AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-01, 17:07   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Negima FanFiction Discussion

Welcome to the Negima FanFiction Discussion thread.

This thread is meant for Negima fanfiction and its discussion. Fanfiction works can be either posted in this thread or in the Fan Creations Forum and linked to in this thread. You may also link to Fanfiction works posted on other sites and discuss it here.

General rules of our forum still apply:
  • No sexually explicit material. Yes, this goes for text format as well.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members
  • Have fun, but post intelligently

Please respect the authors, fanfictions are written in their free time, they have have no gain and owe you nothing; if they like a particular character and/or a particular pattern for their story, it's a personal choice and can't be blamed. In general, you are free to post constructive criticisms but not insults which (as in any other part of the forums) won't be tolerated. Remember that writers post here to get help and not to get troubles.

Thanks and have fun
Old 2010-02-01, 20:59   Link #2
isagrimorie
Zombie Slayer in Training

This is fantastic! I've been waiting on this one!
Old 2010-02-02, 01:30   Link #3
Kurush

Send a message via MSN to Kurush
Whoo! Thanks a lot, Ojisan!

"The objective is not to win. It is to eliminate every option for the enemy except the one to lose."

Knowledge is power. It should be shared.
Old 2010-02-02, 11:08   Link #4
ZeroForever

I like this series... but honestly the amount of 'good' negima fanfiction is lacking even by the usual 1% standards.

I've read maybe 1 good character based story, and like 3-4 entertaining crack stories.

There's just way to many SI/OC stories where they just so happen to end up at 3A in the class (worst clinch plot idea ever) or pointless yuri fluff that's well... fluff.
Old 2010-02-02, 11:54   Link #5
Kurush

I know, but that's because most tend to not be very good to begin with when they start. But the 1% that is out there, is good. You have to admit that.

Most of them are AU, and some are Crossovers, but they are rather good in comparison to other stories out there.

"The objective is not to win. It is to eliminate every option for the enemy except the one to lose."

Old 2010-02-02, 14:05   Link #6
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post
There's just way to many SI/OC stories where they just so happen to end up at 3A in the class (worst clinch plot idea ever) or pointless yuri fluff that's well... fluff.
wait, what? ... SI/OC ???

Good Character driven Yurifluff aren't pointless ... i'd like to read some serious fluff going into the Nodoka/Yue relationship (which goes off as protential yuri bait ... due to Nodoka's idea about doing the OT3 with Yue and Negi)
Old 2010-02-02, 17:10   Link #7
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

I'm not much of a Negima fanfic reader. However, back in 2005, I did try my hand at writing one in the form of a short Xmas tale that focuses less on the crazy romance side of things and more on the idea of whether a wizard like Negi believes in the Santa Claus mythos. I had it online for some time, but sadly it's no longer around due to America Online getting rid of the storage space that its customers were allowed to use (which also affected a number of convention reports that I wrote). However, I did save the story, so it may show up again online.

A few notes about the tale:

1. The story was written based on my current knowledge of the series at that point (i.e. the first eight volumes of the manga plus a few pieces that I learned via followingf the raws that came out at the time).

2. There's a brief crossover near the end of the tale, but it's one that is quite understandable.
Old 2010-02-02, 17:15   Link #8
ZeroForever

SI = self insert
OC = original character... these have a propensity to be SI.

character driven fluff could be good but most isn't, it's similar to crack fic's where there's no real coherent idea's/plot. It's usually just a mishmash of what the author would like to see be it good or bad... though usually bad.

As for clinches, honestly i don't mind having extra students merged into 3-A they have the space for 3 more seats if estimates are correct of the class room size, but seriously do it well... integrate it more then 'LOL Ranma gets stuck as a girl and needs to attend a girls school' or 'mysterious OC kid lands at Mahora see how he blah blah blah blah blah' these are just examples of being lazy and of bad writing in general.

one's that i recommend from drama
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3334298/..._a_Lonely_Girl

for crack
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5663320/1/When_Wizards_Meet
Old 2010-02-03, 01:19   Link #9
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
As for clinches, honestly i don't mind having extra students merged into 3-A they have the space for 3 more seats if estimates are correct of the class room size,
5 more. Class is 6 seats in width (or actually 3 of 2-seats in width), with 31 students it means that it's 6 x 6 for 36 seats with Evangeline occupying last row all for herself. It's pretty clear in some manga panels.

Quote:
then 'LOL Ranma gets stuck as a girl and needs to attend a girls school' or 'mysterious OC kid lands at Mahora see how he blah blah blah blah blah' these are just examples of being lazy and of bad writing in general.
Or any other male in class changed in girl or not for that matter. There is Mahora jr high BOYS school on campus and all that other schools besides them! If you don't believe it check Ako club occupation - she is their soccer club manager - yes, BOYS soccer team, not girls (or at least If I Recall Correctly).

PS. As for recommendations http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4136905/1/ - "Reikai Sensei Kuwabara", Yu Yu Hakusho crossover (and some others), be wary of some crossover bashing ahead (not Negima or YYH) but it not big part of story. Second recommendation for "When Wizards Meet" yet, not sure if author will continue that good though, judging by his other fics... Also for crack with good plot (so far) http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4940130/1/ - "Gehenna Holy Queen", Disgaea crossover.

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.

Last edited by al103; 2010-02-03 at 01:33.
Old 2010-03-04, 06:04   Link #10
Merctrin
Immi

So I figured I'd take advantage of being awake this late with nothing to bother me and write. Probably not the wisest move, but oh well.

Spoiler for Tsukuyomi Rambling:

Spoiler for Notes:

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Merctrin; 2010-03-04 at 09:32.
Old 2010-03-06, 02:54   Link #11
Merctrin
Immi

Ending this mess of words (for the time being at least), here's the rest.

Spoiler for The Rest of Tsukuyomi Oddness:

Spoiler for Notes:

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Merctrin; 2010-03-06 at 03:21.
Old 2010-03-06, 03:03   Link #12
Kurush

Not bad. I was confused about when this was set, but I'll leave that alone.

These I'm posting after they've been set up, or before they'll be set up. I'm in desperate need of reviews for this story.

Spoiler for Nodoka's adventures:

You'll be much confused by this, but I can make more of these if you'd like. The story link is down below in my signature.

Old 2010-03-14, 14:37   Link #13
Sin Ansem
With this I'm Invincible!

Send a message via AIM to Sin Ansem Send a message via MSN to Sin Ansem
I'm kinda touched I've been recommended in the crossovers about Disgaea: Gehenna's Holy Queen.

I swear I'll get to updating, as I'm mining for ideas for how to proceed with my general plot (as in, I know what I want but not how to go about it). But for now, why don't I send to you the two definite KonoSetsu fanfics that aren't fail?

Egg Belly

Updates only once in a blue moon but holy CRAP this fic is good.

Illumine

A more recent outing that shows just how badass Konoka can be when she's the one who has to pull the rescue arc.

I Am Negima!?, and SO CAN YOU!
Part the First
Part the Second
Abandon Sanity, all ye who read here
Old 2010-03-17, 07:07   Link #14
Kurush

Oooh, nothing beats Egg Belly when it comes to KonoSetsu.

Now, this part has yet to come up yet, but I need to get it out of my head so I can start on chapter 33.

Spoiler for PotM, Nodoka's adventures:

Spoiler for Notes:

Old 2010-03-21, 20:56   Link #15
Ancient Death
Lonely without Suigintou

I suggest some great Negima crossover stories...

This one is the Harry Potter Crossover: International magic

This one is the other Harry Potter crossover with some surprises: Harry Potter and the New Threat

Now this one is a favorite of mine...Guess it!: Kitsune on Campus

More mages! Fairy Tail crossover: There's more then one World of Magic

Finally...now for the longest one! Yu Yu Hakusho crossover! No, I'm not kidding...I'm serious: Reikai Sensei Kuwabara
Old 2010-03-21, 21:34   Link #16
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Death View Post
Finally...now for the longest one! Yu Yu Hakusho crossover! No, I'm not kidding...I'm serious: Reikai Sensei Kuwabara
Only one of them I would happily second as recommended good read. One of my favorite crossovers so far, not perfect but merging of two so different universes is made very carefully and it don't have serious case of "all the same, only with sparkles", nor guest char overshadowing previous main character. Others are... not so good, especially "International magic", which have serious case of stupids... Actually I would go as far as to recommend to ignore "International magic" and don't try to read it.

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
Old 2010-03-29, 13:14   Link #17
Kurush

Okay, this I so need to get out and I just want an honest opinion.

Spoiler for Letter for Negi:

Spoiler for Notes:

Like it, hate it, do whatever you want with it. Just speak your mind: If you have reasons for either For or Against, let me know.

Old 2010-03-31, 03:25   Link #18
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
The prologue to an eventual KonoSetsu multi-chapter story...

No matter where Konoka went, Setsuna would always be her guardian...after all, duty always won over love. Even if that duty meant marrying into a family to protect the world's wards against destruction and watching the one you love give herself to another.

Love and Duty Come in Chains

Spoiler for Love and Duty Come in Chains, prologue:
Old 2010-03-31, 10:54   Link #19
Sin Ansem
With this I'm Invincible!

Send a message via AIM to Sin Ansem Send a message via MSN to Sin Ansem
Quote:
Originally Posted by al103 View Post
Others are... not so good, especially "International magic", which have serious case of stupids... Actually I would go as far as to recommend to ignore "International magic" and don't try to read it.
Out of curiosity, explain "serious case of stupids". I only have an inkling of what it might be, but...

I Am Negima!?, and SO CAN YOU!
Part the First
Part the Second
Abandon Sanity, all ye who read here
Old 2010-03-31, 11:20   Link #20
isagrimorie
Zombie Slayer in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
The prologue to an eventual KonoSetsu multi-chapter story...

No matter where Konoka went, Setsuna would always be her guardian...after all, duty always won over love. Even if that duty meant marrying into a family to protect the world's wards against destruction and watching the one you love give herself to another.

Love and Duty Come in Chains

Spoiler for Love and Duty Come in Chains, prologue:
That was, wow, that was really painful to read in a good way. But still angst! I didn't expect angst at this time of day! I'm glad Asuna's there to slap some sense into Setsuna... except it seems she didn't slap sense back to Setsuna hard enough.