AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Sword Art Online - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 101 43.35%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 62 26.61%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 43 18.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 7.30%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 1.72%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.29%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.29%
Voters: 233. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-07-10, 12:39   Link #441
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

I kinda hope the discrepancy between what he said he would do and how no one passed level 1 in the first day is explained, even in passing, in the next episode. I don't want to feel like the author/staff just forgot about it. Justifying it to myself is one thing, but I like to know that they're aware about these small things.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 12:41   Link #442
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Wasn't it mentioned that he was one of 1,000 beta testers? I think it's safe to assume that the other 1,000 are in this gold release as well. I wonder how they're doing so far.

Endless "no nickname today" Soul
Old 2012-07-10, 12:47   Link #443
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
On the other hand, didn't Kirito predict that it would only take him a month to get to level 8 this time? Yet we know from the epilogue that no one has cleared the first floor in the month since the game started. Conclusion is that Kirito has not been as successful as he expected to be.
That estimate was before the tutorial, so he was still thinking he could die and retry a dungeon as many times as he wanted. The new rules require a more conservative playing style.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 12:47   Link #444
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
I kinda hope the discrepancy between what he said he would do and how no one passed level 1 in the first day is explained, even in passing, in the next episode. I don't want to feel like the author/staff just forgot about it. Justifying it to myself is one thing, but I like to know that they're aware about these small things.
I was under the impression he was headed to the next town on the first floor not the next floor itself
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 12:49   Link #445
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
Wasn't it mentioned that he was one of 1,000 beta testers? I think it's safe to assume that the other 1,000 are in this gold release as well. I wonder how they're doing so far.

Endless "no nickname today" Soul
If his behaviour is any indication, other beta testers will probably move up to other cities as well, as the area near starting town will be over-farmed. On the other hand, some beta testers might actually become leader figures for people (starting guild etc)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
What is meant by level 1 wasn't cleared is not the player level, but level/floor 1 of Aincrad. Aincrad basically consists of 100 floors, each with its own boss. One month after the start the first boss on floor one hasn't been defeated.

Edit: just remembered south park wow episode, where they farmed boars worth 2EP for months to fight against a cheater
Old 2012-07-10, 13:52   Link #446
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
yea I don't know why people keep forgetting that he is way above level wise then many of the new players.
He isn't. His character was reset for the real start.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 15:17   Link #447
maelstormCaT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
He isn't. His character was reset for the real start.
Yup. His hp bar is shown when he was talking to Klein before they separate. It clearly said he's lvl 1.
maelstormCaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 16:11   Link #448
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
I was under the impression he was headed to the next town on the first floor not the next floor itself
I'm under that impression as well, but I don't think it matters if there's a month-long timeskip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
What is meant by level 1 wasn't cleared is not the player level, but level/floor 1 of Aincrad. Aincrad basically consists of 100 floors, each with its own boss. One month after the start the first boss on floor one hasn't been defeated.
I understand that. Considering how far he went in the beta, though, I want them to at least say that people are afraid of advancing to the second floor or something.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 16:37   Link #449
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

The light novel readers could probably answer all your questions in a heartbeat but I wont go much into that since this isn't a place for that sort of discussion and rules are rules. Patience is a virtue guys. All questions will be answered in due time. Probably even at the second ep based on the pacing. I just hope A-1 doesn't leave out too many details or plot holes would be popping out like mushrooms just like why 2000 people actually died on the first month.
Old 2012-07-10, 22:14   Link #450
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordstriker21 View Post
The light novel readers could probably answer all your questions in a heartbeat but I wont go much into that since this isn't a place for that sort of discussion and rules are rules. Patience is a virtue guys. All questions will be answered in due time. Probably even at the second ep based on the pacing. I just hope A-1 doesn't leave out too many details or plot holes would be popping out like mushrooms just like why 2000 people actually died on the first month.
Panicking parents pulling off the helmets would be my guess, another is that hostages descending into anarchy.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 23:15   Link #451
Divini
Senpai!

I was kind of expecting quite a bit when they got that mirror that reverted their true selves. But from looking at all the players in general, things didn't change that much. And yes, I fully expected the flirting girl to be a guy.

I guess since everyone is from the 'anime world' already, everyone is a bishie.

I should give them the benefit of the doubt by their real world being similar to ours, from their POV.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 01:48   Link #452
Kafriel
Senior Guest

[mod edit: removed off-topic game]

Quote:
I was kind of expecting quite a bit when they got that mirror that reverted their true selves. But from looking at all the players in general, things didn't change that much
I'm expecting this factor to be of importance later on. Besides clearing the interwebs of threads like "what if X character is actually a G.I.R.L.!", teenagers would be more wary of adults and maybe people wouldn't take kids as seriously.

Saturday takes forever to come...

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-07-11 at 09:40.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 02:37   Link #453
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Watched ep 1.
With all the generics anime this season , obviously this one stands out.
But the story is still banal with anime logic , not enough to take it seriously compared to Hack series.
The art is more kiddy.
Well , at least it seems to be entertaining enough.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 02:41   Link #454
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

[mod edit: removed off-topic game]

And yes, for all your answers, you may go to the light novel thread, which is a free fire zone for spoilers, and there your questions will be answered. I'd rather not get banned again for being helpful, thx very much.

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-07-11 at 09:40.
Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 02:42   Link #455
Jaden

As an anime only viewer I'm gonna wait until passing judgement on this, 'cause I got this feeling that this season's anime is a tad bit weak so even something mediocre will get lots of viewers.

That said, the first episode was OK. The game environment is used very effectively here as a plot device, I like that. I much preferred the evocative art and character design in the .Hack animes, SAO seemed bland in comparison. And obviously both series share Yuki Kajiura for music, so that should be good. Though isn't she a bit overworked lately?
Old 2012-07-11, 02:43   Link #456
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
But the story is still banal with anime logic , not enough to take it seriously compared to Hack series.
While SAO has plenty of anime logic, .hack is hardly an exception. Flawed as SAO's explanation for players being locked into the game may be, at least there IS one.

.hack barely has any, and what's there amounts to basically LOLAIMAGIC!
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 02:46   Link #457
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
I thought of .hack as a really good AMV... it wasn't an anime really , but the music (Yuki Kajiara) was awesome
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 03:12   Link #458
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
That said, the first episode was OK. The game environment is used very effectively here as a plot device, I like that. I much preferred the evocative art and character design in the .Hack animes, SAO seemed bland in comparison. And obviously both series share Yuki Kajiura for music, so that should be good. Though isn't she a bit overworked lately?
They're players with starting equipment, using their own faces that have been imported from the real world. Of course their faces will look bland in comparison to .hack.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 05:39   Link #459
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
While SAO has plenty of anime logic, .hack is hardly an exception. Flawed as SAO's explanation for players being locked into the game may be, at least there IS one.

.hack barely has any, and what's there amounts to basically LOLAIMAGIC!
both reasosn are very similar, both involve a genious that created a game, both made something shady in the game, the difference is that one locked the characters directly and the other hided an IA that putted players into a coma, and found a way into the net potentialy jeopardizing the whole world, i find more credible that someone hid something in the game than actually beign able to publish it as a death trap, but the motives why herald hoerwick were ignored in .hack series, wich make a huge plot hole,on the other hand sao has a more beliavable protagonist, for beign a gamer, where in hack most protagonists are noobs.

Last edited by zeniselv; 2012-07-11 at 06:01.
zeniselv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 07:23   Link #460
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Wow, they really did great for this episode. It exceeded my expectations. Although leaving that so called plot-hole only brings the critics to the house.

Still I would think the whole "Showing the news" thing would have been enough to infer public and governmental reactions. (Otherwise the LN does explain it)

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sci-fi, shonen