AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-14, 05:14   Link #141
larethian

totally agree with serenade_beta on the prejudging. you can judge anything about the anime but the story or plot based on first one or two episodes. though I need to put this on hold till later, since I have too many things on my plate now. currently, I'm more bothered by the character design and bgm, at a personal level, than the story.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 05:21   Link #142
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Actually, while I can see the point S_B made, usually the opening episodes should be the best indicators for whats to come later on.

Sure, you can't make a blanket statement that the entire plot of the show will suck going by the first episode alone, but having a show should draw you in from the start, otherwise it wont matter how good it gets later on.
Old 2011-07-14, 05:27   Link #143
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Actually, while I can see the point S_B made, usually the opening episodes should be the best indicators for whats to come later on.

Sure, you can't make a blanket statement that the entire plot of the show will suck going by the first episode alone, but having a show should draw you in from the start, otherwise it wont matter how good it gets later on.
Well here's the thing. TV shows today all have the idea that it needs an instant "hook," and while from a business perspective this is the best, I don't think it always leads to the best crafted stories overall. I prefer solid story telling overall. We don't need a death note episode 1 for every anime out there.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 09:37   Link #144
liro
Super Driver

Old 2011-07-14, 11:30   Link #145
klare

for me, eps 2 turns out to be better

Utao is a better person than expected, she is quick to help others, she works hard and she even does her homework, of course she is also very cute

the finger-breaking mad scientist Kuuko is interesting as well, as for Hibino i will try to focus only on her head, and Aki should be back soon

i prefer them not to rush in revealing Kyohei's past
Old 2011-07-14, 11:33   Link #146
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by liro View Post
Spoiler for space:
Eh... what can I say, I had the same reasoning about my pet cat... dunno what this says about siscons
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 11:40   Link #147
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Honestly, I didn't see Aki as "generic evil" after ep 1. Seems to me like the dynamic was going to be set up where he was rebelling against what he saw as the evil of the village - though obviously in a frighteningly violent way - this giving him something uncomfortably in common with Kyouhei. Of course that could be a total misread on my part.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 14:35   Link #148
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Episode 02

Ah, If I ever had a reason for watching this series, there'd be 3: Hibino and Kuuko. I know, strange coming from me for a series largely devoid of fanservice, but that's the fun part about it. Hibino's and Kuuko's big ones aren't the focal point of this show, yet it gets in my face every time I see them, I'd be lying if I said I don't get a reaction To me, there's just something special about the way they aren't particularly a blatant focus of the camera, compared to a full on fanservice anime, and yet... I just seem to focus on them all the time lol. The great part is, I think I'm just going to add Kuuko to the Sadist Female list for Summer 2011, which could be my other motivating reason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
I like all the faces Utao was doing in Episode 2. Some from the main guy and Hibino too, like when Utao was playing the game and when Kukuri dropped the survivors in the river
The actual third reason why I watch this series: Utao. I just love her facial expressions, just 2 eps in and I'm hoping Kuga doesn't take Kukuri away from her so that we can get more of her great faces Seriously, all the grunting, and effort put in by her VA makes it all the more fun.

Because I had to make it:

(avvie friendly)

Now I will see if I can sleep lol
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 14:56   Link #149
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Honestly, I didn't see Aki as "generic evil" after ep 1. Seems to me like the dynamic was going to be set up where he was rebelling against what he saw as the evil of the village - though obviously in a frighteningly violent way - this giving him something uncomfortably in common with Kyouhei. Of course that could be a total misread on my part.
I actually didn't seem him as generic as well. There was something eerily foreboding about how Aki said the ones that were insane are the village. Of course he doesn't seem to be in the best mental health himself, but the question is why is he in that condition in the first place?

There have been more than a few hints dropped to show the village as shady, including Kyouhei's disdain for the place and his past.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 16:07   Link #150
Derp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
I swear I am getting anime deja vu. Something else would show up on the screen and there was a sound like that la la la la la thing.
It reminds me of the tune the Chrysalis from Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker sings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu6RH...tailpage#t=68s
Derp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 19:05   Link #151
TheGeekHuntress
If only you were brave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I actually didn't seem him as generic as well. There was something eerily foreboding about how Aki said the ones that were insane are the village. Of course he doesn't seem to be in the best mental health himself, but the question is why is he in that condition in the first place?

There have been more than a few hints dropped to show the village as shady, including Kyouhei's disdain for the place and his past.
Agreed. There was definitely some hinting there that the village was "insane". That scene where Aki was taken away again and his guards' words to Kyouhei was another clue into that. I see them using Kyouhei's little sister as a way to keep their claws in him. Just some speculation on my part.

Thank you for the signature Pellissier!
TheGeekHuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 21:35   Link #152
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
I think I'm the only person watching this anime who wants to see LESS of Utao...
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 22:07   Link #153
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Speaking of Utao, I'm glad she is winning on that poll thing on the official website. For a moment, I thought some joke vote like Aki wearing a sailer uniform would win (or maybe that Bandou-like guy in a sailor uniform). But it looks like everyone is catching on! Ya~y~

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 08:39   Link #154
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
I think I'm the only person watching this anime who wants to see LESS of Utao...
Not the only one. I could do with a little less Utao. I think she's most effective in small doses, much like a seasoning in a recipe rather than the main ingredient.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 13:26   Link #155
Accelolita_

Quote:
Nope, definitely not the only one. I can't say I dislike her, but I think she's annoying and I'd rather like to see more Aki than Utao....
And 3 of my friends who watch this series think so, too. That she's an annoying little brat
Accelolita_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 19:53   Link #156
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Not the only one. I could do with a little less Utao. I think she's most effective in small doses, much like a seasoning in a recipe rather than the main ingredient.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accelolita_ View Post
Nope, definitely not the only one. I can't say I dislike her, but I think she's annoying and I'd rather like to see more Aki than Utao....
And 3 of my friends who watch this series think so, too. That she's an annoying little brat
Whew thank you guys. Was starting to wonder if I had gone off the deep end, or if there were others going off with me.

I want to know more about this village, about their Gods, about Aki, about the male lead, things of substance. I could do less with Utao training day at the park, and more with real substance.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 07:10   Link #157
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

UgeH?! I just realized Mahiru is voiced by Hanazawa! Ugeeeeeeeeeeeeh... orz

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 07:27   Link #158
liro
Super Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post

Ew, She's just overused. I like her role as Nadeko and Charlotte, tho.
Old 2011-07-16, 07:39   Link #159
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
coun't me in...
but Hibino's weird boobs makes me think that Utao slightly better than her as heroine in this series
ah well, mad scientist(?) "Kuuko Karahari" who appeared in eps 2 made the anime more enjoyable though (especially because she was voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro)
Old 2011-07-16, 11:55   Link #160
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
That's pretty much the main reason I picked this show up (the other being Brain's base).

She's not a lot of anime this season, at least when compared to before.

Tags
action, fantasy, horror, romance, seinen