AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2011-02-06, 18:48   Link #1561
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku Guy View Post
Yes somebody without knowledge of playing a specific instrument can compose music for that specific instrument, but in saying that you have to think that realistically when it comes this that (using myself as an example), I could compose music for a piano but I have no knowledge of playing the piano at all so the music I can compose would only be understandable to myself and I doubt thats what they did, and if we're going to go that far into this to the extent of "oh she probably just made it up herself and explained it to them later" then we might as well just tear apart every little thing they show/mention in K-ON! and I prefer that we didnt do that.
I see.. I was thinking that it would go like if we create a MIDI track

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
You would need to convert it, Guitar and piano are two instruments that are unique in that each playable note on the instrument is visible on the body. This makes finding notes on the instrument easier while reading music due to the lack of intricate key fingerings. Guitars and pianos are often used together in songs. However, in order for a guitarist to read piano music, the notes must be changed. This is because a guitar is in the key of E, and the piano is in C. Transposing refers to the changing of notes with keys. That would be too much if you know what i mean for one person to convert all parts in there clef
While I'm not really sure, I think I know what you mean here.

Thanks for the explanations
Old 2011-02-06, 19:09   Link #1562
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

wait THIS SOLVES EVERYTHING!!

I went back to episode 16 and I missed this! Azusa said there was a Fermata which means (hold/pause)

for example

it means to hold a note/ pause then go back to the phrase with normal tempo. it happens close to an end of a song so (giving it a dramatic effect)

pretend this sheet music

E, E, E, C (on top of that C note) , E
this means you neeed to hold that C for however long you want it. so it would sound like this

E,E,E CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC, E

U&I has a Fermata at 3:55 - end , Gohan has a whole note at the end not Fermata.

The fermata is marked above the note or rest to be held meaning you would need to hold this C note (with any given time you can resume back into the song)

solved
that one word that i missed completed the puzzle !!" Fermata "
IT IS U&I

3:56 is the Fermata (there holding that note as long as they can which gives it that fade) then goes back to normal tempo

Im guessing she could of made both songs, but for sure U&I

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2011-02-06 at 19:29.
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 19:25   Link #1563
Otaku Guy
Disabled By Request

OHHHH YEAH WINNNER!!!

lol i got excited when I read that last part and I cant believe I missed her mentioning the fermata part, wow that would have solved things a lot faster xD
Otaku Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 19:28   Link #1564
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

god i love Music Theory
Old 2011-02-06, 19:44   Link #1565
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

the mystery's solved?!

*applause*

well done guys. XD you're all so enthusiastic about it. XD

so, it's U&I..

so another mystery to solve..
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 19:46   Link #1566
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
wait THIS SOLVES EVERYTHING!!

I went back to episode 16 and I missed this! Azusa said there was a Fermata which means (hold/pause)

for example

it means to hold a note/ pause then go back to the phrase with normal tempo. it happens close to an end of a song so (giving it a dramatic effect)

pretend this sheet music

E, E, E, C (on top of that C note) , E
this means you neeed to hold that C for however long you want it. so it would sound like this

E,E,E CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC, E

U&I has a Fermata at 3:55 - end , Gohan has a whole note at the end not Fermata.

The fermata is marked above the note or rest to be held meaning you would need to hold this C note (with any given time you can resume back into the song)

solved
that one word that i missed completed the puzzle !!" Fermata "
IT IS U&I

3:56 is the Fermata (there holding that note as long as they can which gives it that fade) then goes back to normal tempo

Im guessing she could of made both songs, but for sure U&I
That line of musical logic was very fermata!

"That's not how you use it!"

How could I have forgotten about the fermata, good call.
Old 2011-02-06, 19:52   Link #1567
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Thanks

I remember my Band Teacher teaching me this in 8th grade. I love applying something you learn from school!
Old 2011-02-06, 20:56   Link #1568
trenton_dawn
Silt

Quote:
You would need to convert it, Guitar and piano are two instruments that are unique in that each playable note on the instrument is visible on the body. This makes finding notes on the instrument easier while reading music due to the lack of intricate key fingerings. Guitars and pianos are often used together in songs. However, in order for a guitarist to read piano music, the notes must be changed. This is because a guitar is in the key of E, and the piano is in C. Transposing refers to the changing of notes with keys. That would be too much if you know what i mean for one person to convert all parts in there clef
I feel like it's not entirely accurate to say "the guitar is in the key of E". Unlike a piano, where the C Major scale is obviously the natural position (specifically, the fact that white keys form the C Major scale), there is no such obvious breakdown on a guitar. Sure, the lowest string is E, but playing an open chord doesn't get you an E, and neither does playing the frets in order. Of course, E is the most basic chord to play, and I do understand what you mean.

As for writing music, as long as you know standard music notation, you can write music scores for any instrument (drum tablature is a little different). Obviously, the instrument player will have to interpret the music into tablature specific to their instrument (unless that instrument uses standard notation, as in the case of the piano/keyboard), and it does help for the composer to have some knowledge of what that instrument is capable of.
trenton_dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 00:34   Link #1569
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

hehehe, hello guys,

wow, thanks to all. it really solved that mystery. thanks for answering my question. (although i could have added to mention the fermata part last Saturday, but i just can't login). ha! a mystery is solved yet again by musical theory and deductions. (although i was gonna suggest something really crazy, you know, to open up new options, like Curry Nochi Rice, where the keyboard is clearly heard and quite dominant. it was played in ep. 17. just probably some curiosity got in my mind somehow. but i don't think there's a fermata there. although i don't totally understand how fermata works, lol). i'll try to think of other anomalies hehe.

thanks again...
Old 2011-02-08, 05:15   Link #1570
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightMusicBand View Post
Curry Nochi Rice, where the keyboard is clearly heard and quite dominant. it was played in ep. 17.
It was also played in episode 8 of season 1, so clearly it wasn't a new song Mugi had composed.
Goggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 05:39   Link #1571
Otaku Guy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
It was also played in episode 8 of season 1, so clearly it wasn't a new song Mugi had composed.
Curry Nochi Rice is probably one of my more favorite songs <3
Otaku Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 09:24   Link #1572
Goggen

Okay, so there's been some talk about what was said about the K-On! movie during the concert today but I've found absolutely nothing about the concert itself. I want details!! Does anyone know of a source where one might find some info? What songs got performed, special apperances, etc?
Old 2011-02-20, 11:03   Link #1573
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

me too. DX but i think japanese blogsites already have them. i wanna know how the girls did, the audience reception,the screams of awe at the date announcement of the film,what the girls performed, what they wore and looked like..etc..XD

pikasha and minako are the love!!
Old 2011-02-20, 14:20   Link #1574
Sparvid
*hic*

I never got around to post it before the show, but I wonder how many songs they had time to perform. Considering that compared to the first season, the second had one more character song, one more OP and ED respectively, and plenty of group songs performed in the series (without even counting the ones only released on the album, I want to see Aki sing Ichigo Parfait live!)

Also, hopefully Satomi Sato got to wear something better than last time
Old 2011-02-20, 14:24   Link #1575
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparvid View Post
I never got around to post it before the show, but I wonder how many songs they had time to perform. Considering that compared to the first season, the second had one more character song, one more OP and ED respectively, and plenty of group songs performed in the series (without even counting the ones only released on the album, I want to see Aki sing Ichigo Parfait live!)
"Honey Sweet Tea Time" for me! Please...
Old 2011-02-20, 16:23   Link #1576
Hikamori

Here's the song set for the K-ON!! "Come with Me!!" concert

Here's the song set for the K-ON!! "Come with Me!!" live event http://chowwwomawwwwarota.blog92.fc2...entry-585.html
・GO!GO!MANIAC
・Listen!
・Oh My Guitar!!
・Seishun Vibration
・Drumming Shining My Life
・Diary wa Fortessimo
・Over the Starlight
・New! My Way
・Junjou Bomber!!
・Jump
・Ichigo Parfait ga Tomaranai
・Tokimeki Sugar
・Honey sweet tea time
・Gohan ha Okazu
・Maddy Candy
・Love
・Pure Pure Heart (Live)
· U&I (Live)
· Tenshi ni Fureta yo! (Live)
· Fuwa Fuwa Time (Live)
Encore
· NO Thank You!
· Utauyo!! MIRACLE
Double Encore
· Cagayake! GIRLS
· Don't say "lazy"
Triple Encore
Sakuragaoka Girls High School - School Songs
· Come with Me!!

Last edited by Hikamori; 2011-02-21 at 12:40.
Hikamori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 18:45   Link #1577
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

if i remember correctly, i read from somewhere before that the 2nd live would last for more than 3 and a half hours. so,meaning, they got to perform quite a lot. XD

XD yeah,minako singing honey sweet tea time would kill me. XDD i might as well get shivers from watching the girls perform the songs live like i did w/ the 1st. XD let's just hope aki did well singing the 2 OPs.

LOL. and satomi must've had a better outfit this time.XDDD
Old 2011-02-20, 18:50   Link #1578
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Judging by the previous live gig, the setlist was probably something like:

OP1 (GGM)
OP2 (UM)
Stuff from the HTT2 album
LOVE, featuring Death Devil
S2 Character songs
Movie announcement
ED1 (Listen!)
ED2 (NTY)

And yes, the event lasted 3 and a half hours (from 4 PM to 7:30 PM)
Old 2011-02-20, 18:57   Link #1579
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Judging by the previous live gig, the setlist was probably something like:

OP1 (GGM)
OP2 (UM)
Stuff from the HTT2 album
LOVE, featuring Death Devil
S2 Character songs
Movie announcement
ED1 (Listen!)
ED2 (NTY)
If the first show is any indication, the songs from HTT2 would come after the character singles and LOVE (in that order) and they'd do a big group performance of Come With Me! at the very end. But until the time comes when someone who was present finally provides some detail, I guess we can't really know.
Old 2011-02-20, 19:05   Link #1580
xBTAx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
If the first show is any indication, the songs from HTT2 would come after the character singles and LOVE (in that order) and they'd do a big group performance of Come With Me! at the very end. But until the time comes when someone who was present finally provides some detail, I guess we can't really know.
This is apparently the setlist. The poster wasn't there, but they link to a review of the concert as the source, so...
xBTAx is offline   Reply With Quote