and Karin
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 17:39   Link #249
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

unless we get a nasty surprise (ichigo 100% style) there is no real competition shizuku has already won and all this is just a side show on how we get to that point.
Old 2009-04-05, 17:46   Link #250
Cyz
"Show it to me"

For someone as serious as Soyogi, she sure is pretty bold on approach
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 18:11   Link #251
DanielSong39

I'd actually make Karin the slight favorite at this point; Shizuku is running strong while Soyogi can only be described as a longshot.

I'm actually hoping that the guy dumps all the girls. His situation is nothing short of ridiculous and a flight to sanity is what he might need.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 18:21   Link #252
Dark Mage

I wouldn't say ichigo100% was a nasty surprise, as it was always between Nishino and Aya and they both had a chance while Satsuki never had a chance.Some say Toujo Aya was a assured to end up with Manaka Junpei but I thought Nishino Tsukasa always had an equal chance if not more. In Umi no Misaki its between Shizuku and Karin meaning they both have good chances and you really can't say who is gonna win but thankfully Nagi isn't as indecisive as Junpei from ichigo100%. When the time comes Nagi will clearluy state his feelings without hesitation thats what I like about him. At least he has some guts.
Dark Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 20:09   Link #253
Direwolf18

I am kinda rooting for Soyogi cause I always tend to feel sympathy for the underdog, and she is trying hard but just has no idea on what to do. Karin definitely makes some of the best faces though. After whats came out, and looking at the raws, she is taking the lead IMO. I just really don't want it to be Shizuku cause I really don't like the whole first girl on the scene wins by default thing.

Last edited by Direwolf18; 2009-04-05 at 21:28.
Old 2009-04-05, 22:00   Link #254
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Spoiler for Things are heating up:

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 08:02   Link #255
recursion
running out of stack

I'm going to point this out again...no mention of parents, only grandparents. When Soyogi is telling Nagi about choosing solitude, she says, "Grandpa, Granny, and many other adults had gathered to discuss." Not "Mom & Dad". Grandpa and Granny.

No maiden has even mentioned any interaction with her parents yet, in any context. This can't just be a coincidence. One could imagine reasons why their parents were never around that were not too unreasonable, but never mentioned at all? Even when discussing Soyogi's decision to live alone? That's just beyond the pale. Something is going on here.

Even when Soyogi talks about Karin, she talks about her not wanting to "leave Rinne all alone." Not about Karin wanting to be with her parents. And why would Rinne be all alone if Rinne's parents were around?

Something is fishy, and I think Nagi may be in for an unpleasant shock when he finally thinks to ask, "Uh, so...where are your parents, anyway?"

Edit: as for Soyogi, pretty much more of the same. She doesn't know how to relate to Nagi on a personal basis, so she tries to make up for it by just jumping straight to the heavy stuff. The next issue will be more interesting, when they go on a little date and kiss.
Old 2009-04-06, 12:59   Link #256
Direwolf18

Yea the total lack of parents is getting kinda... Odd... It seems like the people on the island are all really old or really young.
Old 2009-04-06, 13:09   Link #257
recursion
running out of stack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direwolf18 View Post
Yea the total lack of parents is getting kinda... Odd... It seems like the people on the island are all really old or really young.
Yup. Now, it may end up being a completely mundane explanation. Perhaps almost all of the young adults, including parents, work off-island for long periods to provide income, while the older generation tends to the kids. Not at all unheard of.

I think there is likely to be something else that ties into the Dragon God cult, though. In particular, remember how Nagi noted that almost all of the people at the festival were older? That just stinks of foreshadowing. Why have him notice that at the festival, rather than in the street, if it doesn't have anything to do with the cult and the Maidens?
Old 2009-04-06, 15:15   Link #258
Direwolf18

Indeed, I was re-reading some of the older chapters and I don't recall seeing anyone that is older then a high schooler and younger then say 60 or so except for Nagi's teacher who is another outsider.
Old 2009-04-06, 18:45   Link #259
Direwolf18

The lack of the parents is going to have a really good explanation or a really crappy one. For some reason I think its going to be an interesting explanation at the very least. While this is a harem manga it is a grade or two above alot of the others when it comes to believable characters and story.

But the good news is that we are going to start seeing raws again this week. Even if it will be a long time before we see an actual scanlation.
Old 2009-04-06, 19:31   Link #260
oDin01

The parents have not played a critical part of the plot for Umi no Misaki so far and I don't really see them being involved in the future. It would be nice to have a little background on the parents but I'd rather see more developments between the characters.

As for the latest english chapter Soyogi is growing on me. Even though she isn't considered as the "leader" so far I'm still rooting for her. Her inexperience plus her straight forwardness makes the scenes even more hilarious.
oDin01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, harem, romance, rural, seinen