AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-21, 15:02   Link #21
Tommy
Mr. Prince

After this chapter I am REALLY hoping to see the return of "Usopp Hammer". Maybe we'll see a 100 ton hammer this time .
Old 2011-09-21, 15:04   Link #22
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Some of the match ups may be subject to change; this happened in the Enies Lobby arc, after all.
Old 2011-09-21, 15:08   Link #23
ellifeedn
Thinker

I wonder how Shirahoshi is crying underwater.
Old 2011-09-21, 15:18   Link #24
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Some of the match ups may be subject to change; this happened in the Enies Lobby arc, after all.
Except these have been announced with tags, so...
Old 2011-09-21, 15:24   Link #25
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Pretty good chapter overall, starting to see match ups now so should be pretty good ride.

Looking forward to what Chopper's got in his bag of tricks, seems he's gonna pop a rumble, so def looking forward to that.

Can't really think of what will happen now with Noah, theres always the chance that with Oda it might very well crush the Island but I think theres a possiblity Neptune might save the day here.

Well the wait is a long one and not one I look forward to.
Old 2011-09-21, 15:26   Link #26
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
But there's no OP next week D:
Spoiler for Big Video:

Well, that just makes the next chapter all the more exciting, if I manage to survive that long. :O
But then again I don't think anyone has ever died due to anticipation yet.
Old 2011-09-21, 15:29   Link #27
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
Except these have been announced with tags, so...
That doesn't necessarily mean these particular match ups are all set in stone. Circumstances may permit for alterations.

In any case, the real threat right now is Noah's descent towards the island. Something needs to be done immediately.
Old 2011-09-21, 16:03   Link #28
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post

Looking forward to what Chopper's got in his bag of tricks, seems he's gonna pop a rumble, so def looking forward to that.
Actually I hope he doesn't...using rumble would mean that the failm...fishman is actually a tough challenge, which they haven't been for quite a while now.

I must say I'm pretty happy with the match-ups, mostly because they are not those one would expect.
No complaints about them except for well...

Y U no Robin, Oda!?
I wanted her to ave a one-on-one
Old 2011-09-21, 16:11   Link #29
marvelB

lol, I like how people are suddenly debating about how Decken passed out. I mean, even the earlier spoiler summary clearly pointed out that he slipped and conked his own noggin. So where's all of this Haki stuff coming from?

Anyways, awesome chapter. Y'know, I now realize that Usopp and Chopper's fights may be a "reprisal" of sorts of the Mr. 4/Merry Christmas fight in Alabasta. So rather than considering them to be two one-on-one fights, this is probably more of a tag-team battle. If so, I can't wait to see what new badass combination attacks the two of them will come up with.

I also really like how Zeo seems to be the most competent member of Hody's crew, yet also turns out to be one of the goofiest. He was smart enough to realize that Nami was Sanji's weakness, and yet..... FOOT HEADBUTT ATTACK. This makes me look forward to his bout with Brooke even more.

It's also nice to see Luffy getting along with token arc "helpers". For some reason, I just really liked how he called Fukaboshi "Brotherhoshi". And of course while Hody may be gloating now, we all know that his sloppily-planned scheme to destroy the island will end in utter failure. At least he should be glad that Decken was knocked out before he had the chance to bitchslap him to death first.
Old 2011-09-21, 16:33   Link #30
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post

I think some of Oda's breaks are work related, wasn't the last one for data-gathering or something? Well, I'd imagine he's an incredibly busy fellow with his manga topping the charts after all.

"data gathering" are usually another way of saying for magaka going on vacation taking trips for convention/expo appearances. Usually the ones that didn't mention "data gathering" are the ones you should worry about.

He already had one this year that was caused by sprain wrist(or something with the working hand), and I can remember at least 2 other incident in past two years that were due to sickness. This couples with the news that his 4 Weeks break was actually shortened by Oda's request and was originally supposed to be 3 month which was suggested by the editorial staff due to health and fatigue concern.
Old 2011-09-21, 16:37   Link #31
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I wonder how Shirahoshi is crying underwater.

Maybe..... Haki?
Old 2011-09-21, 16:45   Link #32
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Maybe..... Haki?
Haki, the explanation to everything...ever.
Old 2011-09-21, 17:12   Link #33
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
lol, I like how people are suddenly debating about how Decken passed out. I mean, even the earlier spoiler summary clearly pointed out that he slipped and conked his own noggin. So where's all of this Haki stuff coming from?
Not people, just one person.

And I agree with you. The chances of Big Mom appearing next chapter are slim.
Old 2011-09-21, 21:34   Link #34
Undertaker

Not to mention how would Big Mom get there that fast? Only 3 hours (might be wrong on exact time, but close enough) had passed since candy factory went kaboom.
Old 2011-09-21, 22:59   Link #35
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Maybe..... Haki?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Haki, the explanation to everything...ever.
What the hell are Haki infused tears supposed to do? Let me guess, they make enemies stop attacking the cryer and apologize.

...Yeah, I don't think even Haki infused tears can help Shirahoshi get a spot on the crew.
Old 2011-09-21, 23:05   Link #36
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

For the last goddamn time, foaming at the mouth while unconscious is a common Japanese expression that's been in our popular culture for decades.
Someone knocked out and foaming doesn't mean haki, Jesus.

He fell and hit his head. How hard is that to grasp.

postuan, every time you make a ridiculous fanfic theories, a kitten dies. Remember that.
Old 2011-09-21, 23:52   Link #37
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
postuan, every time you make a ridiculous fanfic theories, a kitten dies. Remember that.
Agreed.

And we don't any more kittens dying now do we?
Old 2011-09-22, 02:45   Link #38
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 640
That was not a bad chapter. Hodi did a bad thing. He made Decken into an asset for Luffy. I thought that Decken would die but he seems to have survived. Funny to see all Hodi’s men pop pills when they face the straw hats. I like Chopper new forms. They are proving to be very powerful. The fact that he has 7 forms means he has more options in combat.

What I would do if I were Decken
The left hand has Hodi marked and the right hand has Shirahoshi marked. If I were Decken I would send the Noah’s Arch at Hodi and send Fisherman Island at Shirahoshi. Just to screw with Hodi for betraying me. Then Shirahoshi can swim away with the Island safely and that would leave Luffy and Hodi to contend with the Noah’s Arch and me.

Just to make things really interesting and to keep Hodi focused on me and not Shirahoshi, I would throw a tons of humans at Hodi with my left hand as well. All of the humans I throw would have deadly poison in there blood stream. There would also be signs on the humans saying “humans are better then Fisherman in every way and I am a human sympathizer”. Knowing Hodi’s racist attitude, he would get angry and come after me. But I am also wagering he would bit into one of the humans, if not all of them just to prove his superiority.

Once Hodi is out of the way, I would let the Noah’s arch fall to the bottom of the ocean and break. I would send a big broken chunk of the Noah’s Arch at Shirahoshi. The Broken off peace of the Noah’s Arch would be big enough to threaten Shirahoshi and the Island but easy enough for Luffy to handle. Luffy will have two options, go after me or the Broken peace of Noah’s Arch. If he goes after me Shirahoshi dies and the Island crashes to the bottom of the ocean and bubble bursts. If he goes after the Noah’s Arch broken peace he can save the Island and Shirahoshi. They can then find a nice place for fisherman Island on the surface and then release my influence on the Island by touching it. Happy ending for all.

Possible Future
If Decken does make the Island follow Shirahoshi, Shirahoshi could literally bring the Island to the surface and find a safe position for it. The Fisherman Citizens wouldn’t have to find a place to live and this would be a great way to enter in too the New World and the Reverie. Talk about a great migration.

Big Mammas influence on the Island would be broken or challenged if that Island land on another Yonkou’s territory or near Marine base. That would really piss Big Mamma off. That would really upstage Drake X’s move two years ago to. This story has a possibility to go in many directions now. There could be a big chance a power player could show up in this arch still.
Old 2011-09-22, 04:30   Link #39
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Very interesting match-ups. With the exception of Luffy vs Hodi and Zoro vs Hyouzou, they have all been rather surprising. I'm looking forward to Brook's fight the most, as it's probably going to be hilarious. Zeo is by far the best fishman of Hodi's group (super sole head butt ).

Kinda sad Robin's being left out though. There's no "big shots" left for her to fight, is there? It would be nice to see her fight Caribou (however, I seriously doubt he's going to jump into the fray, he should use this opportunity to leave the island instead).
Old 2011-09-22, 06:46   Link #40
ronin myael
lost ronin

this chapter is a good prelude for the upcoming fights. nice match-ups indeed. hope oda comes back with a bangin' new chapter two weeks from now.